PDA

View Full Version : Applying to university independently?

Daniel-X
18-09-2018, 05:39 PM
So after a massive debacle with accommodation, I couldn’t go to university this year after they failed to put me in any halls of residence (tossers). Anyway, I decided to have a year out rather than go through clearing and reapply to start in September 2019 (just working for a year, probably do some travelling in the summer).

However, I don’t really know how to go about it, you need a referee for your UCAS application and obviously I’m not at college. Has anyone applied independently themselves? What’s the process and what do I do about getting a referee?

Cal.
18-09-2018, 05:47 PM
I told you to go back to your college to apply you silly tart.

Oliver_W
18-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Your form tutor or head of year (if you're just finishing school) or course leader (if you're just finishing college) should still be happy to provide a reference, you won't be the first or last to take a year out :)

UserSince2005
18-09-2018, 07:56 PM
what you going to study babes?

probably best just starting a career now

Gypsy
18-09-2018, 08:01 PM
So after a massive debacle with accommodation, I couldn’t go to university this year after they failed to put me in any halls of residence (tossers). Anyway, I decided to have a year out rather than go through clearing and reapply to start in September 2019 (just working for a year, probably do some travelling in the summer).

However, I don’t really know how to go about it, you need a referee for your UCAS application and obviously I’m not at college. Has anyone applied independently themselves? What’s the process and what do I do about getting a referee?

Just go to the college and ask the same person who did your reference this year to submit it again next year

Do you not want to go to the same uni next year? Defer your place - or is it too late?