PDA

View Full Version : How often do you visit your local pub.?

Redway
31-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Every evening after work or can you go months without?

LeatherTrumpet
31-08-2020, 05:06 PM
never

we have a greene king thing down the road and we go there (or did) to eat a few times a year

never to a pub unless im away with the boys playing golf and then its every day

Redway
31-08-2020, 05:16 PM
And what is it exactly you do for fun?

LeatherTrumpet
31-08-2020, 05:17 PM

I have a partner, thanks

Redway
31-08-2020, 05:18 PM
I’m just envisioning how much fun you must be at parties.

LeatherTrumpet
31-08-2020, 05:23 PM
I’m just envisioning how much fun you must be at parties.

Do people go to "parties" nowadays?

Get with the times Redway:hehe:

JerseyWins
31-08-2020, 05:46 PM
I'm not too sure what a pub even is, like some places around here do call itself a "pub" but I just kinda assume it's literally a bar, but maybe a bit more dine-in-like. Is that it?

Anyway I don't go to any local pubs/bars very often. Usually switch it up & go to other cities in the area. Pre-covid; I still haven't bothered since then yet

LeatherTrumpet
31-08-2020, 06:00 PM
I'm not too sure what a pub even is, like some places around here do call itself a "pub" but I just kinda assume it's literally a bar, but maybe a bit more dine-in-like. Is that it?

Anyway I don't go to any local pubs/bars very often. Usually switch it up & go to other cities in the area. Pre-covid; I still haven't bothered since then yet

This is a pub. NO food only crisps and peanuts, maybe a jukebox and a fruit machine (one armed bandit or puggy if you are Scottish). Bare bleak and designed for drinking

sr2yUHWI018

Cal.
31-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Used to be 6 times a week at one point when I worked in one :p

Before covid I probably drank in my local like once a fortnight on average

MTVN
31-08-2020, 06:03 PM

Not necessarily, you get a lot of variety in pubs but they are basically the same as bars its just that they're often housed in really old buildings so maybe look a bit more 'traditional'. A lot of pubs have gone more dine in now to make more money which are sometimes called gastropubs but there's still a lot that are pretty basic drinking places, quite similar to dive bars over there

MTVN
31-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Go to my local probably about three times a week, it only just reopened this weekend actually so that was nice seeing a lot of the faces again that I only really know through the pub

joeysteele
31-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Never.

ONLY odd time I go into them was if on holiday I'd go into like country pubs now and then.
Otherwise, never really.

Not even for family occasions.

At present though, definitely not even more.

Redway
31-08-2020, 06:14 PM

Short for public house. All they are are antique drinking establishments. Wetherspoons is the name of one of the more popular brands that offer food.

Josy
31-08-2020, 06:25 PM
I don't

Its literally a house converted to a pub, the lounge is an old living room and its tiny.

Redway
31-08-2020, 06:35 PM
I feel that way about regular pubs but the more food-orientated ones (Wetherspoons and chain pubs) aren’t half-bad.

Niamh.
31-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Rarely, we only ever went to the pub to watch a Liverpool match or the rugby if Ireland was playing

michael21
31-08-2020, 06:38 PM
I feel that way about regular pubs but the more food-orientated ones (Wetherspoons and hotel pubs) aren’t half-bad.

In theses times most are not going to pubs

#washyourhands

#wearamask

#beatcovid19

Redway
31-08-2020, 06:39 PM
In theses times most are not going to pubs

#washyourhands

#wearamask

#beatcovid19

I think you’ll find most are.

Dogeatdog
31-08-2020, 08:20 PM
In my area their used to be 6 pubs and now there is only 1 left (and out of all of them it was the worst one). I never go in there, I just head to other towns near me and find a different pub or Wetherspoons.

Cherie
31-08-2020, 08:21 PM

I have a partner, thanks

:joker:

reece(:
31-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Few times a week.

Babayaro.
31-08-2020, 08:43 PM
I don't even think I have a local pub

I guess weatherspoons is the closest so it's that by default, but I rarely go there.

Glenn.
31-08-2020, 08:54 PM
My local is an absolute ****hole so never

Daniel-X
02-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Like once a week atm while the weather is good but it’ll start being less when it’s not beer garden weather.

Amy Jade
02-09-2020, 09:39 PM
Never. I'm not being snotty at all but it's dead grim in there.