PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia

Wizard.
25-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Lady GaGa had to cancel her tour due to Fibromyalgia, which is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. As well as widespread pain, people with fibromyalgia may also have: increased sensitivity to pain. fatigue (extreme tiredness) muscle stiffness. My mum has been diagnosed with it, but it's a very difficult thing to diagnose because it's just a combinations of symptoms which have no known root cause.

I think I have it acutely and will get worse when I get older? Anyone else think they could have it? I suffer from chronic fatigue, but it comes about in bouts so like two years ago I had to stay in bed for days because I got so tired, but now I'm okay. Other symptoms are:

increased sensitivity to pain
fatigue (extreme tiredness)
muscle stiffness
difficulty sleeping
problems with mental processes (known as "fibro-fog") – such as problems with memory and concentration
headaches
irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) – a digestive condition that causes stomach pain and bloating

What causes fibromyalgia?
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is unknown, but it's thought to be related to abnormal levels of certain chemicals in the brain and changes in the way the central nervous system (brain, spinal cord and nerves) processes pain messages carried around the body.

It's also suggested that some people are more likely to develop fibromyalgia because of genes inherited from their parents.

In many cases, the condition appears to be triggered by a physically or emotionally stressful event, such as:

an injury or infection
giving birth
having an operation
the breakdown of a relationship
the death of a loved one

I definitely struggle with the brain fog quite frequently, completely forgetting things people have just old me, or struggling to think of what to say, and then sometimes I'm as sharp as nails!

Wizard.
25-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Well I have this or Chronic Fatigue, either way the symptoms seem to be pretty much the same?

AnnieK
25-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Fibro is an awful debilitating condition and is normally diagnosed when the docs run out of options on what is wrong. A lady I know has it and it has massively impacted on her life.

parmnion
25-02-2018, 05:32 PM
My partnet has fibro, im as sympathetic as i can be...and as understanding as she wants me to be.

Smithy
25-02-2018, 06:08 PM
It sounds like such a debilitating condition, I guess the only silver lining about Gaga having it is raising awareness of it.

Toy Soldier
25-02-2018, 08:07 PM
It's very poorly understood by medicine... if I'm being 100% honest, I think this (alongside ME/CFS) is essentially a catch-all term used to describe the physical symptoms of chronic / ongoing anxiety and depression disorders. Certainly, all of the listed symptoms are common anxiety issues, and people vastly underestimate the physical impact of these conditions over long timescales.

Vicky.
26-02-2018, 03:27 PM
I genuinely think this is what I have, but my GP tells me its not a real illness :umm2:

So I am just diagnosed with 'chronic pain' but they know I have fatigue, stiff joined, foggy memory/little memory, and such

LeatherTrumpet
26-02-2018, 03:36 PM
sounds like the perfect unknown illness to cancel a tour...

:skull:

Marsh.
26-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Yes, because when you're Lady Gaga you need an excuse not to do a tour.

As opposed to not doing one to begin with.

LeatherTrumpet
26-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Yes, because when you're Lady Gaga you need an excuse not to do a tour.

As opposed to not doing one to begin with.

legally you do for refunds etc

Marsh.
26-02-2018, 04:19 PM
legally you do for refunds etc

No, you misunderstand.

If she couldn't be arsed with a tour, she doesn't need an excuse to cancel one shortly before it ends, she could have not done one at all. No refunds required.

You don't need an excuse anyway. Remember the Spice Girls "big comeback" in 2007. Cancelled the tour halfway through because they'd made enough money and couldn't be bothered with the rest. Just refunded everyone, no excuses needed.

LeatherTrumpet
26-02-2018, 04:20 PM
I hope her attitude improves when she retires to Vegas or she could find herself washed up and jobless as they wont stand for slackers or sicknotes in Las Vegas

Marsh.
26-02-2018, 04:21 PM
She's the boss of everything she does so no. :hee:

LeatherTrumpet
26-02-2018, 04:29 PM
She's the boss of everything she does so no. :hee:

Her decline has been rapid

:worry:

Marsh.
26-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Her decline has been rapid

:worry:

Number 1 album, sellout tour, Grammy's, movies, documentaries, critically acclaimed Super Bowl performance, Vegas residency.

That decline is severe.

LeatherTrumpet
26-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Number 1 album, sellout tour, Grammy's, movies, documentaries, critically acclaimed Super Bowl performance, Vegas residency.

That decline is severe.

yes she was good back in the day but sadly now she has been left behind and now this failing health and playing in the gambling desert to crowds of drunk men is humilating

Smithy
26-02-2018, 05:09 PM
any particular reason you’ve gone completely off topic this time LT? Or just you’re standard baiting for an argument? :idc:

Marsh.
26-02-2018, 05:10 PM
I think he's just a really big fan and was disappointed he missed the opportunity to see his Kween.

Ross.
26-02-2018, 05:30 PM
yes she was good back in the day but sadly now she has been left behind and now this failing health and playing in the gambling desert to crowds of drunk men is humilating

All of that happened within the past two years tho

Maru
26-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Yes I know it. I used to suffer with it before I found a treatment that resolved the cause. You are the scourge of the earth if you're diagnosed with this label and you want to avoid it if at all possible... as LT has unfortunately so clearly demonstrated :smug:

sounds like the perfect unknown illness to cancel a tour...

:skull: