PDA

View Full Version : Do you still have possessions from your childhood?

Babayaro.
31-01-2018, 12:59 PM
If so, what? :)

I have absolutely nothing from mine which is quite sad :( Wish I hadn't got rid of my wrestling figures

montblanc
31-01-2018, 01:00 PM
i have a lot of things but the most notable thing is my giant stuffed giraffe named Melty :love:

Niamh.
31-01-2018, 01:01 PM
I have a blue teddy bear called Billy that I got when I was 7, my son sleeps with him now though

Vicky.
31-01-2018, 01:01 PM
No. I did have a cuddly elephant that I had had since being a week old...but when I moved to Greece I managed to lose it :( I was devastated for weeks and weeks tbh. I still suspect my roommate put it in the bin. Twat

AnnieK
31-01-2018, 01:06 PM
I have a bear that I've had since I was born. He's seen better days but I couldn't bear to part with him.

I also have a Barbie doll that my dad promised me after I had a bad accident (split my head open after running into a roped off fence and it threw me backwards splitting my head open on the path). I was due to dance in a show and was refusing to do but my dad said he would buy me the Barbie if I did. I finally got that Barbie on my 30th birthday (it had become a family joke by then) so not really from my childhood but sort of

Babayaro.
31-01-2018, 01:13 PM
I DID have a Simpson's glass until last year when my step sister decided to use it to dispose of her cigarettes when going for a smoke outside. :notimpressed:

Kazanne
31-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I have a teddy that my nan gave me when I was 7,his name is Teddy Edward and I would me mortified if I lost him.

smudgie
31-01-2018, 02:06 PM
I have a silver looking horseshoe charm with my name on that I discovered at my nana's house when she died, must have left it there as a very young child before we went to Africa.
I have a retro necklace my sister bought me for Xmas 1973, says "I love you" on it.

Cal.
31-01-2018, 02:42 PM
A Stitch teddy and pillow from Lilo and Stitch

My mam and dad brought them for me on their one year wedding anniversary trip and I’d never part with them

Alf
31-01-2018, 02:47 PM
If so, what? :)

I have absolutely nothing from mine which is quite sad :( Wish I hadn't got rid of my wrestling figuresCraving a rumble are yeh?

Alf
31-01-2018, 02:52 PM
I have two Charles and Diana wedding mugs if anyones interested in buying?

Vicky.
31-01-2018, 02:53 PM
My husband has wrestling figures in our bedroom :bored: Occasionally he will let the kids play with them but he watches them like a hawk.

Cherie
31-01-2018, 02:55 PM
I have a bunny holding an eggcup eggcup that had a mini Easter egg in it that my grandmother bought for me when I was about 10

Alf
31-01-2018, 03:15 PM
I have a bunny holding an eggcup eggcup that had a mini Easter egg in it that my grandmother bought for me when I was about 10You've just reminded me of my Rupert the bear egg cup.

Marsh.
31-01-2018, 04:17 PM
I didn't think I had anything but my mum has a box in the attic with some stuff we all had when we're kids.

Cherie
31-01-2018, 04:28 PM
You've just reminded me of my Rupert the bear egg cup.

probably worth a fortune at our age :laugh:

AnnieK
31-01-2018, 04:36 PM
I have a bunny holding an eggcup eggcup that had a mini Easter egg in it that my grandmother bought for me when I was about 10

I have a Peter Rabbit plate cup and bowl too that i was bought for my christening. Never been used, my mum just put in her display cupboard

caprimint
31-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Got most of my old toys I think

Cherie
31-01-2018, 05:35 PM
I have a Peter Rabbit plate cup and bowl too that i was bought for my christening. Never been used, my mum just put in her display cupboard

Aw that’s lovely

Does anyone watch Dickensons Real Deal I am a bit addicted :laugh: can’t believe the amount of people who flog stuff that has been handed down from their grannies for peanuts...a woman on the show yesterday sold her grandmothers and mothers wedding bands and engament rings for 300.00 for a treat for herself and her mates :skull:

bitontheslide
31-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Aw that’s lovely

Does anyone watch Dickensons Real Deal I am a bit addicted :laugh: can’t believe the amount of people who flog stuff that has been handed down from their grannies for peanuts...a woman on the show yesterday sold her grandmothers and mothers wedding bands and engament rings for 300.00 for a treat for herself and her mates :skull:

when you have to clear a house of a parent, its dreadful, but unless you have loads of free space, its impossible to take everything. Most of the stuff that appears in auctions appears from those sources, it makes me quite sad

Brother Leon
31-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Yeah. Toys,Comics,Games.

Shaun
31-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Have a couple of teddy bears:
- One given to me by my older brother, with an old Arsenal crest on it
- One I won on holiday at a fairground game (the only time I've ever won :laugh:), is a Coca-Cola polar bear

I don't have any toys left... but definitely a handful of N64 games lying around in cupboard drawers somewhere.

Gusto Brunt
01-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Yes I do. But I find them a bit depressing as both my mother and father are dead.

So once where there were happy memories are tinged with heavy sadness of something and two people I dearly loved, gone. :(

waterhog
01-02-2018, 10:38 AM
best thing from childhood are memories ? but never forget to be making memories as this job never ends. no matter how old you get.

Cherie
01-02-2018, 11:19 AM
when you have to clear a house of a parent, its dreadful, but unless you have loads of free space, its impossible to take everything. Most of the stuff that appears in auctions appears from those sources, it makes me quite sad

I understand that but wedding rings and engagement rings are so personal and easily worn both any family members , and another guy came in with a silver teaset that was presented to his grandfather for his service in the police force, it was engraved with his grandfathers name, stuff like that is so personal I just don't know how people can part with them and usually for minimal amounts that aren't really going to change their life's

A man came in with a friends ring that her now deceased husband had made for her it was a 9 and a half carat diamond it fetched 47,000 at auction, now that I can understand!

Livia
01-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Lots of stuff really. But my favourite is a little doll, about six inches tall that was my Mum's when she was a little girl. Her name's Blondalee because apparently I couldn't say blonde dolly when I was little. She's quite battered now, but I had a little dress and wings made for her and she's my fairy on the top of my Christmas tree every year.

DemolitionRed
01-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Snap! though I'm not sure who bought it for me.

I've also got a little wooden horse that my grandfather calved for me and a musical box with a dancing ballerina that my grandmother gave me.

Garfie
04-02-2018, 03:16 AM
Yes I do. But I find them a bit depressing as both my mother and father are dead.

So once where there were happy memories are tinged with heavy sadness of something and two people I dearly loved, gone. :(

:hug:

TwentyOneThrones
04-02-2018, 03:32 AM
I have a teddybear named Bingo Bear that's been in our family for decades. Originally was given to my nan from my great nan and then my nan gave it to my mum when she was born and then my mum gave it to me when I was born, so I am assuming I'll stick with tradition and give it to my first child when they arrive

bitontheslide
04-02-2018, 06:55 AM
i have enough crap without keeping anything from my childhood

LeatherTrumpet
04-02-2018, 07:41 AM
books and diaries and a memory box with a whole raft of tickets, footy stuff etc

LemonJam
04-02-2018, 08:37 AM
nah sold it all for pot.

Cherie
04-02-2018, 09:20 AM
I have a teddybear named Bingo Bear that's been in our family for decades. Originally was given to my nan from my great nan and then my nan gave it to my mum when she was born and then my mum gave it to me when I was born, so I am assuming I'll stick with tradition and give it to my first child when they arrive

:love:

Gstar
04-02-2018, 10:45 AM
A teddy bear called Tyrese who I sleep with every night