PDA

View Full Version : Morrisons sucks - rant

Gusto Brunt
03-01-2018, 05:43 PM
:joker::joker: Sorry about this. Need to get it off me chest.:joker:

So I went to Morrisons tonight to get 6 packets of cheese muffins for £3. They're 50p each and I stick 'em in the freezer.

So I went up there to the store and the muffins shelves were all bare. So I said to the assistant, 'where's the muffins?' And he said, 'sold out'.

I said, "sold out?????? You're Morrisons, not the local corner shop.'

He said 'we're getting some more in the morning.'

I said, "well I expect you would!" I was flabbergasted.

He said, 'it's January 3rd you know...'

I said, "BIG DEAL."

Amy Jade
03-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Your fault for not going earlier :shrug:

Babayaro.
03-01-2018, 05:47 PM
What's your point? Things sell out. Things get put back in stock. Deal with it. :)

Gusto Brunt
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Major food stores shouldn't sell out. Tesco, Sainsburys and Iceland don't.

It's the job of the manager to keep all the shelves full.

You cannot defend the indefensible. ;)

Babayaro.
03-01-2018, 05:56 PM
The manager can only work with what has been delivered in the morning

RichardG
03-01-2018, 05:56 PM

what? my tesco runs out of stock all the time.

thesheriff443
03-01-2018, 05:58 PM
See you wanted six packets to freeze some, it only takes a few like your self to take six packets for them yo run out

Leaving the old dear who wanted one packet to have none

Cherie
03-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Drivers have been on holiday Gusto, have patience, normality start to resume next week

bitontheslide
03-01-2018, 06:30 PM
my asda is always going out of stock on items, its not just a christmas thing :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet
03-01-2018, 06:42 PM
brexit innit?

caprimint
03-01-2018, 07:12 PM
This annoys me too, should be kept on top of all the time

Denver
03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
If they order more then they need it will go out of date and they will loose money

Babayaro.
03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
I work at Iceland and we always sell out of stuff lol & also the manager has no control over what stock is delivered so you should take your whinging to head office instead of the frontline staff who just put and sell what is there.

pretty much this

Shaun
03-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Any idiot knows that the baked section of supermarkets is always empty after 4pm.

Jake.
03-01-2018, 08:21 PM
I work at Iceland and we always sell out of stuff lol & also the manager has no control over what stock is delivered so you should take your whinging to head office instead of the frontline staff who just put and sell what is there.

Lmao this 10000%, same thing when I used to work at burger king

rusticgal
03-01-2018, 10:43 PM
It's annoying...but it's life.

Marsh.
03-01-2018, 10:52 PM

But if they're sold out by late on one day and will have them ordered back in the following morning that is perfectly acceptable.

The shelves don't magically replenish.

If the shelves were full of baked goods at 6pm then most of it would most likely be thrown out as it goes off quickly.

Livia
04-01-2018, 10:08 AM
We wouldn't have these shortages under Corbyn.

Nancy.
05-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Oh, DON'T get me started on Morrisons.

I had my shopping delivered a fortnight ago but a lot of what arrived was substituted for Morrisons own brand because they didn't have what I ordered in stock (despite me placing my order over a week in advance). 4 different flavours of Pringles had been substituted for 4 tubs of Texas BBQ. 2 packs of bacon was substituted for 1 20 pack. 2 bottles of Pepsi subsituted for Morrisons Lemonade. (I hate lemonade). Kipling mince pies (again) substituted for Morrisons own brand. Bruised apples and manky Bananas. Squashed bread.

I complained to the driver and he took them from me and said I'd be refunded for the returned items, but they didn't. So I got on the phone to them and they said no items had been returned, so I ended up in an argument with some bitch of a manager who kept going around in circles, so I slammed the phone down and tried again the following day - to which they said the items HAD been returned and it was their mistake and said a refund would be processed. This was ages ago and i'm still waiting, so i'll be back on the phone again later.

Their delivery service is absolute ****E and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Nancy.
05-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Just been on the phone to them and a refund has now been done. It's only taken them two weeks to do it. :hmph: They weren't as slow in taking my money though. Twats. :laugh:

RileyH
05-01-2018, 07:04 PM
:joker::joker: Sorry about this. Need to get it off me chest.:joker:

So I went to Morrisons tonight to get 6 packets of cheese muffins for £3. They're 50p each and I stick 'em in the freezer.

So I went up there to the store and the muffins shelves were all bare. So I said to the assistant, 'where's the muffins?' And he said, 'sold out'.

I said, "sold out?????? You're Morrisons, not the local corner shop.'

He said 'we're getting some more in the morning.'

I said, "well I expect you would!" I was flabbergasted.

He said, 'it's January 3rd you know...'

I said, "BIG DEAL."

cheese muffins sound rank anyway

waterhog
08-01-2018, 07:40 AM
the brunt was puffin
cheeks going in with ease
6pm and feels like some muffin
never tried one with cheese.
your fetish is strange
do you like clean or mouldy
open to all muffin and the range
not worried if young or a real oldie.
you got to stop
I am going to be blunt
my muffin has a cherry on top
so what do you say my darling brunt ?

Toy Soldier
08-01-2018, 09:05 AM
4 different flavours of Pringles had been substituted for 4 tubs of Texas BBQ.

:joker: :joker:

By far the best part of this rant.

caprimint
08-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Texas bbq pringles are amazing though

Nancy.
09-01-2018, 11:03 PM
:joker: :joker:

By far the best part of this rant.

:joker:

Marsh.
09-01-2018, 11:10 PM
a lot of what arrived was substituted for Morrisons own brand because they didn't have what I ordered in stock

This is a lie. Especially when they substitute for something that's similar but not the same.

It's the teenagers they have on minimum wage going around the store to pack the online orders who can't be arsed walking back to the other end of the shop.

michael21
09-01-2018, 11:53 PM
Texas bbq Pringles are amazing though

By far the best of the Pringles family :cheer2:

Jase.
10-01-2018, 12:30 AM

I had my shopping delivered a fortnight ago but a lot of what arrived was substituted for Morrisons own brand because they didn't have what I ordered in stock (despite me placing my order over a week in advance). 4 different flavours of Pringles had been substituted for 4 tubs of Texas BBQ. 2 packs of bacon was substituted for 1 20 pack. 2 bottles of Pepsi subsituted for Morrisons Lemonade. (I hate lemonade). Kipling mince pies (again) substituted for Morrisons own brand. Bruised apples and manky Bananas. Squashed bread.

I complained to the driver and he took them from me and said I'd be refunded for the returned items, but they didn't. So I got on the phone to them and they said no items had been returned, so I ended up in an argument with some bitch of a manager who kept going around in circles, so I slammed the phone down and tried again the following day - to which they said the items HAD been returned and it was their mistake and said a refund would be processed. This was ages ago and i'm still waiting, so i'll be back on the phone again later.

Their delivery service is absolute ****E and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Karma!

Jase.
10-01-2018, 12:32 AM
What kind of weirdo doesn't like texas bbq pringles?

_baileys_
10-01-2018, 05:03 AM

If you don't want substitutes simply untick 'substitute items' at checkout :shrug:

Vicky.
10-01-2018, 02:51 PM
I think he meant it was a lie that they did not have anything else in stock. Thats how it read to me anyway :S

Like, calling the people picking the orders liars, not you

I had a right pisstakey one once. A few years back. ASDA. Had ordered a pregnancy test and they sent me ****ing tampons. Also ASDA after having my daughter, I ordered one of those huge boxes of nappies as they were on special for 12 quid. I think it was about 100 nappies. They tried sending me 2 20 packs and charging me 12 quid for them! Cheeky ****ers.

Most recently, tesco substituted carrots for oranges.

Morrisons doesn't deliver here. Possibly a good thing

Nancy.
10-01-2018, 03:18 PM
I think he meant it was a lie that they did not have anything else in stock. Thats how it read to me anyway :S

Like, calling the people picking the orders liars, not you

I had a right pisstakey one once. A few years back. ASDA. Had ordered a pregnancy test and they sent me ****ing tampons. Also ASDA after having my daughter, I ordered one of those huge boxes of nappies as they were on special for 12 quid. I think it was about 100 nappies. They tried sending me 2 20 packs and charging me 12 quid for them! Cheeky ****ers.

Most recently, tesco substituted carrots for oranges.

Morrisons doesn't deliver here. Possibly a good thing

:joker::joker::joker:

This had me in stiches, Vicky. :laugh: