PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like at the moe?

WILDCHILD2K1
03-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Hey guyz, just wonderin what tunes you all liked lately?
I love Wills (naturally!) and I also like Shakira and Nickelback and Beverely Knight and that Bad Babysitter one is good!
What ones do you lot like?!

:colour::conf::joker::dazzler:

Janette
03-03-2002, 09:19 PM
To be honest, I'm not really that into pop music, which is probably why I like Will - he's more soul than pop.

I love the new Robbie Williams CD, Swing While You're Winning.

But my real love is good rock ballads, there's so much enthusiasm and feeling in them!

A good example is Foreigner singing "I wanna Know What Love Is" or Meatloaf singing "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad"

Not everyone's type of music, but they get me every time :spin2:

Honey
04-03-2002, 08:04 AM
Alicia Keys is gorgeous and a fantastic singer, she won loads of grammies this year. Beverly Knight's new single 'Shoulda Woulda Coulda ' is funky and she is brilliant and I love the new song by George Michael called 'Freak!' I also like The Backstreet Boys, Madonna, Anastacia, Natalie Imbruglia, Britney, Robbie and Kylie. :flower:

BigSister
04-03-2002, 03:39 PM
I like all the pop idol music thats coming out

Also I like Sclub 7 Blue Atomic Kitten in pop and I like the Filp and Fill song true love never dies.

In solo I like Robbie and Kyile

I also like the Skahira song that got to no 2 this week :dance:

Feefs
04-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Excluding anything PI, I love the Beverly Knight single too, and was thrilled Alicia Keys won so many Grammies during the week. I have her album and it is excellent - she gets so much emotion into her songs.

I liked the George Michael song when I first heard it, but now I'm not so sure. I saw the video which supposedly cost millions to make, and can't be shown in full because it's too rude. That kind of put me off. Not because I'm easily offended, but because it's getting really boring having all these videos that they know cannot be shown in full on normal pop tv. I don't know what Georgy Michael is playing at, but he's far too old for those sort of shock tactics are big and clever.

Mr Michael - they are nothing short of tacky in my book!

Even though I didn't like it at first, I've found myself strangely drawn to that Shakira song that made it to number 2. I'm wondering if they've put some kind of hypnotic tune in the counter-melody to catch me out. I do laugh every time I hear her sing these lines

Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't mistake them for mountains And how does that work exactly? I'm thinking we've lost something in the translation. :laugh:

I've also become addicted to the 'Totally Addicted to Bass' song, so went out and bought the compliation CD of the same name from Ministry of Sound. See! I am cool.:bouncy:

Honey
07-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Very Cool Feefs!! :thumbs: Especially as you like Alicia Keys. Isn't her album 'Songs in A Minor' simply stunning!? :dazzler:

:flower:

Feefs
07-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Stunning is really apt to describe it. It amazes me how worldy she seems despite being so young. She's one of those people who make me feel like a complete underachiever. Talking of which, did anyone see This is Your Life. It had the woman who one gold in the Modern Pentathalon. I started watching feeling very cynical that one so young couldn't possibly have done enough yet, gold medal or not.

Needless to say, half an hour later I was completely humbled. Gold in Sidney was a minor distraction from everything else she has done. :blush:

Being ever so slightly less cool, I've dug out my Moulin Rouge CD again. I love that film so much. Did you know Ewan was actually thinking of me when he was singing all those love songs? :love:

Honey
08-03-2002, 06:20 AM
Oh! and there I was thinking that Ewan only had eyes for moi! :laugh:

:flower:

sweetlittlesara
10-03-2002, 10:11 PM
ahhh me and my sister got that for my mum for mothers day and we have been watching it all afternoon! great film!!

Mairi
10-03-2002, 10:46 PM
At the moment my favourites are Will, Gareth, Shakira, Brittney, Kylie, Westlife and the bloke who does Hero. Not bad for a granny, eh? I often have The Box on while I'm doing the ironing!
:dazzler:

Abbyindahouse
11-03-2002, 09:30 AM
My favs are Will & S club 7 but I also like some rock music depending on the lanuage...have any of you ever heard of DC TALK? They are wicked.

Siouxsie
28-05-2005, 04:23 PM
has to be rock and loads of alice cooper

ashton
28-05-2005, 06:08 PM
babyshambles, magic numbers, fightstar, willy mason, the subways, maximo park, nine black alps etc etc..............................................

cc100
28-05-2005, 06:31 PM
fightstar?? eh??

you 'avin a laff?

Nicola
28-05-2005, 10:27 PM
My musical tastes are varied. I've been a Darius fan for about 4 and a half years now (I met my bloke around the same time as I became a fan!) and also love Robbie Williams, Will Young, Steve Brookstein and Brian McFadden. My fave female artists are Britney, Kylie, Kelly Osbourne and Beyonce. I don't have a fave band, but like McFly, Oasis, Stereophonics, Green Day and The Killers.

Generally, I listen to whatever's in the charts!

liliacqueen
29-05-2005, 03:41 PM
ilike stuff like greenday lostprophets linkin park my chemical romance system of a down etc and indie stuff such as the killers and thirteen senses.

Blink_Me
29-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Blink 182, Green Day, Box Car Racer, The Offspring, a bit of Oasis, a bit of Wheatus. I will be listening to Plus-44 in the next year or so, when they do actually release their cd.

cc100
29-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I love Oasis, beatles, Nirvana, early strereophonics, embrace

WILDCHILD
29-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Cant believe there are posts on here from 3 years ago!:conf:

BigSister
29-05-2005, 07:53 PM
like anything really but hate the crazy frog

Amy
29-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by WILDCHILD
Cant believe there are posts on here from 3 years ago!:conf:

Me either! Woah old thread! what music are you in to now WILDCHILD? I like Greenday, Snow Patrol, Faithless and loads more.

Amy
29-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
like anything really but hate the crazy frog

The crazy frog KILL IT

BigSister
29-05-2005, 09:20 PM
:laugh:Amy most bands i like are Mc fly I quite like Kaiser Chiefs and Athlete. I also like Maroon 5, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Natasha Bedingfield, Darius, Robbie, Blue(even though they have gone) Rooster G4, Steve Brookstein but also loads of others

~Broccoli~
04-06-2005, 06:46 PM
heyhey
im into kinda of rocky music like McFly Busted Rooster Greenday Good Charlotte Franz Ferdinand Kaiser cheifs weezer and blink and loads more that i cant think of lol :dance:

cc100
04-06-2005, 06:50 PM
lovin the new oasis album, apart from the terrible lyla

Slartibartfast
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't listen to much music made after 1979, the day the music died. I suppose some exceptions to that would be Metallica, Radiohead, Nirvana, Chilli Peppers and Joss Stone isn't too bad either.

Zeppelin Rule!

~Broccoli~
04-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Slartibartfast
I don't listen to much music made after 1979, the day the music died. I suppose some exceptions to that would be Metallica, Radiohead, Nirvana, Chilli Peppers and Joss Stone isn't too bad either.

Zeppelin Rule!

oooooo i like the red Hot Chilli Peppers :bouncy:

*Toffee*
05-06-2005, 01:19 AM
A bit of everything really. Green Day, Linkin Park, Eminem, 50 cent, My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand, McFly, Westlife, Robbie.

Busted (who?) :conf: :joker:

~Broccoli~
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by *Toffee*
A bit of everything really. Green Day, Linkin Park, Eminem, 50 cent, My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand, McFly, Westlife, Robbie.

Busted (who?) :conf: :joker:

BUSTED WHO????
i will pretend you didnt say that lol i love busted :spin:

Siouxsie
07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
:dance::dazzler:still Alice cooper

xxxrachelxxx2045
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
any think by robbie willames ! :thumbs::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::hello::he llo::elephant::elephant::elephant::laugh::laugh::l augh: