PDA

View Full Version : Your Google maps house pic?

LeatherTrumpet
27-11-2020, 03:05 PM
I just checked and at my mums my dad is still alive and i think i see him in the living room (his car is outside and he stopped driving i think in 2011) (he died 2013) and in my old house in the valley our old Touran is out front my daughters pony is in our field and i am still married to ex-Mrs LT so that one is like 2012 I think or 2011.

What period of life does yours hark back to?

Niamh.
27-11-2020, 03:44 PM
It's hard to tell all you can see is the roof of the house, I can see a car in the drive but I can't figure out what car it is because everything gets too pixely when you zoom in. I think I see a soccer goal post net thing in the garden (I think) and we got rid of that around 2 years ago and Luke had it for around 4 years so somewhere between 2014-2018 maybe?

LaLaLand
27-11-2020, 04:09 PM
2016 or the original one is 2009.

Really strange to see my Grandad's house just up the street as he was living in it in '09, passed away that Summer. I think it may have been taken when he was in hospital actually... Good memories there though. Miss him terribly still.

Also a good family friend is on it, on the street outside her house (up my street again) - she passed away very suddenly the other month bless her. Wonder if she knew she'd been immortalised on Google Earth? :joker:

hijaxers
27-11-2020, 04:32 PM
I just checked and at my mums my dad is still alive and i think i see him in the living room (his car is outside and he stopped driving i think in 2011) (he died 2013) and in my old house in the valley our old Touran is out front my daughters pony is in our field and i am still married to ex-Mrs LT so that one is like 2012 I think or 2011.

Wow our original one had my 2 beloved scotties looking out of window. Its changed may times since so we are more up to date than most it seems.

GoldHeart
27-11-2020, 06:10 PM

google map is actually that in detail to see loved ones ??? , I never see into my house windows on google street view

LeatherTrumpet
27-11-2020, 06:14 PM
google map is actually that in detail to see loved ones ??? , I never see into my house windows on google street view

no they blur out but i can see where my dad sat and they blurred it out as he has there. but yes the pic is about 30 feet from the window

Strictly Jake
27-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Mine is from last year!

GoldHeart
27-11-2020, 06:21 PM
no they blur out but i can see where my dad sat and they blurred it out as he has there. but yes the pic is about 30 feet from the window

Mine isn't even that detailed , all I see is outside and the road area .

LeatherTrumpet
27-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Mine isn't even that detailed , all I see is outside and the road area .

i think there as separate rules for council estates?

GoldHeart
27-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Council estate? I don't live in a council estate but OK lol

LeatherTrumpet
27-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Council estate? I don't live in a council estate but OK lol

im joking :hehe:

Toy Soldier
27-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Ours is fairly recent as our current car is in it. What really fascinates me though, is that when you're "outside the house" it's cloudless/blazing sunshine but then when you go "one click" further down the road, it's overcast and raining :omgno:. I don't understand why the whole street wouldn't be done/redone on the same day...

Withano
27-11-2020, 10:39 PM
You can’t see on to my driveway cos the back of the garage is in the way. The surrounding area looks very similar though