PDA

View Full Version : 'Out of Place'

Sammeth
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
'Out of Place' is the theme for my new, and first eye. I'll do an explination after the image. :D

Out of Place Eye
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutOfPlaceEye.png

With BB text
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutOfPlaceEye-BIGBROTHER8.png

The eye is split up into little square sections. They are then
randomly placed to form the eye, to give a an offset effect, rather than an organised neat view. The colours are also clashing to make it feel as thought the Eye shouldnt be like that. It is..Out of Place.

This is also my very first attempt at a House Floorplan. Hopefully, after I have posted these, you will all give me nice constructive critisism to help me improve on future eyes :D *cough hint*

[b]The House
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutofPlaceHouseInterior.png

First of all we go down the blue stairs, which takes us into the green room. The green room is actually an 11 bed bedroom. Already this will surprise housemates, as usually the enterance leads to a main living area. This means if any new housemates enter the house, they will be walking straight into the bedroom. However, 3 bedsare on a little "hangover". This room has the 3 beds, but a glass wall [the blue line], so they can see right into the bathroom, and the people in the bathroom can see them.

The Red Room is the bathroom. There is no toilet. Just a bath [the big red box] and an open plan shower. There are no cubicles to get privacy. There are two shower head nozzles sticking out of the wall, just like there would be in a Gym, or a Swimming Centre for example.

The Purple Area is the Living, Dining and Cooking areas. The purple room next to the toilet is storage, and the kitchen is indicated by the counters next to this. The dining table is very close together to give a claustraphobic feel. However, there are 5 big beanbags for the housemates to relax with.

The garden and decking are quite small. The decking/patio is a place for housemates to relax, as their small, obscure garden isnt really big enough. It is home to a swimming pool, and a rather obscure toilet. The toilet is in the middle of the garden, and on the outside you can not see in. But on the inside you can see out. For example....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/Outdoortoilet.png

To get to the Diary Room, the only way to acess it is through the garden. At the end of the garden is a passageway, leaidng to the Diary Room. The Diary Room is very 'Out of Place' and quite far away for Housemates to venture out to at night.

--------------------------------------------

What I would really like is some constructive critisism. As this is my first theme, eye and house it obviously isnt great. But hopefully with the tips I get I can improve :D

Thanks.

Shade
xoxoxo

Matt
06-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Very neat, but just one question: Is there no living room for the housemates to gather in for nominations, evictions etc. ?

JOSHUAH!
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Its a really intresting house design! I also love the eye its very mosaic and btw I love the toilet idea.

Chri$
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
The eye is Great I Recon it would look multy coulerd or 2 Coulers! :colour:

Cody™
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
not too sure about the eye design, but i love the house design.. one of the better ones we've seen recently :D

bbcanada
06-05-2007, 03:38 PM
great! um.. is it just me or do i see a face in the eye? lol, i kind of find the long strip of the garden to the diary room akward, its just not relistic, overwise great job!

Sammeth
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
:D Thanks for all your replies. After some of them, I decided to redesign the eye and the house to make it look better. We shall start with the eye.

not too sure about the eye design, but i love the house design.. one of the better ones we've seen recently :D

This is what triggered me to redesign the eye. After you said that, I looked at it again and I thought it looked a little too sloppy. So I neatened it up and mixed it up a bit. Hopefully this version is a bit better :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutofPlacev2.png

Now onto the house...

Very neat, but just one question: Is there no living room for the housemates to gather in for nominations, evictions etc. ?

great! um.. is it just me or do i see a face in the eye? lol, i kind of find the long strip of the garden to the diary room akward, its just not relistic, overwise great job!

So these are the two quotes which made me do over the house :D [sorry for not quoting by name!]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutofPlaceHouseInteriorv2-1.png

The changes made are the following;

[list=A]
The Bedroom "Overhang/Bathroom" glass wall feature was removed, and the bedroom and bathroom are now completly different rooms
There is a pink room now added which is where housemates would gather for nominations/evictions as they can access the diary room via the entrance rather than garden. [Thanks iMatt!]
The garden was redesigned to make it more square and viscous. The pathway to the diary room is now made out of wooden planks, and also has a small garden bench area for housemates to sit alone or with other housemates on.
[/list=A]

I hope the changes are for the better :D

Matt
06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
You're welcome, the only one suggestion I could make is that you should chop off the corridor between the main entrance hallway and the diary room so you can make the grey space a camera run :thumbs:

Otherwise nice work!

telefan
06-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Love the glass toilet idea.
I've just had a really neat idea which I'll post later:colour:

Matt
06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by iMatt
You're welcome, the only one suggestion I could make is that you should chop off the corridor between the main entrance hallway and the diary room so you can make the grey space a camera run :thumbs:

Otherwise nice work!

...unless you have some sort of secret room planned...

andybigbro
06-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Excelent i really like this

Sammeth
06-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by iMatt

Otherwise nice work!

I think I'll chop off that corridor, as the secret room was planned for somewhere else :D Thanks.

And thankyou telefan for the comments :D

Matt
06-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I just thought it would be good to have at least one camera run in the bedroom :thumbs:

Ruth*Star
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
i think the glass loo idea rocks, pretty funny to see it in the house

Sammeth
06-05-2007, 04:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Sammeth/OutofPlaceHouseInteriorv3.png

The corridor to the Diary Room was removed, to leave a clear camera run for the bedroom. Which I didnt realise until iMatt pointed it out! :P

Also the secret room has been added. :colour:

Matt
06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Looking better and better!

And I love the glass loo idea, I (think) I've heard it on here before, but I think it's the first time it's been incorporated into a house design!

Cody™
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM
wow i love the new eye design. much neater. and the new house design is even better.. well done!