PDA

View Full Version : IKEA

Jessica.
26-07-2020, 01:32 PM
We've just ordered from IKEA for the first time, the stuff should be arriving on Thursday, just wondering what you guys think of the furniture from there and if anyone has the Songesand bed? :hee:

Marsh.
26-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Their office furniture is pretty great. Lots of bits you can configure in a way that suits you.

Not tried the home furniture from them though.

Jessica.
26-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Their office furniture is pretty great. Lots of bits you can configure in a way that suits you.

Not tried the home furniture from them though.

I've been on the hunt for a good desk with storage, I looked at the options from IKEA but I don't really love what I've seen. I would like to have a tray for the keyboard and mouse instead of putting them on the desk too, which doesn't seem to be an option for the desks in IKEA

Kizzy
26-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Love love love ikea.. I just ordered a hovag mattress and getting a room divider too think it's the expedit.
Going to make a living wall in the living room :)

Marsh.
26-07-2020, 01:40 PM
I've been on the hunt for a good desk with storage, I looked at the options from IKEA but I don't really love what I've seen. I would like to have a tray for the keyboard and mouse instead of putting them on the desk too, which doesn't seem to be an option for the desks in IKEA

https://media.tenor.com/images/265f45d3bea6013fb6c30f56c9ef9460/tenor.gif

Marsh.
26-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Love love love ikea.. I just ordered a hovag mattress and getting a room divider too think it's the expedit.
Going to make a living wall in the living room :)

Are you getting the full floor to ceiling one?

A friend has this dividing their kitchen and diner area with ornaments and things on.

It looks great but a bugger to dust. :joker:

Josy
26-07-2020, 01:49 PM
The furniture is long lasting and sturdy imo

We have 2 kallax, 2 large double malms, 1 single 3 drawer malm 2 bedside cabinets and the glass tops for all, and then my computer desk/corner unit too all are decent quality imo

All my other furniture is from wayfair though and the quality from there is top notch

Kizzy
26-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Are you getting the full floor to ceiling one?

A friend has this dividing their kitchen and diner area with ornaments and things on.

It looks great but a bugger to dust. :joker:

Yep 182x182 it's going to look ace with lots of traily plants on ...if I manage to keep them alive, not that good with plants usually except cacti :laugh:

Kizzy
26-07-2020, 01:57 PM
The furniture is long lasting and sturdy imo

We have 2 kallax, 2 large double malms, 1 single 3 drawer malm 2 bedside cabinets and the glass tops for all, and then my computer desk/corner unit too all are decent quality imo

All my other furniture is from wayfair though and the quality from there is top notch
My son has a 5ft kallax preferred that to the expedit it's chunkier, I painted it a nice mossy green to display his pop vinyls ( I hate those things lol)

Captain.Remy
26-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Do not go there as a couple, go by yourself. That's the only advice I can give you and from many couples I know too :laugh:

Arguments over candles, lights etc EVERY TIME. You're supposed to do a quick "get in get out" but you spend 4 hours in there and want to kill your partner at the end of it.

And eat the meat balls too.

Josy
26-07-2020, 02:00 PM
My son has a 5ft kallax preferred that to the expedit it's chunkier, I painted it a nice mossy green to display his pop vinyls ( I hate those things lol)I always thought the expedit was discontinued and the kallax was the newer improved version of the same thing

My husband has customised one of ours with remote control mood lighting attached to the back I actually love it lol