PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Redway
29-01-2021, 10:14 PM
There’s no doubt that either count as some of the best days of the year but which do you prefer - the immediate build-up or the day itself?

Smithy
29-01-2021, 10:18 PM
The day, Christmas Eve is low key boring

Legrand
29-01-2021, 10:41 PM
Eve honestly, I love the feeling of anticipation. The day is underwhelming mostly.

Daniel.
29-01-2021, 10:47 PM
The Day...obviously? Eve is a normal day

joeysteele
29-01-2021, 10:54 PM
I preferred Eve.
As often Christmas Day got quite manic in the family home.

Really have always liked both but I'd choose Christmas eve over the day if pressed.

Redway
29-01-2021, 10:54 PM
The Day...obviously? Eve is a normal day

It depends who you are. Some would say Christmas Day is an anti-climax with not much going for it after it whereas the Eve has more anticipation. Especially if you’re the type who believes in Christmas Eve traditions (eating out/getting a takeaway before the day).

joeysteele
29-01-2021, 11:05 PM
Just to confuse though, I actually preferred Boxing day of the 3.
It was always a more relaxing day and reflecting on the previous two.

Daniel.
29-01-2021, 11:14 PM
It depends who you are. Some would say Christmas Day is an anti-climax with not much going for it after it whereas the Eve has more anticipation. Especially if you’re the type who believes in Christmas Eve traditions (eating out/getting a takeaway before the day).

I never find the day an anti climax, I like presents giving and receiving and the big dinner and time with family.

I normally get a takeaway or eat out on Christmas Eve but then again I do most Friday nights, so

Redway
29-01-2021, 11:24 PM
I never find the day an anti climax, I like presents giving and receiving and the big dinner and time with family.

I normally get a takeaway or eat out on Christmas Eve but then again I do most Friday nights, so

I grew up in Liverpool and Scousers have quite a few traditions surrounding Christmas Eve (including takeaways and playing board games) so that’s probably why I’m biased towards that day.

I like the period between the 27th and the New Year but Boxing Day’s always been a big anti-climax for me. Similarly Sundays feel like an anti-climax after the core weekend period (Friday evening/Saturday)’s over and I’d automatically choose Friday over Saturday as a favourite day of the week for that reason (anticipation).

caprimint
30-01-2021, 01:59 AM
Christmas Eve is always boring to me because it just drags waiting for the actual day.

Oliver_W
30-01-2021, 08:06 AM
Eve was usually nice because we would go to Midnight Mass, and "Santa comes" (our cleaner gets the presents out the boot of her car) and we could open one before bedtime :love:

AnnieK
30-01-2021, 08:37 AM
I like them both....when my son was younger christmas eve and christmas morning were both magical....the excitement levels were through the roof.

Cal.
30-01-2021, 02:41 PM
The Day. Never really enjoyed the Eve

Bollo
31-01-2021, 12:41 AM
Christmas Eve... Traditionally me and my best mate meet up at hers for a tipple, we exchange gifts and then go out for drinks at the local pubs where we meet up with a load of mates we haven't seen for ages..
This year was a little different but still fun... We met in a pub garden ( which was freezing) to have dinner ,we swapped our bag of presents ( which had been anti bac'ed and wrapped with gloves) then drove back separately to our homes, video called and then unwrapped our presents together with a little tipple..