PDA

View Full Version : What sexuality are you?

Redway
15-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Probably not what most people have in mind during lockdown 3.0 but I thought it would be interesting to see where people’s preferences lie at a time where “fluidity” of all sorts is on the rise.

UserSince2005
15-01-2021, 11:22 AM
I identify as king gay.

Black Dagger
15-01-2021, 11:28 AM
I'm gay with asexual tendencies because sex to me is something I care so little about. When I was with my ex we never had intercourse because it didn't feel right and the bond and just being with him meant more.

Captain.Remy
15-01-2021, 11:59 AM
I identify as king gay.

Just say you're a bottom.

Cal.
15-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Gay/Asexual

Alf
15-01-2021, 12:00 PM
I'm a, chance would be a fine thing.

UserSince2005
15-01-2021, 12:06 PM

100% masc top here 9 inch stacked.

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 12:09 PM
I'm a, chance would be a fine thing.
A fine thing indeed

Captain.Remy
15-01-2021, 12:30 PM
100% masc top here 9 inch stacked.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Z9OGuQyrfHAE8/giphy.gif

Nicky91
15-01-2021, 12:35 PM
straight/heterosexual

Smithy
15-01-2021, 12:41 PM
What has being cis got to do with sexuality? :suspect:

Smithy
15-01-2021, 12:41 PM

:joker::joker::joker:

Redway
15-01-2021, 01:00 PM
straight/heterosexual
You were bisexual 5 minutes ago.
What has being cis got to do with sexuality? :suspect:

It does have a certain influence in the sense of whether they consider themselves truly attracted to the same or opposite sex since they won’t have a binary gender identity anyway. That’s what I meant.

Toy Soldier
15-01-2021, 01:39 PM
Boring old married cis-het gammon,sorry boys :bawling:

The Slim Reaper
15-01-2021, 01:48 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/partridgecloud/S01E03/gif/3Zcu6GTdiXqB.gif

Alf
15-01-2021, 01:55 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/partridgecloud/S01E03/gif/3Zcu6GTdiXqB.gifWkm5i6e8JGU

Niamh.
15-01-2021, 01:59 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/partridgecloud/S01E03/gif/3Zcu6GTdiXqB.gif

https://i.imgur.com/BEaqtIl.gif

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 02:02 PM
"Pansexual"

:joker:

Redway
15-01-2021, 02:13 PM
"Pansexual"

Whatever labels people choose to identify as isn’t something to blatantly mock.

Cherie
15-01-2021, 03:26 PM
TiBB is not prone to fluidity looking at that poll

We keep to our lanes :laugh:

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Whatever labels people choose to identify as isn’t something to blatantly mock.

Well it is, if they choose a stupid one :shrug:

Pansexual is functionally the same as bisexual, it's redundant.

It's like "queer". Apparently that means "not straight and/or cis" but all such deviations are covered in LGBT.

Marsh.
15-01-2021, 03:39 PM
It's so ironic how you attack people's identity, whilst in other threads trying to convince people phobia around sexuality doesn't exist. :think:

Redway
15-01-2021, 03:47 PM

It's like "queer". Apparently that means "not straight and/or cis" but all such deviations are covered in LGBT.

It’s still a label some people will resonate with regardless. Hence why I listed it in the poll.

Whether it’s valid or redundant as an entity is neither here nor there. Beyond the established basics we’re talking pop psychology, not quantum mechanics.

Kate!
15-01-2021, 03:52 PM

Choose a stupid one. OK. Very poor choice of words. People don't choose their sexualities.

GoldHeart
15-01-2021, 04:21 PM
What's other ??

Daniel-X
15-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Very very straight

Josy
15-01-2021, 04:27 PM
Oh yay. Labels.

Redway
15-01-2021, 04:35 PM
What's other ??

Whatever the others would be. I know I said sexual labels can be subjective but I draw the line at pansexuality. “Demisexuals” can vote other.

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 05:12 PM
Choose a stupid one. OK. Very poor choice of words. People don't choose their sexualities.
One doesn't choose to be homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. But stupid labels like "pansexual"? Totally a choice.

It's so ironic how you attack people's identity, whilst in other threads trying to convince people phobia around sexuality doesn't exist. :think:

I'm not attacking anyone's identity :shrug:

Mystic Mock
15-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Straight.

It's good to know that some people have a sexual attraction to Frying Pans though.:wink:

I am honestly shocked that Heterosexual is winning on here though.:laugh:

No diss btw, I just thought that TIBB was more used by the LGBTQ community.

Novo
15-01-2021, 05:27 PM
bizarre isn't it Mock, thought us heteros were dying out like the Dodo

Mystic Mock
15-01-2021, 05:31 PM
bizarre isn't it Mock, thought us heteros were dying out like the Dodo

I read Dodo as Dido for a minute then.:laugh:

It's definitely not how I expected the poll to go.

Elliot
15-01-2021, 05:34 PM
I thought I was 100% gay until I fell in love with a girl. I’m mostly gay but yeah

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Straight, I spent a couple years testing the waters the other way for a bit but it wasn't for me. I wanted to be bi cus I'm just greedy.

Denver
15-01-2021, 05:40 PM
Pansexual because I'm open to all genders where as bi only conforms to the 2 biological genders

Elliot
15-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Bisexual refers to attraction to both binary genders whereas pansexual refers to attention to all genders. The implication is supposed to be that bisexual people wouldn’t date non binary/ gender deviant people which isn’t a very fair one but it still doesn’t make identifying as pansexual stupid

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 05:46 PM
Pansexual because I'm open to all genders where as bi only conforms to the 2 biological genders

Bisexual refers to attraction to both binary genders whereas pansexual refers to attention to all genders. The implication is supposed to be that bisexual people wouldn’t date non binary/ gender deviant people which isn’t a very fair one but it still doesn’t make identifying as pansexual stupid

Both and all the same thing when it comes to sexuality.

Even if a man or woman identifies as nonbinary or some other nonsense, they're still a man or woman; and most importantly, they still look like a man or woman. Attraction is based on appearance, someone thinking he or she is something else doesn't change how he or she looks.

Niamh.
15-01-2021, 05:47 PM
But it's sexual attraction which refers to sex not gender therefore wouldn't bi sexual cover that considering there are only 2 sexes?

Denver
15-01-2021, 05:51 PM
But it's sexual attraction which refers to sex not gender therefore wouldn't bi sexual cover that considering there are only 2 sexes?

There is more then 2 genders to be sexually attracted tk and the clue is in the word to how many genders bi people like

Barry.
15-01-2021, 05:56 PM
Both and all the same thing when it comes to sexuality.

Even if a man or woman identifies as nonbinary or some other nonsense, they're still a man or woman; and most importantly, they still look like a man or woman. Attraction is based on appearance, someone thinking he or she is something else doesn't change how he or she looks.

Piss off!

LeatherTrumpet
15-01-2021, 06:05 PM
i have officially retired, thankfully

Id rather watch a good film

Jake.
15-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Piss off!

!

Jake.
15-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Straight, I spent a couple years testing the waters the other way for a bit but it wasn't for me. I wanted to be bi cus I'm just greedy.

Karl dipping his feet in both pools?

https://33.media.tumblr.com/0c561e9f0b63fd4a14e6286c90aa69c4/tumblr_np74jzOncF1sfysqqo4_250.gif

Captain.Remy
15-01-2021, 06:17 PM
One doesn't choose to be homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. But stupid labels like "pansexual"? Totally a choice.

It's not up to YOU to say what is stupid or a choice when it comes to that.
There are people that feel that way within themselves and we should totally accept that. It's not hard to accept people and the large panel of differencies we all show :shrug::love:
They're not harming anyone or putting your sexuality at risk or whatever. I'm not arguing or fighting, just saying.

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 06:27 PM
There is more then 2 genders to be sexually attracted tk and the clue is in the word to how many genders bi people like
There are only two (actual) genders, and even if there were more it's sexuality, not genderuality. Attraction isn't based on what a person thinks they are.

For example, a non-passing transwoman is going to have a hard time attracting straight men or lesbians, identifying as a woman doesn't change one's appearance.

Piss off!
Nah.

Barry.
15-01-2021, 06:31 PM
There are only two (actual) genders, and even if there were more it's sexuality, not genderuality. Attraction isn't based on what a person thinks they are.

For example, a non-passing transwoman is going to have a hard time attracting straight men or lesbians, identifying as a woman doesn't change one's appearance.

Nah.

You are talking ****e as usual. You are the only one trying to try and say you know best. Stop digging your hole.

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 06:34 PM
You are talking ****e as usual. You are the only one trying to try and say you know best. Stop digging your hole.

Nah.

AnnieK
15-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Oliver, what does it matter to you what other people refer to themselves as? In the not too distant past people who referred to themselves as gay as you do, were mocked and derided. Civilisation has moved on and embraces gay people much more freely now....so why are you so adverse to allowing another minority to identify as pansexual?

Barry.
15-01-2021, 06:41 PM
Nah.

You just prove the point that you are talking ****e, thanks

thesheriff443
15-01-2021, 06:44 PM
I was born straight but I would do a good looking lesbian

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Oliver, what does it matter to you what other people refer to themselves as? In the not too distant past people who referred to themselves as gay as you do, were mocked and derided. Civilisation has moved on and embraces gay people much more freely now....so why are you so adverse to allowing another minority to identify as pansexual?
People can call themselves whatever they like, it's up to them. Doesn't make it valid, nor does it mean every "identity" should be acknowledged. Pansexual is the same as bisexual, so it has no reason to exist. Should people be allowed to call themselves it? Sure. Should it have any place outside of their head? nope.

You just prove the point that you are talking ****e, thanks
Nah.

Jake.
15-01-2021, 06:57 PM
I just... don’t get why you’d care other than to be purposely difficult :joker:

Why does it matter to you what people choose to identify as? What is it that makes it invalid? You saying so?

Oliver_W
15-01-2021, 07:03 PM
I just... don’t get why you’d care other than to be purposely difficult :joker:

Why does it matter to you what people choose to identify as? What is it that makes it invalid? You saying so?

It doesn't matter to me, but it's still not valid. Not due to my say-so, but because there are only two sexes that someone can be attracted to. A man who identifies as nonbinary is going to attract people who like men.

parmnion
15-01-2021, 07:07 PM
i have officially retired, thankfully

Id rather watch a good film

Or babestaion.x

Captain.Remy
15-01-2021, 07:15 PM
It doesn't matter to me, but it's still not valid. Not due to my say-so, but because there are only two sexes that someone can be attracted to. A man who identifies as nonbinary is going to attract people who like men.

"It's still not valid" according TO YOU.

Again, all we read here is intolerance and an opinion, not a fact.
What they feel is valid, who they are is valid. I really can't see in what name you think you can say what other people are and feel is valid or not.

Again, their sexuality is not harming anyone so just love people for who they are and you'll be alright. :love:

Cherie
15-01-2021, 07:56 PM

https://33.media.tumblr.com/0c561e9f0b63fd4a14e6286c90aa69c4/tumblr_np74jzOncF1sfysqqo4_250.gif

I don’t think it was his feet :laugh:

Marsh.
15-01-2021, 08:44 PM

Why are you pretending to be the spokesperson for who other people find sexually attractive? Not every trans person goes through life looking like their sex assigned at birth.

No matter how much you want to be right, you're not.

Morgan.
15-01-2021, 09:34 PM
I'm gay with asexual tendencies because sex to me is something I care so little about. When I was with my ex we never had intercourse because it didn't feel right and the bond and just being with him meant more.

I totally didn’t expect to enter this thread and encounter someone with the same mindset as me. For a while I’ve been feeling invalidated by the fact I care so little about sex so this is actually super reassuring to read.

Thank you, I guess? Sorry for being awkward :laugh:

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 09:45 PM

Both pools very wet bby

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 09:45 PM
I don’t think it was his feet :laugh:

:joker: west brit gets it!

Jack_
15-01-2021, 09:49 PM
I only date women* but a mouth is a mouth :eyes:

*never say never I guess. Can’t see it though

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 09:50 PM
I totally didn’t expect to enter this thread and encounter someone with the same mindset as me. For a while I’ve been feeling invalidated by the fact I care so little about sex so this is actually super reassuring to read.

Asexuals rise up! There's a great cartoon called Bojack Horseman about an alcoholic horse where animals and humans live together on earth and talk and interact like humans but there's a main character called Todd who's asexual and he has a really good arc about discovering his asexuality check it out if you get the chance it's a very funny, emotionally deep show. My favourite show ever.

Kate!
15-01-2021, 09:50 PM

Morgan. :hug:

LemonJam
15-01-2021, 10:16 PM
Gay, but have dabbled with pussoir after a few drinks

Black Dagger
15-01-2021, 10:18 PM

Morgan <3

Sex is terrifying and I dont really like it. I'd rather just cuddle somebody and watch a film. Most of the guys I've been with haven't pleasured me because I have to really enjoy somebody. Youre not awkward and I'm glad youve mentioned it!

Morgan.
15-01-2021, 10:29 PM
Asexuals rise up! There's a great cartoon called Bojack Horseman about an alcoholic horse where animals and humans live together on earth and talk and interact like humans but there's a main character called Todd who's asexual and he has a really good arc about discovering his asexuality check it out if you get the chance it's a very funny, emotionally deep show. My favourite show ever.

I’ll check it out at some point!

Morgan. :hug:

:love:

Morgan <3

Sex is terrifying and I dont really like it. I'd rather just cuddle somebody and watch a film. Most of the guys I've been with haven't pleasured me because I have to really enjoy somebody. Youre not awkward and I'm glad youve mentioned it!

100% how I feel. Cuddle supremacy tbh

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 10:43 PM
I’ll check it out at some point!

it's on Netflix. Only like 6 seasons with 12 eps each so not a huge commitment but holy moly it'll leave a lasting impression on you. It's been a year since it finished and I still think about the subjects it brought up. Amazing.
Also :hug: as Lucas said you're not being awkward! It's really good!

Morgan.
15-01-2021, 10:50 PM
it's on Netflix. Only like 6 seasons with 12 eps each so not a huge commitment but holy moly it'll leave a lasting impression on you. It's been a year since it finished and I still think about the subjects it brought up. Amazing.
Also :hug: as Lucas said you're not being awkward! It's really good!

It think more than anything it’s the fear of not finding anyone that feels the same way. Where I’m living at the moment there’s definitely a lot of pressure/expectation around sex so it’s something I’ve definitely got to navigate carefully.

The last thing I want to be is a burden on an other half and be in a position where they’re unfulfilled in the relationship.

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 11:06 PM
It think more than anything it’s the fear of not finding anyone that feels the same way. Where I’m living at the moment there’s definitely a lot of pressure/expectation around sex so it’s something I’ve definitely got to navigate carefully.

The last thing I want to be is a burden on an other half and be in a position where they’re unfulfilled in the relationship.

Yeah true there can be alot of pressure about it depending on the person, but there's definitely people out there like you that don't value that part so much and would be happy to do exactly what you do or don't want to do and when you find someone that you just click with you'll wonder how you were so worried

Like mentioned before cuddles are the best! Sex isn't the end all be all, probably best to talk to Lucas about this sorry I've no idea what I'm on about I'm just on about clicking about how I was a hooking up with a friend for a bit during lockdown cus I was afraid of getting close to people for so long, I did and we stopped it cus that's not what we signed up for :laugh: but yeah is there a tinder for asexuals? That's a storyline in bojack :laugh:

Jake.
15-01-2021, 11:21 PM
Tbh all this thread has done is made me want a hug

Ramsay
15-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Love buzz hug :hug:

Black Dagger
15-01-2021, 11:25 PM

We love you <3

parmnion
15-01-2021, 11:25 PM
Well this thread got rather moist since I last participated.

Jake.
15-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Love buzz hug :hug:

We love you <3

:hug:

parmnion
15-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Me and Morgan are both pigs btw.

Ammi
16-01-2021, 05:12 AM
...hugs are such an intimate connection and not awkward at all to feel that relationship with someone...the trust in ‘sexual’ is such a huge thing and I think in talking and sharing as you guys are, you’ll see how ‘not awkward’ it actually is to not feel that’s part of a relationship you feel comfortable with...

Kizzy
16-01-2021, 05:50 AM
I was born straight but I would do a good looking lesbian

Then you would be still straight, lesbians are women...but if she chose to sleep with you she would not be a lesbian she would be bi.

I'm a 'none of your God damn business' far to much of this over sharing going on. I remember when your sexuality was like your politics, strictly private.

Oliver_W
16-01-2021, 08:00 AM
Why are you pretending to be the spokesperson for who other people find sexually attractive? Not every trans person goes through life looking like their sex assigned at birth.

No matter how much you want to be right, you're not.

Sex isn't assigned, you can't assign a biological reality. A transwoman will always be male, no matter what surgery she has.

thesheriff443
16-01-2021, 08:27 AM
Then you would be still straight, lesbians are women...but if she chose to sleep with you she would not be a lesbian she would be bi.

I'm a 'none of your God damn business' far to much of this over sharing going on. I remember when your sexuality was like your politics, strictly private.

Kizzy I was joking.

Elliot
16-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Sex isn't assigned, you can't assign a biological reality. A transwoman will always be male, no matter what surgery she has.

This is transphobic baiting at this point and I have no idea why mods on here allow it. I guess they share similar views?

Novo
16-01-2021, 01:06 PM
This is transphobic baiting at this point and I have no idea why mods on here allow it. I guess they share similar views?

what exactly do you want the mods to do? permaban him for having an opinion on the matter? maybe you should try and counter argue it instead if you feel he is so wrong

Vicky.
16-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Well for me, I don't feel comfortable deleting people who say 'sex is a real thing, and is unchangeable'. Especially when apparently everyone agrees sex and gender are very different things? So people remain their sex, but change 'gender'. Honestly, 'sex assigned at birth' gives me images of a sinister sorting hat that is brought into the delivery room and babies are just decided on nothing, that this one is male, this one female, etc. Sex is noted. In some rare cases of intersex people this can be mistaken, but its not this totally random thing that is 'wrong' so often that some like to make out it is.

Though that will surprise noone, coming from me.

I actually find it odd that apparently, its now deemed transphobic to say sex and gender are different, that was the 'mainline' view for years and years until the last few months it seems, the view that transactivists said was 'the right one'. Basically my view is, oliver is correct in that sex cannot be changed. BUT, people can be whichever gender they chose/are.

Others can disagree, and will.

(Anticipating 'but transphobia is against the rules' responses, this is entirely true. However, saying sex is a real thing isn't transphobic. Repeatedly purposely referring to a transwoman member as he, or a transman member as she, would be deemed transphobic. Saying you believe sex is real and not some arbitrary assigned process, should not be deemed transphobic, and surely, should be able to be argued against by those who disagree, rather than hidden)

(Ontop of all this, I am aware that many still use gender to actually mean sex, which complicates things further. But generally speaking, its been accepted for a while among transactivists and such anyway, aswell as 'the enemy' radical feminists, that sex and gender are different.)

Oliver_W
16-01-2021, 01:24 PM
It's not transphobic, it's objectively correct :shrug: I wouldn't deliberate misgender an MTF or FTM, but factually speaking they'll always be their birst sex.

Funnily enough I'm on a similar page. Leastways, I'm an "everything but" kinda gay, aha

I identify as ****ing gay.
Fixed that for you :hehe:

Whatever the others would be. I know I said sexual labels can be subjective but I draw the line at pansexuality. “Demisexuals” can vote other.
So Demisexual is a step too far? :joker:

I identify as Iggysexual and it's hatespeech that you left it off :hmph:

Calderyon
16-01-2021, 02:40 PM
Robosex.

Kate!
16-01-2021, 03:39 PM
I'm questioning my own sexuality lately. Well have felt this way for a while actually. I suppose I could easily have ticked asexual in the poll as opposed to heterosexual.

I mean I do have a sex life but I'd be as happy with a cup of tea and a biscuit really. And lots of cuddles. I like affection and am quite a touchy feely person..I like to demonstrate it.

Cherie
16-01-2021, 04:09 PM
I'm questioning my own sexuality lately. Well have felt this way for a while actually. I suppose I could easily have ticked asexual in the poll as opposed to heterosexual.

I mean I do have a sex life but I'd be as happy with a cup of tea and a biscuit really. And lots of cuddles. I like affection and am quite a touchy feely person..I like to demonstrate it.

I think that’s called getting on a bit Kate :tongue: sex drive lessens for most as we get older ..look at LT hanging up his boots :hehe:

Epic.
16-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Seeing as there is no multi-choice option, I went with Other; I'd consider myself a mix of the two options on top. I am heterosexual in more or less every way but may sometimes have thoughts about the same gender, however I never truly feel that way about a man in the same way I would a woman.

I went into this thread hoping bicurious to be one of the options based on what I am describing but alas :laugh:.

Liam-
16-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Does every thread these days turn into a transgender row? Have a day off

Liam-
16-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Also, fully fledged homosexual x

Ramsay
16-01-2021, 04:23 PM
What happened to the love buzz hugs

Liam-
16-01-2021, 04:28 PM
I’m also on board with the cuddle thing, those ‘we went all night’ people are weird, one and done with an even 6 hours kip will do me tah

Alf
16-01-2021, 04:33 PM
I’m also on board with the cuddle thing, those ‘we went all night’ people are weird, one and done with an even 6 hours kip will do me tahHhGs6slruSY

Kate!
16-01-2021, 04:41 PM
I think that’s called getting on a bit Kate :tongue: sex drive lessens for most as we get older ..look at LT hanging up his boots :hehe:

:joker: I think you are right Cherie xx

LeatherTrumpet
16-01-2021, 04:50 PM

:oh:

im not paying for online dating in a flipping pandemic lockdown

it should be free at the moment

Marsh.
16-01-2021, 05:26 PM

That's not an argument anybody made?

You were discussing how people LOOK and how ATTRACTIVE others may or may not find them. Now you're changing the goalposts and making yourself look silly.

Gstar
16-01-2021, 10:15 PM
Gay

Jessica.
16-01-2021, 10:36 PM
Demisexual, engaged to a man.

DouglasS
16-01-2021, 11:03 PM
Two spirited omnigendered Demisexual with tendencies of pansexuality

Redway
16-01-2021, 11:21 PM
Demisexual, engaged to a man.

I’m not here to echo those transphobic sentiments but what makes demisexuality distinct?

Marsh.
16-01-2021, 11:24 PM
I’m not here to echo those transphobic sentiments but what makes demisexuality distinct?

She only feels sexual attraction to someone she loves I think.

Redway
17-01-2021, 02:23 AM
Like I said I’m not the one to dismiss orientation labels but I’m struggling to see how demisexuality is a sexual orientation in and of itself. I would’ve thought it’s more akin to to a specifier that can be applied to any of the three main sexualities since straight, gay and bisexual people alike might only form sexual attachments with people they feel an emotional bond with.

Oliver_W
17-01-2021, 09:50 AM
She only feels sexual attraction to someone she loves I think.

That doesn't warrant its own label. Only sleeping with someone one loves is called "not being a slut".

Redway
17-01-2021, 01:14 PM
I’ve got to side with Ollie as far as that one’s concerned. Pansexuality’s up for debate (on the implication that a pansexual would be attracted to those intermediate/transgender identifications whereas a “purely” bisexual person wouldn’t) but demisexual’s really stretching it. I don’t think it warrants an orientation label in and of itself.

Smithy
17-01-2021, 01:22 PM

That doesn't warrant its own label. Only sleeping with someone one loves is called "not being a slut".

So sleeping with someone you don’t love is being a slut?

Smithy
17-01-2021, 01:24 PM
I think (from my perspective anyway) sexuality is the group or gender (or whatever) of people you’re attracted too, if you’re only attracted to someone that you form an emotional connection with then that seems valid?

Redway
17-01-2021, 01:39 PM
I think (from my perspective anyway) sexuality is the group or gender (or whatever) of people you’re attracted too, if you’re only attracted to someone that you form an emotional connection with then that seems valid?

Either way it doesn’t have a great deal to do with orientation per se does it.

Oliver_W
17-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Only feels sexual attraction to someone she has feelings for.

Still doesn't need its own label.

Epic.
17-01-2021, 05:52 PM
Still doesn't need its own label.

And who do you think you are? The sexuality police?

Toy Soldier
17-01-2021, 05:56 PM
To be fair, I think people only feeling sexual attraction to people they have gotten to know and like (i.e. sexual feelings linked to emotional intimacy rather than basic physical impulse) is probably much more common than you'd think, and I'm not personally convinced it counts as a sexuality outside of the straight/gay/bi/asexual range.

In fact I think the argument that those are the only four "basic" sexualities that exist is pretty strong. Certainly, you'll get "subsets" within those (e.g. some straight people will struggle to be attracted to trans people, some will see no distinction, indeed some will have a preference) but surely, a man who is sexually attracted to a transwoman is not "pansexual", they are still a straight man, in terms of aesthetics.

And while there may be a gamut of descriptive genders, in terms of APPEARANCE and thus attraction it is still a binary; people who are mostly attracted to masculine features, people who are mostly attracted to feminine features, and people who can be attracted to both (or neither).

The crux of it I suppose its that it's about attractiveness to others and while you get to decide who you are attracted to - you don't get a personal choice about who YOU are attractive TO... e.g. A woman can be sexually attracted to a gay man, him being gay doesn't make him not attractive to straight females.

In that sense, the concepts of gender non-binary personal identification, and the inherently binary nature of sexual attraction, isn't 100% compatible... An attractive person with feminine features who identified as gender non-binary is not only attractive to "pansexuals"... They will still be mainly attractive to "people who are attracted to females", and probably not to those attracted to males. And I don't think it's -phobic in any way to point out that, no matter what someone's personal identification is, from an objective standpoint they are going to have masculine features, feminine features, or a mix of both. There is no 3rd/4th/5th+ feature set.

Elliot
17-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Why would anyone want to discuss the way they feel about their sexuality/gender on here when this is what they’ll get

Toy Soldier
17-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Why would anyone want to discuss the way they feel about their sexuality/gender on here when this is what they’ll getI don't see anyone doing anything other than discussing and posing questions here, if you can point out anyone who is deliberately looking to cause offense then do that?

I'd suggest otherwise that if people know this is a particularly sensitive topic for them and they simply don't want to talk about it... Then they aren't being forced to.

Oliver_W
17-01-2021, 06:13 PM
And who do you think you are? The sexuality police?

That's right :dance:

Jessica.
18-01-2021, 09:16 AM
I’m not here to echo those transphobic sentiments but what makes demisexuality distinct?I'm literally not attracted to any gender or any defining characteristics, demisexuality is a type of asexuality. I am asexual in every way apart from with this one person, I have never had a crush on anyone, never thought someone was hot, nothing. I'm only able to feel anything at all with my fiancé.

Novo
18-01-2021, 11:41 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tITtOXwwq3suIDoLmR/giphy.gif

DouglasS
18-01-2021, 11:47 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tITtOXwwq3suIDoLmR/giphy.gif

:laugh2:

Tom4784
18-01-2021, 12:19 PM
People are free to use whichever label they want, although I do think that some labels, like pansexuality and such aren't really different enough to be considered different to, say, bisexuality.

A lot of the things that define these 'fluid' sexualities are things that people with more static sexualities are capable of. Anyone is capable of forming a relationship based on an emotional connection, hell, you'll get plenty of straight people who may find themselves attracted to a same sex person based purely on things like that, just like you might get with a gay person and a member of the opposite sex.

There's also the murky issue with suggesting that only fluid people can be attracted to trans people which is silly and quite offensive to suggest that people with more static sexualities would somehow automatically discount trans people.

I do think that, sadly, these other labels have a habit of diminishing bisexuality by making it seem inherently less than.

GoldHeart
18-01-2021, 02:06 PM
People are free to use whichever label they want, although I do think that some labels, like pansexuality and such aren't really different enough to be considered different to, say, bisexuality.

A lot of the things that define these 'fluid' sexualities are things that people with more static sexualities are capable of. Anyone is capable of forming a relationship based on an emotional connection, hell, you'll get plenty of straight people who may find themselves attracted to a same sex person based purely on things like that, just like you might get with a gay person and a member of the opposite sex.

There's also the murky issue with suggesting that only fluid people can be attracted to trans people which is silly and quite offensive to suggest that people with more static sexualities would somehow automatically discount trans people.

I do think that, sadly, these other labels have a habit of diminishing bisexuality by making it seem inherently less than.

Maybe that's the problem , there's too many labels these days . And some people don't like labels.

And I use to think pansexuality was about liking anyone based on their personality, then I thought it was being attracted to trans , intersex aswell as men and women.

But bisexual has always meant 2 as in attracted to both men and women, but maybe it should still apply to open people in general.

I've even heard people say "trisexual" , but surely that's still bisexual/ curious .

Jessica.
19-01-2021, 01:05 PM
Some people feel that the bi label doesn't fit them well enough though, it literally doesn't affect anyone apart from the person identifying as the label they feel most drawn to. People obviously identify as pansexual because they don't feel like bisexuality fits what they are and how they feel attraction.

It took me a decade to find out there were other people like me and when I found that label I was relieved because I felt like I was the only one for all those years. I don't go around telling everyone I'm demi or put it in my social media bios or whatever, but if people ask then that's what I'm saying because I don't relate to being straight, gay or bi.

GoldHeart
20-01-2021, 02:14 AM
Yeah i understand , i just mean not everyone likes labels in general .
I've never heard of that term Demi , it sounds a bit similar to pans but with more of an emotional connection.

Bollo
23-01-2021, 01:14 AM
Straight...very boring I know... although I have a predilection for guys with longer hair which meant a lot of fights were picked my with fellas for us being gay...

Oliver_W
23-01-2021, 07:08 AM
Straight...very boring I know... although I have a predilection for guys with longer hair which meant a lot of fights were picked my with fellas for us being gay...

Makes me think of a scene in Will & Grace,,,

G: it's been so confusing since the newspaper started showing photos of gay couples. I mean, is that two men or two women?
W: I think it's just an unattractive straight couple

:hehe:

Jessica.
23-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Yeah i understand , i just mean not everyone likes labels in general .

I've never heard of that term Demi , it sounds a bit similar to pans but with more of an emotional connection.Yeah, I guess you could compare it to that, I never thought about it.

I have no clue if I'd still have this relationship if my fiancé hadn't been a man, like connecting with someone was a once in a lifetime thing for me so I don't even know if I'd have connected with any other genders. It's very complicated. :joker:

Redway
14-02-2023, 12:20 PM
How’s it going with your fiancé now, Jessica?

Nicky91
27-03-2023, 01:54 PM
i see i voted straight in this poll

but i consider myself to be more bisexual now, i like girls/women but also some guys

but have always had much respect for the LGBTQ+ Community

bitontheslide
27-03-2023, 02:23 PM
I'm attracted to ChatGPT

LeatherTrumpet
27-03-2023, 02:43 PM
i see i voted straight in this poll

but i consider myself to be more bisexual now, i like girls/women but also some guys

but have always had much respect for the LGBTQ+ Community

come back tomorrow with your latest update

Id imagine you will be a 2 spirit penguin?