PDA

View Full Version : Toilet clothes .....Discuss

chuff me dizzy
25-03-2018, 06:47 PM
https://www.providr.com/family-cloth/?utm_source=officialbbible&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr

Its a massive no from me

LaLaLand
25-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Oh good God no!

Niamh.
25-03-2018, 06:50 PM
ew no thanks

Smithy
25-03-2018, 06:52 PM
CLOTHS not clothes! came in here wondering why you’d get changed to go to the toilet

RileyH
25-03-2018, 06:54 PM
CLOTHS not clothes! came in here wondering why you’d get changed to go to the toilet

:joker:

reece(:
25-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Good. Bye.

Jason.
25-03-2018, 06:58 PM
:omgno:

Jordan.
25-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Absolutely NOT

montblanc
25-03-2018, 07:03 PM
omg i saw an Extreme Cheapskate episode about a family that saves money from buying toilet paper by using rags that they just wash

the rags were all stained up :omgno:

kirklancaster
25-03-2018, 07:08 PM

:laugh: My thoughts exactly when I read the headline.

kirklancaster
25-03-2018, 07:09 PM
No way.

Maru
25-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Holla e.coli

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lc4oFwsu3F732/giphy.gif

Greg!
25-03-2018, 07:25 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/survivor-org/images/9/97/Disgusting.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150318161941

Withano
25-03-2018, 07:26 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/survivor-org/images/9/97/Disgusting.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150318161941

:joker:

parmnion
25-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Better than using your hand i suppose.

Vicky.
25-03-2018, 08:25 PM

Heh, same here :laugh:

But ewwww no chance.

kirklancaster
25-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Reminds me of the days before 'Pampers' and suchlike when babies nappies were cloth and you had to wash and sterilise then dry and reuse them. Not very nice now, thinking back. :laugh:

smudgie
25-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Must be a joke.
Imagine all those germs...and the pong.:yuk:
I won’t share my loo never mind sharing a cloth.:fist:

Gstar
26-03-2018, 12:43 AM
Ew ew ew (and change the thread title)

Toy Soldier
26-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Seems like a waste of time and money when you always have two perfectly good socks :shrug:.

Ammi
26-03-2018, 07:01 AM
...is it not one sock, TS...is that not the solving of the ‘one sock mystery’...two socks are perfectly good and fine as you say...but one sock becomes an obsession...

LeatherTrumpet
26-03-2018, 07:02 AM
I just have a pair of scissors on a string

kirklancaster
26-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Seems like a waste of time and money when you always have two perfectly good socks :shrug:.

:laugh2: I'm not daft T.S - you are joking. You'd NEVER be able to bend your legs enough to get your feet ANYWHERE near your bum.

Toy Soldier
26-03-2018, 07:34 AM
:laugh2: I'm not daft T.S - you are joking. You'd NEVER be able to bend your legs enough to get your feet ANYWHERE near your bum.I don't want to admit to how long I just spent trying to see if this is true :umm2:

kirklancaster
26-03-2018, 07:43 AM
I don't want to admit to how long I just spent trying to see if this is true :umm2:

:laugh:

kirklancaster
26-03-2018, 07:45 AM
I just have a pair of scissors on a string

:laugh: This is now an image that I am struggling to stop from forming in my mind.

chuff me dizzy
26-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Reminds me of the days before 'Pampers' and suchlike when babies nappies were cloth and you had to wash and sterilise then dry and reuse them. Not very nice now, thinking back. :laugh:

I had 3 of mine in terry nappies, thank God for pampers !

LeatherTrumpet
26-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Most of Asia the middle east and Africa use their hands to wipe their arses

ie no paper

:umm2:

Jessica.
26-03-2018, 04:59 PM
It's way better for the environment, but it's not for me, I can't even keep up with my regular laundry.

Also, cloth nappies are way better for babies and the environment, do any of you realise how many nappies go into landfills every year? It's disgusting.

Marsh.
26-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Na, let's keep plodding on finding better ways to make environmentally-friendlier disposable paper than keeping germs and diseases in a bloody hamper.

Are they colour coded so you don't actually use the one Grandad used during his bad case of diarrhoea last week?

Twosugars
26-03-2018, 05:25 PM
bring back bidets or better, japanese toilets with wash and dry

toilet paper seems like a pinnacle of civilisation but it's not. some **** will always stay, just spread thinly by paper

Tozzie
26-03-2018, 05:39 PM
:yuk: urgh, god no, perish the thought

Kazanne
26-03-2018, 05:44 PM
When we holiday in Turkey you have to put the loo roll in a bin,you are not allowed to flush it down the loo. I do think terry nappies are the way forward though.

LeatherTrumpet
26-03-2018, 05:45 PM
When we holiday in Turkey you have to put the loo roll in a bin,you are not allowed to flush it down the loo.

I would have held on for 2 weeks and turned beige

Kazanne
26-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I would have held on for 2 weeks and turned beige

:laugh:I just feel sorry for the cleaners.

Marsh.
26-03-2018, 06:12 PM
When we holiday in Turkey you have to put the loo roll in a bin,you are not allowed to flush it down the loo. I do think terry nappies are the way forward though.

Disgusting. I bet the hotel reeked.

Marsh.
26-03-2018, 06:13 PM
bring back bidets or better, japanese toilets with wash and dry

toilet paper seems like a pinnacle of civilisation but it's not. some **** will always stay, just spread thinly by paper

If you're just spreading the sh*t all over your ass then you need to learn to clean properly. :nono:

Withano
26-03-2018, 06:18 PM
If you're just spreading the sh*t all over your ass then you need to learn to clean properly. :nono:

Lets forget this is about asses for a sec, how are you actually gonna clean germs from a dirty surface away with a piece of tissue

The countries that spray water up themselves are actually about ten steps ahead of us. And considering 37gallons of water goes into a single roll of toilet tissue, we’re less green than them too.

The idea in the op is rank and dumb though

Marsh.
26-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Lets forget this is about asses for a sec, how are you actually gonna clean germs from a dirty surface away with a piece of tissue

The countries that spray water up themselves are actually about ten steps ahead of us. And considering 37gallons of water goes into a single roll of toilet tissue, we’re less green than them too.

The idea in the op is rank and dumb though

I always spray my ass in the shower. :smug:

But I never said it perfectly cleared your ass of germs (it makes me heave at "rimming" being an actual thing).

But, you actually clean the sh*t off. If you're smearing clumps of brown mess all over the place you're doing it wrong. :nono:

Withano
26-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I always spray my ass in the shower. :smug:

But I never said it perfectly cleared your ass of germs (it makes me heave at "rimming" being an actual thing).

But, you actually clean the sh*t off. If you're smearing clumps of brown mess all over the place you're doing it wrong. :nono:

Yeh but the worlds greatest cleaner with a tissue is still gonna leave the toilet dirtier than your average Joe woth a water hose.

Marsh.
26-03-2018, 06:25 PM
I've been praying they come out with a toilet friendly, environment friendly wet wipe.

They get the job done nicely.

Just make sure you use a dry tissue at the end so you don't get the "I've sh*t myself" feeling later on.

chuff me dizzy
26-03-2018, 07:23 PM
It's way better for the environment, but it's not for me, I can't even keep up with my regular laundry.

Also, cloth nappies are way better for babies and the environment, do any of you realise how many nappies go into landfills every year? It's disgusting.

I care a lot more for hygiene than i do the environment

Maru
26-03-2018, 07:38 PM
I'm surprised they haven't come up with some sort of organic plant material paper like an alternative to using a pile of leaves to clean up... just make an aloe vera-esk plant-based bum paper as a solution...

I know someone who started using a menstrual cup instead of maxis/tampons for eco reasons. Now that is so wasteful, women hygeine products. I imagine the issue though would be spills/cross contamination because it's basically a crotch hood...

Kazanne
26-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Disgusting. I bet the hotel reeked.

It didn't actually but there were cleaners on duty all the time, so maybe they were doing a good job:laugh:

kirklancaster
26-03-2018, 08:14 PM
I'm surprised they haven't come up with some sort of organic plant material paper like an alternative to using a pile of leaves to clean up... just make an aloe vera-esk plant-based bum paper as a solution...

I know someone who started using a menstrual cup instead of maxis/tampons for eco reasons. Now that is so wasteful, women hygeine products. I imagine the issue though would be spills/cross contamination because it's basically a crotch hood...

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: You are either educating me Maru - or slaying me with laughter. :kiss:

Matthew.
26-03-2018, 09:46 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K83tfcQ3SxM/hqdefault.jpg
my thoughts about this

if you get the reference, we can be friends

Twosugars
26-03-2018, 11:46 PM

:tongue:wrong!

Indeed, you can never get properly clean by simply wiping, since you are, effectively, pushing the stuff into your skin. Would anyone dream of cleaning their hands by simply wiping them on tissue paper?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/mar/04/stop-using-toilet-paper

If you’re relying on toilet paper alone to clean up after you take a dump, you’re not doing a very good job of getting yourself entirely poo-free. As pooing expert Rose George explained to Tonic, dry toilet paper doesn’t work to clean dirt – it just moves it around.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/28/sorry-but-youre-probably-not-properly-wiping-the-poo-off-your-bum-7033924/

There's loads about it online.
I used to feel superior about wiping until I watched a bbc doc on the subject a couple of years ago.

Marsh.
27-03-2018, 12:07 AM

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/28/sorry-but-youre-probably-not-properly-wiping-the-poo-off-your-bum-7033924/

I used to feel superior about wiping until I watched a bbc doc on the subject a couple of years ago.

I don't feel superior about wiping. :joker:

I'm just saying if you're "smearing" it all over yourself you aint doing it right.

My shower makes a lovely bidet. :flutter:

Maru
27-03-2018, 12:22 AM
[/B]

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: You are either educating me Maru - or slaying me with laughter. :kiss:

:laugh: I didn't know about the cup thing until a few years ago when I was told in a female forum... she was like this is the way to go...

We don't have bidets in the US (it terrifies most people), but I use wipes and regular old bum paper. I love my bum :love:

Marsh.
27-03-2018, 01:34 AM
What about the increase in water and electricity?

Also, wet wipes aren't good for the pipes, they block it up. :nono:

waterhog
27-03-2018, 08:57 AM
has anyone heard this expression - this place is a ???? whole ? its in the post. the save the earth brigade are going to love it and if it is going to save the world we are all going to follow.

this way please now to your right. thank you.

Twosugars
27-03-2018, 11:15 AM
I don't feel superior about wiping. :joker:

I'm just saying if you're "smearing" it all over yourself you aint doing it right.

My shower makes a lovely bidet. :flutter:

hope you're not trying to smear my wiping technique :suspect::hee:
but thank you for de facto agreeing with my point by using shower as bidet after dry wiping :thumbs2:

Twosugars
27-03-2018, 11:21 AM
we need biodegradable wet wipes

in the meantime could try damp toilet paper?
they used to advertise kitchen towels as not coming apart when wet

Marsh.
27-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Damp toilet paper?

It would fall apart like... well... a bag of sh*t.

Maru
27-03-2018, 01:51 PM
we need biodegradable wet wipes

in the meantime could try damp toilet paper?
they used to advertise kitchen towels as not coming apart when wet

They do have those. But I'm not a fan of flushable though just because they don't seem to do as good of a job as non-flushable. But I find I use a lot less to do the job than just regular TP...

Something plant based would be cool, because it's naturally non-abrasive... like those big house plants with giant ass leaves. Here for the survival guide that tells us we can grow our own poo poo plants in our backyard... free TP for life.

Maru
27-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Damp toilet paper?

It would fall apart like... well... a bag of sh*t.

Doctors and patients /w IBS actually suggest to dampen up TP sometimes

kirklancaster
27-03-2018, 01:59 PM
:joker: I cannot believe this thread - Grown, Intelligent Peeps and here we are having all manner of, well, UGH discussions. :laugh:

Jessica.
27-03-2018, 02:26 PM
I care a lot more for hygiene than i do the environment

So if a baby gets the runs on their clothes and you wash them in the washing machine, is that unhygienic?

Marsh.
27-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Doctors and patients /w IBS actually suggest to dampen up TP sometimesThen I would advise a cloth in those cases that can be thrown out after.

Wet tissue is asking for sticky fingers. :nono:

Jessica.
27-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Some people just use the cloths for a pee and wash them and use toilet paper for a poo, I think that is a good compromise