PDA

View Full Version : Beast From The East

Matthew.
28-02-2018, 11:59 AM
All schools closed in Glasgow apparently so I’m off work
are you?

Underscore
28-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Yep but from school lol. Second day in a row!

Matthew.
28-02-2018, 12:04 PM
the school I teach/assist at is obviously shut but one Chemistry class i help with, the actual teacher is giving them homework to do for tomorrow when they don’t even have Chemistry today! dickhead i’d be bloody raging if i was them

Niamh.
28-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Yep 🤠

Toy Soldier
28-02-2018, 01:30 PM
I'm on 2 weeks holiday anyway... if I wasn't, I wouldn't be off work. They literally do not give a teeny, tiny **** about the safety or wellbeing of their employees. I actually had a stand-up argument with our Area Manager last month because he came on a rant about me closing the shop 2 hours early one night... when there was a foot of snow on the ground, hadn't seen a living soul in over an hour, and was starting to worry about being able to get home. "Under no circumstances should the shop be closed early!!" is the company policy. :facepalm:

parmnion
28-02-2018, 02:30 PM
I'm on 2 weeks holiday anyway... if I wasn't, I wouldn't be off work. They literally do not give a teeny, tiny **** about the safety or wellbeing of their employees. I actually had a stand-up argument with our Area Manager last month because he came on a rant about me closing the shop 2 hours early one night... when there was a foot of snow on the ground, hadn't seen a living soul in over an hour, and was starting to worry about being able to get home. "Under no circumstances should the shop be closed early!!" is the company policy. :facepalm:

My local william hills in essex closed.....a mere fuffing of snow.

AnnieK
28-02-2018, 02:40 PM
I'm in work and most schools are open round here - we've got off pretty lightly though so would have been surprised if they were closed. I had a few temps call in yesterday to say they weren't going in work as the buses were disrupted but all ok today

LeatherTrumpet
28-02-2018, 02:44 PM
all schools off tomorrow as well here

Smithy
28-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Fingers crossed for work being cancelled tomorrow!