PDA

View Full Version : Will the new US CBB hurt UK CBB?

Pink Panther
11-09-2017, 06:57 AM
So the US Big Brother is getting its own Celebrity version.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/08/what-to-expect-from-the-us-take-on-celebrity-big-brother/

Will this new show take away good US celebs that would've agreed to do the UK version? I doubt a celeb would do both versions, so obviously if they agree to do the US version they're off limits for the UK version.

Your thoughts?

Denver
11-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Half of te linked names have done CBB though

Pink Panther
11-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Half of te linked names have done CBB though

What names tho?

The only names mentioned are Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, and James Corden, and none of them have been approached yet. None of them have done CBB UK.

Morgan.
11-09-2017, 08:19 AM
What names tho?

The only names mentioned are Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, and James Corden, and none of them have been approached yet. None of them have done CBB UK.

Ah okay let's all pretend Tiffany, Speidi, Brandi etc haven't been rumoured then. In fact, I haven't seen any of the above rumoured, and I don't think they'd do it.

Anyway, it won't hurt CBBUK because it won't be shown here and most people who watch BB don't even know about International versions.

MTVN
11-09-2017, 08:31 AM
While “Celebrity Big Brother” is new to CBS, it’s the only version of the show that’s ever aired in the UK

Err what

Pink Panther
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Ah okay let's all pretend Tiffany, Speidi, Brandi etc haven't been rumoured then. In fact, I haven't seen any of the above rumoured, and I don't think they'd do it.

Anyway, it won't hurt CBBUK because it won't be shown here and most people who watch BB don't even know about International versions.

#1 I've never heard the rumors about Tiff/Speidi/Brandi and was asking the person what are the rumored names.

#2 the names I mentioned were mentioned by Julie Chen in the same article I posted, which obviously u didn't read.

#3 My point was, if there's a local CBB that is asking a certain celeb to be on, why would they agree to go to a UK version of it? Obviously they won't if US CBB approached them first. This might make UK CBB's job at finding GOOD housemates from the US a LITTLE harder.

#4 Yes someone that has already been on UK CBB might join US CBB but that's irrelevant to my argument. It's a lot easier for them to join US CBB with american celebs like them knowing that it's filmed in LA so when they're eliminated they can still see their families, etc during the filming period. Tiffany suffered mostly due to being an ALIEN in that atmosphere, had she been on a US CBB there wouldn't be that much culture shock and people wouldn't be threatened and ganged on her to LEAVE the house.

Mitchell
11-09-2017, 01:08 PM
If anything, I think it might help UK CBB

Pink Panther
11-09-2017, 01:17 PM
If anything, I think it might help UK CBB

You mean like how the american version of the office helped the UK original version?

http://i.imgur.com/f8y5rXj.gif

Scream
11-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Yep. We will be deprived of BradTheLadLong

RileyH
11-09-2017, 02:59 PM

I haven't seen Brandi rumored but I wouldn't be mad if she did it :flutter:

Denver
11-09-2017, 04:43 PM
James Corden is/was a big fan of the UK version so i am sure he would choose us especially with us giving more money

Morgan.
11-09-2017, 05:13 PM
I haven't seen Brandi rumored but I wouldn't be mad if she did it :flutter:

I'm sure I saw her name somewhere, I might just be confused because I've looked at a lot of rumours and also wiki-watched a lot of Celebrity Apprentice which she did :joker:

Withano
11-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Don't see why people wouldn't do both. Money will always be money.

rk3388
11-09-2017, 06:17 PM

That article was a bunch of crap, as Bradtheladlong somehow got news sites to run with his list again. Calling it now, there is no way the rest was real because it was literally all reality "stars", and I think CBS will have a higher budget for it (assuming it's a shortened series)

supertv247
11-09-2017, 06:36 PM
I think it may spark a bidding war for big US names. For example, Ray J / Gary Busey or someone like that might be offered both and only be willing to do one

thisisdanny
11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
While “Celebrity Big Brother” is new to CBS, it’s the only version of the show that’s ever aired in the UK

Ur a liar and ya dangerous and a don't like ya

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/29/768x432/gallery-1500501110-bb-andrew.jpg

RileyH
11-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Andrew :flutter:

Shaun
11-09-2017, 07:31 PM
if it means the likes of Trisha Paytas fans staying the hell away from our show then I can't complain

Epic.
11-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Ur a liar and ya dangerous and a don't like ya

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/29/768x432/gallery-1500501110-bb-andrew.jpg

Hated Andrew but :joker::joker::joker:

Mitchell
12-09-2017, 02:07 AM
You mean like how the american version of the office helped the UK original version?

People might really enjoy doing the US CBB and want to give CBB UK a chance (before they get here and get bullied by someone who was on Ex on the beach once)

King Gizzard
12-09-2017, 02:30 AM
yeah, completely ruin it

King Gizzard
12-09-2017, 02:31 AM
really will die. lots

Pink Panther
12-09-2017, 05:09 AM
Andrew :flutter:

Ew. :skull:

Stick to stanning for QUEEN Brandi tbh. :fan:

Ant.
12-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I can't see this beating CBBUK

Isn't BBUSA also getting a Spanish-speaking only version too? It's funny how BBUSA is seemingly growing while BBUK seems to just be... falling apart lol

pontyboi
15-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Ofcourse it will lol everyone's more interested in usa celebs and the rumoured names are big....though why would james cordon sign up whilst he's at the top of his career? Celebrity big brother is for celebs who have fallen let's be real. I can't believe only now they are doing it though it's such an obvious idea and brings in ratings.

mattC.
20-09-2017, 04:38 PM
americans will stop coming to cbb....

Captain.Remy
20-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Let's not forget the formats are COMPLETELY different please.
US celebs come to BB UK because they are are mainly z-list celebrities who need some money elsewhere than their home country, and also to feed their ego.

The US version is nothing like the UK one, and more brutal depending on how it's played.

pontyboi
20-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Let's not forget the formats are COMPLETELY different please.
US celebs come to BB UK because they are are mainly z-list celebrities who need some money elsewhere than their home country, and also to feed their ego.

The US version is nothing like the UK one, and more brutal depending on how it's played.

This is why I love the us celebs because they think they are coming to play a game and are greeted with actual real relationships and dynamics you don't get on bb usa. They are two different shows....bb usa should be called survivor 2.0.

Marsh.
20-09-2017, 10:57 PM

What do you mean?

The original Office ended before the US one was made and was only intended to run for as long as it did.