PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Prince Harry would of?

thesheriff443
22-02-2021, 07:31 AM
Do you think prince Harry would of left the royal family if he had married some one like Kate Middleton?

LeatherTrumpet
22-02-2021, 07:32 AM
nope

Oliver_W
22-02-2021, 08:00 AM
Would HAVE!

I'm not usually a grammar nazi but people using of instead of have is sooo annoying :joker:

Oliver_W
22-02-2021, 08:02 AM
But anyway ... Do I think he would've left the Royal Family if he didn't marry an American actress who wants to live the Hollywood lifestyle? Probably not.

joeysteele
22-02-2021, 08:17 AM
It's hard to say.
Marrying someone like Kate, may not have altered any internal discord in the family.

Prince Harry had before his military career, a liking for a more free time in his life.

I have a feeling, he may have wanted to chart out his own way, it equally would have depended again on our media.

Just because he in this scenario had married someone of the personality of Kate.
Doesn't mean they wouldn't have still hounded his wife differently even then.

The media have had headlines from Prince Harry for many years, and long before he was ever connected to Meghan.

Nothing much at all from Prince William.
So they'd have still I think been looking for some let's say, juicier things to report on.
So the negative hounding of Prince Harry's wife immaterial of who it was would probably have gone on.
The girl he was connected with before, clearly wanted none of the attention thrown at her, even though they weren't even a then declared couple.

So, really my short answer is, I think some split from the straitjacketed Royal duty life, would have been inevitable.

arista
22-02-2021, 08:27 AM
Do you think prince Harry would of left the royal family if he had married some one like Kate Middleton?

No.

GoldHeart
22-02-2021, 09:08 AM

Harry has NOT left the royal family .

If you mean if he married an English rose , then obviously the dynamic would of been different and his wife wouldn't of experienced so much racism & xenophobia .

But I still think Harry would of stepped down from royal duties, because believe it or not Harry is an adult who can also make decisions and he's not a puppet no matter how much people would assume.

Cherie
22-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Well obviously it is hard to say, I never thought I would see him in Hollywood though, I though he was looked happiest in Africa, but he is a grown man nearly 40 so we have to assume he knows his own mind :laugh:

Niamh.
22-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Well obviously it is hard to say, I never thought I would see him in Hollywood though, I though he was looked happiest in Africa, but he is a grown man nearly 40 so we have to assume he knows his own mind :laugh:

Exactly, clearly if he'd married an English woman or any other woman, things wouldn't have went exactly the same because there would have been a different dynamic but he chose to marry Meghan so.......?

Livia
22-02-2021, 11:58 AM
Maybe if he'd just married someone with a bigger talent and a smaller ego?

Anyhoo, it's done now and he's gone. If only they'd both stay gone.

rusticgal
22-02-2021, 02:51 PM
No....

I read that the Queen wanted Harry and Meghan to go out to his beloved Africa and represent the Commonwealth. I think with the right person he would have loved that opportunity...

Jessica.
22-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Would've*

hijaxers
22-02-2021, 03:15 PM
Maybe if he'd just married someone with a bigger talent and a smaller ego?

Anyhoo, it's done now and he's gone. If only they'd both stay gone.

:clap1:

Smithy
22-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Harry was clearly never that happy being part of the royal family, he was always the one getting into trouble so yes he probably would have

jet
22-02-2021, 03:33 PM
No....

I read that the Queen wanted Harry and Meghan to go out to his beloved Africa and represent the Commonwealth. I think with the right person he would have loved that opportunity...

Yes, I read that too...
And also in a Harry bio that his dream was to live there with a family of his own one day, doing charitable work with disadvantaged children, which is probably why the Queen offered them that chance. So it was more likely than not that Meghan scuppered that particular dream.

rusticgal
22-02-2021, 03:38 PM
Yes, I read that too...
And also in a Harry bio that his dream was to live there with a family of his own one day, doing charitable work with disadvantaged children, which is probably why the Queen offered them that chance. So it was more likely than not that Meghan scuppered that particular dream.

I think he would have been in his element....which is why I find it hard to accept that he is happy in the 'celeb' lifestyle he has now.

joeysteele
22-02-2021, 03:48 PM
Harry was clearly never that happy being part of the royal family, he was always the one getting into trouble so yes he probably would have

I agree.
I do agree too he had a strong seemingly bond re Africa.

However, I think he has the person he really loves at his side now, that's all that matters to him likely now, as long as they're together.

So I think he is happy now where he is now.
Because he's with the one person he ONLY wants at his side.

Who knows where the future may take them to.
If they're now happy, that's the main thing all through in my opinion.

Mokka
22-02-2021, 04:03 PM
I don't think he would have married someone "like Kate". If he hadn't married Meghan, you are suggesting he would have succumbed to the pressures of the Royal Family to marry someone they approved of... but that is obviously not what he wanted.

Oliver_W
22-02-2021, 05:36 PM
Yes, I read that too...

People didn't ask her if she was okay :bawling:

Cherie
22-02-2021, 05:37 PM
People didn't ask her if she was okay :bawling:

not even Harry, or her Mum, what about her friends :bawling:

LeatherTrumpet
22-02-2021, 05:44 PM
He should have married a nice, good stock, English girl from an old family. One carefully chosen inhouse.

GoldHeart
22-02-2021, 06:32 PM
He should have married a nice, good stock, English girl from an old family. One carefully chosen inhouse.

Yeah he should of done what you and other people wanted instead of choosing who he loves , seems legit suuureee.

Oh the irony of people saying Harry is under the thumb and being bullied, yet they think they know what he wants and start giving out marriage advice. The man is a grown adult not a child.

Oliver_W
22-02-2021, 06:34 PM
Yeah he should of done what you and other people wanted instead of choosing who he loves , seems legit suuureee.
should HAVE

I swear people do it to annoy me :fist:

parmnion
22-02-2021, 06:36 PM
He would have married his brothers coat tails.

rusticgal
22-02-2021, 11:37 PM
not even Harry, or her Mum, what about her friends :bawling:

Exactly...

Tom4784
23-02-2021, 02:16 AM
I reckon he resented the Royal lifestyle for quite a while, it would be difficult to live the life he has and not resent the toxic press. I've always thought the birth of his son probably was what prompted him to make a change, although I'm guessing the bigoted press and racist public's treatment of his wife was the final straw.

I hope he's happier now that he has more control over when he deals with the media and the fact he doesn't have to deal with this country's ****stain excuse for the media, or it's people. A mixed race american becoming part of the royal family really brought the bigots out in force.

Tom4784
23-02-2021, 02:19 AM
Also, regarding Harry, the people that trash him the most are always the people who get a hardon when it comes to making big shows of themselves about how they respect the troops, and how they deserve respect, yet they'll trash Harry despite the fact that he is a veteran.

It really kind of shows that, to these people, the military is nothing more than a prop to push their own agenda.

Jordan.
23-02-2021, 02:53 AM
I reckon he resented the Royal lifestyle for quite a while, it would be difficult to live the life he has and not resent the toxic press. I've always thought the birth of his son probably was what prompted him to make a change, although I'm guessing the bigoted press and racist public's treatment of his wife was the final straw.

I hope he's happier now that he has more control over when he deals with the media and the fact he doesn't have to deal with this country's ****stain excuse for the media, or it's people. A mixed race american becoming part of the royal family really brought the bigots out in force.

It's no secret he resented his lifestyle, at least to anyone not insistent on emasculating him and pretending it was all Meghan's doing by putting him under the thumb and poisoning his mind

Bizarre his thoughts in these interviews (long before he even met Meghan) still line up with his current day mindset.

Glenn.
23-02-2021, 03:10 AM
It's no secret he resented his lifestyle, at least to anyone not insistent on emasculating him and pretending it was all Meghan's doing by putting him under the thumb and poisoning his mind

Bizarre his thoughts in these interviews (long before he even met Meghan) still line up with his current day mindset.

Well well well...

I’d love to see the Meghan haters explain this. I might get some popcorn.

Ammi
23-02-2021, 05:03 AM
...It’s talked about how much lighter and carefree he’s been before he met Meghan but he’s always said that he’s struggled before he met her and that’s Harry speaking for himself in his own words because those wouldn’t be words that a Royal pen would have written for him, to say how much ‘Royal’ wasn’t for him and for him to say that he was so unhappy in his prominent role as Royalty...and as he said, his uncomfortable media relationship was something that would possibly never heal because of his mother and how she died...just heartbreaking enough to lose a parent at any time and for any reason...but the layers of losing her when he was so young and having so many stages of life to go through that he was unable to share with her...and for their to be such answerability attached to her death and it be such a traumatic death etc...that was obviously the start but then there was the accused phone hacking against some media when he was with Chelsy and then the media directed at Meghan, which was so grim...and then his son and the racist comment within days of his birth...

....it’s strange and ironic really that it’s expected and often admired even, for a Royal to ‘follow duty’ or not deviate from duty and ‘tradition’ in anything except small ways ..and yet, to be a society and country who praise and appreciate freedom so much for ourselves...anyway as Jordan posted and seeing all of those times in one clip etc...yeah, maybe he would always have walked away, whoever he had married...none of us ever know if our lives had taken another path...at least his decisions are his to make now and making decisions that you're happy to have made and those you think maybe you could have done differently etc through life are what mould you into who you are..personally, I don’t think that the Royal way as it were, is a very healthy way ...

GoldHeart
23-02-2021, 06:47 AM
Long term memory loss it seems

Why have people forgotten that Harry has been trying to get away from that lifestyle and the royal duties for some time, his mother dying and the way she was treated has played a big part .

And the way Meghan has been tormented in the media is clearly the final straw .

He's had enough and whoever Harry is married to ,he would of been protective of them and more so with him being a dad aswell so that's his priority .

thesheriff443
23-02-2021, 07:13 AM
It’s clear from the video he wanted to leave and has since left but I think it was wrong to have a 6 million pound wedding funded by the tax payer

It’s wrong that he is disrespectful to his grandmother the queen.

Will his new life in celebrity central bring him happiness, I honestly don’t think it will.

Cherie
23-02-2021, 07:18 AM
Well well well...

No bother, he is hanging on to the Duke title though, any thoughts on that?

thesheriff443
23-02-2021, 07:19 AM
Well well well...

Seriously glenn grow up with the popcorn crap, just makes you look like you are desperate for drama.

And just because you love Meghan and Harry doesn’t mean people have to hate them people on this forum that don’t like the couple are happy to leave it at dislike.

Cherie
23-02-2021, 07:20 AM
1005428]It’s clear from the video he wanted to leave and has since left but I think it was wrong to have a 6 million pound wedding funded by the tax payer [/B]

It’s wrong that he is disrespectful to his grandmother the queen.

Will his new life in celebrity central bring him happiness, I honestly don’t think it will.

:clap1: I know I want to leave but I have a Royal Wedding at vast taxpayer expense

I accept Frogmore Cottage and spend an eye watering amount having it renovated

I accept and still have the Title of Duke

I have a tantrum over losing Patronages just a few days ago...

mmmm

thesheriff443
23-02-2021, 07:34 AM
Would've*

Nothing to say about the actual thread?

jet
23-02-2021, 08:00 AM
Well well well...

That's nothing new. I've read his bio. It’s well known he wanted to leave, but it was his beloved South Africa he always wanted to go to when he married to raise a family. He said it was his dream.
The Queen knew this, and offered him and Meghan the chance to live there, working for the Commonwealth. They declined, which points to Meghan saying no.
I don’t think Harry is in his element in LA, nor do I think he wants to do talk shows. On camera with Meghan he often looks uneasy. imo.
From what he said, he’d much prefer to be in S.Africa, but if he wants to be with Meghan, he’ll have to be where she wants to be.

........And what Cherie and Sheriff said.

Cherie
23-02-2021, 08:15 AM
That's nothing new. I've read his bio. It’s well known he wanted to leave, but it was his beloved South Africa he always wanted to go to when he married to raise a family. He said it was his dream.
The Queen knew this, and offered him and Meghan the chance to live there, working for the Commonwealth. They declined.
I don’t think Harry is in his element in LA, nor do I think he wants to do talk shows. On camera with Meghan he often looks uneasy. imo.
From what he said, he’d much prefer to be in S.Africa, but if he wants to be with Meghan, he’ll have to be where she wants to be.

........And what Cherie and Sheriff said.

wonder how this will be spun into a negative

jet
23-02-2021, 08:43 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1318483/meghan-markle-prince-harry-archie-harrison-media-press-paparazzi-royal-family-spt

You were WARNED! Meghan and Harry face paparazzi in US ‘worse than in UK’
MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry cited press intrusion as a key reason for leaving the Royal Family and moving to the US but they have arguably faced greater scrutiny since the move, something they were warned about at the time of their departure.

......the royal rota actually protects royals in the UK from overt exposure.

The royal rota refers to the press pool covering the Royal Family.

