PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met a celebrity/RTV star?

Morgan.
07-03-2018, 06:01 PM
What were your thoughts; positive, negative? Did you're opinions change on them?

Morgan.
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM
So obviously I met Y.O.U.N.G on Thursday which was the best night of my life and my experience was extremely positive. They took the time to take us to the pub and buy us drinks, they watched support acts with us etc and in total we probably spent around 2h 45mins with them! And since they've interacted with me on social media, and they've 'hired me' as a social media admin which allows me free access to shows, radio sessions and freebies so that was a great experience.

Morgan.
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM
I also met Carl King from Emmerdale when I was, maybe 13, as he opened our Local Poundland and I was last in the line apto grt a photo and chat yet he was still enthusiastic and took the time to engage with me.

Kazanne
07-03-2018, 06:13 PM
I met Gerard Butler at the premier of Phantom of the Opera in London,he was very funny,and not afraid to have the banter with fans,we had a great night,lovely,lovely man,Got his autograph and some pix ,so was well pleased,I have met a few celebs in my time,Midge Ure I met several times as mom is a big fan,he is also very nice and friendly,he did some cartoon drawings for mom,and we were invited to an afterparty,which was nice,also Glen Campbell as mom also was a fan but I loved his music too as I was brought up listening to it along with Ultravox, the only one I wasn't keen on was Jesy from Little Mix ,found her to be rather rude and big headed.

Oliver_W
07-03-2018, 07:00 PM
I've net a few bands after gigs, by hanging around at the stage door after they finished. I like to get my tickets signed <3

I once gave a can of coke to a couple of One Direction, but it was nothing to do with the above haha.

When my friend was on a quiz thing on BBLB I was in the audience, and I was sat next to Freddy from Skins. In the quiz players greenroom one of the other players was a rubbish XFactor auditionee, who tried at least three times!

I've met quite a few members of the Question Jury, which is a quiz show with reality elements.

montblanc
07-03-2018, 07:01 PM
i met Queen Latifah in 2009 at six flags :skull:

LukeB
07-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Gary Barlow,Kelly Rowland,Tulisa,Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell.

I still dislike Tulisa and like the others so no

y.winter
07-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Rylan was really nice

_Tom_
07-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I met Jackie Travers from BB14 when I toured the BB house in 2013 when it was opened up by the National Trust, spoke to her for a bit, lovely chick!

Philip from Apprentice S5 did a presentation at my uni (2011) and I got to speak to him afterwards. He told us a lot of behind the scenes goss!

I've also met Andi Osho backstage after seeing her comedy show (2012).

reece(:
07-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Scotty T in t'club

Tozzie
07-03-2018, 07:23 PM
I've never met anyone famous

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 07:23 PM
I’ve got a list somewhere :joker:

Morgan.
07-03-2018, 07:29 PM
In terms of interactions but not meetings, then I have had a shouting conversation with GaGa (we couldn't hear each other in the theatre so shouted and it ended in my getting a piccy of her looking at me) and I have stood next to Brad from The Vamps.

I'm sure I walked past Bear the other week too but I think it was just someone who looked like him as his insta showed him on a beach that morning and I live in The Midlands :joker:

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Once almost fell into Amy Childs, before dancing to snoop dogg with her :joker:

Interviewed Stephanie Davis before and she wouldn’t stop talking :joker:

Babayaro.
07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
I pulled Cliff Richard

Alf
07-03-2018, 08:22 PM
I pulled Cliff RichardCongratulations

Oliver_W
07-03-2018, 08:30 PM
I pulled Cliff Richard

I thought he was found not guilty?

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Congratulations

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

TwentyOneThrones
07-03-2018, 08:48 PM
So obviously I met Y.O.U.N.G on Thursday which was the best night of my life and my experience was extremely positive. They took the time to take us to the pub and buy us drinks, they watched support acts with us etc and in total we probably spent around 2h 45mins with them! And since they've interacted with me on social media, and they've 'hired me' as a social media admin which allows me free access to shows, radio sessions and freebies so that was a great experience.
No mention of me being there too :joker: ok but best night of my lifeeee...minus the night I met Macklemore...although he didn't take me out to the pub for drinks so I guess Thursday was the best night of my life idk

TwentyOneThrones
07-03-2018, 08:52 PM
I've met a lot of Wrestling Icons aswell, and good ol' Martin (Clunes) and was friendly with Kieran Alleyne formerly of 5AM for a month after we were put together on a team for a footy charity tournament

LaLaLand
07-03-2018, 08:52 PM
I've met quite a few but Alan Carr was the best. Just so funny and "warm".

Catherine Tate was brilliant too, and Mick Foley (famous wrestler).

Alison Steadman was a bit of a snob and Tracey Barlow from Corrie seemed really arsey.

TwentyOneThrones
07-03-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm friends with Catrina, Hugh and Joe of the Pink Windmill Kids (they became a popular meme last year idk if anyone knows them)

Oliver_W
07-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Oh I totally forgot, at my local comiccon ripoff there was: Ianto from Torchwood, Noel's brother from Mighty Boosh, the main guy from Primeval, the girl from Primeval who was in Steps, and Bib Fortuna's voice from Star Wars.

I feel bad for forgetting as they were all really nice and chatty.

AnnieK
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
I've met a few corrie folk in Manchester on nights out, one of my brothers close friends is Chesney Hawkes and Rob Greene (premier league and england goalkeeper). I used to hang around with Lisa Riley before she was famous and catherine tyldesley used to work for my company when she was in between acting jobs.

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm friends with Catrina, Hugh and Joe of the Pink Windmill Kids (they became a popular meme last year idk if anyone knows them)

The only reason I speak to you

montblanc
07-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Once almost fell into Amy Childs, before dancing to snoop dogg with her :joker:

i'm well gel i love ha

JerseyWins
07-03-2018, 09:15 PM
I've never mentioned this but I kinda met Tyson Apostol from Survivor like a year+ ago not long after watching him on Survivor. :joker: It was in Atlantic City while playing a live poker tournament. (didn't know he played poker lol and it felt pretty surreal since I had watched him not that many months before on his seasons)

I was playing at the same table as him for a little bit but I didn't personally talk to him that much as the setting just didn't feel right but in hindsight I should have. No one brought up Survivor (idk if anyone at the table knew who he was and I wasn't gonna be the one mentioning I saw him on Survivor either lol). I thought about it but after I didn't mention it right away I said screw it. :joker: He seemed like a pretty cool funny guy and it kinda changed my opinion on him a bit post Survivor-watch (aside from his character growing on me in general as well).

Another note, Kevin Martin from BBCAN also happened to be at the event (idk what he was doing in New Jersey but he was there with PILI I think) but I only saw him/them from a distance at the end of the day while I was leaving. So I didn't really even get to see what he was like or anything in person.

Other than that I've simply seen a few celebrities around but from a distance, and even then not many.

JerseyWins
07-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Oh and now I just remembered I did meet Bray Wyatt and a few other (irrelevant tbh) wrestlers in this fan signing thing the day before I went to WM29 :clap1:

Bray Wyatt was literally just going through his gimmick change at the time and was not known yet. :joker: But also seemed like a really cool guy.

LaLaLand
07-03-2018, 09:19 PM
OH [not me but funny] a friend of mine's claim to fame is that she punched Jodie Marsh (she's originally from Essex). They had a fight outside a club because Jodie pushed her friend out of her way LOL. This was years ago when Jodie was on Essex Wives/starting to get "famous".

-Sue-
07-03-2018, 09:47 PM
I once met frankie johnson junior (disco dancing champion) in C&A many many MANY years ago lol i have his autograph somewhere lol
This is him
eDIAUu9unWY

andybigbro
07-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Tinie Tempah
Fuse ODG
Charlotte Crosby
Gaz Beadle

All very nice

Eddie.
07-03-2018, 10:06 PM
I met (the irrelevant) Charli XCX around a year and a half ago, she was performing at an awards show and I was sitting in the first few rows...but was not a fan of her.

I've also met some celebrities from where I live...

I may have had unknown encounters with internationally well-known celebrities though...

Eddie.
07-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Oh I was at Knott's Berry at LA and I met Usher from a distance...

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 10:08 PM
I've met The Vamps multiple times, absolutely lovely, I rode the tube with James from The Vamps two weeks ago whilst we both went to the vamps gig for War Child haha

Anita Dobson fangirled over my Disney phone case, Anita was probably the nicest celebrity I've ever met. (as did Chizzy)

I've met Myleene Klass a few times too and shes lovely, wasn't a fan beforehand, but she was honestly the loveliest.

BB wise I've met Amy Childs, Keith Duffy, Saira Khan, Ben Duncan, Nadia Sawalha, Katie Price, Emma Willis, I've interviewed Cami Li, Patsy Kensit, Kavana, all the BB16 finalists, Jale, Keeva and Ife.

Also met Cheryl, Emma Bunton, Alesha Dixon, Mel C, Mel B, Ashley Roberts, Kimberly Wyatt, Ant McPartlin, Phillip Schofield, Judge Rinder, Stacey Solomon, Andrea McLean, Jade Jones (Damage guy, not the athlete), Madge from Benidorm, Aunt Mabel from Come Outisde, Craig Charles, Freddie Flintoff, Vicky Pattison, Sinitta, Caroline Flack, Linda Robson, Nick Grimshaw, Craig Daid, Labrinth, Charli XCX, Years and Years, Larry Lamb, Rocky Lynch, New Hope Club, Matt Richardson, Jorgie Porter, Anna Shaffer, David Morgan, Rowetta, John Thomson, Jason Manford, Misha B, Lawson, Eddie Izzard, Lucy Meck, Marc Almond, Shakin Stevens, Stephen Mulhern and a few others

A handful of YouTubers too (Jack Maynard, Caspar Lee, Dan and Phil, Niki and Sammy, Callux, Josh Pieters, Jim Chapman)

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 10:08 PM
I met (the irrelevant) Charli XCX around a year and a half ago, she was performing at an awards show and I was sitting in the first few rows...but was not a fan of her.

I've also met some celebrities from where I live...

I may have had unknown encounters with internationally well-known celebrities though...

Charli XCX seemed quite arrogant haha

Ant.
07-03-2018, 10:20 PM
my mum is cheryl cole

Babayaro.
07-03-2018, 10:21 PM
I've met The Vamps multiple times, absolutely lovely, I rode the tube with James from The Vamps two weeks ago whilst we both went to the vamps gig for War Child haha

Anita Dobson fangirled over my Disney phone case, Anita was probably the nicest celebrity I've ever met. (as did Chizzy)

I've met Myleene Klass a few times too and shes lovely, wasn't a fan beforehand, but she was honestly the loveliest.

BB wise I've met Amy Childs, Keith Duffy, Saira Khan, Ben Duncan, Nadia Sawalha, Katie Price, Emma Willis, I've interviewed Cami Li, Patsy Kensit, Kavana, all the BB16 finalists, Jale, Keeva and Ife.

Also met Cheryl, Emma Bunton, Alesha Dixon, Mel C, Mel B, Ashley Roberts, Kimberly Wyatt, Ant McPartlin, Phillip Schofield, Judge Rinder, Stacey Solomon, Andrea McLean, Jade Jones (Damage guy, not the athlete), Madge from Benidorm, Aunt Mabel from Come Outisde, Craig Charles, Freddie Flintoff, Vicky Pattison, Sinitta, Caroline Flack, Linda Robson, Nick Grimshaw, Craig Daid, Labrinth, Charli XCX, Years and Years, Larry Lamb, Rocky Lynch, New Hope Club, Matt Richardson, Jorgie Porter, Anna Shaffer, David Morgan, Rowetta, John Thomson, Jason Manford, Misha B, Lawson, Eddie Izzard, Lucy Meck, Marc Almond, Shakin Stevens, Stephen Mulhern and a few others

A handful of YouTubers too (Jack Maynard, Caspar Lee, Dan and Phil, Niki and Sammy, Callux, Josh Pieters, Jim Chapman)
Is it hot in Elevenerife?

montblanc
07-03-2018, 10:44 PM

mess you're famous enough for CBB22

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Is it hot in Elevenerife?
Its a hobby :joker:
mess you're famous enough for CBB22

I'm too famous dear.

Lostie!
07-03-2018, 10:55 PM

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/7b/Stalker2014.jpg/300px-Stalker2014.jpg

Mitchell
07-03-2018, 10:56 PM

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

You're next on my list

montblanc
07-03-2018, 10:57 PM
I'm too famous dear.

drag them!

Denver
07-03-2018, 11:02 PM

No mention of me being there too :joker: ok but best night of my lifeeee...minus the night I met Macklemore...although he didn't take me out to the pub for drinks so I guess Thursday was the best night of my life idk
Not them plying underage kids with alcohol, Yewtree have been informed

Babayaro.
07-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Yeah, that's a bit weird ngl ^

Denver
07-03-2018, 11:13 PM
No wonder they chose the name

Ant.
07-03-2018, 11:51 PM

Morgan clarified in the chat thread that the drinks were Coca-Cola (I believe? He at least cleared up the fact they weren't alcoholic)

Ant.
07-03-2018, 11:51 PM

:joker:

Ant.
07-03-2018, 11:54 PM

:o and I was impressed by the James on the train story!!!

When did you meet Dan and Phil? I met them on a school trip and we got a picture with them :love: we also met jack and Dean

That's it though :bawling: you live such an exciting life

RileyH
07-03-2018, 11:56 PM

:laugh2:

Ross.
08-03-2018, 12:00 AM

:joker::joker:

Barry.
08-03-2018, 12:06 AM
Lorraine Kelly, lovely lady.

Gstar
08-03-2018, 12:44 AM
When I was about 17 I was out shopping (Bristol) and noticed there were loads of people gathering for an event but didn’t take any notice. When I came out of one of the shops I was told to step to the side because Prince Charles is approaching, I was like wtf and then before you know it he comes straight up to me, shook my hand and whispered in my ear (I didn’t hear what he said because there were so many people). As soon as he walked off some woman from the media with a notebook came straight up to me asking me what he said. I can’t even remember, it was so random because all I wanted to do was go shopping in peace :laugh:

Mitchell
08-03-2018, 01:02 AM
:o and I was impressed by the James on the train story!!!

When did you meet Dan and Phil? I met them on a school trip and we got a picture with them :love: we also met jack and Dean

That's it though :bawling: you live such an exciting life

Dan and Phil were at Brit awards red carpet

Mystic Mock
08-03-2018, 01:03 AM
No, the closest I've ever come is speaking to Raph on here.:laugh:

LukeB
08-03-2018, 01:04 AM
I also met Angela Griffin. She was so lovely :love:

Denver
08-03-2018, 01:05 AM
No, the closest I've ever come is speaking to Raph on here.:laugh:
The op said celebrity

TomC
08-03-2018, 01:06 AM
Scotty T in t'club

jealous, fml he could ****

Gstar
08-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Stacey always meets her favourite white contestants from singing shows so I’m sure she’ll have a few stories

Mystic Mock
08-03-2018, 01:12 AM

:joker:

Mystic Mock
08-03-2018, 01:14 AM
The op said celebrity

Or RTV star.

And also for TIBB we all probably know more about Raph than some of the Celebrities let's be honest here.:joker:

Morgan.
08-03-2018, 06:03 AM
Morgan clarified in the chat thread that the drinks were Coca-Cola (I believe? He at least cleared up the fact they weren't alcoholic)

I had coke and Lewis is enough to drink publicly so he had alcohol.

parmnion
08-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Alan sugar, irvine welsh, paloma faith, michael aspel, ben dover...all nice people....stephen mcoll...legend..

ethanjames
08-03-2018, 07:32 AM
no rtv but ive met a few people most being youtubers; connor franta was quite lovely and engaged well enough even though he had a lot of people to meet, louise pentland (sprinkle of glitter) didn't come across great ignored me when I tried to make convo it was a shame as I liked her lots at the time, tomska was fine didn't try to make convo but whatever he had a lot of people to meet, bertie guilbert was so ****ing nice we had a 10 minute conversation about film and rupauls drag race and he followed me on twitter really wasn't expecting that and Andrew scott who plays moriarty on Sherlock was very lovely and gave me a hug even though I tripped over he helped me up :)

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 07:53 AM

Yeah, that's a bit weird ngl ^

Morgan had a Coca Cola and since I am 18 I had alcohol but nothing too much I only had like a Budweiser

Nicky91
08-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Or RTV star.

And also for TIBB we all probably know more about Raph than some of the Celebrities let's be honest here.:joker:

he's basically our first TiBB celebrity :love:

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 08:00 AM
I mean I was apparently classified as a celebrity at one point lol

Morgan.
08-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Morgan had a Coca Cola and since I am 18 I had alcohol but nothing too much I only had like a Budweiser

You had WKD too :suspect:

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 08:21 AM
You had WKD too :suspect:

Oh yea...still not enough to turn into a drunken mess :joker: I wouldn't wanna do that to you :joker::joker: (get rlly drunk and probs be rlly embarrassing)

Daniel-X
08-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Sir Ian McKellen, Helen Flanagan, Rhian Sugden, Nikki Sanderson and the actress who plays Kate in Corrie. From my memory anyway.

waterhog
08-03-2018, 09:06 AM
What were your thoughts; positive, negative? Did you're opinions change on them?

go by them all the time - they are just people. don't hang about long enough for opinions to form.

LemonJam
08-03-2018, 10:12 AM
I used to work at Heathrow airport. One time I was working on the self checkouts and customers had to scan their boarding passes on them (making many customers angry) so I would go around and offer to scan for them or override it. I approached a random bald man and offered to help. He retorted in a jolly Irish accent "no that's alright! I've got to figure it out myself some time!" I looked up and it was Dara O'Brien! A lot of people watched on in silence as Dara shook the boarding pass frantically around the scanner. The intensity intensified. The scanner beeped and everybody cheered as one man shouted "I loved you on mock The week Dara"

And that tibbers was the most exciting part of my sad ****ing life.

Jack_
08-03-2018, 12:25 PM
I met James O'Brien after a talk he gave at a radio conference last year and he was so much more friendly than I was anticipating, we talked about the upcoming election and he was much less abrasive than his on air persona.

Spoke to Greg James at the same place too, he spent about three hours standing around a bar with a big queue of people waiting to talk to him/get pictures and I thought that was really nice. I also talked to a VERY drunk and slurring Scott Mills just over a year ago at another event, it was hilarious :laugh:

I met several BBUS and Canada alumni at at a season premiere party a couple of years ago in NYC. Also met Nikki Grahame there too, she was hysterical and randomly told me all about the time Natalie Cassidy was off her tits and left her on her own at a festival :joker: :joker:

I got a photo with Stephen Mulhern outside the BGT tour at Wembley in 2011, he didn't stop for long unfortunately. Also met all the finalists from that series. And I met Chico twice when I was younger too, he is lovely and very down to earth.

Also got a picture with the Wealdstone Raider (lol), Chris from Love Island and THE CHUCKLE BROTHERS when they all made club appearances during my time at uni

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 02:10 PM
I almost made it onto Britain's Got More Talent as a Skype caller and I had 2 rehearsals in the day and got to speak to Stephen Mulhearn twice so I guess there's that? Only reason I didn't make it on is because the person before me decided to ramble on...

Twosugars
08-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Alison Moyet (rang my door by mistake looking for her friend's place, had a chat, she's wonderful)
Germaine Greer (asked her a question after a lecture, stuck-up but charming in her own way)

Mitchell
08-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Added Jeremy Vine, Jane McDonald, Simon Pegg, Tom Jones, Olly Murs and Will.i.am to my list today haha, Tom and Simon couldn’t stop for photos though

Morgan.
08-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Added Jeremy Vine, Jane McDonald, Simon Pegg, Tom Jones, Olly Murs and Will.i.am to my list today haha, Tom and Simon couldn’t stop for photos though

Jeremy Vine is a legend he gives Y.O.U.N.G so much good press :love:

Morgan.
08-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Mitchell how do you meet so many people?

GiRTh
08-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Met Princess Diana at a grip and grin she did at our local playhouse back in feb 90 - She was very tall and gorgeous - then met Kurt Cobain when my mate booked Nirvana at the local polytechnic in Sept 90. He didn't say much you could hardly get two words out of him and he scrounged a cigarette of me and never gave me one back. :fist: Just a year before Nevermind and my mates boss gave him a bollocking asking why doesn't he book bands people have heard of. :joker: Oh the irony. Two dead icons in the same year. Beat that

GiRTh
08-03-2018, 08:49 PM
When I say I met Diana she shook my hand and said hello. We didnt have dinner together or nothing so does that count. :shrug: cuz some people over the years have tried to play
it down and reckon I didnt really 'meet' her

Denver
08-03-2018, 08:53 PM
I walked on the same road Adele chased pavements on

GiRTh
08-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Almost forgot I saw Britney Spears completely caked off her t&ts in a nightclub in Amsterdam in about 2000 ish - maybe later - but definitely before the breakdown' so when the breakdown happened I was like - :shrug: Saw that one coming

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Mitchell how do you meet so many people?

He used to have an online journalism job and the rest of the celebs he's just met by waiting outside for them lmao

TwentyOneThrones
08-03-2018, 09:42 PM
He used to have an online journalism job and the rest of the celebs he's just met by waiting outside for them lmao

I've also been hired as Mitchells spokeperson (I expect a weekly pay Mitchell)

Mitchell
08-03-2018, 09:56 PM
I've also been hired as Mitchells spokeperson (I expect a weekly pay Mitchell)

I’ll deduct it from the amount you owe me for defending you :hehe:

Denver
08-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Mitchell stalked me so probs stalked all the other

Mitchell
08-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Tbf I didn’t meet loads through the job, the majority has been from attending things like the Brit awards, or waiting outside itv etc

Denver
08-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Tbf I didn’t meet loads through the job, the majority has been from attending things like the Brit awards, or waiting outside itv etc

What a time to be alive

Lewismacfarlane
08-03-2018, 10:13 PM
I've met a few corrie folk in Manchester on nights out, one of my brothers close friends is Chesney Hawkes and Rob Greene (premier league and england goalkeeper). I used to hang around with Lisa Riley before she was famous and catherine tyldesley used to work for my company when she was in between acting jobs.

What is cathrene like

Oliver_W
08-03-2018, 10:30 PM
The short version of this story is better than the full one:
Debbie Harry bought me a muffin and some coffee.
When I went to see a Blondie gig with some friends, we arrived at noon to get a good place. The band sent refreshments to the people who had been waiting for ages

Koadey
09-03-2018, 08:35 PM
I met Troy Polamalu, who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and last week, I met the mayor of my hometown as well as the former Governor back in 2014.

I met Jun from BBUSA last year in Belgium.

I also traveled to Detroit where I met Emblem3 for a Meet & Greet. When it came time for the Selfie, I asked that the picture be of all four of us shirtless. They said: "yeah, sure, that's ****ing awesome. I told them about how I did my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge the same way they did, which was naked.

The pic is out there on twitter as well. Jun and Emblem three were what I would've expected.