PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race Canada 7: Premieres July 2nd 2019

Headie
11-06-2019, 02:22 PM
First three teams revealed

Valmafra
01-07-2019, 09:54 PM
https://www.straight.com/files/v3/styles/gs_large/public/images/19/06/amazingracecanada_season7.jpg

Route:

1.) Kamloops, British Columbia via Toronto
2.) Revelstoke, British Columbia (deep in the province's interior)
3.) Edmonton, Alberta
4.) Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
5.) Coombs-Nanaimo, British Columbia (on Vancouver Island)
6.) Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
7.) Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
8.) Charlevoix, Quebec
9.) Thunder Bay, Ontario
10.) Wolfville, Nova Scotia
11.) Muskoka, Ontario (Finale Location)

(That's right - it's a TARCAN1 redux, i.e. all-domestic course.)

Boot Order:

10th: Jet/Dave, Leg 1 (Kamloops, BC)
9th: Nicki/Aisha, Leg 2 (Revelstoke, BC)
8th: Gilles/Sean, Leg 3 (Edmonton, AB)
F7 NEL (Yellowknife, NT)
7th: Marie/Meaghan (Coombs-Nanaimo, BC)
F6 NEL (Saskatoon, SK)
6th: Trish/Amy (Kitchener-Waterloo, ON)
F5 NEL/TBC (Charlevoix, QC)
5th: Aarthy/Thinesh (Thunder Bay, ON)
4th: Dave/Irina (Wolfville, NS)
Finalists: Joanne/Lauren, James/Anthony, and Sarah/Sam (Muskoka, ON)

Valmafra
01-07-2019, 09:57 PM
8weGlF7k-r0

Headie
03-07-2019, 07:39 AM
Screaming @ "YES! YES! YES! I TOLD YOU! IN YOUR FACE!"

Dave & Irina might be my favourite team this season :joker:

Headie
03-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Jet & Dave going from 2nd to last because of a wrong turn :skull:

I'm kinda glad they were eliminated first though as it means it's a fresh cast for the season now.

Loving the Moms, the Indian siblings, the black girls and of course Irina & Dave after that premiere :love:

Valmafra
03-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Loving the Moms, the Indian siblings, the black girls and of course Irina & Dave after that premiere :love:

I like Aarthy/Thinesh too, but they're a dating couple.

Headie
03-07-2019, 10:39 PM
I like Aarthy/Thinesh too, but they're a dating couple.

Oh oops, think I must've been thinking about the indian siblings from a few seasons back who I also liked :laugh:

Macie Lightfoot
08-07-2019, 02:30 AM
Sometimes I think American reality television is ****e but then I watch TrashCan and see them do a Roadblock revolving around the Lion King trailer and reconsider.

That being said, this leg wasn't terrible? Makes a lot of sense when you learn that the story producer from seasons 5 and 6 left to go infect RPDR Canada :joker: The leg design was ****e and the tasks themselves were not good but the teams were fun enough to make it work? Irina was the runaway star so I'm rooting for her and Dave to aggressively compete and DOMINATE the race, never letting anyone pass them ever. Nicki and Aisha's struggles to find the Pit Stop were fun, Anthony and James seem cute, Aarthy and Thinesh hopefully are shown to be the bickering couple they promise to be, Joanne sucks, and Jet and Dave were good and fun as usual but I'm kinda glad they're gone? Seemed to be going through the motions and I'd rather get to know new teams (famous last words, hopefully the edit actually lets us get to know them this year)

Valmafra
08-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Oh oops, think I must've been thinking about the indian siblings from a few seasons back who I also liked :laugh:

Sukhi/Jinder from TARCAN2 have gotta be the greatest brother-sister team on any Amazing Race to date.

Valmafra
08-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Au contraire, the Vine girl's more Martina than Riya.

arista
08-07-2019, 08:45 AM
What if one of them Die's?

starry
13-07-2019, 11:48 PM
First leg, glad about the elimination, teams that try hard to be funny rarely are.

The second leg was much better, harder tasks. A shame a team got help at the train task instead of having to work it out for themselves. And what's with this weird obsession with express passes in this show? Would have preferred the penultimate team to survive as they could be funny.

Headie
14-07-2019, 01:47 AM
That might be a contender for one of the most boring legs in history???

