PDA

View Full Version : What made you register on this forum?

Dan_
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Some of the replies in Red's 10 questions thread got me thinking and I have a few questions:

To all members-what was it in the first place that got you to register on this forum?

To regular posters-What has made you stay around posting through all this time, whether BB is on or not?

To those who were once regular posters or those who join but have barely posted, who might be reading this-What is it that's made you become inactive and what more could be done to make you into or return to being a regular poster?

andybigbro
07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Why i Joined -I loved Bi Brother and Used tobrowe th fansits for bg brother and i came across this site and was a guest for a while bt finally plcked up the courage to join and i am glad i did

Whyi stayed - i really dont know bu i made a lot of friends on here and like to chat about things so thts why i stayed

Mike
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
To all members-what was it in the first place that got you to register on this forum?

Didn't take much to make my mind up, friendly members and some really good debating going on, it's gone downhill now because of all the arguing but i'm sure it will pick up when BB returns.

To regular posters-What has made you stay around posting through all this time, whether BB is on or not?

For me it's the majority of the members on here and the debates when BB is on.

Bells
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I felt like I had a lot to say on last year's series, and just randomly started browsing through forums. This one seemed to have the best threads and topics which I wanted to respond to, as well as cool members. So I joined.

I stuck around because of the easy to navigate system of this forum - I find it really easy and pleasant to go through. It's the only forum I've ever stuck to. I've also got to know quite a few of the members really well by staying, and I like that. Plus, generally speaking, even though there may be dry spells occasionally - there's a lot to discuss.

nodisharmony
07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
*Q* What was it in the first place that got you to register on this forum?

answer:- I was originally on another forum, Jadegoodyonline, but after it closed because of the advertisors on the websites home-page pulling out, the forum was closed down, so after much sadness, I looked at all the Big Brother and related sites and couldn't believe how good this one presented itself, so I joined immediately and the rest is now history! A great move at the right time:thumbs:

*Q* To regular posters-What has made you stay around posting through all this time, whether BB is on or not?

answer:- I love posting here and never have a wish to stop either, unless I am on holiday or something. Plus, there are some great members here and I have made some good friends and acquaintances, but sadly some I don't like also. But that is just life.

(A good topic Dan_)

nodisharmony :angel:

Sunny_01
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Was a member of the CH4 website and got banned way back when lol and was basically looking for somewhere to hang out when I used to work late nights

What Mike said - I really enjoy posting here (not at minute lol) and find the diverse range of ages, ideas etc makes for interesting debate and friendships

Matt
07-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Why I joined - I wanted to :)

Why I stayed - I like TiBB :)

Z
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
Some of the replies in Red's 10 questions thread got me thinking and I have a few questions:

To those who were once regular posters or those who join but have barely posted, who might be reading this-What is it that's made you become inactive and what more could be done to make you into or return to being a regular poster?

It was extremely active and it was a place to discuss BB!

The atmosphere turned really bad, far too many arguments and overdramatic users who love to cause a scene. I don't think it helps that everybody gets extremely wound up, so many people I think are taking advantage of the warning system in that they think "Oh well, I can get warned a couple of times before I get permanently banned."

I think more people need to be banned, like Jakeyboy was, to set an example, far too many people are taking "the law" into their own hands on TiBB. I'd come back if things were calmer, y'know?

Edited by Sunny_01 - lets try not to make this into a blame thread

BigSister
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I first joined because I wanted somewhere to talk about BB(this was in the vvv early days just before BB3).
I stayed around because i liked a lot of the members and thats why im still around even though im not very active at the moment

Emilee
07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I joined because i like BB and this forum looked like it had lots of activites and good debates and discussion. and a lot of members online at one time...

When i joined about 1 year ago after bb7 i didnt come back online. But now i rejoined i love it.... even when BB isn't on and there are a lot of really nice members who i have gotten to know really well. I enjoy chatting to you all and keeping up on the goss lol.

Ill be sticking around for a long time yet. :bigsmile:

nodisharmony
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
I first joined because I wanted somewhere to talk about BB(this was in the vvv early days just before BB3).
I stayed around because i liked a lot of the members and thats why Im still around even though Im not very active at the moment

WOW!!!!:thumbs2:

6 days & 3 months & 5 years ago you joined.

Where has all the time gone:spin2::spin2:

I bet you can't remember what time of day it was, Bigsister Ha! Ha!:laugh:

Arneldo
07-05-2007, 05:17 PM
1. I used to visit the site but when i realised there was forum, i joined. I didnt know what a forum was at the time though.

2. The people and the fun chats.

Rory
07-05-2007, 08:18 PM
1. I wanted a forum where I could discuss BB with other people.
2. I can't talk to anyone in the US about BBUK. :rolleyes:

Ruth
08-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I joined during BB6, because I wanted somewhere I could talk about the show. This seemed like a very friendly place, and the reason I have stuck around is because of most of the people on here.

Sadly, there's a small amount of members who just resort to insults when people don't share their views, and that might be why some people are put off posting. It's certainly made me think about whether I want to stick around.

lily.
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
You can't go Ruth. Who else can I discuss my infatuation with the lovely Enrique Murciano with? :wink:

Ruth
08-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh bless you Linda! Don't worry, I've tried leaving before, but I can't seem to stay away!

Ruth*Star
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I found this forum some-how on digitalspy and i joined and here i am now.

Nice people (Andy,Emilee,Chris,Soph,Ash,Markus) made me stay. and i liked this forum.

Ella
08-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Well it was the only BB forum that seemed to be busy all the time..and the people seemed nice and friendly. Plus I just liked the look of it!

The people mainly..I have made some great Friends on this forum, and wether BB is on or not I always seem to have a good laugh on here.

Dr43%er
09-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Why did I join?

To be honest it was to follow someone here I had a problem with else where. I have been asked to lay off by the mods so I have. As they are no longer posting the stuff I had a problem with there was little point in carrying on.

Why did I stay?

I met some top people.

Why do I not post as much?

Busy at work and got a bit board.

nodisharmony
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Dr43%er
Why did I join?

To be honest it was to follow someone here I had a problem with else where. I have been asked to lay off by the mods so I have. As they are no longer posting the stuff I had a problem with there was little point in carrying on.

Why did I stay?

I met some top people.

Why do I not post as much?

Busy at work and got a bit board.

When a past pupil follows a past teacher

and the past teacher becomes a pupil once again, "somewhere else", it is even nicer when the past pupil follows the past teacher and brings in a good friend to attack in a joint campaign and spread things combined.

a campaign that worked a treat for both past pupils.

Anyway, that is now in the past. (That campaign), that is...

But the thoughts and feelings of today are real and unforgiving as ever.

SiMoN!
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM

i love BB lol how sad

because is easy to use and there is the odd good person here ere

lily.
09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by SiMoN!
... and there is the odd good person here ere

Thanks Simon.. you meant me of course, didn't you.. *nods*... :laugh: