PDA

View Full Version : How do you have your pancakes/Pancake Tuesday...

Ammi
16-02-2021, 01:47 PM
...I feel as though Alf would have made this so in his absence and in his honour....

...do you/will you have pancakes and what’s your favourite way to have them...?...

Niamh.
16-02-2021, 01:48 PM
No I don't like Pancakes, the rest of them are having them at lunch while I'm at work

UserSince2005
16-02-2021, 01:49 PM
no pancakes, im too healthy for them.

The Slim Reaper
16-02-2021, 01:50 PM
I always like the idea of pancakes, but then they're so sickly they just remind me why I don't have them.

Jessica.
16-02-2021, 02:12 PM
I usually like American style pancakes with fruit and maple syrup but I'm not having any until after dinner, haven't decided what kind I'll make.

Cherie
16-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Paper thin and with lemon and sugar only, none of this nutella nonsense :yuk:

Ammi
16-02-2021, 02:33 PM
I usually like American style pancakes with fruit and maple syrup but I'm not having any until after dinner, haven't decided what kind I'll make.

...I have some blueberries and I thought, should I make blueberry pancakes because I was just reminded by someone that it was pancake day...but it would actually feel like I was spoiling the blueberries because I just like to eat them as they are...not wrapped in batter...

Jessica.
16-02-2021, 02:49 PM
...I have some blueberries and I thought, should I make blueberry pancakes because I was just reminded by someone that it was pancake day...but it would actually feel like I was spoiling the blueberries because I just like to eat them as they are...not wrapped in batter...

Yeah, they are so good when they are fresh, I use frozen ones for pancakes, save them. :love:

LaLaLand
16-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Waiting for my sister to get home from work anytime now then having.

I'm traditional and just like the sugar/lemon juice combo but she tries different things - chocolate spread, strawberries, peanut butter etc.

arista
16-02-2021, 02:52 PM
...I feel as though Alf would have made this so in his absence and in his honour....

...do you/will you have pancakes and what’s your favourite way to have them...?...

Old Alf will like that.

arista
16-02-2021, 02:54 PM

Swell.

LeatherTrumpet
16-02-2021, 02:56 PM
My daughters made lovely pancakes and sent pics but i could not be bothered with the idea - when are you supposed to eat them they would spoil my tea?

Cherie
16-02-2021, 03:01 PM
My daughters made lovely pancakes and sent pics but i could not be bothered with the idea - when are you supposed to eat them they would spoil my tea?

For tea? :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
16-02-2021, 03:02 PM
For tea? :laugh:

i mean my evening meal

when are you supposed to eat them in the afternoon?

or as a pudding?

bitontheslide
16-02-2021, 04:32 PM
never have them, they are so unhealthy

Zizu
16-02-2021, 04:39 PM
never have them, they are so unhealthy

Once a year ??

Don’t some Americans have them every morning with maple syrup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hijaxers
16-02-2021, 04:52 PM
Not a lover of pancakes ~ my dad used to make piles of them every year , he did pancakes on Shrove Tues and wonderful battered scollops on Boxing day ! Loved those but pancakes Nah not for me.

LeatherTrumpet
16-02-2021, 05:03 PM
im going to celebrate by having a cool refreshing glass of white wine

Jesus liked wine, indeed he made it

i feel more shriven that way

:hee:

Bollo
16-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Lemon and sugar. I won't be having them today as I've been working and can't be arsed with the faff....However on my day off i go to my support bubble house and if they have any left over I'll be on the scrounge...

GoldHeart
16-02-2021, 10:38 PM
Usually just eat pancakes for dinner and dessert , different toppings from maple syrup to marmalade to cheese etc .

Any left over then continue eating in the next few days. I couldn't eat another dinner on top of pancakes as they're filling enough.

Babayaro.
16-02-2021, 11:33 PM
Had them last night

The different toppings were GÜ salted caramel & chocolate spread, M&M crunchy peanut butter, some milkybar and dark chocolate salted caramel dairy milk

Vicky.
16-02-2021, 11:55 PM
I put a bit of salt on them..thats it

I find the thought of 'sweet' pancakes quite awful so have never tried

caprimint
17-02-2021, 02:32 AM
Lemon & sugar

Zizu
17-02-2021, 02:38 AM
Lemon & sugar

Nice

I tried lemon and sugar
Then lemon , sugar and maple syrup

Settled on Maple syrup and a sprinkling of sugar..

In Rhodes my nightly treat was crepes with a Southern Comfort topping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shaun
17-02-2021, 04:26 AM
I do the same every pancake day... but this year the co-op was out of strawberries :worry: I tried to caramelise some raspberries instead but it, uh... ended up looking more like a sauce. If I'd intended to do that it would've been lovely!

Put some blueberries into the pancake batter, and served them with that sauce and some bananas.

I do the American style though, not crepes. Crepes are fine, but nothing on the real thing. I use this recipe since it's 100% foolproof and turns out great (the batter always seems too 'wet' but it should be): https://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/Pancakes.html (she's a really good source for a whole bunch of recipes, I've found)

Ammi
17-02-2021, 05:28 AM
...I’ll try a recipe of hers, Shaun...I tend to use the BBC website a lot because I’m not sure that I’ve ever had a recipe from one of their chefs that isn’t easy and just lovely...anything baking related, though would generally be either our Mary or sexy Nigella and her me-crow-warvey ...

BigSister
19-02-2021, 11:36 AM
I just have lemon and sugar on mine