PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Tom4784
25-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Who is going to see this film? I simply can't wait, it's my favourite book so far so I've een waiting for this adaption for a while! Plus, Deathly Hallows is released like 2 weeks after the film :cheer::cheer2:

xGemmax
25-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I can't wait either!! But I'm far more obsessed about the books, I'm getting it the first day it comes out lol :D

BigSister
25-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Im looking forward to the film too but im more excited about the book. I have to work the day it comes out though

GiRTh
25-06-2007, 07:24 PM
When is it out?

Sarah.
25-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Not a big fan of the books but the films are alright and so is Daniel Radcliffe ;) so i'll go see it probably.

Amy
25-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Can't wait for this to come out me, my sister and bro in law are going on the day it's released. can't wait :dance2:

CassetteFinger
25-06-2007, 07:42 PM
i like the harry potter films there great not into the books have the first one for like 5 years now and i have only read 1 page.

Tom4784
26-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
When is it out?

July 20th i think.

Callum
27-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I am so addicted to the Harry Potter books and films. I bought tickets for the first screening & i bought the book Deathly Hallows.
So cannot wait... ;)

Amy
01-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Here are some reviews of the film....

Critics give their Hogwarts and all verdict after new Harry Potter premiere

THE magic is almost upon us again after the fifth Harry Potter blockbuster, The Order Of The Phoenix, had its world premiere in Japan this week.

There's less than two weeks before the film is released in the UK, although the European premiere takes place in London on Tuesday.

Already the first reviews are starting to leak out, faster than a leaky cauldron.

Writer J.K. Rowling lives in Edinburgh and the film is very English, with even a broom ride along the Thames in one scene. However Tokyo was chosen as the venue after another highly-anticipated sequel, Spider-Man 3, opened there and broke box-office records.

A Warner Brothers spokeswoman said there was no special reason for opting to launch the film in Japan.

But the country is the second-biggest generator of box-office sales outside America, accounting for 10 to 15 per cent of the total.

And last year, films made in Japan made more money than Hollywood-made films - the first time this has happened since 1985.

Also, the last Harry Potter movie, The Goblet Of Fire, grossed more than any other film in Japan last year.

Most of us will have to wait until July 13 to see The Order Of The Phoenix, but here is a taster with the very first reviews of the fifth Harry Potter movie from critics who got a sneak preview.

FROM JUSTIN MCCURRY, THE GUARDIAN

THE movie soon quickens the pulse.

Our hero is trapped in an underpass, pinned against the wall as Dementors attempt to snuff out their nemesis.

The crowd look on transfixed, safe in the knowledge they are the first to witness Harry Potter's latest dice with death. For large parts of this dark, political film, Harry can do nothing right as he attempts to persuade his doubters that Lord Voldemort, his parents' murderer, is back on the scene.

Imelda Staunton comes close to stealing the show as Dolores Umbridge, drafted in by the Ministry of Magic to keep tabs on Harry.

An invitation to her office holds the prospect of excruciating torture surrounded by pink cushions, as Umbridge, a sadistic mix of Barbaras Cartland and Castle, tries to thwart Harry's claims he has seen Voldemort.

It has become hackneyed to comment on Radcliffe's passage into adolescence, but in Phoenix it is about much more than a square jaw and a broken voice.

This is a political film, with echoes of 1984, and the Ministry of Magic cast as Big Brother. Harry embarks not so much on an adventure as a psychological journey - a lonely teen racked with indecision and conflicting loyalties ... until it matters.

A Hamlet for our time?

Probably not, but the darkest moments of Phoenix are a far cry from the comparative innocence of Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone.

FROM LEO LEWIS, THE TIMES

IT is in this movie that Harry begins to understand the battles with evil that lie ahead.

It is a film where the balance of narrative tips from action to intrigue and there are some that will find it tedious.

The film itself is a solid, occasionally spectacular set-piece, that struggles to give us thrills and fun.

It is far crueller than its predecessors and begins to introduce the idea that we are no longer in an amusing magical playground, but are en route to a confrontation with real victims.

The main story is the quest of Harry and Dumbledore to persuade an uncomfortable wizarding world that Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes), has returned.

The acting skills of Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) have improved, but not enough to truly flesh out the characters.

Of the adult actors, Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge - Dumbledore's usurper at Hogwarts - is exquisitely dislikeable. Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange is a shining but under-used talent.

The director, David Yates, has inserted some lovely touches, including the Weasley twins' explosive transfer from the world of academia to the world of retail.

But overall there is a shortage of those joyful little glimpses of the wizarding world's furniture that perked up the previous films.

The chief problem, though, is not really a fault of the film but the near universal Potter-literacy of its prospective audience. Most Potter fans are now focused on the release of the climactic seventh book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - in three weeks' time and its promise to bring together the countless loose ends.

As the waiting for the final book grows unbearable, there are moments when this otherwise enjoyable film, though nicely made and through no fault of its own, feels like a chore to wade through before the main course.

Article and more reviews.. Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/choice/tm_headline=harry-potter--phoenix-rises%26method=full%26objectid=19382804%26siteid=6 6633-name_page.html)

MarkWaldorf
05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm seeing it next weekend!

Bells
05-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm looking forward to this, as well as the next book... Harry Potter mode once again :thumbs:

I always love how there's a gap and I forget all about it...
Then memories are brought back of the previous summers spent in a Harry Potter mood. :laugh:

Amy
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MarkChap?!
I'm seeing it next weekend!

Me too, can't wait! :dance2:

MarkWaldorf
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
LOL Ash/Amy, have you seen them all in cinema?

It's really weird cause I can remember seeing The Chamber of Secrets in like, 2002. Ages ago. It's weird how they were really young and now they're like, adults.

I've seen all the others in cinema too though. That one brings back the memories though. :spin2:

Amy
05-07-2007, 09:53 PM

It's really weird cause I can remember seeing The Chamber of Secrets in like, 2002. Ages ago. It's weird how they were really young and now they're like, adults.

I've seen all the others in cinema too though. That one brings back the memories though. :spin2:

I've only seen two in the cinema... the other two on dvd.. but I prefer seeing them in the cinema now.

MarkWaldorf
05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Amy

I've only seen two in the cinema... the other two on dvd.. but I prefer seeing them in the cinema now.

Yeah! It's good seeing films like that on the big screen. Brutal as well if you go on the first few days of release, it's packed. It's what's annoying with these high key films.

BigSister
05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Ive seen them all in cinema First 1 i went with my best friend 2nd i went with my mum 3rd 1 i went with my middle cousin 4th 1 I took both my cousins because it was a 12 A and the middle 1 was too young to go on his own and the 5th 1 i dunno i might persuade my cousins to come with me again

MarkWaldorf
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Aww. It's a good family film. Going with my nan, mum, sister and cousin for this one.

Bells
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
I've seen them all at the cinema, yeah - makes the experience better I think! There's always someone somewhere who can see it with me.

Tom4784
09-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm seeing it Thurday Night, I'm so excited! Who watched that behind the scenes on ITV? that made me more excited to watch it!

Callum
09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm seeing it on Thursday! Can't wait :)
I'm like the biggest fan of Harry Potter on this forum hehe

Shaun
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Really can't wait, HP mania's taken hold of me :tongue:

I'm trying to organise my friends (about 15 of us in total) to go there dressed-up as wizards/witches - but some are being spoilsports :(

Kristen
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bugsy2301
Really can't wait, HP mania's taken hold of me :tongue:

I'm trying to organise my friends (about 15 of us in total) to go there dressed-up as wizards/witches - but some are being spoilsports :(

Aawww that sounds fun :bigsmile:
I saw it today and we were waiting outside the cinema at 8.30am and we were the first to buy tickets for the first screenings. I enjoyed it even though I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. I thought Delores Umbridge was hillarious :laugh:

BigSister
11-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Im gonna wait a few weeks (about 1 or 2 not like a month) then go and see it when its gone abit quieter

stacey
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
same here big sister i'm going to wait until it all quitens down first i can't be doing with being trampled on :bigsmile:

MarkWaldorf
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I can't wait to see it! I booked early so I wouldn't be 'trampled on'. :laugh:

BigSister
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
lol stacey trampled on. i always wait early

Bigbrotherin
12-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Went to see it this morning at 8:30am, twas brilliant, lots was left out because of the book size and the ending was a bit 'premature' but other than this it was good. I cant wait for the final book.

Bigbrotherin
12-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyone else seen it?

stacey
12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
lol stacey trampled on. i always wait early
haha looks like im gonna get trampled on after all, my dads bought tickets for sunday, time to bring out my armour again :whistle:

BigSister
12-07-2007, 07:49 PM
oh your lucky Im going tyo wait till maybe week after next week and see if I can get in

Shaun
12-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Just got back from watching it - it was fantastic. Loved every bit of it. Some things were altered which confused me a bit, but overall - the special-effects, acting, tension, magic - it was brilliant.

Jack
12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
Went to see it this morning at 8:30am, twas brilliant, lots was left out because of the book size and the ending was a bit 'premature' but other than this it was good. I cant wait for the final book.

I can't wait for the book either. Was Professor Umbridge good in it? (she is my favourite character in Harry Potter). By the way how can you go to the cinema at 8.30am? LOL It would be weird going to a screening before midday - I always go to the late ones.

Tom4784
12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Jackboi89

I can't wait for the book either. Was Professor Umbridge good in it? (she is my favourite character in Harry Potter). By the way how can you go to the cinema at 8.30am? LOL It would be weird going to a screening before midday - I always go to the late ones.

I loathed Umbridge in this movie, she was just so EVIL!!!! I just caemback from watching it, It was the best HP film to date, it was amazing!

It has been changed in pars from the book but overall It was just amazing!

Callum
13-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Went to see it yesterday - loved it!
Best HP film by far :) Imelda Stauton portrays the character of Dolores Umbridge excellently and Luna is great in it! :D 5/5 Film!

officialleafan
14-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I am watching it next Sunday. My all time fav character is Dumbledore. Don't ask why, does he have a big part in the Order of the Phoenix?

CassetteFinger
14-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I really want to see it it looks really good i have only seen the first two how many films is there now :xyxwave:

officialleafan
14-07-2007, 04:27 PM
5 films

Shaun
14-07-2007, 05:35 PM
officialleafan:

Dumbledore is brilliant in it - the scene where he escapes from the Ministry (as they're about to send him to Azkaban) is fantastic, and his fight with Voldemort is good too.

MarkWaldorf
14-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Just got back. It was OK, I thought it'd be better. Still, it was worth the money. I'd see it again, but when it dies down a bit. There wasn't one empty seat.

Bigbrotherin
14-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Jackboi89

"Was Professor Umbridge good in it?"
She was brilliant :pat:

"By the way how can you go to the cinema at 8.30am?"
Uhh easy, I got up at 7 and was on the bus to town by 8.

That answer your questions? :laugh3:

Amy
15-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm going to watch it at 12pm today :dance2: I cannot wait! We are leaving very shortly to eat hotdogs and wait to get good seats! I can't waittttttttttt!

MarkWaldorf
15-07-2007, 10:22 AM
It's really good Amy, you'll love it. :thumbs:

Sophii3x
15-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I really want to watch it, but nobody will go with me! My parents and sisters and brother went without me last night when I was in the shower.:puzzled:

But I don't really mind because now I'm re-reading the book!

Amy
15-07-2007, 03:18 PM
It's really good Amy, you'll love it. :thumbs:

You were 100% right :thumbs: What an excellent film! I reccomend that if you like Harry Potter watch this film.. amazing!

Jack
15-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sophii3x
I really want to watch it, but nobody will go with me! My parents and sisters and brother went without me last night when I was in the shower.:puzzled:

But I don't really mind because now I'm re-reading the book!

Awwwww that was a bit mean of them lol

Wasted
15-07-2007, 03:53 PM
How was Luna Lovegood in it? She's my favourite character in it! :tongue:

Amy
15-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Wasted
How was Luna Lovegood in it? She's my favourite character in it! :tongue:

Really good. I liked her. If you want to see the actress that plays her and the info you can see it Here (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/generalinfo/castpages/evannalynch.shtml)

BigSister
16-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Glad you liked it Amy my cousin went on saturday night and he said he really liked it everybody else who has gone has said it was rubbish so glad you liked it amy ^_^

officialleafan
17-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bugsy2301
officialleafan:

Dumbledore is brilliant in it - the scene where he escapes from the Ministry (as they're about to send him to Azkaban) is fantastic, and his fight with Voldemort is good too.

Thanks for that, Dumbledore nearly gets sent to Azkaban?????
How stupid is this, i never knew that Dumbledore was played by more than one actor. :puzzled: I thought the new one played him to begin with!

MarkWaldorf
17-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the original, Richard Harris, died after the second film.

Arneldo
17-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I was a bit let down by the film. There was for me, no memorable moments, unlike the previous films. It definitely wasn't what i was expecting it to be like, and they left out some really good bits.

Luna (?), the creepy blonde girl, is my friends cousin. She is a huge Harry Potter fan and before she got the role she used to e-mail JK all the time.

Sophii3x
18-07-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm going on my own to see it on Saturday :sad: But oh well, despite being a loner I'll enjoy the film!

BigSister
18-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Dont worry about going on your own Soph I felt a bit nervous going on my own to see shrek the third but i was ok once i got in the pictures I probably enjoyed it more

Sophii3x
23-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm going to watch it today :hugesmile: Can't wait!

BBEyeSpy
23-07-2007, 01:48 PM
i have never read any of the harry potters so i dont know what the fuse is about:puzzled:

Amy
23-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Sophii3x
I'm going to watch it today :hugesmile: Can't wait!

You will love the film. Have a good time.

BigSister
23-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Hope you enjoyed it Soph ^_^

Sophii3x
24-07-2007, 07:08 AM
(Thanks Amy and Becca!)

I LOVED it! They cut loads of the book out, but it's a 700+ page book so I didn't expect them to put everything in! Evannah (who played Luna) was brilliant. I actually felt a bit sorry for Snape for about a minute when they showed flashbacks of him being bullied.

MarkWaldorf
24-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I didn't, Soph. If you've read book 6 it's revealed he went on to help them get killed (Harry's dad, one of the bullies, and his mum) by Voldermort. :mad:

Stu
24-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Gary Oldman was excellent as always as Sirius Black and Tonks was cooler than I was expecting.

Lucius had a scene also , which is always a bonus , because Lucius kicks arse.

BigSister
09-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Im going to see it tommorow now as my friend pulled out on tuesday night

Bells
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I still haven't watched this, which is gutting because I love being in Harry Potter mode. It's annoying having been away, but I'm sure I'll love the film when I do watch it. Right now I'm reading the last book so I'm preoccupied with that at the moment because I really want to find out what happens! I started at about half 7 this morning, and am already over half-way through because it's so fast-paced (having a bit of a break now though).

BigSister
10-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Im finally going to see this today

Callum
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
Im finally going to see this today

You'll love it - it's one amazing film :bigsmile:

BigSister
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks ive waited long enough to go and see it

MarkWaldorf
10-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Have fun Becca.

And Ash, it's an amazing book.

BigSister
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I will mark and ill give a review

MarkWaldorf
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
What time are you seeing it?

Yey. :bigsmile:

BigSister
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
lol im going to see it at 5.40 but im going out for some tea with my friend before we go so im off now. Bye

MarkWaldorf
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Have fun. :thumbs:

Bells
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I might go see it on my own at some point this weekend, but I don't really care because I really want to see it! :hugesmile: The book's fantastic so far... I'm 3/4 of the way through and I don't want it to end! But one thing's for sure, I'm definitely in the Harry Potter mood again and probably won't be able to get enough over the following days...

BigSister
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah go on your own Ash its ok if you go on your own because i went to see shrek the 3rd on my own and nobody bothered lol

BigSister
10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I really enjoyed its my 2nd afve out of the films so far(the 4th1 being my fave)

And laura they had the ordinary boys in it well their song boys will be boys was on the record thing in the common room i nearly fell off my seat lol

MarkWaldorf
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
It's great isn't it.

Bells
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Finally going to see it on Tuesday, yay! Haha, got my priorities sorted. I'm looking forward to it, especially now that I've finished the 7th book. I was going to go on my own, but instead I'm taking three friends who have already seen it about 3 or 4 times! Also, in this film the girl playing Cho is a friend of mine's cousin (and she gets to kiss Harry, lucky girl).

Bells
14-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I saw this today and I really enjoyed it! The cinema hall was still really packed - evidently many people opted for the option of watching it after some time. Or, it was their 4th time seeing it or something! It was awkward at times when little kids got scared or cried, but aside from that the majority coped well and liked it - I certainly did!

MarkWaldorf
14-08-2007, 06:33 PM
It's an awesome film, I want to see it again sometime. I'm reading the book right now.

Glad you enjoyed it Ash.

Bells
14-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Now that I've seen the film and read the book, I can re-read the other books at some point. It's sad to think they've finished... but, re-reading the books and re-watching the films can keep the story a bit more alive. And, we've got the theme park to look forward to as well.

MarkWaldorf
14-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Oh yeah! But that's in Florida or something. :sad:

Bells
14-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't care - it's going to be brilliant! I'll get there somehow, lol... I'll be 18 anyway when it opens (I think), so I'll just grab a few friends and go. :hugesmile: It sounds great... I'm surprised I hadn't thought of that idea before, because it's the sort of thing I come up with!

MarkWaldorf
14-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Good luck getting there lmao.
It's gotta be good though, being able to say you've been Hogwarts.

Callum
14-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Om, Mark posting twice! :nono:

Bells
15-08-2007, 11:29 AM
OMG I want to go to Hogwarts!!! Like I said though, it's the sort of thing I come up with... so I'm really quite excited.

MarkWaldorf
15-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Haha! :laugh: Do you think they'll make them all over the world? I hope they bring one to the UK. HP is British after all. Hogwarts is in Scotland in the book, so they might take it there, maybe?

Bells
15-08-2007, 12:28 PM
No I think it'll be just the one... the US is obviously far more bankable in terms of funding, and then we've got the weather to consider as well... it's a lot less predictable in the UK, unfortunately. There's a DisneyLand Paris, but just the two Disney Worlds... Florida and California... so I'm guessing they'll push it to two at most. But I think there'll be just the one - there's only the one Hogwarts, after all!

MarkWaldorf
15-08-2007, 12:29 PM
True I guess, and it's probably going to take millions of pounds to build everything.

What a shame. :sad: I thought JK liked her roots. :rolleyes:

(Lmao, I sound so anti-US)

Bells
15-08-2007, 12:37 PM
She does, as she has proven with keeping British actors, filming in the UK and everything... her books themselves show no pro-US signs unnecessarily. Something like a theme-park though, you can afford to have that in Florida if it would be more beneficial.

And LMAO, yeah you do - quite unlike you! :wink:

MarkWaldorf
15-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I know yeah. Did you know Steven Spielberg was going to direct the first film, but he wanted it animated and Haley Joel Osment to voice Harry Potter? JK was like "aboslutely not" lmao. It opens in 2009, so I'd have left school then, might be able to go over there.

I know! :shocked: By they get everything.

Bells
15-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I see what you're saying, but in this circumstance I can understand it. Otherwise, I'm proud of the way Harry Potter, JK Rowling, the actors - everyone - have kept the entire thing very British. And yeah I'd heard all those... I'm so glad none of that happened - no way would it be the way I'd picture it, and surely JK Rowling thought the same thing. Since they're her creations, I'm so glad she put a stop to it.

I'll have left school too - we should all go! :spin:

BigSister
15-08-2007, 03:14 PM
oh i know i heard that too mark when the first 1 was being filmed. If they had have their way it would have been really weird!