PDA

View Full Version : Political correctness going mad again!

BBUK-Fan
29-12-2017, 02:57 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5229418/james-bond-boss-007-daniel-craig-woman/

James Bond can't be a woman!

Strictly Jake
29-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Dennis the menace also is no longer allowed to be called Dennis the menace but now just Dennis and he made mistakes in the past but shouldn't be labelled for it he also now has two best friends that are girls one plays the drums the other is in a wheelchair and Walter is no longer a softie but someone who looks down on childish behaviour as they don't want to promote bullying. True story I read in the paper yesterday.

BBUK-Fan
29-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Dennis the menace also is no longer allowed to be called Dennis the menace but now just Dennis and he made mistakes in the past but shouldn't be labelled for it he also now has two best friends that are girls one plays the drums the other is in a wheelchair and Walter is no longer a softie but someone who looks down on childish behaviour as they don't want to promote bullying. True story I read in the paper yesterday.

I read that too. It's all becoming a joke

Tom4784
29-12-2017, 03:05 PM
A female James Bond is ridiculous since James being a man is an important part of the character, it's not like Doctor Who where gender ultimately doesn't matter.

The Dennis the Menace stuff is understandable, that ****'s dated as hell.

Maxxie.
29-12-2017, 03:08 PM
How is calling yourself a menace being dated as hell?

Tom4784
29-12-2017, 03:13 PM
It's the comic as a whole, it's just quite dated, it's no wonder they're modernising it since I'm guessing not many kids are that interested in it.

Withano
29-12-2017, 03:36 PM
She said: "I do like watching Doctor Who at Christmas. I think it’s a great move forward for girl power that there is going to be a female Doctor Who.
"And one day there should be a female James Bond."

How is this political correctness. Serious question. The phrase gets thrown about so often, I'm not even sure if I know what it means anymore.
This is just one person saying maybe, one day.

reece(:
29-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Again?

bitontheslide
29-12-2017, 04:40 PM
There couldn't be a female james bond for obvious reasons. There could be a female 007 which could be an interesting take on it, that i wouldn't have a problem with.

Dr Who, it doesnt matter if the doctor is male or female. Its much more important to have good story lines and quality actors

parmnion
29-12-2017, 04:46 PM
It's the comic as a whole, it's just quite dated, it's no wonder they're modernising it since I'm guessing not many kids are that interested in it.

Not as many as in the past perhaps but sales are going up.

http://downthetubes.net/?p=36598

Calderyon
29-12-2017, 04:57 PM
James Bond being a woman, yeah thatīs a definite no. It just doesnīt work.

But i wouldnīt mind a some kind of a spin-off movie or series of it with a female agent (Jane Lake or Joan Lake for example since Bond is taken) with James doing cameos in them.

Calderyon
29-12-2017, 05:00 PM
There couldn't be a female james bond for obvious reasons. There could be a female 007 which could be an interesting take on it, that i wouldn't have a problem with.

Dr Who, it doesnt matter if the doctor is male or female. Its much more important to have good story lines and quality actors

It couldnīt be 007 as thatīs reserved for Bond himself unless he gets killed in action or else. In the books (have not read any of them, wikipedia is my friend at this point) a female agent coded 004 is named Scarlett Papava.

Alf
29-12-2017, 05:17 PM
How is this political correctness. Serious question. The phrase gets thrown about so often, I'm not even sure if I know what it means anymore.
This is just one person saying maybe, one day.Why would anybody have the thought of changing the gender of a character they didn't even create?

What led this person to have these thoughts? And what's the reason for anybody to want to change another persons creation?

Withano
29-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Why would anybody have the thought of changing the gender of a character they didn't even create?

What led this person to have these thoughts? And what's the reason for anybody to want to change another persons creation?

Idk, bit hard for me to assume its political correctness though? Judging by that article, this woman doesnt seem at all pc anyway. Its just one person thinking out loud.

LeatherTrumpet
29-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Its a white man

not black, not a woman

If you want either go write a book or fck right off

Tom4784
30-12-2017, 02:39 AM
His race really isn't important though.

Gusto Brunt
30-12-2017, 11:54 AM
I am totally serious here but I'd love to see that dwarf actor out of Game of Thrones play Bond.

He'd be great. AND unique in the role.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTM1MTI5Mzc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzgzOTQz._V1_U Y1200_CR166,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg