PDA

View Full Version : "Must Plays" of the current gen?

Toy Soldier
28-07-2020, 10:20 PM
Off the back of the "there's not many games coming out and Covid will have delayed others" thread, and the idea that it would be a good time to "catch up" on any unfinished or missed gems of the current gen before they become outdated...

...what games would you put on that list? For yourself (games you're interested in but never got around to) and for others (less obvious titles that might have slipped through the net).

My most obvious for "need to finish" is The Witcher 3... I have nearly 100h played, restarted 3 times, but I've never finished it :umm2:. I also never finished FFXV and I was literally right at the end, it can't have more than an hour left to play, but I just never got round to it :think:.

Smithy
28-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Red Dead 2

Shaun
29-07-2020, 04:28 AM
this could be valuable for me, since I have a habit of adding PS+ games to my library and never downloading them.

Of the (very few) ones I played, Marvel's Spider-Man was great... I really enjoyed SW Battlefront 2 but I guess I'm in the minority there :unsure: (I mean I loved Fallout 4 and ME: Andromeda too, so maybe I'm easily pleased). Red Dead 2 is definitely worth a shout; I never finished it, and begrudged the cheek of it to demand a quarter of my whole damn storage, but it was gorgeous.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
29-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Red dead 2
Persona 5
God of war
TLOU 1 + 2
The witcher
Nier automata
Dragon age inquisition
Horizon zero dawn
Dishonoured 2 + death of the outsider
Doom + doom eternal
Wolfenstein 2
Fallout 4
Ni no kuni 2 revenant kingdom
Resident evil 7
Dragon quest 11
Ratchet and clank

Doogle
29-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Persona 5 Royal
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Nier Automata
Dragon Quest 11 S (available on all platforms now but the extra content is worth it)
Crash Bandicoot 4 (it’s not out yet but Idc it counts)
Ghost of Tsushima

Mystic Mock
01-08-2020, 10:43 AM
The Witcher 3 as I've seen my Brother play it, but I've not played it myself and I did like it at the time (minus Triss of course) so I would definitely give that ago at some point.

Pereona 5 I will be playing as one of my next Games.

And I've always been interested in the Spider-Man Video Game.

Mystic Mock
01-08-2020, 10:46 AM
this could be valuable for me, since I have a habit of adding PS+ games to my library and never downloading them.

Of the (very few) ones I played, Marvel's Spider-Man was great... I really enjoyed SW Battlefront 2 but I guess I'm in the minority there :unsure: (I mean I loved Fallout 4 and ME: Andromeda too, so maybe I'm easily pleased). Red Dead 2 is definitely worth a shout; I never finished it, and begrudged the cheek of it to demand a quarter of my whole damn storage, but it was gorgeous.

ME: Andromeda is one of my favourite PS4 Games so maybe I'm easily pleased as well.:joker:

Smithy
01-08-2020, 11:01 AM

Battlefront 2 was good, but the campaign was far too short

Toy Soldier
01-08-2020, 07:29 PM
The Witcher 3 as I've seen my Brother play it, but I've not played it myself and I did like it at the time (minus Triss of course) so I would definitely give that ago at some point.

Pereona 5 I will be playing as one of my next Games.

And I've always been interested in the Spider-Man Video Game.

All excellent choices I would say. Persona 5 took me a long time to get through (3+ months :umm2: ) but was certainly worth it.

ME: Andromeda is one of my favourite PS4 Games so maybe I'm easily pleased as well.:joker:

Not as good a choice IMO :worry:. I don't think it was as bad as some people made out, but it was a huge disappointment after the original Mass Effect trilogy. It just didn't measure up at all.

Black Dagger
01-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Detroit Become Human

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
01-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Detroit Become Human

hYZBjJuD--k

Black Dagger
01-08-2020, 09:44 PM
hYZBjJuD--k

It's critically acclaimed fag.

Mystic Mock
06-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Detroit Become Human

I forgot to mention this, it always looks fantastic when I've seen it.

Mystic Mock
06-08-2020, 08:53 AM
All excellent choices I would say. Persona 5 took me a long time to get through (3+ months :umm2: ) but was certainly worth it.

Not as good a choice IMO :worry:. I don't think it was as bad as some people made out, but it was a huge disappointment after the original Mass Effect trilogy. It just didn't measure up at all.

Well for me I played SMT: Lucifer's Call a couple of years ago which I loved from the same company that's made Persona 5 so I'm interested to see if it's as good as SMT: Lucifer's Call.

And is Persona 5 really difficult then? Because I remember Lucifer's Call being a son of a bitch once you get to the Matador boss and it never lets up.:joker:

And I've still not got around to playing the Mass Effect trilogy, but I did find exploring the Andromeda Galaxy a lot of fun to do.

Tom4784
06-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Persona 5
Resident Evil 2
The Last Of Us 2 - I have my issues with the story but it's foolish to deny that it's a must play.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Uncharted 4
God of War
Bloodstained - It's a small game but I can't undersell how much I adored it. It's just an almost perfect tribute to one of the greatest games of all time.

I'll probably remember more at some point.

parmnion
06-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Anything fable orientated

Toy Soldier
07-08-2020, 11:17 PM
I never actually played Uncharted 4 - I have it (bought digital at full price on release :facepalm: ) but have never even installed it. I think something else sidetracked me at the time and I never got round to it. Though I remember absolutely hating the gunplay in UC3 so that puts me off a bit. Humans with bulletsponge heads. Totally immersion-breaking for me. Is UC4 any better?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
08-08-2020, 12:08 AM
I enjoyed the lost legacy most out of all the uncharted games (yes bc it has a female lead)

Toy Soldier
08-08-2020, 12:12 AM
I enjoyed the lost legacy most out of all the uncharted games (yes bc it has a female lead):nono: I want to know whether or not the baddies die when you shoot them in the face tho.

Spongey bad guys is bad in general but I just can't handle headshot sponginess. If I shoot a soft, unarmoured face then I wanna see brains goddammit.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
08-08-2020, 12:16 AM
As far as i can remember the gunplay is the same in 4 as the first three games :cat: