PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate - More a Woman thing?

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:25 PM
I only know a couple of guys who care for Chocolate, yet every female friend and female family member love the stuff!

Poll coming

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2020, 04:27 PM
i eat chocolate every day at lunch i love it and the TL loves it too.

i eat a twirl but i also like a fruit and nut or just a cadburys bar

Ammi
04-09-2020, 04:28 PM
...I’m not a huge chocolate fan, I have to say...there are occasions when it’s something that I really feel like having, but those occasions are very rare.../...I do like cake, though.../...homemade cake, it has to be...:flutter:...that’s my calorie kryptonite...

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:30 PM
I really can't stand chocolate :umm2:

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2020, 04:35 PM
I really can't stand chocolate :umm2:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Message:

Member says he does not like chocolate, please infract and ban (7 day should do it)

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts of if someone days they dont like chocolate..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:36 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Message:

Member says he does not like chocolate, please infract and ban (7 day should do it)

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts of if someone days they dont like chocolate..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO :joker:

caprimint
04-09-2020, 04:37 PM
How can any food appeal more to one specific gender? :skull:

Honestly just sounds really dumb to me

I like chocolate but eh... I'd only choose it if it was WHITE chocolate

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Superdrug to fume?

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
How can any food appeal more to one specific gender? :skull:

Honestly just sounds really dumb to me

I like chocolate but eh... I'd only choose it if it was WHITE chocolate

Other than the Yorkie Bar, nearly all Chocolate is usually marketed to woman. Well it was, not sure now. Remember the woman in the bath having an orgasm as she nibbled on a Flake?

caprimint
04-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Other than the Yorkie Bar, nearly all Chocolate is usually marketed to woman. Well it was, not sure now. Remember the woman in the bath having an orgasm as she nibbled on a Flake?
WHAT :skull:

I've literally never seen any advert for about 10 years, so not sure about that

The Yorkie bar one was so ****ing dumb lol

Ammi
04-09-2020, 04:43 PM

...but surely that would have been a time when most advertising was aimed at females because females were the most likely to have been the ones to be the product buyers, back in the day...

Ammi
04-09-2020, 04:45 PM
...I have so many male friends who have such a love of chocolate...and in the staff room at work, it was generally the males who would be eating any chocolates brought in or given...

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:45 PM
...but surely that would have been a time when most advertising was aimed at females because females were the most likely to have been the ones to be the product buyers, back in the day...

Yeah could be right there.

caprimint
04-09-2020, 04:46 PM
It's just really unfortunate tbh that ANYTHING aimed at males people are like "ugh this is so sexist" and when anything is aimed at females they're like "YES QUEEN! FEMINISM!"

It literally happens with everything nowadays and it's AWFUL :yuk:

Ammi
04-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Yeah could be right there.

...interesting probably is that I would say that males would have made the decisions in advertising/marketing/targeting etc and they would have decided that their consumer ‘audience’ would most likely have been female...

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:50 PM
...interesting probably is that I would say that males would have made the decisions in advertising/marketing/targeting etc and they would have decided that their consumer ‘audience’ would most likely have been female...

Yeah that's a very good point actually.

Niamh.
04-09-2020, 04:50 PM
I'm more of a savoury snacker myself

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:51 PM
The Lady Likes Milktray = Hey men, treat your woman, it wont cost you much, and the ladies love chocolate etc haha..

Swan
04-09-2020, 04:52 PM

Same..

Ammi
04-09-2020, 04:57 PM
...it was the males who brought chocolate to the U.K./Europe right back in the day...maybe because they couldn’t live without it when they were off exploring....:laugh:...and they did their Mrs Doyle’s on the females of the day...g’wan, g’wan, g’wan, you’ll just have a little bit, won’t you....

...oh, okay then...if you insist...men, eh...:wink:...

Swan
04-09-2020, 05:01 PM
...it was the males who brought chocolate to the U.K./Europe right back in the day...maybe because they couldn’t live without it when they were off exploring....:laugh:...and they did their Mrs Doyle’s on the females of the day...g’wan, g’wan, g’wan, you’ll just have a little bit, won’t you....

...oh, okay then...if you insist...men, eh...:wink:...

Oh i remember that, they even made an in joke on one of the episodes IIRC :joker:

AnnieK
04-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Me too.....I will eat chocolate if I'm offered one but I wouldn't go and buy a bar. Although when I was on maternity leave with my son I used to go for a walk every day (he would only sleep during the day if I was walking with him) and I used to go to the shop and buy a chocolate bar (for sugar energy to beat the sleep deprivation) and a scratch card.....when I went back to work I realised why I was skint and not lost all the baby weight :laugh:

Ammi
04-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Me too.....I will eat chocolate if I'm offered one but I wouldn't go and buy a bar. Although when I was on maternity leave with my son I used to go for a walk every day (he would only sleep during the day if I was walking with him) and I used to go to the shop and buy a chocolate bar (for sugar energy to beat the sleep deprivation) and a scratch card.....when I went back to work I realised why I was skint and not lost all the baby weight :laugh:

...ughhhh, those scratch cards were a nightmare for post baby weight, Annie...

UserSince2005
04-09-2020, 05:09 PM
I think women are probably more likely to spend money on expensive chocolate, men love chocolate also though

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2020, 05:59 PM
one word

Green and Blacks

Redway
04-09-2020, 09:05 PM
A hundred years ago women weren’t renowned for being wine connoisseurs but that’s changed drastically. Some things aren’t about gender.

Swan
04-09-2020, 09:16 PM
A hundred years ago women weren’t renowned for being wine connoisseurs but that’s changed drastically. Some things aren’t about gender.

Just a lighthearted thread :dance:

MTVN
04-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Yeah I'd say it is 'bigger' for women than men, same as cakes and ice cream

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Lol

Marsh.
04-09-2020, 09:55 PM
"I don't really like chocolate but my female family members quite like it, therefore I deduce that chocolate is for girls"

:joker:

parmnion
04-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Salty balls.

Jessica.
05-09-2020, 01:56 PM
My boyfriend eats more chocolate than I do, ridiculous assumption.

Swan
05-09-2020, 02:24 PM
My boyfriend eats more chocolate than I do, ridiculous assumption.

It's not that ridiculous, there have been tons of studies about a woman's relationship with chocolate.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/cravings/201410/women-and-chocolate

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/chocolate-craving-pms-men-vegetables_n_6102714

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/women-crave-chocolate-periods-why-reason-dietitian-hormone-imbalance-serotonin-cortisol-psychological-a8161896.html

Strictly Jake
05-09-2020, 05:22 PM
I cant understand anyone that doesnt like chocolate. Unless its an allergy thing. Although dark chocolate is rank

LeatherTrumpet
05-09-2020, 05:24 PM
i cant understand anyone that doesnt like chocolate. Unless its an allergy thing. Although dark chocolate is rank

have you tried the cadburys half milk have dark chocolate?

Its lush

Strictly Jake
05-09-2020, 05:26 PM
have you tried the cadburys half milk have dark chocolate?

Its lush

I had one last week that had all three. White Milk and Dark and yes it was really nice! But dark on its own is too bitter

LeatherTrumpet
05-09-2020, 05:30 PM
i had one last week that had all three. White milk and dark and yes it was really nice! But dark on its own is too bitter

yep i am with you on that