PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest you have walked in one go?

reecejackox
20-03-2018, 03:18 PM
I would say on record about 6.2 miles from college to my home a few years ago now.

LeatherTrumpet
20-03-2018, 03:21 PM
When contemplating walking I like to think about this Jack Handey quote:

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes"

Maru
20-03-2018, 03:25 PM
13 miles I know of at least, because I tracked it once... I'm sure I've walked more at Six Flags or something though.

There is an extensive trail system in the Northeast, and the husband and we made it to 13 miles one time just picking random places to go to extend it and marking it with GPS... and one time accidentally ended up coming out the back side of a friend's apt, so we paid him a visit and then walked home. Which was kind of funny in it's randomness (and he was actually home that time!)

Niamh.
20-03-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure about ever but last year for my birthday we went away to Kerry and walked the Gap of Dunloe which is about 7miles I think

Calderyon
20-03-2018, 03:28 PM
About 5 to 6 miles. I was a wreck after that.

Matthew.
20-03-2018, 03:34 PM
6 miles when me and dennis decided it would be a great idea to walk to the nearest tesco. we’d had a few. only about a month ago that

Oliver_W
20-03-2018, 03:37 PM
12 miles, for Waendle Walk

bitontheslide
20-03-2018, 03:52 PM
26 miles for me

LaLaLand
20-03-2018, 04:05 PM
When I was in London for the weekend with uni (design conference and then sightseeing for two days) we just didn't use buses/taxis/the Tube at all and walked everywhere.

Over the two days my friends pedometer said we'd walked 30 miles.

I had NO SKIN on my feet, red raw.

smudgie
20-03-2018, 04:23 PM
8 miles in the African heat.:fist:
All alone..as a child having missed the school bus home.:bawling:

parmnion
20-03-2018, 05:12 PM
About 12 miles...

Smithy
20-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Probably whatever we did on Duke of Edinburgh

LeatherTrumpet
20-03-2018, 05:13 PM
When i glanced at this thread title without my glasses I thought michael21 had gone too far with a topic...

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
20-03-2018, 05:15 PM
i used to walk my dog to winwock quay every other day for a few months in 2015 and that’s 7 miles from my house according to google so 14 miles

pontyboi
20-03-2018, 06:10 PM
When I was in hollywood all the way from the farmers market up to the hollywood hills and literally thought I was going to die. I have no idea how many miles that is though lol.

Shaun
20-03-2018, 06:12 PM
8 miles after a disastrous house party

kirklancaster
20-03-2018, 08:05 PM
42 and a bit miles across the North Yorks Moors - The Lyke Wake Walk.

It was a lifetime ago though and the memory resides in my personal museum next to my 'Road Running' days. :hee:

AnnieK
20-03-2018, 08:08 PM

It was a lifetime ago though and the memory resides in my personal museum next to my 'Road Running' days. :hee:

Bloody hell, I have to take a deep breath before I drive that far :laugh: How long did that take you?

michael21
20-03-2018, 08:37 PM
I would say on record about 6.2 miles from college to my home a few years ago now.

15 miles it was for charity

kirklancaster
20-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Bloody hell, I have to take a deep breath before I drive that far :laugh: How long did that take you?

:laugh: To be honest Annie, it WAS supposed to be just less than 40 miles, but the reason that I put: "42 and a bit miles", is because we GOT LOST. :blush: and the 'bit' was a good bit. :blush:

It took us over 12 hours and was supposed to be around only 9 to 10 hours.

There were 4 of us who set off - at I think - 7 am from Osmotherley where we had parked our car and 4 others who had set off from Ravenscar at the same time where they had parked their car.

We each had a set of keys for each other's vehicles and were supposed to pass each other 'en route' then carry on to each other's cars around the same time - 5 pm to 6 pm I think.

Well, we got lost, missed the other party 'en route' and did not reach their car until well after 12 midnight.

I was young, strong and fit, but I have NEVER been as knackered as I was that day. :laugh:

Only 6 of the original 8 walkers are still alive and I only now keep in touch with 2 of those, and it is now something to remember with mutual amusement.

"All Part Of Life's Rich Tapestry", Annie.

AnnieK
20-03-2018, 08:45 PM
:laugh: To be honest Annie, it WAS supposed to be just less than 40 miles, but the reason that I put: "42 and a bit miles", is because we GOT LOST. :blush: and the 'bit' was a good bit. :blush:

It took us over 12 hours and was supposed to be around only 9 to 10 hours.

There were 4 of us who set off - at I think - 7 am from Osmotherley where we had parked our car and 4 others who had set off from Ravenscar at the same time where they had parked their car.

We each had a set of keys for each other's vehicles and were supposed to pass each other 'en route' then carry on to each other's cars around the same time - 5 pm to 6 pm I think.

Well, we got lost, missed the other party 'en route' and did not reach their car until well after 12 midnight.

I was young, strong and fit, but I have NEVER been as knackered as I was that day. :laugh:

Only 6 of the original 8 walkers are still alive and I only now keep in touch with 2 of those, and it is now something to remember with mutual amusement.

"All Part Of Life's Rich Tapestry", Annie.

Aw, great memory though Kirk.

My mum made me do a 10 mile walk with her as a teenager for Greenpeace. I hated every minute of it at the time...but looking back it was a great day spent with her and the other walkers, even though I moaned literally every step of the way and wondered why the **** I needed to save the whale anyway :laugh:

kirklancaster
20-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Aw, great memory though Kirk.

My mum made me do a 10 mile walk with her as a teenager for Greenpeace. I hated every minute of it at the time...but looking back it was a great day spent with her and the other walkers, even though I moaned literally every step of the way and wondered why the **** I needed to save the whale anyway :laugh:

:joker:

Marsh.
20-03-2018, 08:53 PM
I used to walk to San Francisco for an ice cream in the summer holidays.

I was sweating cobs. D:

hijaxers
20-03-2018, 09:04 PM

20 miles years ago for christian aid nigh on broke my feet to bits - no fancy trainers then , just normal shoes.

Koadey
21-03-2018, 12:20 AM
10 miles from Downtown St. John's in Newfoundland, Canada to Cape Spear - the most Eastern piece of land in North America.

Ammi
21-03-2018, 05:51 AM
..I have walked 500 miles and I have walked 500 more...just to be the gal who walked 1000 miles to fall down at your door..(dead..)....

Ammi
21-03-2018, 05:56 AM
I used to walk to San Francisco for an ice cream in the summer holidays.

I was sweating cobs. D:

...I used to walk to Wellington../..NZ in the winter holidays to buy boots...Wellington boots...so San Francisco would have been a dream for me in distance because it’s always that last little half mile that gets you with Wellington...is the thing...

Ammi
21-03-2018, 06:07 AM

..see, Spock would have said that was illogical, Kirk...:laugh...but you boldly went..(..and went and went..)...so what does Spock know about logic, not so much I reckon...well done Captain, you defied his logic with your steps..:lovedup:...

Jessica.
21-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Idk, like 15km

Eddie.
21-03-2018, 09:53 AM
10km (I don't do miles)
But in miles it's, 6.

y.winter
21-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Last year I think I had a decent walk in Brighton. The view was totally worth it :love: