PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as an “eat around syndrome” ?

Gstar
26-01-2018, 01:38 PM
From as early as I can remember I’ve eaten things like chocolate and biscuits exactly the same, eating around them/taking apart

The only variation is how easy it is :worry: oh and I don’t seem to have this problem with savoury food

Chocolate - Twix is my favourite and I basically take it apart so only the biscuit is left, I do it with bounty (being left with the coconut), kit kat (wafer), even milky way! Taking away the outside and saving the middle for last

Biscuits - Jammy dodgers for instance (yes I know), eating around the outside and saving the jammy middle bit, same with custard creams - taking them apart and eating the dry side then eating AROUND the cream side before eating the cream bit itself. As for jaffa cakes... I know I’m not the only one!

I wonder if it’s something psychological like self deprivation or something :worry: because you’re technically suffering to reach the part you like most.
I really hope I’m not the only one, it would be so embarrassing :laugh:

I’ve made it sound a bit like I live on chocolate and biscuits (I don’t)

Ashley.
26-01-2018, 01:42 PM
It's probably just something you picked up when you were younger, as though you're trying to make the biscuit last longer. :laugh: I don't think you need to worry too deeply about it...

Niamh.
26-01-2018, 01:45 PM
I only do it with Twix and Kit Kats

caprimint
26-01-2018, 01:56 PM
I do it with everything as well tbh

Vicky.
26-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Always have done this with biscuits tbh

Jaffa cakes is the worst because I have to nibble the biscuit bit off around the sides, then peel the orange stuff away and keep it til last :laugh: I always feel ridiculous but its almost instinct to do it this way

AnnieK
26-01-2018, 02:11 PM
I do it too :laugh:

Daniel.
26-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Twixes are one of the worst chocolates

Gstar
26-01-2018, 02:51 PM
I’m glad I’m not the only one :laugh: you’re right Vicky it is almost instinct

Toy Soldier
26-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Do it with a Mars Bar and then at the end stuff the whole middle bit into your face at once. Do it with two at once. Go on. Do it. You know you want to. You know how right this feels.

LeatherTrumpet
26-01-2018, 04:00 PM
You need a clip round the ear is what you need

smudgie
26-01-2018, 04:45 PM
It's quite normal, and I can testify that it's not something you grow out of.:laugh: