Siouxsie
07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Well what more can i say Its good to be in the news again:dance:

spacebandit
09-06-2007, 06:53 AM
and again next year...at relegation time :dance:

Michael
17-06-2007, 09:46 PM
i relish meeting Keano and kicking his ass.

:D

Lauren
02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
What are you all on about?
Relegation? Somehow I think not. Lets see... any Newcastle supporters on here need to buck their ideas up, it's not looking good with them this season.
I call war!

Dan_
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't see Sunderland going down to be honest, you've got money behind you and Keane seems to have a good eye for a player and the players linked so far along with the players currently at the club are good enough to stay up, probably mid-table should 3/4 of those players join.They need to improve the spine of the team.Craig Gordon from Hearts would be a brilliant signing but the most important signing is a striker.

As for Newcastle they will do much better next season I reckon.With Martins,Owen and Viduka they have three strikers well capable of getting at least 15 goals each.The defence has almost always been their problem but they've signed a good centre back in David Rozenhal and Steven Taylor's getting better with each season.The signing of Joey Barton is another good one, although he clearly has attitude problems it's not like it really effects his game and under a manager like Allerdyce he should be better.

A couple of other players likely to join are Geremi from Chelsea and Edmilson from Barcelona, both are good players and the only worry over Edmilson is a history of injury problems.

Lauren
02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Owen wasn't the best player for the mags last season, but I think this time he's got a better shot with injury out of the way.

But definitely agree with you Dan about the money situation, it's always a good addition to a team. I'm not denying a large part of Sunderland's success is down to financial changes - but I'm also with the fact that we currently have a watertight team and management.
It's going to be a great season.

Dan_
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Hopefully Owen will go injury free for a while now, he's had awful luck.

The money is of course a factor in success but so many times you've seen manager's with a lot to spend make a bunch of signings from abroad and that are unproven here and they end up being poor players but Keane seems to be getting in players he knows about, he seems to have taken to management so well.

gracie24
25-07-2007, 02:21 AM
I think Sunderland will stay up for at least another season.
Can't see them going down really.
Had plenty of money to spend over the summer.
I think Sunderland have made some over-priced purchases, but, they've been not too bad ones!