PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever taken a shopping trolley home?

Redway
19-12-2020, 07:58 AM
As it says.

thesheriff443
19-12-2020, 08:03 AM
No but I have taken a check out girl home.

Cherie
19-12-2020, 08:07 AM
No its the height of ignorance

joeysteele
19-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Yes, years ago however.
You were permitted to then where I was.
I took it back next time I was going.

Never since I passed my driving test however.

thesheriff443
19-12-2020, 08:36 AM
No its the height of ignorance

In Scotland they are. Know as taxis’s

Oliver_W
19-12-2020, 08:57 AM
When I moved house I borrowed one - my grandparents don't drive so the house they "sold" me doesn't have a driveway, they turned all of the space into garden. I borrowed a trolley to help get my stuff from the vehicle to the door.

Denver
19-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Only tramps steal trolleys

Alf
19-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Leading up to bonfire night, we used to go bonfire Wood collecting. So we always used to pinch a trolly from the supermarket at the top of Street to transport our wood in.

We used to start collecting in Semptember, build a den with what we'd collected then burn it on bonfire night.

Great days!

smudgie
19-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Yes.
Our local supermarket used to let us, they knew we would fill them up more if we didn’t have to carry the shopping home.
Always took them back as soon as it was emptied.

joeysteele
19-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Yes.
Our local supermarket used to let us, they knew we would fill them up more if we didn’t have to carry the shopping home.

Yes, that was why I used to.

It was also an obviously massive help to some older shoppers too, who lived nearby to save them carrying bags home.
Especially carrying milk and things like potatoes etc:

Alf
19-12-2020, 10:15 AM
They made a right racket when they was pushed on the pavement.

Niamh.
19-12-2020, 10:25 AM
No

Cherie
19-12-2020, 10:30 AM
They sell shopping bags on wheels for a reason, never in my life seen an elderly person pushing a supermarket shopping trolley home :shrug:

Cherie
19-12-2020, 10:34 AM
Yes.

Given you had permission and returned it straight away I will let you off Smudge :smug:

Black Dagger
19-12-2020, 10:40 AM
I used to live over the road from Morrisons... well it was Safe way growing up and the days where before we had the car we did cross over to unload the bags before putting it back.

Calderyon
19-12-2020, 10:49 AM
No, I have not.

Daniel-X
19-12-2020, 10:49 AM
No, but when we did an online shop earlier this year at uni the Iceland delivery man just drove off and left us with one.

LeatherTrumpet
19-12-2020, 10:53 AM
no but i do look at some elderly people walking with full bags and think surely we as a society can address this issue?

Cherie
19-12-2020, 11:10 AM
no but i do look at some elderly people walking with full bags and think surely we as a society can address this issue?

Stop and offer a lift?

Reminds me of the time this older woman waved me down and asked where the bus stop for such and such was and as I had no clue I told her to hop in and I took her to her destination, ah pre Covid good times :laugh:

Cherie
19-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Tesco in my area has tags on the hand baskets as people taking them became such an issue :umm2:

joeysteele
19-12-2020, 11:17 AM
They sell shopping bags on wheels for a reason, never in my life seen an elderly person pushing a supermarket shopping trolley home :shrug:

Well you haven't lived where I do.
I have seen it often.

Sometimes people go to a store and buy things they didn't expect to.
The shopping trolley saved them carrying heavier bags than they expected to.

Not everyone may have shopping bags on wheels.
Great for those who have admittedly.

Anyway, I don't think I was in any way ignorant when I brought them home with loads of stuff in them.
As I said, where I lived at the time, the store didn't object.

GoldHeart
19-12-2020, 11:30 AM
Just no :rolleyes:

Cherie
19-12-2020, 11:32 AM
I have seen it often.

Anyway, I don't think I was in any way ignorant when I brought them home with loads of stuff in them.

Sadly the reason trolleys are now coin release and some stores baskets are tagged is down to non return so the majority are ignorant in my view

If you took it back then no issue but I would hazard 80% don’t

thesheriff443
19-12-2020, 11:56 AM
I have seen it often.

Joey’s scandal taking a shopping trolley home:joker:

UserSince2005
19-12-2020, 12:12 PM
I paid my £1. It’s mine now.

UserSince2005
19-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Up north people like to throw their trollies in rivers

Nicky91
19-12-2020, 12:33 PM
ew no, the shopping carts here are gross (only whenever it was a rule back at first wave for personnel to clean them, they looked a little better but they no longer do that now either those lazy supermarket staff :idc:)

rusticgal
19-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Years ago my local pub decided to enter the 'Golden Egg' competition on Noel Edmonds Late Late Breakfast show to see how many people you could get in a Supermarket trolley...so we 'borrowed' a couple in order to practise :laugh:
We were on telly and competed with two other teams and we won getting 27 people in for 3mins....

I dont know quite what happened to the Trolleys..:shrug:

joeysteele
19-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Sadly the reason trolleys are now coin release and some stores baskets are tagged is down to non return so the majority are ignorant in my view

If you took it back then no issue but I would hazard 80% don’t

Certain stores in my area don't have them on coin release now Cherie.
Haven't for a fair while.
Asda for instance doesn't.

M&S do but not Asda.

Anyway, it's years ago, 13 years ago when shopping for Mum, I just piled all in the trolley and wheeled it home.
They weren't on coin release then either.

Then we took it back next day.

Although I can see a problem if suddenly everyone marched out with trolleys and didn't take them back definitely.
That would be wrong and more likely ignorant.

Cherie
19-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Certain stores in my area don't have them on coin release now Cherie.
Haven't for a fair while.
Asda for instance doesn't.

M&S do but not Asda.

Anyway, it's years ago, 13 years ago when shopping for Mum, I just piled all in the trolley and wheeled it home.
They weren't on coin release then either.

Then we took it back next day.

Although I can see a problem if suddenly everyone marched out with trolleys and didn't take them back definitely.
That would be wrong and more likely ignorant.

Looks like Rust is to blame with her games :laugh::fist:

Amy Jade
19-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Tesco in my area has tags on the hand baskets as people taking them became such an issue :umm2:

The asda I used to work at had to do the same, people were stealing them. I remember them getting 100 new baskets delivered with wheels on and they went missing in a matter of weeks and customers were coming in with them decorate or re painted like they owned them.

joeysteele
19-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Looks like Rust is to blame with her games :laugh::fist:

Oh gosh, I've just read rustigals post. joker:

GoldHeart
19-12-2020, 02:35 PM
And I never thought a supermarket would allow anyone to ?? . Some trolley wheels stop when you start to take them off the grounds .

hijaxers
19-12-2020, 03:13 PM
No i never have but some git round here does and leaves them dumped on a regular basis ~ it really annoys me ~ they obv keep going back so why not return the trolley insteead of duming in same place every time !!

Denver
19-12-2020, 03:16 PM
They should start arresting people for theft tbh

Jake.
20-12-2020, 01:30 AM
nothing worse than seeing an abandoned trolley outside someone’s home because they couldn’t be arsed taking it back (not that they should have taken it in the first place, really)

bitontheslide
20-12-2020, 07:15 AM
with home delivery, there is just no need to take a trolley home now

smudgie
20-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Given you had permission and returned it straight away I will let you off Smudge :smug:

Thank you miss.:laugh:

rusticgal
20-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Oh gosh, I've just read rustigals post. joker:

:laugh:

Josy
20-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Nope cant say I have

Shaun
20-12-2020, 06:37 PM
I voted no but I think we did at uni once... we lived like two blocks away from Sainsburys and went there in our PJs to stock up for a Halloween party, and brought the trolley back (someone took it back straight away though). Surprised it worked since I thought they had magnetic clamps or w/e.