PDA

View Full Version : An actual love triangle

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 10:06 AM
So real life situation involving people I know.

A women around 50 and two men around the same age

She was in a long term relationship with one then ended it got with a new guy moved in together but he found out she had been meeting her ex for more than coffee

While she was out with one her ex turned up resulting in a fight police got involved

She split with new partner and was back seeing ex but there is pattern in that. She then goes back to new partner but only go back to the ex and so on

What’s your thoughts about the situation and those involved???

Jake.
17-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Sounds like she either has no idea what she wants or she’s just being greedy.

I have sympathy towards the two guys but if she’s going to continue messing them about, they should both leave her :shrug:

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 10:21 AM
I would think it's none of my business unless I was actually involved

LeatherTrumpet
17-01-2021, 10:23 AM
is she hot?

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 10:42 AM

It’s just a thread topic for tibb.

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 10:48 AM
is she hot?

No

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 10:49 AM
It’s just a thread topic for tibb.I know? You asked what would be our thoughts and mine would be it's none of my business unless I was actually involved [emoji38]

Cherie
17-01-2021, 11:01 AM
The two men need to grow a pair and send her packing

She wants the best of both worlds and the men are allowing it in the hope she will settle with one of them

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 11:05 AM
I know? You asked what would be our thoughts and mine would be it's none of my business unless I was actually involved [emoji38]

Your the three monkeys in one

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 11:07 AM
Your the three monkeys in oneYou're*

Ammi
17-01-2021, 11:20 AM
...yeah for me also, I would say that it’s not for me to judge ...it doesn’t feel like there could be any trust for any of them with this and for me, trust is the fundamental that couldn’t be absent from a relationship...but if all three or any of the three feel that they want to continue with any aspect...then it really is their decision..l

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 11:33 AM
I agree with Cherie...weak men for actually keep allowing her to keep coming back..messing with their emotions. On the other hand since they have come to blows it may just become an ego thing as to who is actually going to 'win the prize'...but thats equally pathetic.
As for the woman...she must love 2 men fighting over her and it obviously is doing her ego the world of good...but shame on her for messing with peoples feelings.

Cherie
17-01-2021, 12:43 PM
I agree with Cherie...weak men for actually keep allowing her to keep coming back..messing with their emotions. On the other hand since they have come to blows it may just become an ego thing as to who is actually going to 'win the prize'...but thats equally pathetic.
As for the woman...she must love 2 men fighting over her and it obviously is doing her ego the world of good...but shame on her for messing with peoples feelings.

Yes you put it better than I could!

smudgie
17-01-2021, 01:02 PM
They could have a threesome.
They could have a rota.

It looks to be a pure sexual relationship so why bother settling down at all with either.
Life is short..enjoy it.

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 01:04 PM
You're*

Predictive phone text

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 01:17 PM

...but don't you have an opinion on it?

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 01:17 PM
You're*

Predictive phone text

GoldHeart
17-01-2021, 01:29 PM
You would think at age 50 people would stop playing these silly games :notimpressed: . If both the men know what she's doing then they should just both stop encouraging her . Sounds like she enjoys messing them both around .

And as I've said already before I don't like how cheating gets normalised . If you don't want to be with someone then just tell them and Stop stringing them along whilst you continue your affair :bored: .

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 01:31 PM
You would think at age 50 people would stop playing these silly games :notimpressed: . If both the men know what she's doing then they should just both stop encouraging her . Sounds like she enjoys messing them both around v .

And as I've said already before I don't like how cheating gets normalised . If you don't want to be with someone then just tell them and Stop stringing them along whilst you continue your affair :bored: .

Mid life crisis..:laugh:

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 02:33 PM
...but don't you have an opinion on it?Not really, people have weird relationships, no one properly knows whats going on unless they're involved :shrug:

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 04:01 PM
....but no in those threads it’s more or less the same, though... in that some aren’t placing judgement on the relationships/marriages etc of others...

I’ve not ask people to judge them just give an opinion

Real life threads don’t do well on tibb this place loves fiction rather than facts
It’s funny how people are willing to talk about people they don’t know rather than people we do.

If something happens in your family or friends circle you are going to have an opinion on it.

Non of my business don’t wash with me.

AnnieK
17-01-2021, 04:07 PM

Real life threads don’t do well on tibb this place loves fiction rather than facts
It’s funny how people are willing to talk about people they don’t know rather than people we do.

If something happens in your family or friends circle you are going to have an opinion on it.

But no-one other than you knows these people, we don't know anything about them at all.

Just because you feel that you would pass comment on others relationships doesn't mean everyone is the same. If I thought anyone I knew was discussing my private life on a forum, I would be pissed and certainly wouldn't discuss my friends on here...whether anyone knows them or not.

The people who are saying its none of their business are the same people who don't really pass comment on the likes of Meghan and Harry's relationship, they just tend to wish them well and argue against the discussion of how Harry is a brow beaten shadow of himself.

I like Smudgies answer the best....live and let live

Ammi
17-01-2021, 04:52 PM

...I don’t feel that it’s so much that the forum loves fiction rather than fact but more that many and maybe most of our debates, opinions, judgements etc are based on news stories, so we look for sources that we feel are more trustworthy and factual..(..because there will inevitably be ‘fiction’ involved as well for many...I did give an opinion, which is that for me there wouldn’t feel to be any foundation of trust for any of the three involved...but beyond that...?..there really isn’t anything else that I could have an opinion on or add/contribute..(...is what I feel...)...because it is a situation that is really only for the people involved and how they want to proceed...or not proceed etc...I don’t have any personal experiences to attach or relate either, so ....

...with Meghan and Harry, my general stance is mainly that most of the stories are media driven gossip...but actually, thinking about it...if this were a news story about them in a ‘triangle’...yeah, you’re completely right...it would indeed be several thousand pages long for sure...

thesheriff443
17-01-2021, 05:04 PM
But no-one other than you knows these people, we don't know anything about them at all.

Just because you feel that you would pass comment on others relationships doesn't mean everyone is the same. If I thought anyone I knew was discussing my private life on a forum, I would be pissed and certainly wouldn't discuss my friends on here...whether anyone knows them or not.

The people who are saying its none of their business are the same people who don't really pass comment on the likes of Meghan and Harry's relationship, they just tend to wish them well and argue against the discussion of how Harry is a brow beaten shadow of himself.

I like Smudgies answer the best....live and let live

People talk about you and you talk about other it’s human nature.

All the moral high ground of not talking about people you know it’s funny you feel free to talk about people you don’t know that might see your opinion on line.

AnnieK
17-01-2021, 05:31 PM
People talk about you and you talk about other it’s human nature.

All the moral high ground of not talking about people you know it’s funny you feel free to talk about people you don’t know that might see your opinion on line.

How is it moral high ground? I rarely get into any kind of contentious debate....I will talk about MY life but rarely others....and hardly ever in a derogatory way. If I do comment negatively it tends to be in threads such as the Phil Spectre one.

I have enough going on in my own life to worry about what other consenting adults are doing!

Toy Soldier
17-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Each to their own. I personally wouldn't do what the woman is doing in the situation described, and nor would I be either of the guys involved, I'd be out the door as soon as I heard there was someone else involved.

But their personal relationships are their business.

LeatherTrumpet
17-01-2021, 05:36 PM
id love to pass acerbic comment but here in my glass house i feel it would not be a good idea

:worry:

Toy Soldier
17-01-2021, 05:43 PM
id love to pass acerbic comment but here in my glass house i feel it would not be a good idea

:worry:Not the TL going back to her ex hubby but secretly having midnight rendezvous with LT on the side :worry:

LeatherTrumpet
17-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Not the TL going back to her ex hubby but secretly having midnight rendezvous with LT on the side :worry:

she is having hypnosis now

i feel its not the best feedback on the 3 years we were together..

:oh:

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 05:55 PM
A real life scenario....a bit of debate and opinions on a situation. A bit of harmless discussion. No one is judging anyone. No, we don’t know them in person but it doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on them.
At school we read books and encouraged to discuss characters and behaviour on both fictional and non fictional characters to get opinion and debate and different interpretations....
As far as Harry and Meghan are concerned they put themselves in the public domain and therefore they open themselves up for debate...just like Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Katie Price, to name but a few. No one seems to come on here and say we can’t pass comment on them because we don’t know them personally....but if you want to put yourself out there then there will be people that like you and some that don’t...that’s life.
All Sheriff was doing was giving us a scenario to give us something to debate..harmless debate.
We all have an opinion on people based on their actions...that’s why this forum can be good fun.

AnnieK
17-01-2021, 06:06 PM
A real life scenario....a bit of debate and opinions on a situation. A bit of harmless discussion. No one is judging anyone. No, we don’t know them in person but it doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on them.
At school we read books and encouraged to discuss characters and behaviour on both fictional and non fictional characters to get opinion and debate and different interpretations....
As far as Harry and Meghan are concerned they put themselves in the public domain and therefore they open themselves up for debate...just like Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Katie Price, to name but a few. No one seems to come on here and say we can’t pass comment on them because we don’t know them personally....but if you want to put yourself out there then there will be people that like you and some that don’t...that’s life.
All Sheriff was doing was giving us a scenario to give us something to debate..harmless debate.
We all have an opinion on people based on their actions...that’s why this forum can be good fun.

And all that is fine. What isn't is people saying that saying its none of their business is holier than thou or not valid :shrug: That is their opinion which is what we have been asked to give.

Toy Soldier
17-01-2021, 06:07 PM

:oh:"what did your last ex do after you guys broke up"

"oh not much... Got a haircut... Had a makeover... Joined a dating site... Found some wizards to ask them to delete her memory... The usual break up stuff..."

:joker:

Ammi
17-01-2021, 06:15 PM

:oh:

...it’s probably a CBT thing and more linked to her own typical behaviours and self esteem, some thing she’s doing for her own sense of self, whether in or out of a relationship...no reflection on you, though...

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 06:20 PM
And all that is fine. What isn't is people saying that saying its none of their business is holier than thou or not valid :shrug: That is their opinion which is what we have been asked to give. The thread asked for our opinions, I gave mine and was called a monkey (???) But I'm holier than thou....whatever

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 06:23 PM
And all that is fine. What isn't is people saying that saying its none of their business is holier than thou or not valid :shrug: That is their opinion which is what we have been asked to give.

But do you not think Kate that by saying it’s no ones business is a bit of a put down to anyone who has given an opinion on a scenario on a debate forum.
I mean it’s not like we are going to get ‘involved’ or going round their house to tell them what we think.. :laugh:

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 06:27 PM
The thread asked for our opinions, I gave mine and was called a monkey (???) But I'm holier than thou....whatever

I really don’t think he called you a monkey....you surely know the point he was making...

AnnieK
17-01-2021, 06:30 PM
But do you not think Kate that by saying it’s no ones business is a bit of a put down to anyone who has given an opinion on a scenario on a debate forum.
I mean it’s not like we are going to get ‘involved’ or going round their house to tell them what we think.. :laugh:

:laugh: but if you honestly wouldn't get involved if you knew the people personally then why can't you say that without being called names? Its created discussion which is the point of the forum anyway :laugh:

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 06:49 PM

I mean it’s not like we are going to get ‘involved’ or going round their house to tell them what we think.. [emoji23]I didn't say it was no ones business, I said it wasn't my business but apparently I'm not allowed my opinion on what my own thoughts are. Maybe I'll just stop replying to Sheriffs threads in future [emoji848]

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 06:49 PM
I really don’t think he called you a monkey....you surely know the point he was making...What point was he making?

The Slim Reaper
17-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Hard to speculate on the motivations of the harlot - maybe it's attention geared around being treated terribly in the past, maybe she's a sociopath, who knows?

Those dudes though...get some self respect.

Niamh tiptoeing through the thread

https://media.tenor.com/images/b688bb84738cfb027edb817b1d533952/tenor.gif

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Hard to speculate on the motivations of the harlot - maybe it's attention geared around being treated terribly in the past, maybe she's a sociopath, who knows?

Those dudes though...get some self respect.

Niamh tiptoeing through the thread

https://media.tenor.com/images/b688bb84738cfb027edb817b1d533952/tenor.gifHey! Are you calling me a monkey as well?

The Slim Reaper
17-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Hey! Are you calling me a monkey as well?

I'm not calling you anything. I just don't think it's a coincidence that they've suddenly started doing the river dance.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/9f/ce/549fce50274b730be8275310474fbc4e.gif

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 08:26 PM
I'm not calling you anything. I just don't think it's a coincidence that they've suddenly started doing the river dance.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/9f/ce/549fce50274b730be8275310474fbc4e.gif[emoji38]

Lewismacfarlane
17-01-2021, 08:55 PM
My friend was with someone but had feelings for me it was very awkward

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 09:55 PM
What point was he making?

By being 3 monkeys in one....refers to ‘see no evil’ ‘hear no evil’ and ‘speak no evil’ in response to your stance of turning a blind eye as it’s ‘none of your business’.....
...and I’m not saying you are blind in one eye either :laugh:

Niamh.
17-01-2021, 10:40 PM
By being 3 monkeys in one....refers to ‘see no evil’ ‘hear no evil’ and ‘speak no evil’ in response to your stance of turning a blind eye as it’s ‘none of your business’.....

...and I’m not saying you are blind in one eye either [emoji23]How am I turning a blind eye? Is a crime being committed? I wasn't aware that not being interested in other people's relationships was wrong

rusticgal
17-01-2021, 11:01 PM
How am I turning a blind eye? Is a crime being committed? I wasn't aware that not being interested in other people's relationships was wrong

It’s not....
It was just a scenario that happened to be happening to people he knew..Sheriff put it up for debate. He wasn’t asking people what they would do or how they would handle it...Had he...then your response would have made more sense.
No doubt many of us would have said the same thing...it was simply an innocent discussion.

Toy Soldier
18-01-2021, 01:54 AM
...it’s probably a CBT thing and more linked to her own typical behaviours and self esteem, some thing she’s doing for her own sense of self, whether in or out of a relationship...no reflection on you, though...I think it'll be an "Eternal Sunshine" scenario Ammi.

Ammi
18-01-2021, 06:15 AM
I think it'll be an "Eternal Sunshine" scenario Ammi.

...I love that movie...:love:.. I might to have a re-watch now...now look what you’ve done, TS...I’ll have to spend hours searching to see if it’s on a network that I can watch...

Ammi
18-01-2021, 06:27 AM
...honestly, I don’t understand why not having much to add to this scenario is being questioned so much and even felt criticised...this may be something that has been put forward for debate/discussion etc...but it’s also a scenario that involves three consenting adults who are fully aware of the ‘triangle’ it seems...there is no deception or anything involved so far as I can see...so very little in terms of discussion/debate points...these people all know the situation between them...so how does that then progress..?...well that’s entirely up to them how it progresses or doesn’t progress...and a response to express that makes complete perfect sense in the context given because it’s an entirely personal situation that only those who are involved can decide...

Ammi
18-01-2021, 06:29 AM
...I am intrigued as to TS being awake at 3am, though...

thesheriff443
18-01-2021, 07:28 AM
...honestly, I don’t understand why not having much to add to this scenario is being questioned so much and even felt criticised...this may be something that has been put forward for debate/discussion etc...but it’s also a scenario that involves three consenting adults who are fully aware of the ‘triangle’ it seems...there is no deception or anything involved so far as I can see...so very little in terms of discussion/debate points...these people all know the situation between them...so how does that then progress..?...well that’s entirely up to them how it progresses or doesn’t progress...and a response to express that makes complete perfect sense in the context given because it’s an entirely personal situation that only those who are involved can decide...

Every thread on tibb that doesn’t involve any of us directly is none of our business but we still give an opinion.

Moving on!

Ammi
18-01-2021, 07:54 AM
...and it’s often said by some that they don’t have a particular opinion about many of those threads and no criticism is directed because of that...yeah, moving on...