PDA

View Full Version : If You lived in the USA would you have a gun?

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Would you?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NINTCHDBPICT000514538193.jpg?w=620

https://www.al.com/resizer/SiBiGDBLWEtO5FA6ixp0Hotafc4=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/expo.advance.net/img/f1e3d10787/width2048/c87_20handguns2019panel.jpeg

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Definitely not

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Just one?

Nicky91
12-11-2020, 09:32 AM
No

The Slim Reaper
12-11-2020, 09:37 AM
You're far more likely to be killed as a gunowner, either via accident or intent, than you would ever be to use the gun for self defence.

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 09:41 AM
I would have a Ruger LCP. 10 rounds in the magazine. I would also train to use it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Asm4eUcLzkY/maxresdefault.jpg

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 09:41 AM
You're far more likely to be killed as a gunowner, either via accident or intent, than you would ever be to use the gun for self defence.

Not to mention kids who have shot themselves or other people with their parents guns

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 09:42 AM

Just make sure you’re holding it the right way round.

LeatherTrumpet
Not to mention kids who have shot themselves or other people with their parents guns

that is poor parenting/storage.

Niamh.
that is poor parenting/storage.

tell that to the dead child

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 09:43 AM
tell that to the dead child

impossible as the child is dead due to poor parenting/storage

Kate!
12-11-2020, 09:43 AM
no. Definitely not.

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 09:44 AM
impossible as the child is dead due to poor parenting/storage

Not really much point in posting on this topic if you're not actually intent on having a real discussion about it

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Not really much point in posting on this topic if you're not actually intent on having a real discussion about it

It’s really about would you own a gun not the reasons not to own one.

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 09:49 AM
It’s really about would you own a gun not the reasons not to own one.

That isn't what the title suggests, it asks if you would buy a gun if you could not what gun would you buy but whatever I'll leave you gun experts to it then.......

Mitchell
12-11-2020, 09:52 AM
No, and they shouldn’t be allowed either.

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 09:54 AM
That isn't what the title suggests, it asks if you would buy a gun if you could not what gun would you buy but whatever I'll leave you gun experts to it then.......

It’s about owning a gun not buying one.

Liam-
12-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Big no from me

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 09:56 AM
It’s about owning a gun not buying one.

Oh so it is about owning a gun but you're only allowed to answer with a Yes or a No, no elaborating allowed? He should have specified that in the OP then.

parmnion
12-11-2020, 09:58 AM
I would have a selection of about 4 probably...

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 10:02 AM
Oh so it is about owning a gun but you're only allowed to answer with a Yes or a No, no elaborating allowed? He should have specified that in the OP then.

You wanted him to debate with you on the subject by adding the fact kids get killed by guns

He challenged your argument with his opinion that bad parenting lead to the child’s death.

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 10:04 AM
You wanted him to debate with you on the subject by adding the fact kids get killed by guns

He challenged your argument with his opinion that bad parenting lead to the child’s death.

Why are you telling me what the conversation I had a couple of minutes ago was? I haven't forgotten

The Slim Reaper
12-11-2020, 10:06 AM

That's not really challenging Niamhs point, it was shifting the blame. Challenging her point would have required him to post a counter point, he didn't.

smudgie
12-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Yes.

Cherie
12-11-2020, 10:08 AM
I think its a really difficult question for people who live here to answer, if we were brought up and it was normal to have one, and you saw them in Walmart every day I guess I might as it would be pretty much normalised.

as someone brought up in Ireland then no

The Slim Reaper
12-11-2020, 10:10 AM
I think its a really difficult question for people who live here to answer, if we were brought up and it was normal to have one, and you saw them in Walmart every day I guess I might as it would be pretty much normalised.

What if we change the title to bombs? :smug:

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 10:11 AM

Also depends on the state though, gun ownership on the East coast for example is very low compared to the Southern States

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 10:14 AM

:oh:

Cherie
12-11-2020, 10:15 AM
Also depends on the state though, gun ownership on the East coast for example is very low compared to the Southern States

That is what I mean, if it was normal in the state I was brought up in :shrug:

GoldHeart
12-11-2020, 10:46 AM
No way

Kizzy
12-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Nope

Swan
12-11-2020, 11:32 AM
Maybe, guns have never interested me though. Most places there wouldn't be much need for one really. America's relationship with guns is something i'll never understand though. I know it's in their constitution, and that many, many gun owners are responsible people, but some of the laws and regulations in certain states is nothing than draconian.

It also comes down to the type of gun too. No one needs to own AK-49's or any type of semi automatic assault rifles. I can understand someone carrying a small handgun for protection though, depending on job/time/where they work etc.

Ammi
12-11-2020, 11:38 AM
...no, I would never own a gun....

Cherie
12-11-2020, 11:41 AM

you kinda proved my point, it was normal to hear about bombings on the news when I grew up

AnnieK
12-11-2020, 11:54 AM
When I lived in the States the family I worked for were from New York state and as such did not own a gun. We moved to South Carolina where guns were commonplace. I remember first getting into a friends car and there was a small pistol on the dashboard (they have non-concealment laws there). You soon become desensitised to seeing them.

I personally would not own one

bitontheslide
12-11-2020, 11:59 AM
the way i look at it is in a similar view to knives. People are stabbed regularly in the UK, but i would never carry a knife for protection

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 12:12 PM
That's not really challenging Niamhs point, it was shifting the blame. Challenging her point would have required him to post a counter point, he didn't.

You mean like Niamh shifting from owning a gun to using dead kids as a reason for not owning one

UserSince2005
12-11-2020, 12:13 PM
Hell yes, they'd call me the lone ranger

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Kid kills them selves accidentally with dads gun
Kid drowns in the bath while mum is on the phone, it’s the parents fault in both cases not the gun or the bath waters fault.

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 12:59 PM
You mean like Niamh shifting from owning a gun to using dead kids as a reason for not owning one

hang on a second there now Sheriff, Slim made a point about statistics around gun deaths in the USA, I quoted him and added to his point and then LT quoted me carrying on the conversation about children, I didn't see you picking up on Slim when it was actually him who was the first person to talk about the reasons why he wouldn't own a gun. My first reply in this thread was "No definitely not" I then got into a conversation with slim about why not which LT chose to join..........but it's me "using dead kids as a reason for not owning one" using dead kids ffs

Glenn.
12-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Kid drowns in the bath while mum is on the phone, it’s the parents fault in both cases not the gun or the bath waters fault.

One of the examples you have included wouldn’t be possible without the ownership of a gun. A gun isn’t an essential must have item for your home.

arista
12-11-2020, 02:19 PM
Yes Armed Response
is Essential.

arista
12-11-2020, 02:23 PM
...no, I would never own a gun....

But in your home
say it was in Harlem
one hand gun hidden in your kitchen draw.
Would save you from being attacked and robbed,
if criminals broke in.

I would pay for the Gun
to keep you alive

AnnieK
12-11-2020, 02:29 PM
But in your home
say it was in Harlem
if criminals broke in.

I would pay for the Gun
to keep you alive

That gun will only save you if you know how to shoot it though. Many Americans own guns but have no clue how to operate them properly or shoot them correctly. Having a gun does not mean that you will not get shot - in fact as Slim said it is more likely that you WILL get shot it you brandish a firearm

The Slim Reaper
12-11-2020, 02:43 PM
But in your home
say it was in Harlem
if criminals broke in.

I would pay for the Gun
to keep you alive

Life isn't a GTA cutscene. :laugh:

Toy Soldier
12-11-2020, 03:18 PM
With kids in the house, no...

...otherwise, in all honesty, it depends on the state.

Oliver_W
12-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Hard to answer really. Being raised in a different country, each of our individual "me"s would have different outlooks on some things.

I'd certainly carry a taser or something, if not a gun. When I had to go Birmingham once I borrowed my friend's imported taser thing , because ... Birmingham :joker: But thankfully I didn't need to use it.

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 04:07 PM
That gun will only save you if you know how to shoot it though. Many Americans own guns but have no clue how to operate them properly or shoot them correctly. Having a gun does not mean that you will not get shot - in fact as Slim said it is more likely that you WILL get shot it you brandish a firearm

This is why every large conurbation has many training facilities and gun clubs so that when the balloon goes up you rely on your training.

https://ohio-citizens-firearms-training-llc.square.site/uploads/b/1d44ccb0-4a65-11ea-9a57-a967fe1aca31/c77b7fb683a7e9e64b2f544ad292e8b4.png?width=639

20 Hour OPOTA Firearms Training ( Saturday & Sunday)

Sat, Nov 21, 20208:00am - 7:00pm

$255.00

Location: Public Safety Training Center - 7029 Homewood Avenue, Parma Heights, Ohio 44130

with OCFT Academy Staff
Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) class for Private Security Officer Firearms Training. Includes the rental of a Glock 9mm semi-auto pistol, gun belt with holster, magazine pouch and magazines, eye and hearing protection and the ammunition required to complete the course.

https://ohio-citizens-firearms-training-llc.square.site

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 04:10 PM
even the lbgtq's are at it

Z2f0MUOZ04I

Tom4784
12-11-2020, 04:42 PM
It's a difficult question to answer with a UK perspective, tbh. The idea of owning guns is ridiculous to us, but then we weren't raised in a gun-worshipping culture. I dislike guns immensely so I'd think I wouldn't have them.

Tom4784
12-11-2020, 04:45 PM

That's a silly argument. The accident shooting death would only happen if there was a gun in the house in the first place, you can't really avoid water.

You can certainly blame a parent for poor storage of a gun if a child gets their hands on it, but the fact is if they didn't have a gun, it wouldn't be an issue. Your example is apples and oranges.

LeatherTrumpet
12-11-2020, 04:49 PM
That's a silly argument. The accident shooting death would only happen if there was a gun in the house in the first place, you can't really avoid water.

You can certainly blame a parent for poor storage of a gun if a child gets their hands on it, but the fact is if they didn't have a gun, it wouldn't be an issue. Your example is apples and oranges.

you can make the same argument with any swimming pool - in fact i think the numbers of kids who accidentally drown in pools is higher than being accidentally shot by a poorly stored handgun per annum

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 04:58 PM

M
If a parent never had a bath but a shower then the kid can’t drown in the bath.

I didn’t bring kids into this debate as a reason not to own a gun Niamh did.

And then said to lt tell that to the dead kid, but that statement defy’s logic.

And it’s not even an argument, have a gun don’t have one I don’t care either way.

Niamh.
12-11-2020, 06:13 PM
I didn't realise you would take a figure of speech so literally Sheriff. Luckily I wasn't talking to you though at the time.

thesheriff443
12-11-2020, 07:56 PM
I didn't realise you would take a figure of speech so literally Sheriff. Luckily I wasn't talking to you though at the time.

Sorry didn’t realise I can only post to a direct post.

parmnion
12-11-2020, 08:18 PM

The parent will always be blamed for poor storage if a child does get thier hands on it.:shrug:

And a parent will be seen as a man or woman defending thier children if they use it.:shrug:

parmnion
12-11-2020, 08:20 PM
And can you add the word tank, to the title please LT

Glenn.
12-11-2020, 10:13 PM
M
If a parent never had a bath but a shower then the kid can’t drown in the bath

So you agree that if there were no guns in the house a fatal accident involving a gun cannot happen...

GoldHeart
13-11-2020, 03:18 AM

I understand what you're saying Cherie , as if any of us were born and grew up in America it would definitely be normal to see guns in regular shops and have easy access and maybe think "ahh why not buy one for myself" .

But i personally still don't think i'd ever want to buy a gun or feel the need to to want one , i'd rather invest in other things like a home security system .

Cherie
13-11-2020, 06:24 AM
I understand what you're saying Cherie , as if any of us were born and grew up in America it would definitely be normal to see guns in regular shops and have easy access and maybe think "ahh why not buy one for myself" .

But i personally still don't think i'd ever want to buy a gun or feel the need to to want one , i'd rather invest in other things like a home security system .

I tend to agree with you Goldie, I can never imagine myself firing a gun at someone

thesheriff443
13-11-2020, 06:33 AM
So you agree that if there were no guns in the house a fatal accident involving a gun cannot happen...

Considering on average a child dies every five days in America from choking on food the risk of a child being killed by their parents gun is very low.

A home is full of every day objects that can kill a child.

thesheriff443
13-11-2020, 06:34 AM
I tend to agree with you Goldie, I can never imagine myself firing a gun at someone

But you are trigger happy when it comes to using your death stare :joker:

Cherie
13-11-2020, 06:43 AM
But you are trigger happy when it comes to using your death stare :joker:

:smug:

GoldHeart
13-11-2020, 07:32 AM

Exactly plus what if it got in the wrong hands , or if you accidentally fired it . I don't know the first thing about using a gun and wouldn't feel comfortable.

Ammi
13-11-2020, 07:32 AM
... I read that in 2019...three in ten American citizens own a gun...so seven out of ten people who actually do live there in that ‘armed world of danger’...still choose not to arm themselves with a death weapon...although that three in ten still translates to a huge amount of people...it still seems a minority mind set to be gun owning...

koqulile
13-11-2020, 07:51 AM
“I’m going to fill you little pussy with my cum!” I grunted as I spurted ropes of semen into her.

“I can feel your dick squirting in me WOW” Renee moaned and wrapped her arms around me then kissed me. “Ash, that feels so good, I love your hands on me, don’t stop please.”
https://besthentaigifs.com
Ash continued to caress her sister’s body as she sat on my lap, her head turned to kiss Ash.

