PDA

View Full Version : A tired format? Twists to keep TAR on CBS...

Joe.
14-12-2020, 07:36 PM
CBS are clearly tired of TAR. I love it but this season (32) the Mega leg and the City race have been twists I’ve just not enjoyed,

What could help TAat at this point, a show I love but in need of a change!

Could a twist of trios work or any other? Trios I think could be interesting as two could turn on one? Thoughts?

Headie
14-12-2020, 07:44 PM
They need to go back to the formula of the early days - authentic casting, airport drama, tasks that are actually challenging etc.

I just finished rewatching Season 2 and in one episode there is literally 4 different routes that teams take just to get to this one country. Teams who were airport/flight-savvy would be rewarded with finishing the leg a lot earlier than those who didn't look hard enough for faster flight times, and it actually meant something to finish the leg in first and be ahead for the next leg as opposed to now where placement is irrelevant as you all end up equalised and on the same flight as every other team.

Joe.
14-12-2020, 07:53 PM
They need to go back to the formula of the early days - authentic casting, airport drama, tasks that are actually challenging etc.

I just finished rewatching Season 2 and in one episode there is literally 4 different routes that teams take just to get to this one country. Teams who were airport/flight-savvy would be rewarded with finishing the leg a lot earlier than those who didn't look hard enough for faster flight times, and it actually meant something to finish the leg in first and be ahead for the next leg as opposed to now where placement is irrelevant as you all end up equalised and on the same flight as every other team.

Completely agree, earlier TAR was so much more competitive and fun to watch. This ‘we all have a level playing field’ is so dull.

Valmafra
26-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Just cancel it already and allot the remaining funds to the Canadian edition!

DouglasS
26-01-2021, 06:35 PM
I found it more interesting when the teams had to decide their own route to the destination, the teams would end up on different planes and arriving at different times. Made it much more interesting and much more than just a show about roadblocks