PDA

View Full Version : When are your Xmas decorations going up?

Smithy
10-11-2020, 11:47 AM
Walked past a few houses before and some already have their trees up :o

I think everyone’s just trying to cheer themselves up but anyway, when are yall putting your decs up? :pipe:

arista
10-11-2020, 11:53 AM
It is November
you are young Smithy

This is what old folks do

Cherie
10-11-2020, 11:53 AM
walking doggie yesterday one house had them up, not until 1st December here

Glenn.
10-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Mine are going up at the end of the month ready for December 1st

Cherie
10-11-2020, 12:09 PM
oh the 1st is a Tuesday so weekend of 28/29

Smithy
10-11-2020, 12:12 PM
It is November
you are young Smithy

This is what old folks do

I know bitch but I’m just asking when other people are putting them up!

Ammi
10-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Walked past a few houses before and some already have their trees up :o

I think everyone’s just trying to cheer themselves up but anyway, when are yall putting your decs up? :pipe:

...yeah, I know someone who have theirs up as well...because why not, I guess...?...they sent pics through yesterday and they all look gorgeous and very inviting to do mine...:laugh:..I’ll wait a few weeks, though...

arista
10-11-2020, 12:34 PM
I know bitch but I’m just asking when other people are putting them up!

OK
Sly Smithy

Nicky91
10-11-2020, 12:34 PM
me and my parents are putting christmas decorations up next week, i had liked that last year too, few days before my birthday :love:

Captain.Remy
10-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Already up since Sunday and I'm not sorry about it :joker: We need some joy in this miserable year, so we put everything up already.
And this year it's all gold, it looks gay af :laugh:

Ammi
10-11-2020, 12:42 PM
...Remy and his husband putting the gay into France...:lovedup:...first Christmas as a married couple as well, gorgeous...:flutter:..

Captain.Remy
10-11-2020, 01:18 PM
...Remy and his husband putting the gay into France...:lovedup:...first Christmas as a married couple as well, gorgeous...:flutter:..

We sure did! We even think of decorating the hallway of our building because every year the straights do it and it looks like a mess and not coherent (who the hell puts up silver, green and orange decorations together on green plants??).

Oh honey, they're about to experience the gayest Christmas ever in this building :joker:
I also want "All I want for Christmas is You" to start playing whenever someone enters the building. We have to attend the annual landlords' meeting next week, we're going to make it work! :laugh:

Niamh.
10-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Yeah I see lots of people putting them up early to try and cheer themselves up, I'm still going to wait until probably the 1st weekend in December

Niamh.
10-11-2020, 01:20 PM
We sure did! We even think of decorating the hallway of our building because every year the straights do it and it looks like a mess and not coherent (who the hell puts up silver, green and orange decorations together on green plants??).

Oh honey, they're about to experience the gayest Christmas ever in this building :joker:
I also want "All I want for Christmas is You" to start playing whenever someone enters the building. We have to attend the annual landlords' meeting next week, we're going to make it work! :laugh:

That sounds amazing :amazed:

Also, how was your wedding Day?

Ammi
10-11-2020, 01:28 PM

...just a little early Christmas gift for your new family and to add to your Christmas vibes and feels atm...:love:...

tl57Gy5X_Kg

smudgie
10-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Xmas films being watched, mince pies and xmas cake being eaten, next step must be the decorations.
Maybe in about a fortnight.
Would be good for all the kids to go for a festive walk spotting all the decorations.

LeatherTrumpet
10-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Tuesday 1st December

when i can finally have a drink again

:amazed:

Captain.Remy
10-11-2020, 01:49 PM
...just a little early Christmas gift for your new family and to add to your Christmas vibes and feels atm...:love:...

tl57Gy5X_Kg

Aww thanks! :love:

The Slim Reaper
10-11-2020, 01:50 PM
I don't put no damn decorations up. :fist:

LeatherTrumpet
10-11-2020, 01:52 PM
The TL has now officially bought all her presents and wrapped them all

LeatherTrumpet
10-11-2020, 01:53 PM
i wont start mine till december

LeatherTrumpet
10-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Pure Radio in Scotland started playing xmas songs Nov one. As i type the Pogues one is on

Cherie
10-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Tuesday 1st December

when i can finally have a drink again

:amazed:

Slainte :dance:

Smithy
10-11-2020, 02:12 PM

tl57Gy5X_Kg

Saw this yesterday and cried skskksks it’s been an emotional lockdown

arista
10-11-2020, 02:21 PM
I don't put no damn decorations up. :fist:

You are most Wise

Ammi
10-11-2020, 02:40 PM
Saw this yesterday and cried skskksks it’s been an emotional lockdown

...yeah, I cried as well...it doesn’t seem to take that much atm with anything family/friends associated...I cried around 3 seconds in, because the music sounded a bit like Moon River...but it wasn’t...Channel 5 are also showing their Christmas movies now as well and they’re so deliciously weepy also...</3...yeah, it’s been an emotional year like never before...

Captain.Remy
10-11-2020, 02:46 PM
That sounds amazing :amazed:

Also, how was your wedding Day?

It was Christmas before Christmas :blush:
We had a great time despite the restrictions regarding the number of guests. But we made it work, it was very lovely, the weather was amazing, nothing went wrong. The day went so fast but we had time to enjoy everything and we did organize a brunch the next day so everybody could come and get over the hangover :laugh:
And then we slept for 20 hours after it was all over :joker:

Now we just hope our honeymoon in New Zealand will be possible next March, but fingers crossed it will all go well!

Denver
10-11-2020, 02:47 PM
This weekend

Niamh.
10-11-2020, 02:48 PM
It was Christmas before Christmas :blush:
We had a great time despite the restrictions regarding the number of guests. But we made it work, it was very lovely, the weather was amazing, nothing went wrong. The day went so fast but we had time to enjoy everything and we did organize a brunch the next day so everybody could come and get over the hangover :laugh:
And then we slept for 20 hours after it was all over :joker:

Now we juste hope our honeymoon in New Zealand will be possible next March, but fingers crossed it will all go well!

Ah sounds brilliant Remy :love:

Fingers crossed you can travel in March, my son is supposed to be going on a school trip to Italy in March too, so :fc:

Captain.Remy
10-11-2020, 02:51 PM
You are most Wise

Come on arista. Don't pretend you don't put some Christmas decorations up which are nothing but empty Spam cans and cigarettes butts tied around a tree made of old Daily Mirror newspapers.:spin::spin:

arista
10-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Come on arista. Don't pretend you don't put some Christmas decorations up which are nothing but empty Spam cans and cigarettes butts tied around a tree made of old Daily Mirror newspapers.:spin::spin:

No time for Decorations.

Mitchell
10-11-2020, 03:23 PM
A week ago :p

Josy
10-11-2020, 03:26 PM
Lots round me already have theirs up a few saying it's been a **** year so it cheers us up etc

Ours will be going up on the 1st of December or the nearest weekend to it like always.

I feel sorry actually for the young kids who's parents have then up now it must feel like forever to them actually waiting for santa

Cherie
10-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Just noticed one of our neighbours has Christmas lights on their windows but they are Sikhs so that will be for Diwali

Gusto Brunt
18-11-2020, 07:04 PM
They're not going up. They didn't last year. :p

Calderyon
18-11-2020, 07:13 PM
A few days before.

joeysteele
18-11-2020, 07:40 PM
I'm doing it over this week.
My Mum needs cheering up.
This is a crazy really tense year.

So anything that helps lift any gloom will be welcome.

It's only about 2 weeks earlier anyway.
Christmas itself will be difficult with maybe no or very limited human contact for My Mum and myself and for the Cousin who lives with us.
Seeing maybe none of the rest of our family.

So this week is brighten all up as much as possible.
For all of us.

Ammi
18-11-2020, 08:13 PM
I'm doing it over this week.
My Mum needs cheering up.
This is a crazy really tense year.

So anything that helps lift any gloom will be welcome.

It's only about 2 weeks earlier anyway.
Christmas itself will be difficult with maybe no or very limited human contact for My Mum and myself and for the Cousin who lives with us.
Seeing maybe none of the rest of our family.

So this week is brighten all up as much as possible.
For all of us.

...:love:....

AnnieK
18-11-2020, 09:37 PM
Loads of people I know have done theirs already. Its too soon for me, as much as I love christmas, if they're up for too long they start to annoy me. I usually get them up around the 15th ish and then they absolutely have to be down before New Year. So same as for this year