PDA

View Full Version : WHO is the least funny from these 4 "Comedians"?

LeatherTrumpet
12-12-2020, 06:13 PM
James Ancaster

Stuart Lee

Eddie Izzard

Romesh Ranganathan

:umm2:

Zizu
12-12-2020, 06:16 PM
James Ancaster

Stuart Lee

Eddie Izzard

Romesh Ranganathan

:umm2:

Stuart Lee is a comedian ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeatherTrumpet
12-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Stuart Lee is a comedian ??

i was also surprised :shocked:

Zizu
12-12-2020, 06:23 PM
i was also surprised :shocked:

:)

Shaun
12-12-2020, 06:26 PM
*Stewart

I like all of them except James Acaster. Find his shtick very irritating.

parmnion
12-12-2020, 06:30 PM
I move James; very fresh and devilish.

Zizu
01-01-2021, 01:43 AM
Stuart Lee is the least funny ‘comedian’ ever !

Oliver_W
01-01-2021, 08:59 AM
I don't really rate any of them apart from James, and that's only because we're from the same hometown!

Black Dagger
01-01-2021, 10:45 AM
James Acaster is woeful.

Quite like the rest. Much worse out there.

Zizu
01-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Slight tangent as I really like this guy .. just can’t think of his name ... but he does a skit of interviewing each new batch of Apprentices just before each series begins

Withano
01-01-2021, 03:01 PM
Stuart Lee is the least funny ‘comedian’ ever !

Russel Kane is fuming that he lost his title

The Slim Reaper
01-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Stewart Lee is great but admittedly not for everyone. Eddie Izzard used to be great at stand up but I haven't seen anything he's done for about 15 years, and haven't seen any comedy put out by the other 2

LeatherTrumpet
01-01-2021, 03:35 PM
James Ancaster, how does he get work?

Shaun
01-01-2021, 03:39 PM
Stewart Lee is great but admittedly not for everyone. Eddie Izzard used to be great at stand up but I haven't seen anything he's done for about 15 years, and haven't seen any comedy put out by the other 2

Eddie did get a bit tired and repetitive towards the latter half of the 00s... but his 90s sets were fantastic and some of the best there ever was.

The Slim Reaper
01-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Eddie did get a bit tired and repetitive towards the latter half of the 00s... but his 90s sets were fantastic and some of the best there ever was.

Agreed - Dressed to kill (I think it was ) and glorious are still some of my fave stand up sets.

Zizu
01-01-2021, 04:38 PM

We thought Eddie Izzard was marvellous on his earlier days .... he’s a fellow dyslexic which initially drew me to him .

He did seem to lose it all about the time he started ‘dressing’ somewhat outrageously

The Slim Reaper
01-01-2021, 04:43 PM
We thought Eddie Izzard was marvellous on his earlier days .... he’s a fellow dyslexic which initially drew me to him .

He did seem to lose it all about the time he started ‘dressing’ somewhat outrageously

He's always been a transvestite, he didn't start dressing outrageously.

Shaun
01-01-2021, 06:32 PM
If anything she dressed more "out there" at the beginning of her career.

I have the Seven box set (Unrepeatable through to Stripped) on DVD and she starts off with these three outfits:

https://standupforstandup.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/unrepeatable.png?w=300&h=400

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b5/0e/4e/b50e4ec98e1ffc9a0c0f1ff8502df776.png

https://film.thedigitalfix.com/protectedimage.php?image=NoelMegahey/glorious1.jpg

and the final one has her looking like this:

https://standupforstandup.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/3088645449_dda04b7cd9_z.jpg

*Only just discovered that she's asked to be referred to by she/her pronouns now, had no idea up until I looked this second. Link: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/12/eddie-izzard-she-her-pronouns

Zizu
01-01-2021, 06:37 PM
He's always been a transvestite, he didn't start dressing outrageously.

I don’t recall him wearing dresses and makeup at the start of his career tbh

Ammi
02-01-2021, 04:29 AM
...I love Eddie Izzard..:lovedup:...I read this on wiki...

‘Her stance is that the way she dresses is neither part of her performance nor a sexual fetish. She said "I don't call it drag; I don't even call it cross-dressing. It's just wearing a dress. ... It's not about artifice. It's about me just expressing myself."...’

...for me, that’s how I would also describe her ‘comedy’ as well, in that it’s more an expression of a part of her, rather than ‘an act’ of being a comedienne...she has so many interests and focuses in life and not someone who would want to be defined by one aspect of entertainment, I feel...she’s such an interesting person...

Zizu
02-01-2021, 11:01 AM
...I love Eddie Izzard..:lovedup:...I read this on wiki...

‘Her stance is that the way she dresses is neither part of her performance nor a sexual fetish. She said "I don't call it drag; I don't even call it cross-dressing. It's just wearing a dress. ... It's not about artifice. It's about me just expressing myself."...’

...for me, that’s how I would also describe her ‘comedy’ as well, in that it’s more an expression of a part of her, rather than ‘an act’ of being a comedienne...she has so many interests and focuses in life and not someone who would want to be defined by one aspect of entertainment, I feel...she’s such an interesting person...

So I’m getting proper confused :)

Now I also love Eddie Izzard but I’m 63 so pretty old I guess .. anyways Eddie was born male wasn’t he ?

I don’t understand why people are referring to him as a ‘her’ ??

All his acting roles even portrayed men not women ..

I accept that anyone going through gender reassignment surgery would regard themselves as a male or female or whatever.

Can someone explain the situation surrounding Eddie ??!?

AnnieK
02-01-2021, 11:41 AM
So I’m getting proper confused :)

Now I also love Eddie Izzard but I’m 63 so pretty old I guess .. anyways Eddie was born male wasn’t he ?

I don’t understand why people are referring to him as a ‘her’ ??

All his acting roles even portrayed men not women ..

I accept that anyone going through gender reassignment surgery would regard themselves as a male or female or whatever.

Can someone explain the situation surrounding Eddie ??!?

People are referring to Eddie as she and her because that has how she has requested to be addressed now.

Its a quite recent request I think....but obviously is how she chooses to be known as now

The Slim Reaper
02-01-2021, 11:49 AM
People are referring to Eddie as she and her because that has how she has requested to be addressed now.

Its a quite recent request I think....but obviously is how she chooses to be known as now

I wasn't aware of this either.

AnnieK
02-01-2021, 11:54 AM
I wasn't aware of this either.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/12/30/eddie-izzard-gender-fluid-transgender-she-her-pronouns-identity-backlash-lgb-alliance/

The Slim Reaper
02-01-2021, 11:58 AM
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/12/30/eddie-izzard-gender-fluid-transgender-she-her-pronouns-identity-backlash-lgb-alliance/

Thanks for the link. every day is a school day.

parmnion
02-01-2021, 12:01 PM
I love James; very fresh and devilish.

And as I found out yesterday, 36 years old.:joker:

Kizzy
02-01-2021, 01:07 PM
It's lefty humour LT... you just don't 'get it'

They are all good.

Mystic Mock
02-01-2021, 01:55 PM
Has Eddie Izzard not changed her name btw?

Eddie's quite a butch name for a woman.:joker:

Shaun
02-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Has Eddie Izzard not changed her name btw?

Eddie's quite a butch name for a woman.:joker:

the cast of Absolutely Fabulous would like a word :oh:

Mystic Mock
02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
the cast of Absolutely Fabulous would like a word :oh:

Too true.:laugh:

GoldHeart
03-01-2021, 03:19 AM
I put that James Ancaster guy as he was beyond irritating on the big fat quiz recently .

Zizu
03-01-2021, 03:56 AM
I put that James Ancaster guy as he was beyond irritating on the big fat quiz recently .

Yeah I saw that ... it was lacking the team of Noel Fielding and Russel Brand imho

GoldHeart
04-01-2021, 12:54 AM
Yeah I saw that ... it was lacking the team of Noel Fielding and Russel Brand imho

Will have to disagree on Russell Brand , he's too overbearing . I prefer Noel Fielding with Richard Ayoade.

Shaun
04-01-2021, 02:08 AM
If we're bashing left-leaning comedians can we start with Nish Kumar please? Most annoying laugh in modern comedy.

Zizu
04-01-2021, 05:41 AM
Will have to disagree on Russell Brand , he's too overbearing . I prefer Noel Fielding with Richard Ayoade.

Yeah those two work well together as well :)

Zizu
04-01-2021, 05:43 AM
If we're bashing left-leaning comedians can we start with Nish Kumar please? Most annoying laugh in modern comedy.

Na that award goes to Jimmy Carr surely

Livia
05-01-2021, 01:00 PM
I don't find any of them particularly amusing and I'd add to that list, Nish Kumar and Sarah Pascoe.

Bollo
06-01-2021, 01:05 AM
I don't get Stewart Lee at all. James Acaster is very average but he was great on 'Taskmaster'... But i do like Eddie and Romesh, i have seen them both live at their peak and they both had me in stitches. Eddie may be past prime now and Romesh has become overexposed.... but Romesh kept me going through the first lockdown with his interactive fb lives...and I loved Just Another Immigrant, Misadventures, Rob & Romesh, The Reluctant Landlord and again he was great on Taskmaster...