PDA

View Full Version : Any shameless fans.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Seriously.. I'm binging on netflix.

This programme is insane..I'm laughing then I'm in floods of tears...sitting gulping the emosh away.

Series 4 so far..beat one yet is 3

Jake.
22-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Love the US one, not watched the UK one yet

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:06 PM
I loved the UK one...amazing. The US one I tried, but couldn't get at all.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Love the US one, not watched the UK one yet

I've never even attempted to watch that.

If you are british why on earth did you go there first.

The uk one is a dream to behold..series one isnt the best but needs watched for the future story lines.

I cant believe how emotional it gets me.

Black Dagger
22-01-2021, 07:10 PM
First 3 series are the definition of gritty, must watch drama.

After that its ****ing dross.

I've not been watching Shameless US recently but know they're on the last season and it was holding up really well compared. But then they kept all their cast for the majority of it's run.

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:12 PM
I swear so many aspects of the UK one, actually mirrored my life at the time. Like, I know people watch it as a drama and its entertainment, but I was brought up in an area that had an estate exactly like it, and the characters, I could put down to people I knew. The lot of it, it was so realistic to me :laugh:

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:12 PM
I lost interest really once it started focussing on the mcguires, rather than the gallaghers.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:13 PM
I disagree mr dagger.

Yeah the final 2 series were a bit daft, but they had some very dark moments in them that brought some long running storylines to a conclusion. But up until that, imo it held it's own and moved with the times.

Jake.
22-01-2021, 07:14 PM
I've never even attempted to watch that.

If you are british why on earth did you go there first.

The uk one is a dream to behold..series one isnt the best but needs watched for the future story lines.

I cant believe how emotional it gets me.

Idk, I guess because the US version has kept the same kinda level of quality according to reviews, whereas the UK series takes a massive dip :laugh:

I will get round to it though

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:15 PM
I swear so many aspects of the UK one, actually mirrored my life at the time. Like, I know people watch it as a drama and its entertainment, but I was brought up in an area that had an estate exactly like it, and the characters, I could put down to people I knew. The lot of it, it was so realistic to me :laugh:

It haunts me sometimes..makes me see myself as a teenager..I think that's why it brings out so much emosh..

I love it though...I've probably binged watched it thrice before.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:17 PM
I'm on series one episode one now..

After watching 2-4 this week already.

Poor ian x

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I will probably binge this now I know its on netflix tbh. I rewatch it all every now and again, probably 3-4 times so far..thats when I know ****s good, when you CAN rewatch it and not be bored :D

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:22 PM
I remember intense hate for Lip. Right from the off. All my friends loved him, and fancied him usually. I never got it. Never really had a reason why though..was odd.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Tis true vicky..a very quick hour or two....or four..can be had.

infact I'm sure in the past I've skipped work cause it's been like half 2 in the morning and I'm still laying in the bed sideways with the head on the pillow watching with tears streaming down the side of my face.

Only other show to do that to me has been bb live feed.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:26 PM
I remember intense hate for Lip. Right from the off. All my friends loved him, and fancied him usually. I never got it. Never really had a reason why though..was odd.

On youtube ...

Search james English..he has done an interview podcast thing with the actor who plays lip...2021.

A very interesting story he has to tell.

Helen woods is also interviewed in an other one from 2020...but I know you are above that piece of ****.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Let's change this thread to...your favourite shameless character...

Josy
22-01-2021, 07:49 PM
I loved it for the first few seasons then like others have mentioned it took a turn for the worst still watched it though lol, I was actually rewatching on Netflix for a while before xmas but I've drifted away from it since.

I loved Kev n Veronica

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 07:50 PM
Veronica was amazing. She wasnt in it long though IIRC
She was definitely my fave to start with

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Kevs a legend.

My favourite is debs and her relationship with everyone else. Especially Marty.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Atm

parmnion
22-01-2021, 07:53 PM
But then you get sheila tantric wanking off the copper to improve his sexual stamina

Wtf.

parmnion
22-01-2021, 08:12 PM
Trivia question..

What other dark comedy series did shiela's original husband appear on.

Josy
22-01-2021, 08:59 PM
Trivia question..

What other dark comedy series did shiela's original husband appear on.League of gentlemen

Ramsay
22-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Watched UK one first and thought it was really good for the first few seasons and took a nosedive halfway through
USA has been more consistently great, once they went their own way with the storylines it became better imo. Probably because they kept the original cast members throughout so better attached to them.
Also UK never reached the heights of this scene
15_nAnypXws

parmnion
22-01-2021, 09:17 PM
League of gentlemen

Doof hat giff

parmnion
22-01-2021, 09:18 PM
Watched UK one first and thought it was really good for the first few seasons and took a nosedive halfway through
USA has been more consistently great, once they went their own way with the storylines it became better imo. Probably because they kept the original cast members throughout so better attached to them.
Also UK never reached the heights of this scene
15_nAnypXws

Pfftt.

Frank ****ed a 15 yr old.

Daniel-X
22-01-2021, 09:55 PM
The UK version is one of my favourite TV shows ever. So many amazing characters and stories.

Unpopular opinion but I think 1-6 are all top tier (with 6 being my personal favourite) and I think the Maguires are better than the Gallaghers...

7 is watchable and 8-11 are pretty dross but I still stuck with them.

Vicky.
22-01-2021, 10:18 PM
USA has been more consistently great, once they went their own way with the storylines it became better imo.

I think this is why I could never get into the US one actually, the few I tried was basically an exact copy of ours, just with different (worse, though I didnt give a chance really) actors. If it differs, that would be interesting. I never really gave a chance beyond the very start though really :laugh:

I think the Maguires are better than the Gallaghers...

I think some of the characters are tbf. Mimi I ****ing adore :laugh: And Frank did get quite stale, as did a few gallaghers really. I think it was the...change to be about crime ****. Or thats how it came across. I never watched it for gangster type storylines, which seemed to kind of take over at one stage (from memory, been a while since I watched tbf)

Dont even think I watched the last few series at all, thinking about it..

Ramsay
22-01-2021, 11:46 PM
I think this is why I could never get into the US one actually, the few I tried was basically an exact copy of ours, just with different (worse, though I didnt give a chance really) actors. If it differs, that would be interesting. I never really gave a chance beyond the very start though really :laugh:

Yeah it's only the first season I think that's a copy and paste job but after that it goes its own way since Fiona and Steve leave in the UK one after season two but they stay in the usa one. I'd really recommend giving another go!
There's a great episode in a later season wheree frank is in hospital cus his kidneys are failing and a little girl is beside him and he gets so out of it that he thinks it's Fiona and it's very emotional and aw it's just a better all rounded show IMO