PDA

View Full Version : How much food you you waste each week?

LeatherTrumpet
31-01-2021, 12:52 PM
ie dont eat, forget to eat, leave on your plate - go out of date etc

I rarely leave food on my plate and neither do my children and i take it personally if an item of food goes out of date as i hate waste.

The birds would get things as best they can. when the TLs child would stuff the bin with uneaten takeaway food i fished it out and put it on the shed roof and the seagulls ate it all.

How about you?

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6I mh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xODM0MzI4MS9vcmlnaW4 uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyNDIyNzc5OX0.uJVTcTQsY aGitcMwLT9qMNlvYl_VXLwaLdsWL0Ynmbo/img.jpg?width=1245&quality=85&coordinates=40%2C0%2C40%2C0&height=700

Smithy
31-01-2021, 12:55 PM
Takeaways I always save leftover for the next day cause it tastes better

Food I only buy what I need for meals and usually freeze what I cook in bulk

The only stuff that goes in the bin is leftovers from meals that aren’t worth sparing or stuff like garlic cause I don’t use that much but obv you can only buy it in heads :fist:

Niamh.
31-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Very little really, there's very little left that either the dog, birds or the foxes wouldn't eat

AnnieK
31-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Very little, normally put bread, apple cores etc out for the wildlife....I'm careful that stuff of used befor it goes out of date and I tend to batch cook and freeze meals in individual portions.