PDA

View Full Version : Who is sick of hearing about the Race-row of CBB5

Scarlett.
25-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Ok I felt sorry for her in CBB

but come on shes trying to strech out her fame as much as any other BB winner does

Fair enough if its about her new movies, they could be interesting, but cant she (or her press person) just give up with all this 'Shilpa did this, Shilpa did that'

:sleep::sleep:

LargeAndInCharge
25-05-2007, 07:51 PM
i understand, but she was subject of racism at the end of the day.

and if she and dani get on then there should be nothing to worry about

Richie
25-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I hate her.

I hate Jade.

I hate the story.

I hate hearing about the story.

nodisharmony
25-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Shilpa Shetty is a very lucky person.

She was in the right place at the right time and met the right people too. The right people being:-

Jade Goody

Jo O'Meara

Danielle Lloyd

Without meeting those three housemates, she never would have been in the position she is today.

As much as some people hate those three housemates and for the wrong reasons too.

It has made Shilpa Shetty a fortune and also, like the topic title says:-

"Who is sick of hearing Shilpa"

We wouldn't be saying that, if it wasn't for January's CBB5 furore

nodisharmony :angel:

~Kizwiz~
25-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I would rather just forget the whole lot of them.

Especially the witches of eastwick

Bells
25-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree that I'm sick of hearing about the race row, but the comment that she is 'stretching her fame' is a bit misinformed; she was a pretty big star already, and although more opportunities have come her way she will still continue to make films. If anything, it's the others I'm absolutely sick of seeing.

Scarlett.
25-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Richie
I hate her.

I hate Jade.

I hate the story.

I hate hearing about the story.
I totally agree! it was blown out of all proportion in the first place and now they are just flogging a dead horse
and everyone knows OFCOM are a bunch of ... (I better not say)

nodisharmony
25-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Antparker
everyone knows OFCOM are a bunch of ... (I better not say)

Dead right there Antparker:thumbs:

We want Big Brother 8 to come and would like this past furore from CBB5 to just go away.

But those who were in charge of editing just didn't do their job properly.

But Shilpa Shetty is laughing all the way to the bank.

Apparently she's special, "better than british??"

Mike
25-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I got sick of hearing about the whole Shilpa/Jade/race row months ago.

S2
25-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Shilpa is an established star in her home country, she was known to millions of Indian film watchers. Like it or not, you'll be hearing about her more and more. She is not stretching her fame, its the oppourtunities that have come her way that are more international and have a bigger audience impact and its the UK press going gaga over her and giving her inches in their coloums.
Whoever the winner would have been would have been in the news as much as Shilpa too. Isn't that how the story goes for the winners? Oh and add to that Shilpa actually has talent. As well as laughing to the back, she'll be on our screens for quite some time too :elephant:

nodisharmony
25-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Mike
I got sick of hearing about the whole Shilpa/Jade/race row months ago.

It's not the best timing for this Ofcom investigation either Mike.

Moments before BB8 is upon us.

Anyway, BB8 is going to happen and for those who are sick of hearing about Shilpa, soon enough, there will be a housemate from this BB which we'll all hear about for some reason, good or bad or ugly...

Amy
25-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by kizwiz
I would rather just forget the whole lot of them.

Ditto!

*Lorna*
26-05-2007, 03:03 PM
i'm sick of hearing about the whole thing to be honest

Chrizzle
26-05-2007, 03:04 PM
ME ME ! Cant stand Shilpa and the way everyone thinks/thought she was amazing.

I dont wanna remember anyone in CBB5, especially Shilpa!

Lemo
26-05-2007, 03:25 PM
its ofcom who are pathetic. big deal jack was saying Tacky for the word **** big deal he didnt want to know as a racist and you never heard jade calling shilpa a ****** or a ****

jamaine was racist he called jade and all that white trash and he gets off with it.

Sorry if this harms anyone.

nodisharmony
26-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Rawr
its ofcom who are pathetic. big deal jack was saying Tacky for the word pa** big deal he didnt want to know as a racist and you never heard jade calling shilpa a ni**er or a pa**

jamaine was racist he called jade and all that white trash and he gets off with it.

Sorry if this harms anyone.

You are right Rawr:thumbs:

It is a stupid situation and Ofcom have picked the worse time and the Newspapers are enjoying all of this trouble too.

We have a nice BB8 show to look forward to and we don't need this Shilpa Shetty problem being a problem for the upcoming show.

It is a real pity, that she came on in the first place

No offence to Shilpa Shetty herself, but she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jermaine did say an obvious racist remark about Jackiey, but the rules are written differently for that situation.

andybigbro
26-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Me

Billy
26-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Shilpa Shetty was so annoying and bossy in that house it was unbelievable. The girls said stuff they shouldnt have which was abd, Imnot condoning that, but no wonder they were annyoed at Shilpa, if I had to live there, I would have throttled her.

Scarlett.
27-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by nodisharmony
but the rules are written differently for that situation.
Exactly! It doesnt matter if a white person has a racist comment said about them, if any one is being discriminated, its us!
I mean just listen to rap music and you are likely to hear a racist comment about a white person at least once but you never hear anything over that

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 09:06 AM
but the rules are written differently for that situation.
Exactly! It doesnt matter if a white person has a racist comment said about them, if any one is being discriminated, its us!
I mean just listen to rap music and you are likely to hear a racist comment about a white person at least once but you never hear anything over that

The furore was over Shilpa Shetty and anything what was said by Jermaine has been swept under the carpet.

Rap stars say many things

But here in England, we have Big Brother and I certainly have to say that Shilpa Shetty is a Bollywood film actress from India.

But yet, she was invited to the show.

Some may think, that the invitation was NOW the worst ever decision and those who feel that way, must be respected for their opinions.

In light of what you state Antparker, there is much unfairness with this whole situation and I just feel, that perhaps Shilpa Shetty may have more enemies building up, than she first thought.

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Some may think, that the invitation was NOW the worst ever decision and those who feel that way, must be respected for their opinions.

And some would say if Gobby and her little dog bitches hadn't have open their big mouths then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Red Moon

And some would say if Gobby and her little dog bitches hadn't have open their big mouths then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But, it was only a very small amount of stuff that lead to this racial furore.

Perhaps Endemol could have edited those small amount of stuff out and everything would have been as sweet as Cherry pie:elephant:

I think that the show was well aware of what Jade Goody can be like in these shows.

Perhaps they were thinking of money:eureka:

just an idea, like:wink:

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Why should Endemol not show Gobby and her little dog bitches in their true colours?

Ruth*Star
27-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Now that BB8 is starting in 3 days i couldn't care less about any of them, but i'm still a fan of danielle.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Why should Endemol not show Gobby and her little dog bitches in their true colours?

But it wasn't about showing them up.

It was about profit margins:thumbs:

But at the minute, we just have to hope that the new show will be okay, with the new rules in place.

But while we are hoping, Shilpa Shetty is making a fortune elsewhere.

And the lovely friendly Danielle Lloyd is buying a lovely house from a small portion of the money she has recently earnt!

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 10:02 AM
The whole reason for this thread and people being fed up with Shilpa is because of what Gobby and her little dog bitches did and said.

You can't blame Endemol for showing what goes on in the house that is what the show is about.

Sophii3x
27-05-2007, 10:12 AM
LMAO Red, little dog bitches!

I do like Shilpa, but it's so annoying that this has come back at this time. No doupt Shilpa got picked on in there, but most of it was pathetic bitching, if they did call her racist names the footage should be released to shame them. Racism is discusting, and I can't belive Endemol covered the worst of it (if it did happen).

Why is this thread called.. 'Who is sick of hearing about Shilpa'? It's not her fault this happened, it's the other people's fault.

spacebandit
27-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Sophii3x

Why is this thread called.. 'Who is sick of hearing about Shilpa'? It's not her fault this happened, it's the other people's fault.

Blame the victim, excuse the offender

Bully Playbook Rule No. 1

Scarlett.
27-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Sophii3x
LMAO Red, little dog bitches!

I do like Shilpa, but it's so annoying that this has come back at this time. No doupt Shilpa got picked on in there, but most of it was pathetic bitching, if they did call her racist names the footage should be released to shame them. Racism is discusting, and I can't belive Endemol covered the worst of it (if it did happen).

Why is this thread called.. 'Who is sick of hearing about Shilpa'? It's not her fault this happened, it's the other people's fault. because we constantly here about her on chat shows, news, newspapers, magazines, practicly everywhere, I mean it was bad what happened in the CBB house but Im just sick of hearing about her everywhere

and dont worry if I started hearing about Jade and co. everywhere, I would be sick of hearing about them too

xcharleyx
27-05-2007, 04:12 PM

but come on shes trying to strech out her fame as much as any other BB winner does

Fair enough if its about her new movies, they could be interesting, but cant she (or her press person) just give up with all this 'Shilpa did this, Shilpa did that'

I am so sick of CBB. It was awful this year, i didn't even watch it. Shilpa won, thats more than she could ever want. Can't people get over it by now?

xcharleyx
27-05-2007, 04:12 PM

I am so sick of CBB. It was awful this year, i didn't even watch it. Shilpa won, thats more than she could ever want. Can't people get over it by now?

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 04:15 PM
to be honest i am tired of hearing "racism row this" and "racism row that", yes she was subject to racism, but she doesn't think she was cant people just let it drop?
Also do you think she would have done as well as she did without the whole racism thing, to be honest i think she wouldnt have done nearly as well without the whole publicity surrounding the racism row

Bells
27-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Well she was already a celeb through being an actress, so no doubt because she wanted international fame, she would've made it one way or another. Even if she didn't use CBB, I'm guessing you might have seen her in some international films maybe.

Scarlett.
27-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I think CBB5 should be the last just hearing the name annoys me

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Lil-Lindz
to be honest i am tired of hearing "racism row this" and "racism row that", yes she was subject to racism, but she doesn't think she was cant people just let it drop?
Also do you think she would have done as well as she did without the whole racism thing, to be honest i think she wouldnt have done nearly as well without the whole publicity surrounding the racism row

Those who have complained about this furore, are the ones who have forced these new rules to happen.

If nobody complained and just accepted it, as just another BB argument, everything would be hunky dory.

But Shilpa Shetty has been described as "Better than British", also, she has met the Prime-minister & even the Queen + other important people.

Chantelle wasn't so lucky, was she:sad:

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 05:30 PM

Those who have complained about this furore, are the ones who have forced these new rules to happen.

If nobody complained and just accepted it, as just another BB argument, everything would be hunky dory.

But Shilpa Shetty has been described as "Better than British", also, she has met the Prime-minister & even the Queen + other important people.

Chantelle wasn't so lucky, was she:sad:

Exactly the only reason shilpa has done so well is because of the whole racism stuff, if people hadn't of compalined we would have been rearing ourselves up for a BB full of b*tching and arguements, but what are we gonna get now, a bunch of HM's who wont argue cause its against the rules

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Exactly the only reason shilpa has done so well is because of the whole racism stuff, if people hadn't of compalined we would have been rearing ourselves up for a BB full of b*tching and arguements, but what are we going to get now, a bunch of HM's who wont argue cause its against the rules

I know what you mean Lil-Lindz:sad:

Shilpa Shetty won't even be bothered at all. She will be doing her own thing in her own way.

So many people are so worried over a few words & comments which are no way worse than what small children see in everyday soaps, Eastenders & Coronation Street, etc..

The children will be seeing more violence & racism & bullying & arguments & all kinds of "isms".

But everyone who is allowed to stay up to 11pm each night, will be forced to watch a show that will be suitable for (5 year olds)

But as long as Shilpa and her fans are okay, well that's okay.....NOT:rolleyes:

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 05:54 PM

Exactly the only reason shilpa has done so well is because of the whole racism stuff, if people hadn't of compalined we would have been rearing ourselves up for a BB full of b*tching and arguements, but what are we going to get now, a bunch of HM's who wont argue cause its against the rules

I know what you mean Lil-Lindz:sad:

Shilpa Shetty won't even be bothered at all. She will be doing her own thing in her own way.

So many people are so worried over a few words & comments which are no way worse than what small children see in everyday soaps, Eastenders & Coronation Street, etc..

The children will be seeing more violence & racism & bullying & arguments & all kinds of "isms".

But everyone who is allowed to stay up to 11pm each night, will be forced to watch a show that will be suitable for (5 year olds)

But as long as Shilpa and her fans are okay, well that's okay.....NOT:rolleyes:

Exactly, you see more racist things on little britain!
if it wasnt for all those people in India, who love their beloved shilpa, we wouldnt be having this conversation right now, it is really frustrating, BB aint going to be the same it makes me so angry lol :mad:

Mike
27-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I want to see housemates speaking their mind, obviously there is a limit but if it's not something bad i.e racism then hopefully they will say what their thinking, forget the whole Shilpa race row it certainly wasn't nice but at the end of the day it's a new series with new housemates, time to enjoy and have some good laughs.

Cody™
27-05-2007, 06:30 PM
i dont think its shilpa's fault. its the media who constantly keep bringin it up agen and agen! i like hearin about what shilpas up to but not when its linked to the race row cuz that was a load of rubbish. its time the media got over it and moved on.

S2
27-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Is it Shilpas fault? Being a celeb out of India, she sells papers in the UK too!! Blame the magazines, newspaper and TV shows that want her, get her on their covers and so forth. People like Paris Hilton coming out of clubs drunk and shatered in ALL the magazines is ok, but when there is someone with talent who is actually in the news in regards to her work in the pipeline is annoying.
Hearing about Shilpa in reagrds to the racism row is her fault now then? She hasn't said anything about it except " we all make mistakes, all are fallable, lets forget and move on" but no one pays heed to her words.
She can't even talk about her future work without people saying she's annoying. So what can she talk about?
And the comment about her being better than the British, drop it please. You keep harping on about it. Find something new to dodge on Shilpa.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 08:16 PM

if it wasnt for all those people in India, who love their beloved shilpa, we wouldnt be having this conversation right now, it is really frustrating, BB aint going to be the same it makes me so angry lol :mad:

Shilpa Shetty's presence on CBB5 ruined a lot of lives.

She is a nice person generally, so some Newspapers say and on the CBB show, she seemed okay really.

We only had a very small amount of footage to go by, Lil-Lindz

But Jade, Jo, Danielle, Endemol, Channel 4, Offended viewers, + Fans of BB who are looking forward to BB8.

It is a terrible situation, but sadly, many housemates will look upon Shilpa Shetty as the troublemaker.

Carol Malone is saying some damning stuff in the Daily Mirror right now.

luvvaheather
27-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I love Shilpa...and Jade. But after they leave BB i really don't care what they do!!!!

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 08:43 PM

She is a nice person generally, so some Newspapers say and on the CBB show, she seemed okay really.

We only had a very small amount of footage to go by, Lil-Lindz

But Jade, Jo, Danielle, Endemol, Channel 4, Offended viewers, + Fans of BB who are looking forward to BB8.

It is a terrible situation, but sadly, many housemates will look upon Shilpa Shetty as the troublemaker.

Carol Malone is saying some damning stuff in the Daily Mirror right now.

Really? what has she been saying?

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 08:46 PM

The people that ruined other peoples lives are the bullies you can't blame the victim.

Bells
27-05-2007, 08:48 PM

The people that ruined other peoples lives are the bullies you can't blame the victim.

Couldn't agree more.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 08:51 PM

It's here Lil-Lindz:- http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=59712

But it could be a lie??

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 08:55 PM

It's here Lil-Lindz:- http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=59712

But it could be a lie??

Wow thanks for the link, puts this whole racism row into context, if its true shilpa is more sly and clever than she makes out, and if what carol says is true then maybe shilpa wasn't the innocent victim we originally percieved

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 08:58 PM

The truth still yearns though.

That can't be helped!

We are all aware that Shilpa Shetty is an Indian woman and that is why, there was a race-furore, not a bullying-furore. Let's get clear here.

Nobody here is condoning bullying, least of all me.

However, a lot of people are sick of hearing Shilpa Shetty's name and that is very true. But she has come over as a great victim, but for BB fans who watch these shows, she is NOT the only victim, is she:wink:

Not a great time to be naive, either, is it:wink:

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Wow thanks for the link, puts this whole racism row into context, if its true shilpa is more sly and clever than she makes out, and if what carol says is true then maybe shilpa wasn't the innocent victim we originally percieved

I know what you mean Lil-Lindz

I think we shall have to wait for the Newspapers to keep us informed, as this can-of-worms is opening bit, by, bit.

I hope the BB8 show goes smoothly, but it is still about profits though.

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Does anyone think that if this kind of racism took place with one of our loved celebrities in India, do you think the kind of publicty that shilpa got would ever come of it?
The thing is I feel, with recent "claims" from Carol that Shilpa isn't the innocent little victim we all originally percieved, she knew that she was getting publicity which makes her a true game player

Bells
27-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Who said anything about her playing ‘innocent victim?’ She was hardly playing it. She quietly endured their constant bickering and bad language, and eventually handled it with a lot of maturity. Those three (four I should say) obviously had no idea who they were messing with. Shilpa’s a tough character (comes with being a much bigger celebrity than the four of them put together, I’d have thought), and is not the kind of person or celeb they evidently thought.

And anyway, what she said to Carole’s true – she does have a lot of fans, therefore they would support her. I don’t see what’s such a big deal out of that. She would’ve fared well and had work either way, with or without BB – she just did it as a pedestal and for the experience. I’m not too sure I can say the same about the other four.

S2
27-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Shilpa saying that the asian community will stick up for her is hardly evidance to say she was playing a game. Go ask any asian person how sentimental they get for the reputation over one of their kind and see the support they get.
Shilpa even told Jade when Jade made a pathetic attempt to apologise because apprantley it had been bugging her, about the "popadum
2 comment, what did Shilpa reply with "trust me you, its not going to go down well, you've said, and its not going to go down with the indians/asian" and what do you know, it didn't digest with the asian community. Its not rocket science, its basic commen sense.

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ash
Who said anything about her playing ‘innocent victim?’ She was hardly playing it. She quietly endured their constant bickering and bad language, and eventually handled it with a lot of maturity. Those three (four I should say) obviously had no idea who they were messing with. Shilpa’s a tough character (comes with being a much bigger celebrity than the four of them put together, I’d have thought), and is not the kind of person or celeb they evidently thought.

And anyway, what she said to Carole’s true – she does have a lot of fans, therefore they would support her. I don’t see what’s such a big deal out of that. She would’ve fared well and had work either way, with or without BB – she just did it as a pedestal and for the experience. I’m not too sure I can say the same about the other four.

Yes what you are saying is correct gobby and her b*tches were extreamly nasty to her, but shilpa KNEW she was gaining publicity from the whole arguement, she handled it with a great deal of maturity and never had a majour outburst like gobby did, but because she knew she would be getting sympathy it kinda makes her a very clever gameplayer indeed

Bells
27-05-2007, 09:15 PM
^ I see what you're saying now. I thought you were blaming her, when I thought that was unfair. But since she knows what goes on, I think if anything she did the right thing handling the situation the way she did.

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 09:20 PM
However, a lot of people are sick of hearing Shilpa Shetty's name and that is very true. But she has come over as a great victim, but for BB fans who watch these shows, she is NOT the only victim, is she:wink:

So who is the other victim?

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ash
^ I see what you're saying now. I thought you were blaming her, when I thought that was unfair. But since she knows what goes on, I think if anything she did the right thing handling the situation the way she did.

exactly and i agree with that, she could have stooped down to gobbys level but she perserveered and was very cool headed when lots of people were being nasty to her
i still feel that bringing jade back was a big mistake and i think that if she had of never returned the whole racism thing would have never have happened because before she arrived jo and dan didnt say anything, they were simply following jade in her evil racist bullying

S2
27-05-2007, 09:24 PM
^ Crikey! Did I miss something? Was anyone else made to feel lonely, isloated, insulted, had racist slants, bitched about? I'm lost figuring out the other victim

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Shilpa_Fan
^ Crikey! Did I miss something? Was anyone else made to feel lonely, isloated, insulted, had racist slants, bitched about? I'm lost figuring out the other victim

I dont think there was another victim
other than jo and dan were maybe victims of their own stupidity :laugh:

Bells
27-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ash

exactly and i agree with that, she could have stooped down to gobbys level but she perserveered and was very cool headed when lots of people were being nasty to her
i still feel that bringing jade back was a big mistake and i think that if she had of never returned the whole racism thing would have never have happened because before she arrived jo and dan didnt say anything, they were simply following jade in her evil racist bullying

I agree to an extent, not too sure about Jo but Danielle perhaps. I'm sick of seeing her face on the papers though.

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ash
Originally posted by Ash

I agree to an extent, not too sure about Jo but Danielle perhaps. I'm sick of seeing her face on the papers though.

Yea, makes me want to not read the paper Lol, cant people accept that it is over and done with

S2
27-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Its simple. Shilpa has brains. She wasn't playing a game. Being mature and not stopping to a disgusting level can't be called playing a game, its called being level headed. Jade is a nasty bully, Jo, well she is nothing really, that explains herself and Dani, well all those boob jobs have finally caught on with her, or with her brain cells really. She isn't just stupid, she's stupid without a brain. You reap what you sow. Call it game playing or whatever, but Shilpa never made those girls say anything. They said it with free will. You reap what you sow

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Im not saying shilpa was playing the game by provoking gooby and that but by the way she handled it, she was very level headed but i think she knew if she reacted in this way people would feel sympathetic towards her

Bells
27-05-2007, 09:36 PM
It's not so much that I'm concerned about - it's who else could be the victim?! You have to pay for your stupid actions sometimes.

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ash
It's not so much that I'm concerned about - it's who else could be the victim?! You have to pay for your stupid actions sometimes.

exactly, as far as i am concerned they are getting what they deserved for what they did
allthough i do feel the death threats did take it a bit far

S2
27-05-2007, 09:41 PM
No, I would think that Shilpa would think, if she reacted and tried to stick up for herself then she would get more sympathy for atleast trying to stick up for herself. Anyways i'm not fussed. Shilpa is not the one who is dragging her name in this CBB race row. Its ofcom and low life like Malone who is trying to milk in on what little she can.
To each to their own.

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 09:44 PM
exactly, as far as i am concerned they are getting what they deserved for what they did allthough i do feel the death threats did take it a bit far

I agree with that 100%, the people that make threats like that need locking up and the key throwing away.

Lil-Lindz
27-05-2007, 09:51 PM
exactly, as far as i am concerned they are getting what they deserved for what they did allthough i do feel the death threats did take it a bit far

I agree with that 100%, the people that make threats like that need locking up and the key throwing away.

exactly, its not nice and to want someone to die for a few words they have said is really taking it a bit too far

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 10:26 PM

exactly, its not nice and to want someone to die for a few words they have said is really taking it a bit too far

Much to far.... that is why we have a rule about personal threats to housemates that get people instant warnings.

Scarlett.
27-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Only weirdos send death threats

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Only weirdos send death threats

Yes.... people with issues.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Jade Goody
Jo O'Meara
Danielle Lloyd
Jack Tweed
Jackiey Budden
Channel 4
Future of BB8
Housemates
Fans
& more, I'm sure.....

Scarlett.
27-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Jade Goody
Jo O'Meara
Danielle Lloyd
Jack Tweed
Jackiey Budden
Channel 4
Future of BB8
Housemates
Fans
& more, I'm sure.....

nodisharmony :angel: Endemol
The Producers of the show

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 11:06 PM

But, if Endemol had edited this offensive footage out, there would never had been any death-threats.

That's a good point:thumbs:

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Didn't Jade Goody. Jo O'Meara, Danielle Lloyd, Jack Tweed bring it on themselves?

They did what they did, they didn't have to do it.

If you bully people and get caught out you pay the price.

They are not victims they are bullies!

Simple really.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Endemol
The Producers of the show

Endemol, I missed of the list, simply because, their team of editors(moderators) did not edit out material which many, many thousand of people noticed and complained about.

Of course, there will be a much higher figure who new it was offensive, but simply never phoned at all.

So, Endemol are not the victims, they are the cause.

But Channel 4 are also responsable for broadcasting the show on their channel.

Something fishy in the water, I know:wink:

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 11:11 PM
But, if Endemol had edited this offensive footage out, there would never had been any death-threats.

May be.... but should we be denied the truth of what happened. They did what they did and there is no gettinga away from it.

The law will protect them and rightly so from such people.

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Endemol, I missed of the list, simply because, their team of editors(moderators) did not edit out material which many, many thousand of people noticed and complained about.

You could say they were victims of Gobby's and Co too.

The girls said what they said and we now have a problem. If they hadn't done what they did then things would be fine.

They are to blame.

nodisharmony
27-05-2007, 11:28 PM

You could say they were victims of Gobby's and Co too.

The girls said what they said and we now have a problem. If they hadn't done what they did then things would be fine.

They are to blame.

Well, what we have before us is this:-

(What came first, the chicken or the egg?)

If I say "Chicken", then someone else will say the "Egg"

Both are in the saying and there is no getting away from that. But Big Brother 8 is what is important, agreed:thumbs:

Red Moon
27-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes it is and too big to be spoilt by silly people saying silly things.

But they did say silly things. They were out of order. They are the main cause of any rule changes. They didn't have to do what they did. They had the choice not to be bullies. They decided to be bullies.

If they hadn't have acted they way they did then everything would be fine. You can't get away from that. They didn't t and now we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

They must take responsibility for their actions. Until they do we can have no respect for them. They can't continue to pass the blame.

spacebandit
28-05-2007, 03:06 PM

What you are suggesting is revisionism. Denying the truth to continue your agenda.

You are suggesting that it is OK for Gobby to be a manipulative racist bully as long as she doesn't get caught doing it and people get together to hide her actions and shield them from scrutiny

The equivalent is this :

someone comes up to you in the street and gives you the beating of your life

You identify the attacker, you inform the police

She denies it, and gets witnesses to say she was 50 miles away

Your attacker is never prosecuted because she re-wrote history [from the outsiders perspective]

Does that make her less guilty ?

Should she be punished ?

nodisharmony
28-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by spacebandit

What you are suggesting is revisionism.

Am I?

Denying the truth

I state the truth and state facts and very educated near facts

to continue your agenda.

My agenda in this instance is to prove to some, that Jade Goody, Jo O'Meara & Danielle Lloyd have been treated unfairly during and after CBB5

You are suggesting that it is OK for Gobby to be a manipulative racist bully

Jade Goody is not a manipulative racist bully, those are your words, not mine:rolleyes:

as long as she doesn't get caught doing it and people get together to hide her actions and shield them from scrutiny

Jade Goody was seen by many, many thousand people saying the words and comments that were construed by some as containing possible racial over-tones. We've been over this before:rolleyes: Endemol should have recognized this and edited it out. It is their job, you know:wink: Scrutiny is a dangerous word. Especially over-scrutiny:wink: Take a look at Davina McCall's interview with C.Church. Things to learn there:rolleyes:

The equivalent is this :

someone comes up to you in the street and gives you the beating of your life

You identify the attacker, you inform the police

She denies it, and gets witnesses to say she was 50 miles away

Your attacker is never prosecuted because she re-wrote history [from the outsiders perspective]

Does that make her less guilty ?

Should she be punished ?

Was there violence in CBB5...? (Try a better example, and I may be happy to accomodate, otherwise, :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Sunny_01
28-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Right I have the power to lock all of these threads and I am not afraid to use it!

The thing that everyone is choosing to forget on here is repect for each others opinions. We are all only giving opinions based on skecthy media information and coverage.

No-one can say they are talking "fact" based on this so please respect each other please!!!

Red Moon
28-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Endemol should have recognized this and edited it out. It is their job, you know:wink:

:rolleyes:

Endemol wouldn't have had anything to edit out if Gobby and Co. had kept their big mouths shut.

So you can hardly blame it on them.

nodisharmony
28-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes it is and too big to be spoilt by silly people saying silly things.

But they did say silly things. They were out of order. They are the main cause of any rule changes. They didn't have to do what they did. They had the choice not to be bullies. They decided to be bullies.

If they hadn't have acted they way they did then everything would be fine. You can't get away from that. They didn't t and now we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

They must take responsibility for their actions. Until they do we can have no respect for them. They can't continue to pass the blame.

Silly things get said in the BB house. We have all witnessed this time & time again. Arguments and strong differences of opinions. "Spoiling it" is just the aftermath which was created by the result of Endemol's showing of carefully edited down footage.

The past furore was not a bullying furore, it was a race furore.

The way they acted was very clear to see, within the carefully edited footage shown, courtesy of BB's Endemol & their wizard editing team.

No more & No less than what we see in every BB & CBB ever shown with one great exception. (Shilpa Shetty)

Jade Goody, Jo O'Meara & Danielle Lloyd won't take all of the blame and never will.

The word, "We", only applies to those who dislike or hate either or all of them. Or dislike either or all of them.

The blame has been passed onto the editing team and Ofcom have Channel 4 sorted now & Endemol have come up with a New Rule book. But there is NO absolute clarification on this as yet.

So for now, we have to just hope that the old rule book applies.

As regards to respecting other opinions, in fact, all opinions. I am certainly agreeing to that situation:thumbs:

and the Jade Gobby banner which I see, certainly points out, "Respectfully, of course:wink:", that the member I am replying to, certainly dislikes Jade Goody a lot! (Respectfully, of course:wink:)

Red Moon
28-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Silly things get said in the BB house. We have all witnessed this time & time again.

We agree.... by silly perople :wink:

The blame has been passed onto the editing team and Ofcom have Channel 4 sorted now & Endemol have come up with a New Rule book. But there is NO absolute clarification on this as yet.
:rolleyes:

Endemol wouldn't have had anything to edit out if Gobby and Co. had kept their big mouths shut.

So you can hardly blame it on them.

Glad to hear people approve of the new banner

Captain.Remy
28-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm fed up of this race row, it's over now, Shilpa said it was not racist, Jade apologised, BB8 is going to start and now, only because BB is popular and a big mistake happened, the papers enjoy of this situation.
Imagine if the same thing happened for the fight night ! That could be terrible !
I still don't like Jade but leave her alone ! Some things happened, it's like that, we can modify the past, CBB5 has been a huge success even if this success was based only on the race row.

cepb
28-05-2007, 07:42 PM
We should just move on and forget about the whole thing! :sleep:

Lemo
29-05-2007, 10:21 PM
its ofcoms fault. they stired it up.

Hey ive got an idea now

Im going to ofcom's offices and complain about jamaine calling jade effing white trash and he gets off with it have you seen anything about jamaine being racist to jade

No

Ofcom are the racist ones here.
Just because a white person has a go at a black person about oxcubes is that considered racist? No. If it is i must be very racist.

Red Moon
29-05-2007, 10:25 PM
OfCOM just did their job.

OFCOM had to answer the complaints and the there wouldn't have been any if the girls involved hadn't said anything offensive.

That fact can't be escaped from.

Lemo
29-05-2007, 10:27 PM
well how do i complain to ofcom?

nodisharmony
31-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rawr
its ofcoms fault. they stired it up.

Hey ive got an idea now

Im going to ofcom's offices and complain about jamaine calling jade effing white trash and he gets off with it have you seen anything about jamaine being racist to jade

No

Ofcom are the racist ones here.
Just because a white person has a go at a black person about oxcubes is that considered racist? No. If it is i must be very racist.

well how do i complain to ofcom?

There is "9" words which describe this situation.

The first word is "One"

&

The last word is "Us"

I do understand your feelings on this matter Rawr:sad:

But it will get nobody, anywhere by complaining. It would be a futile attempt & no one would ever listen,:sad:

Shilpa Shetty is too big & her fans are very powerful.

spacebandit
31-05-2007, 08:31 PM

But it wasn't about showing them up.

It showed them up as lowlife racist bullying scum :thumbs:

Truth will out....

nodisharmony
31-05-2007, 08:54 PM

Truth will out....

Not racist!! Just offensive:thumbs:

Racism won't be allowed on Big Brother. and I saw the CPS statement a while back:laugh:

That's the truth:wink:

spacebandit
31-05-2007, 09:05 PM

Truth will out....

Not racist!! Just offensive:thumbs:

Racism won't be allowed on Big Brother. and I saw the CPS statement a while back:laugh:

That's the truth:wink:

Racist - according to OFCOM and millions watching.
Offensive - according to OFCOM.

Thats the truth

Racists - birds of a feather flock together

nodisharmony
31-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Racist - according to OFCOM and millions watching.
Offensive - according to OFCOM.

Thats the truth

Racists - birds of a feather flock together

That was what the Apologies were about, was it??

Ofcom giving orders & Channel 4 saying, "Yes MAM"

Millions watching were seeing some very good edited footage & could easily be tricked into finding themselves realising words & comments which may have been construed to some as containing possible racial overtones

That is as far is it got!

Channel 4 News has this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0wgCOFRr4

(9 minutes 8 seconds long)

Ofcom, CH4, apologies.

45,000+ complaints

spacebandit
31-05-2007, 09:25 PM

That was what the Apologies were about, was it??

Ofcom giving orders & Channel 4 saying, "Yes MAM"

Yes, it is the law by which TV companies are governed, I know you do not like the law and think it shouldn't apply to certain people

Millions watching were seeing some very good edited footage & could easily be tricked into finding themselves realising words & comments which may have been construed to some as containing possible racial overtones

It was said and done, and that is what galls people like you, given your past its not suprising you want the racism issue glossed over, they said it, and Endemol even tried to save them by not broadcasting some of the worst examples. According to you - there should have been Goebbels level censorship, in which case we would not know what a racist bullying scumbag Gobby is - but then again, that is what you want. A painted version of your heroine - far removed from the truth about her. Only you have a problem, she is a serial bullying racist bigot , thats the truth you seek to hide

oh and by the way - you are failing miserably :pat:

nodisharmony
31-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Further clarity needed, Ha!!:pat:

Yes, it is the law by which TV companies are governed

I understand the law fully, obviously:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know you do not like the law

Don't I?:puzzled:

and think it shouldn't apply to certain people

All people, including Jade, Jo & Danielle:thumbs: But bad editing & the stupid inclusion of all this to the show must be noticed & addressed.

It was said and done, and that is what galls people like you

Words & comments which may be construed to some as containing possible racial over-tones. This is what happened & for anyone to amplify this into something far more sinister is not really paying attention:pat:

given your past its not suprising you want the racism issue glossed over

I think objectively & don't have clouded judgements. Just comment on the topic on hand, "The picture is very clear"

they said it, and Endemol even tried to save them by not broadcasting some of the worst examples.

There were serious reasons other than what you are implying. Takes a more detailed look, to realise:rolleyes:

According to you - there should have been Goebbels level censorship, in which case we would not know what a racist bullying scumbag Gobby is

Hide further offensive words & comments & limericks is made by the editor's discression. But, they didn't do enough

but then again, that is what you want. A painted version of your heroine - far removed from the truth about her.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder & don't we know it :laugh:

Only you have a problem

Do I?

she is a serial bullying racist bigot

"Serial" means, that she has been racist before??? Where does that statement come from??? She's never been a full-time racist in any BB or other show:thumbs:

thats the truth you seek to hide

Stating all kinds of angles. Nothing much hidden:wink:

oh and by the way - you are failing miserably :pat:

Oh well, :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: NOT!!!!

spacebandit
01-06-2007, 12:26 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Poor Noddy

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: