PDA

View Full Version : Teacher bans children from throwing snowballs and even touching snow

Tozzie
27-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Personally I find this pathetic, they are taking away the fun element of snow from children. Interested to see others views on it. Discuss

Smithy
27-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Pathetic

Shaun
27-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Not a lot to discuss without an actual article.

Jordan.
27-02-2018, 07:10 PM
When I was at school we would have an area of playground where snowball fights were allowed, which I thought was fair enough.

Tozzie
27-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Not a lot to discuss without an actual article.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/27/schoolchildren-banned-even-touching-snow-headteacher-accused/

Jodie.
27-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Ew my school had “wet lunch” today so we couldn’t even go out in the snow ughhhh

Alf
27-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Fascists

AnnieK
27-02-2018, 09:45 PM
My sons school let them play out at lunch but snowballs were banned. I kind of agree to be fair, a hundred kids pelting each other with snowballs is a recipe for disaster.....we had a snowball fight when I got home from work.

Ammi
28-02-2018, 06:23 AM
..’if you don’t touch the snow, you’re not going to throw it’ sounds extreme, to ban from touching...but I don’t personally know of any school which would allow the throwing of snowballs, for obvious reasons of them possibly having some stones or grit in them which could cause serious injury...

bitontheslide
28-02-2018, 06:38 AM
..’if you don’t touch the snow, you’re not going to throw it’ sounds extreme, to ban from touching...but I don’t personally know of any school which would allow the throwing of snowballs, for obvious reasons of them possibly having some stones or grit in them which could cause serious injury...

the risk of stones in the snow is exactly the reason. Throwing snowballs was banned when i was at school a LONG time ago, so this isn't a new thing

Ammi
28-02-2018, 06:46 AM
the risk of stones in the snow is exactly the reason. Throwing snowballs was banned when i was at school a LONG time ago, so this isn't a new thing

...there may have been some specific incidents of throwing when the children../..a child said they were only touching the snow..(..and it slipped out of their hand in a forward throwing direction..:laugh:...)...which would explain ‘no touching at all, don’t even go there’ a bit more because that sounds extreme I have to say...