A shame Nicki & Aisha were eliminated, the sisters annoy the crap outta me.

starry
14-07-2019, 06:24 AM
I don't think it was boring, all those falls on that bike course for instance. No glorified commercial like we had in the first leg.

Valmafra
14-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Like on the Vietnamese edition?

Valmafra
14-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Au contraire, the Vine girl's more Martina than Riya.

With that said, neither of the first two boots were ideal a la TAR25.

Macie Lightfoot
16-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Back from vacation and watched last week's episode and it was kinda ****e and 7/9 teams were UTR or MOR sooooo we're officially back in TrashCan on-season!

Valmafra
17-07-2019, 02:11 AM
More like, that Japanese Roadblock had more cultural relevance than all the tasks from the S31 premiere put together.

To top it off, there's the first good boot of the season!

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Lauren/Joanne One Waying a hearing impaired woman to a singing and dancing Detour really doesn't sit well with me at all, just saying that they really suck!

Valmafra
22-07-2019, 09:31 AM
As a viewer who's enjoying both Trish/Amy as well as Joanne/Lauren, it's hilarious how shook/pressed/etc. the Clubstertards are about the Lavoie Sisters simply existing.

Macie Lightfoot
24-07-2019, 09:40 PM
That episode was great? Lots of taxi craziness, Sarah having geologists teach her how to read a map and then begging them for money, Aarthy had a fun breakout, and Dave and Idina continued to be absolutely CRAZY people who I ****ing adore. They are officially inducted into my TARCan trilogy with Sukhi/Jinder and Jillian/Emmett :love:

Headie
24-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Yeah this ep was great but idk I'm still not that invested? Like I just don't care enough about it I don't think compared to other seasons/versions. Doesn't help that they still haven't been out of Canada yet (will they even?)

Dave & Irina are one of the best teams ever tho :love:

MB.
24-07-2019, 10:03 PM

This is my favourite Arista post ever

starry
25-07-2019, 04:48 AM
The best part was definitely map reading in the cold, that created the most credible drama. I'm not sure why Irina didn't at least have a go at the roadblock, but taking the 2 hour penalty when already far ahead may not have been that risky a tactic. Going away from the maps to ask for help was simultaneously clever and stupid for the different reasons shown (success at task but money problems).

Valmafra
25-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Doesn't help that they still haven't been out of Canada yet (will they even?)

Please check the route information in my first post on this thread.

Valmafra
25-07-2019, 02:02 PM
As a viewer who's enjoying both Trish/Amy as well as Joanne/Lauren, it's hilarious how shook/pressed/etc. the Clubstertards are about the Lavoie Sisters simply existing.

Three cheers for Earth Science!

Macie Lightfoot
31-07-2019, 02:10 AM
Looked at Twitter and Reddit about tonight's episode and everyone is LIVID and IRATE because Dave and Irina are bad sportsmen and cheaters and Irina called the other racers peasants and apparently Dave started a mass quit of one of the Route Markers so we owe it all to them for reviving this franchise :love:

Valmafra
31-07-2019, 02:21 AM
Certainly more interesting than the Robfather, at the very least.

starry
31-07-2019, 10:59 AM
This leg was hilarious, apart from the tedious preachiness they always stick in. The highlight was Dave sneaking around others during the cave task.

Valmafra
01-08-2019, 11:58 PM
Funny how the worst TARCAN destination/route has already produced the best characters and plotlines.

Macie Lightfoot
02-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Irina just murdered the entire casts of 5 and 6 :love:

Macie Lightfoot
03-08-2019, 07:03 PM

She's murdering the fans now too :love:

Macie Lightfoot
04-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Okay that episode was fan fiction levels of amazing hilarity and I'd prooobably rank it up there with the S1 Regina, S2 Franxs, and S4 finale? More elaborate post tomorrow bc a girl needs to sleep but Dave and Irina are totally reviving this franchise to the point where I think this is the season of the summer for me? I'm enjoying it more than Survivor SA I think honestly.

Macie Lightfoot
04-08-2019, 08:24 PM
In Leg 5 of The Amazing Race Canada 7, Dave and Irina...

1) bragged about using the Express Pass last leg bc Irina didn't want to swim in ice water, infuriating every other team.
2) wanted to quit bc their cab at the start of the leg was too slow.
3) spent the seaplane ride stressing out over being in last place rather than giving the stock OTTP confessional every other team gave.
4) stressed over a bungee jumping memory Route Marker but aced it on their first attempt.
5) arrived at the clam digging Route Marker only for Irina to not even pick up a shovel and brag about Dave doing all the work.
6) quit the clam digging Route Marker, prompting literally every other team to form a coalition to work together and finish to eliminate them. This grew even more hilarious as three of the six teams in the coalition also quit because the Route Marker was seemingly impossible.
7) struggled at the Roadblock to the point where Dave refused to go back into the cave to find his missing letter and opted to sneak up two other teams to try to cheat off of them.
8) actually cheating when his earlier attempt was unsuccessful, literally stealing Trish's answer off of her board and then erasing it.
9) claimed that it's "war time" because the other teams are all trying to eliminate them for being big threats despite the fact that Aarthy and Thinesh have an equally impressive track record.
10) played with the goats at the Pit Stop when waiting out said penalty because no other team wanted to talk to them.
11) called the other teams peasants within earshot of them while waiting out said penalty.
12) looked directly in the camera and mocked the penalty-taking teams all crying over Meaghan and Marie's elimination.

Like...... it might have actually been worth it for us to suffer through the lows of the last two seasons because TARCan is RISING like a phoenix thanks to these two hypercompetitive, antagonistic, neurotic, off-putting, cocky egomaniacs. I don't want to be too hyperbolic and reactionary and call them the best team of all time, but they are top three at minimum with Sukhi/Jinder and Jillian/Emmett.

Headie
04-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Dave & Irina should be on every season :love:

MB.
04-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I *will* be watching this season (with little prior knowledge of TARCan other than that Jemmett did it) in the near... ish... future!

Macie Lightfoot
04-08-2019, 08:33 PM
I *will* be watching this season (with little prior knowledge of TARCan other than that Jemmett did it) in the near... ish... future!

Fantastic :love: the cast is actually pretty fun in their own right, but Dave and Irina just elevate it to suuuuuch a higher level because it's been so long since we've had a team that is remotely villainous on this show, and they take it to a whole new level to the point where the others racers and Reddit and Twitter and Facebook all collectively detest them. After the obnoxious MORP lovefests that we suffered through for the last two years, it's just so refreshing to have actual content other than "there's so much we can do in beautiful Canada!" even though they have clearly run out of things to do to the point where there are challenges centered around the Lion King and the Dora the Explorer movie.

Also next week looks like we're at least going to get some good airport drama. I had to go back and rewatch Irina mimicking Aarthy to her face sooooo many times because I could not stop laughing :love:

Valmafra
04-08-2019, 11:50 PM

Friendly reminder to have the same mindset while watching Family Edition.

Valmafra
08-08-2019, 05:52 PM
oPqeC0Ok5Ks

starry
28-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Dave and Irina are still making this worth watching, a good antidote to the whole 'we make Canadians proud' mantra.

Valmafra
28-08-2019, 10:29 PM
No Finnish Roadblock at the Hoito resto? ****ing TBCs...

Macie Lightfoot
01-09-2019, 04:20 AM
Okay that last leg design was atrocious and it feels like we're back in the Trash Can era but at least there are only two episodes left?

Also in sadder news, Kenneth of TARCan5 died in a freak hiking accident. He was annoying as hell on the show but RIP x

Valmafra
01-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Correction: happier.

starry
04-09-2019, 12:27 PM
So the season ended with an unbalanced detour, some car adverts, an easy singing task, and a pit stop which everyone asked knew the location of.

Valmafra
04-09-2019, 05:48 PM
More like, the taster Roadblock was a good opening for the best penultimate episode since the fourth season.

Macie Lightfoot
14-09-2019, 08:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2UrsBUo.png

so guys guess which team was the best

MB.
14-09-2019, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised no one got run over this season considering how many teams ran the race firmly in the middle of the road

Macie Lightfoot
14-09-2019, 09:16 PM
We haven't had a complex team overall since season four, which is part of the reason why TARCan is also known as ~TrashCan~

Valmafra
15-09-2019, 04:29 AM
The amorality of Joel/Ashley stays unchallenged, yes.

Macie Lightfoot
16-09-2019, 04:06 AM
https://www.narcity.com/gossip/ca/amazing-race-canadas-finale-dave-and-irina-received-death-threats

:love:

Valmafra
16-09-2019, 07:59 AM
I'm surprised no one got run over this season considering how many teams ran the race firmly in the middle of the road

Speaking of which, how's the TARCAN watch going?