PDA

View Full Version : Help in finding old newspaper

Mairi
10-03-2002, 06:42 PM
I would be so grateful if ANYONE out there could help me locate a copy of the Telegraph newspaper from 1967. I have a feeling that there is somewhere you can buy old newspapers but I've no idea where to start looking or whether they keep copies from that far back.
:conf::conf::conf::conf::conf:

LEE
10-03-2002, 08:13 PM
I know they keep copies of old newspapers at the British Library, but I don't have a contact number for them - it should be easy enough to find though.

Also, have you tried contacting the Telegraph themselves, they may very well keep records of old issues, in fact I'm sure they do, I jusy don't know how far back these would go.

Hope this helps.

:flower:

Mairi
10-03-2002, 08:43 PM
I did try the Telegraph but old copies only go back 5 years. Will try the British Library though. Thanks.
:thumbs:

LEE
11-03-2002, 08:56 AM
I thought this looked useful Miriam.

http://www.bygonenews.com/old-newspapers.htm

peachy
11-03-2002, 01:10 PM
The place you need to contact is Collindale Newspaper library it is part of the British Library. I have been there but it's many years ago. They keep every edition of every newspaper written in English there. The address is British library Newspaper Library, Collindale Avenue, London NW9 5HB, email: newspaper@bl.uk
Good hunting!

Mairi
11-03-2002, 07:31 PM
What nice people you all are. Thank you so much.
:xyxwave: