PDA

View Full Version : CBD Oil

Smithy
26-01-2021, 08:32 PM
I know there was already a thread on this, but it’s locked bc Reece’s mum is a dealer or something but anyway

Does anyone else use it? I’ve recently started and I’m supposed to take a couple of drops under the tongue but I honestly find the taste so revolting that I’m really struggling with it

Does anyone have an advice or anything? :spin:

Rob!
26-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Just have a joint and a big bag of Doritos love

Redway
26-01-2021, 08:56 PM
Just have a joint and a big bag of Doritos love

^

That. I wouldn’t go as far as discounting the positive effects of CBD oil all-round but it didn’t do much for me. Unless there was a specific medical reason behind it I’d rather just have a bong.

Jake.
26-01-2021, 08:57 PM
What good is smoking it going to be if he doesn’t like the taste lol?

hijaxers
26-01-2021, 08:58 PM
I know there was already a thread on this, but it’s locked bc Reece’s mum is a dealer or something but anyway

Does anyone else use it? I’ve recently started and I’m supposed to take a couple of drops under the tongue but I honestly find the taste so revolting that I’m really struggling with it

Someone just gave us a cbd lollipop ~ its the strangest texture but is very lemony and dope flavoured ~ just wrapped it back up for tomorrow :laugh:
I had no idea these were even available .

Redway
26-01-2021, 08:58 PM
You ever actually smoked weed Smithy?

Smithy
26-01-2021, 09:04 PM
No the smell of weed is ****ing disgusting

AnnieK
26-01-2021, 09:23 PM
There are so many variables with CBD oil....what are you using it for (if that's not too personal).

parmnion
26-01-2021, 10:14 PM
Someone just gave us a cbd lollipop ~ its the strangest texture but is very lemony and dope flavoured ~ just wrapped it back up for tomorrow :laugh:
I had no idea these were even available .

Yes.. I have ordered 50 sweeties from my pal in Norfolk...he says they are very popular.

I couldnt believe it..nor can I remember how much it is going to cost...

I sense the number 35...fingers crossed.

Smithy
27-01-2021, 09:21 AM
There are so many variables with CBD oil....what are you using it for (if that's not too personal).

Anxiety predominantly

AnnieK
27-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Anxiety predominantly

The stuff you buy in Health food shops etc is no good for anxiety. You need medical grade (or illegal with the THC not removed) really. Have you ever tried Rescue Remedy? I used to use that when my anxiety was bad and it seemed to work.....although I was also on meds from the doc too so probably a cumulative effect.

Ammi
27-01-2021, 09:30 AM
...Smithy..:hug:..are you registered with a medical practice/GP in your new address...?...

Niamh.
27-01-2021, 09:34 AM
There was a massive case here over the last few years actually to do with a little girl who was maybe 6 at the time, she had a very severe type of epilepsy called Dravets Syndrome, which causes multiple seizures every day. She was on masses of medication for it which her mother wasn't happy about. She ended up going the the Netherlands to get CBD (it was illegal here at the time) and it was crazy how effective it was for her, she's off all other medication now and you are allowed access to it here now with state permission I believe (that was mainly down to this girls mother's endless campaigning)

Captain.Remy
27-01-2021, 09:58 AM
There was a massive case here over the last few years actually to do with a little girl who was maybe 6 at the time, she had a very severe type of epilepsy called Dravets Syndrome, which causes multiple seizures every day. She was on masses of medication for it which her mother wasn't happy about. She ended up going the the Netherlands to get CBD (it was illegal here at the time) and it was crazy how effective it was for her, she's off all other medication now and you are allowed access to it here now with state permission I believe (that was mainly down to this girls mother's endless campaigning)

It seems like is particularly effective on neurological disorders like epilepsy indeed. There are so many cases like those and it's encouraging, but also says a lot about mass medication and how medication is used.
I think it should be used in moderation, just like any medication, also.

Smithy, maybe you can take your drops on a biscuit or on a piece of sugar, if that helps with the taste?

Niamh.
27-01-2021, 10:03 AM
It seems like is particularly effective on neurological disorders like epilepsy indeed. There are so many cases like those and it's encouraging, but also says a lot about mass medication and how medication is used.

Smithy, maybe you can take your drops on a biscuit or on a piece of sugar, if that helps with the taste?

Absolutely but this girl couldn't even function her seizures were so bad, she was having up 16 seizures in the space of 36 hours

Marsh.
27-01-2021, 10:07 AM

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Marsh.
27-01-2021, 10:08 AM
big bag of Doritos love

:drool:

Gstar
27-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Never tried but I’ve heard good things in terms of pain relief and (dare I say it) cancer

Weed has been known to exacerbate anxiety rather than treating it but those claims have been through smoking joints so unsure if the same thing applies in the form of oil

Smithy
27-01-2021, 11:15 AM
...Smithy..:hug:..are you registered with a medical practice/GP in your new address...?...
Not yet, but I’m back and forth between Lancaster and Manchester for work so I’m still getting my meds from my GP in Lancaster
The stuff you buy in Health food shops etc is no good for anxiety. You need medical grade (or illegal with the THC not removed) really. Have you ever tried Rescue Remedy? I used to use that when my anxiety was bad and it seemed to work.....although I was also on meds from the doc too so probably a cumulative effect.
I’ve got meds for the anxiety but some people said it might help moreso with the physical side effects my anxiety causes? I thought I’d give it a go and see how it went

Yeah this is what I was wondering, basically if I can take it on food/in a drink and see if it would have the same effect

Toy Soldier
27-01-2021, 11:45 AM
From my experiences of trying to feed medications to fussy, unwell, screaming children:

If you mix a tablespoon of icing sugar and a teaspoon of nutella into pretty much anything, it successfully masks the taste.

PLEASE do not take the absolutely shocking advice above to start smoking weed to combat anxiety :facepalm:. Jesus ****ing christ folks.

Josy
27-01-2021, 11:58 AM
I use it daily, if you dont like the taste you can put it in a drink or on a piece of food etc to disguise it other than that just sip a drink straight after to try get rid of the taste faster.

Make sure you are buying decent quality stuff.

Josy
27-01-2021, 11:59 AM
^

That. I wouldn’t go as far as discounting the positive effects of CBD oil all-round but it didn’t do much for me. Unless there was a specific medical reason behind it I’d rather just have a bong.Such an ill informed post

Josy
27-01-2021, 12:01 PM
I have CBD oil, lollipops, sweets, bath bombs and a heat cream

Most are pretty expensive tbf but I wouldn't be without them

Ammi
27-01-2021, 12:03 PM
...putting it under the tongue would help it absorb very quickly, as with insulin gel when it’s needed ...?...I found this site, I don’t know if it’s useful to you....but you could take capsules if you felt they were effective also...obviously they’d more slow acting...see what you think...

https://premiumjane.com/blog/how-to-mask-the-taste-of-cbd-oil/

Josy
27-01-2021, 12:05 PM
Putting it under the tongue is the recommended way to take it Ammi

Ammi
27-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Putting it under the tongue is the recommended way to take it Ammi

...is that to get it into the bloodstream quickly, Josy....?...I honestly don’t know much about it but I’ve administered insulin gel to children for that reason...

Josy
27-01-2021, 12:09 PM
...is that to get it into the bloodstream quickly, Josy....?...I honestly don’t know much about it but I’ve administered insulin gel to children for that reason...Yes that's exactly it, to get it straight into the bloodstream

Ammi
27-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Yes that's exactly it, to get it straight into the bloodstream

..my thoughts would be that it wouldn’t be as effective in capsule form, possibly...but capsules..(...I’m thinking things like Any essential oil capsule...)...are reasonably quick working, the actual capsule/outer skin thing, breaks down pretty quickly...?...I need to read more about CBD oil, I think...

Smithy
27-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Yeah I saw that under the tongue was the quickest way to get it into the bloodstream but it also means I have to suffer with the taste :laugh:

Just wondering if I took it orally with food/water if the effect would be the same and/or last as long

Cherie
27-01-2021, 01:22 PM
What does it do for you Josy, make you feel calm?

Ammi
27-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Yeah I saw that under the tongue was the quickest way to get it into the bloodstream but it also means I have to suffer with the taste :laugh:

Just wondering if I took it orally with food/water if the effect would be the same and/or last as long

...it does also suggest on that site ...

Remember when you were a kid and you couldn’t stand the taste of black coffee or unsweetened tea? In a similar sense, CBD is no doubt an acquired taste. If you consume it often enough, your taste buds might just evolve to appreciate the flavor profile, rather than try and avoid it

...or brushing your teeth just before you put it under your tongue..?...

https://premiumjane.com/blog/how-to-mask-the-taste-of-cbd-oil/

rusticgal
27-01-2021, 02:14 PM

My friend uses it...I tried it once and you are right its absolutely disgusting.

Josy
27-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Yeah I saw that under the tongue was the quickest way to get it into the bloodstream but it also means I have to suffer with the taste [emoji23]

Just wondering if I took it orally with food/water if the effect would be the same and/or last as longIt wouldnt work as fast and more than likely would be weaker by the time it reaches your bloodstream What does it do for you Josy, make you feel calm?I use it for both pain and anxiety

Ninastar
27-01-2021, 02:46 PM
If you can get the vape version it’s worth it

However the real stuff is cheaper and better so I just use that tbh

I’ve never felt better

Stu
27-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Tasted fetid when I tried it, too. Found the same with valerian root extract years ago. Seems to be just a thing with dropper based products.

I just get the bud, on occasion (I.E <0.02% THC, all CBD), because I still dig the aesthetic of ganja smoking. You can get an ounce of it from the U.S. for peanuts and it definitely gives me a very subtle but present bodily satisfaction and smile on my face (I don't particularly need it for anything but I'm fidgety as hell by nature and it slows that down). It's not the healthiest way to take it, granted, but getting CBD complimented by the full constituents of cannabinoids in the plant (bar the negligible THC content) is the way to go.

Turns out that's all I want from the plant, nowadays.

Vicky.
27-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Totally useless for me, much to my disappoitment. I tried a few brands, incase it was the brand, I triedvery expensive, incase it was quality...and **** all.

Interestingly enough though, smoking weed seems to help with it. My brother swears this is not possible but..its true.

Have also oddly discovered a semi-cure for my pain issues recently. Which is an illegal drug, so I cannot tell my GP I know the problem now (in order to try meds that might actually work..), as I can't tell her how I found out!

CBD oil though, that was an awful letdown. Everyone aid how great it was. How quick it worked. How it totally removed pain rather than just dulling it, etc etc. Must have spent 500 quid or so while experimenting with brands and such :bored:

Smithy
27-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Not Vicky advising I take up heroin to sort out my anxiety issues

Smithy
27-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Wonder if Reece’s mum could help out there

Vicky.
27-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Not Vicky advising I take up heroin to sort out my anxiety issues

Ahaha not likely. Mind, medical grade smack is fairly decent, got that when in labour and did not know what it was til someone informed me that I had indeed sampled heroin :S

Also for some reason, thought this was about pain, not anxiety. Despite the posts you made..

Vicky.
27-01-2021, 07:40 PM
(Also not advocating smithy try stuff thats illegal. Just read the whole thread :laugh: The oil didnt work for me, smoking it did, oddly)

Prescription wise..has your GP ever tried pregablin for you? One of my friends was awful with anxiety, sometimes could not leave the house at all and often basically shat herself at stuff like the phone ringing. Shes on a really low dose of that now and its working wonders.

Smithy
27-01-2021, 07:49 PM
No, tbh the meds I’m on atm control my anxiety in general, I’m just currently going through some really stressful personal **** that’s giving me more of a spike than normal (if that makes sense) and it basically just gives me bad physical side effect like a loss of appetite.

I feel like I’m waffling but basically I’m just trying to negate the lack of appetite with CBD oil rather than change my meds bc in normal circumstances my meds work fine

Vicky.
27-01-2021, 07:55 PM
Ah right, got ya.

Didn't realise the oil lowered appetite either. Assumed it was the same as smoking it, where most get the munchies! Never affected my appetite, though maybe you need to get the bad effects, to feel the good, or something.

Smithy
27-01-2021, 07:59 PM
No the oil doesn’t reduce my appetite, my anxiety reduces my appetite so I’m trying to use the oil to negate that :tongue:

Vicky.
27-01-2021, 08:09 PM
No the oil doesn’t reduce my appetite, my anxiety reduces my appetite so I’m trying to use the oil to negate that :tongue:

Need to turn my ****ing brain on recently it seems :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
27-01-2021, 08:16 PM
unless an actual doctor who studied medicine said to take it

i mean, wtf

Marsh.
27-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Not heroin. :skull: Reece's mam needs to chill.

Ammi
30-01-2021, 07:11 AM
...(...bit of useless information...)...I had a CBD oil ad pop up, it must have been because of discussing this the other day...anyway, the ad was for David Attenborough promoting/endorsing the oil and read like he had his own CBD oil company or something ...flicking down the ad there were many celebrities saying how amazing it was for their health and also endorsing it...which was fine except that one of them was Sean Connery and he died...anyway, that was odd so I googled David Attenborough and CBD oil and apparently ‘big names’ are used but those celebrities have no involvement with the product...that’s probably the case for lots of things/products actually...but just a bit interesting...