“Ash please suck on my pussy, suck out Uncle Will’s cum.” Her voice was barely a whisper.
Ash was a little embarrassed by this, and her face flushed red. “I’ve never done that before!”

Renee stood up and my softening cock dropped out with a pop. She lay back on the couch pulling Ash towards her then whispered something in her ear that I did not catch.

Ash turned to me and said, “Will you teach me please?”

I described my technique to her and encouraged her to think about what she would like and to then try that on Renee. Tentatively she leaned in and started to kiss and lick Renee’s hot little box. I could see a mix of her juice and my semen leaking out, which Ash proceeded to lap up like a kitten with a bowl of milk.

“Oh that’s good Ash, suck my clit and make me cum.”

Renee’s body responded to Ashleigh’s tongue and fingers and a short time later she orgasmed strongly.

I moved behind Ash and began to kiss and lick at her wet slit. This got her going and she pushed back as I spread her lips and sank a finger into her waiting hole. The combination of my tongue and finger continued to pleasure Ash as she continued to work on Renee’s hot and very wet pussy. They had got into a rhythm and almost orgasmed together. We all lay on the couch holding each other and I contemplated what this change would mean for us all.

Don’t get me wrong, I love them both, but I was trying to understand how we would manage all this. I was also more than a little surprised by the open feelings they had for each other. I was not offended by it, only curious as to where their new found feelings would lead.

Renee spoke first. “Ash I think I’m bi-sexual. Beth and I have a thing going, but we both like being with our boyfriends too.”

“How long have you two … um been together?” Ash responded.

“Ah, I think on and off for the past year. We sort of fell into it after a night out clubbing with friends, and I stayed over at her place and well you can imagine the rest.”

“Does Robbie know?”
“No, but he wouldn’t know if his arse was on fire. He isn’t the smartest guy around. And anyway that would then make it complicated.” Renee laughed.
https://bestanimegifs.com
“Complicated, what do you call the three of us, a picnic?” Ash responded.

It was late and we needed sleep, but not before we cleaned up. We flopped into my bed and snuggled up together each of us dreaming of what had happened and what might happen in the future.

LeatherTrumpet
13-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Gun ownership in the USA rose 70% in March i think i am right in saying

Ammi
13-11-2020, 08:40 AM
...another interesting thing I’m reading is that a gun owned is much more likely to be stolen by someone than it is to be used in any ‘self defence’ situation....

LeatherTrumpet
13-11-2020, 08:43 AM
...another interesting thing I’m reading is that a gun owned is much more likely to be stolen by someone than it is to be used in any ‘self defence’ situation....

how many times have nuclear powers used their bombs since 1945?

Gusto Brunt
15-11-2020, 10:44 AM
Probably, yes. only because thieves and burglars carry guns in the USA.

Largely, in the UK, they don't.

The Slim Reaper
15-11-2020, 10:57 AM
how many times have nuclear powers used their bombs since 1945?

What are you on about?

Amy Jade
15-11-2020, 12:32 PM
No.

MTVN
15-11-2020, 12:55 PM
... I read that in 2019...three in ten American citizens own a gun...so seven out of ten people who actually do live there in that ‘armed world of danger’...still choose not to arm themselves with a death weapon...although that three in ten still translates to a huge amount of people...it still seems a minority mind set to be gun owning...

I guess that varies quite heavily by area, there's probably little gun ownership in many cities where restrictions are a lot tighter but I'd expect its more like a majority in the south

I don't think I'd own one but I did quite enjoy shooting a couple for the first time this year at a Texas gun range. Felt slightly strange to see a load of people casually strolling around with firearms but it's just totally normal to them. 'Ready to get a taste of freedom huh guys' was how the bloke greeted us, ten minute 'safety briefing' which we were too hungover to take in properly then we were left to it

The Slim Reaper
15-11-2020, 01:03 PM
I guess that varies quite heavily by area, there's probably little gun ownership in many cities where restrictions are a lot tighter but I'd expect its more like a majority in the south

I don't think I'd own one but I did quite enjoy shooting a couple for the first time this year at a Texas gun range. Felt slightly strange to see a load of people casually strolling around with firearms but it's just totally normal to them. 'Ready to get a taste of freedom huh guys' was how the bloke greeted us, ten minute 'safety briefing' which we were too hungover to take in properly then we were left to it

Matt admitting to murder is the perfect way to round off 2020.

MTVN
15-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Didn't say they died, it was my first time after all :shame:

Cherie
15-11-2020, 02:21 PM

:joker:

LeatherTrumpet
15-11-2020, 02:23 PM

WHILST DRUNK