It is a system which has been used by Buckingham Palace for decades, and involves allowing access to royal engagements to accredited correspondents on UK newspapers on a sharing pool basis to ensure maximum press coverage with minimum interference to the engagement itself.

This system also means the press have to abide by certain rules to still be included and preserve that relationship ‒ rules such as not using paparazzi shots of royals off duty, especially of children.

For example, William and Kate requested that newspapers not use pictures of their three children except when they explicitly allow it, and this has been loyally and rigidly stuck to by all the mainstream media in the UK.

Escape press intrusion? BS. No drone pics of Archie in the UK! and Harry says 'every click of the camera, every flash of the light bulb takes me back' ....wait until the pandemic eases enough for them to get out and about, go for a meal, a walk! :omgno:

The Slim Reaper
23-02-2021, 09:15 AM
Daily express says "American newspapers are worse"

joeysteele
23-02-2021, 09:26 AM
...It’s talked about how much lighter and carefree he’s been before he met Meghan but he’s always said that he’s struggled before he met her and that’s Harry speaking for himself in his own words because those wouldn’t be words that a Royal pen would have written for him, to say how much ‘Royal’ wasn’t for him and for him to say that he was so unhappy in his prominent role as Royalty...and as he said, his uncomfortable media relationship was something that would possibly never heal because of his mother and how she died...just heartbreaking enough to lose a parent at any time and for any reason...but the layers of losing her when he was so young and having so many stages of life to go through that he was unable to share with her...and for their to be such answerability attached to her death and it be such a traumatic death etc...that was obviously the start but then there was the accused phone hacking against some media when he was with Chelsy and then the media directed at Meghan, which was so grim...and then his son and the racist comment within days of his birth...

....it’s strange and ironic really that it’s expected and often admired even, for a Royal to ‘follow duty’ or not deviate from duty and ‘tradition’ in anything except small ways ..and yet, to be a society and country who praise and appreciate freedom so much for ourselves...anyway as Jordan posted and seeing all of those times in one clip etc...yeah, maybe he would always have walked away, whoever he had married...none of us ever know if our lives had taken another path...at least his decisions are his to make now and making decisions that you're happy to have made and those you think maybe you could have done differently etc through life are what mould you into who you are..personally, I don’t think that the Royal way as it were, is a very healthy way ...

Excellent post.

I really cannot understand people not understanding why these 2 have chosen to live their married life and future the way they wish to.

If I was married, and lined the idea of working or living somewhere, however my partner didn't.
I'm not going to force said partner to ONLY do my will.

I'm sure consideration will have been given to any working Royal Rome suggested to them.
However once their child was born.
Then as with other families, even working families, then priorities change.

What seemed appealing at one time, may not be the appropriately desired way to go now in that scenario.

I agree with all that say it, Prince Harry hasn't been content in the stricter Royal stuffiness of duties.
He has, and is right to have, a suspicion and dislike from his Mother's death, of particularly the press.

So he and his partner, as man and wife, have probably as most respectful to each other couples do, talked, reached compromise and decided the best way forward to them in their lives now.

What on earth is wrong with that.
I also still agree with those saying he would have moved away from the more stuffy Royal duties and working life, while not moved from the family.
No matter who he decided to marry.

The taxpayer has had funds squandered before on Royal Weddings.
Princess Anne's, Prince Charles and Diana's, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson of just the Queen's children..
Only Prince Edward's first marriage is intact of her children..

The nitpicking is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be however, I'd say a decent person, or good husband, if for duty to family, immaterial of who my family were, I were to just force the person I claimed to love to do all that family wanted, and live and work where that family demanded, against said partner's hopes and wishes too.

No way would that be admirable in any shape or form.

If anyone really looks at Prince Harry and thinks he's not happy with this decision they've felt necessary for them.
Then they must need strong glasses or contact lens, because he's not looked so relaxed and happier than he is now.

Similarly for duty his Father played out a Royal duty role with Diana.
A very painful playing out to watch that was too.
Which ended acrimoniously and eventually in tragedy too.
However Prince Charles now too, looks relaxed and happier than he's looked before being with Camilla.

So once again,yes I think Prince Harry would have walked away from the Royal working set up.
No matter who he married

Not to disappear, not to be heard of no more, not to just exist and not live.
To find in reality the life seemed best for him, his wife and children to be.

Also if media approach them, if people are interested and want to hear from them and still see them.
Then what is wrong with doing that.
As long as they can control it more in their way, rather than forced to accept.

No one who doesn't like them, has to read, watch, hear anything about them.
Unless those who don't like them want to.
Which is rather odd to me.

As an example of people I don't like as celebrities of famous, well I just rarely and more likely never, watch them, listen to them or read anything about them.
What's the point if I don't like them and they aren't going to impact on my life.

I'd rather spend my time and energy on living my life and not other people's.

bitontheslide
23-02-2021, 09:42 AM
i don't care enough about royalty to give a ****. I'm happy for them to be doing anything as long as I'm not force fed their nonsense

The Slim Reaper
23-02-2021, 09:48 AM
Stop force-feeding me their nonsense, says man who clicked into the thread and wrote a post about them :laugh:

bitontheslide
23-02-2021, 09:53 AM
it was a low priority post that i indulge in when i have a minute or 2 to spare

jet
23-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Daily express says "American newspapers are worse"

Correction - They say "American Paparazzi are worse" (have you heard of the drones/Archie incident)?

The article is about how the Royal rota protects it members, which is correct. There is no such protection in America, obviously.

Cherie
23-02-2021, 09:58 AM
it was a low priority post that i indulge in when i have a minute or 2 to spare

:laugh:

The Slim Reaper
23-02-2021, 10:00 AM
Correction - They say "American Paparazzi are worse" (have you heard of the drones/Archie incident)?

The article is about how the Royal rota protects it members, which is correct. There is no such protection in America, obviously.

So you're concerned about them, and their lack of protection from the US paparazzi?

Good guy jet turning over a new leaf.

jet
23-02-2021, 10:04 AM
BTW, family who live in America tell me many papers there are brutal - and they print things the UK papers wouldn't dare.

GoldHeart
23-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Excellent post.

I really cannot understand people not understanding why these 2 have chosen to live their married life and future the way they wish to.

If I was married, and lined the idea of working or living somewhere, however my partner didn't.
I'm not going to force said partner to ONLY do my will.

I'm sure consideration will have been given to any working Royal Rome suggested to them.
However once their child was born.
Then as with other families, even working families, then priorities change.

What seemed appealing at one time, may not be the appropriately desired way to go now in that scenario.

I agree with all that say it, Prince Harry hasn't been content in the stricter Royal stuffiness of duties.
He has, and is right to have, a suspicion and dislike from his Mother's death, of particularly the press.

So he and his partner, as man and wife, have probably as most respectful to each other couples do, talked, reached compromise and decided the best way forward to them in their lives now.

What on earth is wrong with that.
I also still agree with those saying he would have moved away from the more stuffy Royal duties and working life, while not moved from the family.
No matter who he decided to marry.

The taxpayer has had funds squandered before on Royal Weddings.
Princess Anne's, Prince Charles and Diana's, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson of just the Queen's children..
Only Prince Edward's first marriage is intact of her children..

The nitpicking is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be however, I'd say a decent person, or good husband, if for duty to family, immaterial of who my family were, I were to just force the person I claimed to love to do all that family wanted, and live and work where that family demanded, against said partner's hopes and wishes too.

No way would that be admirable in any shape or form.

If anyone really looks at Prince Harry and thinks he's not happy with this decision they've felt necessary for them.
Then they must need strong glasses or contact lens, because he's not looked so relaxed and happier than he is now.

Similarly for duty his Father played out a Royal duty role with Diana.
A very painful playing out to watch that was too.
Which ended acrimoniously and eventually in tragedy too.
However Prince Charles now too, looks relaxed and happier than he's looked before being with Camilla.

So once again,yes I think Prince Harry would have walked away from the Royal working set up.
No matter who he married

Not to disappear, not to be heard of no more, not to just exist and not live.
To find in reality the life seemed best for him, his wife and children to be.

Also if media approach them, if people are interested and want to hear from them and still see them.
Then what is wrong with doing that.
As long as they can control it more in their way, rather than forced to accept.

No one who doesn't like them, has to read, watch, hear anything about them.
Unless those who don't like them want to.
Which is rather odd to me.

As an example of people I don't like as celebrities of famous, well I just rarely and more likely never, watch them, listen to them or read anything about them.
What's the point if I don't like them and they aren't going to impact on my life.

I'd rather spend my time and energy on living my life and not other people's.

Completely agree !

jet
23-02-2021, 10:13 AM
So you're concerned about them, and their lack of protection from the US paparazzi?

Good guy jet turning over a new leaf.

Well yes, I don't think anyone would want them to be hounded, especially not their young son. As I've said, I dislike them and their actions, especially Meghan; I don't hate them.
Sorry, no new leaf. :laugh:

Ammi
23-02-2021, 10:24 AM
...it was accused by Harry of it being some of ‘press pool’ tabloid media that had had hacked Chelsy’s phone to see personal messages to and from Harry, I believe...so the press pool and he have had a particularly difficult relationship...for quite a few years now and I would imagine it’s a mutual thing...I believe that one of that ‘pool’ who was named had an article recently linked on the forum as her being a reliable ‘royal reporter’...but there is no reliable, it’s about which slant you’ll take and which Royals haven’t upset you because they object to hacking...and then ‘the pool’ can gather, I imagine...

jet
23-02-2021, 10:42 AM
...it was accused by Harry of it being some of ‘press pool’ tabloid media that had had hacked Chelsy’s phone to see personal messages to and from Harry, I believe...so the press pool and he have had a particularly difficult relationship...for quite a few years now and I would imagine it’s a mutual thing...I believe that one of that ‘pool’ who was named had an article recently linked on the forum as her being a reliable ‘royal reporter’...but there is no reliable, it’s about which slant you’ll take and which Royals haven’t upset you because they object to hacking...and then ‘the pool’ can gather, I imagine...

....It was accused by Harry....I thought it was never proved. Do you have evidence?

Vicky.
23-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Honestly, yeah. As I do not believe he is this hen pecked timid little thing who just does what his wife wants. I think he was as eager to leave the 'duties' (not the family) as she was. Hes never followed the 'rules' really has he, even when younger he was splashed in the press doing things that...well you wouldnt expect a royal to do.

Ammi
23-02-2021, 11:01 AM
...it was quite a huge court case, I believe...and specifically accused some ‘royal reporters’ ...wasn’t that the case that closed down one the newspapers, but I could be wrong about that...their ‘sources’ and ‘inside person and person in the know etc’ are not only sometimes morally unethical and misleading completely ...but they’re also going to be slanted in whichever way they choose for their ‘story’ to take place/whatever perspective’ etc....that’s easy to Google if I’m wrong and recall incorrectly ...but no matter with this case from the point I was making...in that ‘the pool’ equally are known not to have a good relationship with Harry...they don’t like being accused and they don’t like being sued either, so they wouldn’t really offer him much media protection of having that pool, type reporting...which they’ve obviously proven ...just about every day in every way...:laugh:...

joeysteele
23-02-2021, 11:02 AM

well yes.

They weren't even a declared couple yet the press were all over watching to see if when she was anywhere, was Prince Harry there too.

It would seem she even before anything serious to be developed between them, thought no way was she wanting that intrusion.

Had they got together, I think the same intrusion for different reasons, because there may be underlying other reasons why people are so acidic in their dislike of Meghan Markle.

I don't think it changes the likelihood of Prince Harry, no matter who he married, once his Brother was married too, with a growing family.

That Prince Harry would look to his then own life and happiness and in fact security of more peace of mind too.
Meghan Markle is HIS choice, that's where his life and happiness is and so once more.
Good luck to them in all they do.

Those who intensely dislike them, why do they even want to read about them or watch them just to dissect and negatively criticise every single thing ,(Meghan particularly but both of them too), say and do.

How does it ever affect them.
If they want them to go away, all they have to do is skip over articles and news on them and not watch them.

For others who still wish them well and don't mind hearing about or from them.
Well they'll watch and listen.

I can't imagine buying and putting on an album and listening to it ,of an artiste I didn't like the sound of in any way at all.

So I wouldn't either be bothered about, or listening to or watching any other person I didn't like the sound of either.

I wouldn't waste any of my time on them at all.

Ammi
23-02-2021, 11:04 AM
Honestly, yeah. As I do not believe he is this hen pecked timid little thing who just does what his wife wants. I think he was as eager to leave the 'duties' (not the family) as she was. Hes never followed the 'rules' really has he, even when younger he was splashed in the press doing things that...well you wouldnt expect a royal to do.

...I just feel so sad for Archie...he’ll read back one day to read such awful media about his parents and so another ‘Harry’ is created in the damage and will he feel the same about the media/social media etc...and how many generation will that travel down and on and on...when will that line be drawn and how much damage before it is...

Ammi
23-02-2021, 11:09 AM
well yes.

They weren't even a declared couple yet the press were all over watching to see if when she was anywhere, was Prince Harry there too.

It would seem she even before anything serious to be developed between them, thought no way was she wanting that intrusion.

Had they got together, I think the same intrusion for different reasons, because there may be underlying other reasons why people are so acidic in their dislike of Meghan Markle.

I don't think it changes the likelihood of Prince Harry, no matter who he married, once his Brother was married too, with a growing family.

That Prince Harry would look to his then own life and happiness and in fact security of more peace of mind too.
Meghan Markle is HIS choice, that's where his life and happiness is and so once more.
Good luck to them in all they do.

Those who intensely dislike them, why do they even want to read about them or watch them just to dissect and negatively criticise every single thing ,(Meghan particularly but both of them too), say and do.

How does it ever affect them.
If they want them to go away, all they have to do is skip over articles and news on them and not watch them.

For others who still wish them well and don't mind hearing about or from them.
Well they'll watch and listen.

I can't imagine buying and putting on an album and listening to it ,of an artiste I didn't like the sound of in any way at all.

So I wouldn't either be bothered about, or listening to or watching any other person I didn't like the sound of either.

I wouldn't waste any of my time on them at all.

...he was with Chelsy at the time, I believe so pre Meghan...as if his media relationship want difficult and damaged enough, watching him in the vid Jordan posted is heartbreaking, how he’s felt ..and then his privacy and romantic relationship was hacked by ‘the pool’ that was meant to give him some protection of having a smaller group of ‘royal reporters’ and their ‘inside sources’...

Vicky.
23-02-2021, 11:13 AM
...I just feel so sad for Archie...he’ll read back one day to read such awful media about his parents and so another ‘Harry’ is created in the damage and will he feel the same about the media/social media etc...and how many generation will that travel down and on and on...when will that line be drawn and how much damage before it is...

Yeah I know..its awful really. I feel bad for everyone in this thing tbh as I am sure there is no huge rift behind closed doors or anything like the press is continually making out, and even if there was..like..can you imagine if every spat in your family was spread across the papers and exagerrated ontop of that. I know its kind of part of being famous, but this is on another level. I genuinely would not be surprised if there was a headline about how many craps meghan and harry take per day.

And I will never understand why its so awful to ask for some privacy, yet publicize things you are happy to share. Thats bonkers to me really. Ontop of this, part of the reason the papers are so interested in them, is because there are thousands ready to leap on meghans every move and dissect it and twist it and get quite angry from what I have seen on social media anyway, those raging clicks, are exactly WHY there is so much news about them, so really, if people are annoyed at the amount of publicity, just..well avoid it. If interest dies down, the press wont be so bothered about them.

It feels odd for me to be defending the royals though, I have to say. As I have never thought much of the monarchy and that, I think its all old fashioned pointless nonsense and usually I will just stay away from news about them as I dont really care. But the...reaction to anything meghan (and harry, but mainly meghan) does is just so bizarre. And yes, that poor child reading all this crap about his parents..it wont be good and could even set off another destructive cycle really.

rusticgal
23-02-2021, 11:22 AM
I dont know why he didnt go to Africa and represent the Commonwealth...but then probably it wasnt the lifestyle that Meghan wanted.
He has left the country...because he doesnt like England or being Royal...well surrender your HRH and stop making the British citizens pay for your security when you can afford to pay for it yourself.
He doesnt like Press intrusion but he and his wife court it all the time....and then there are rumours Meghan wants to get involved in politics...sounds like he is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...
So much hypocrisy...

jet
23-02-2021, 11:27 AM
...it was quite a huge court case, I believe...and specifically accused some ‘royal reporters’ ...wasn’t that the case that closed down one the newspapers, but I could be wrong about that...their ‘sources’ and ‘inside person and person in the know etc’ are not only sometimes morally unethical and misleading completely ...but they’re also going to be slanted in whichever way they choose for their ‘story’ to take place/whatever perspective’ etc....that’s easy to Google if I’m wrong and recall incorrectly ...but no matter with this case from the point I was making...in that ‘the pool’ equally are known not to have a good relationship with Harry...they don’t like being accused and they don’t like being sued either, so they wouldn’t really offer him much media protection of having that pool, type reporting...which they’ve obviously proven ...just about every day in every way...:laugh:...

Any of the 'pool' who break the rules laid down would be immediately banished though, and no way would they be allowed to continue as part of the pool if they had been found to be involved in phone hacking.
There are rogues in every profession, and for Royal reporters to keep their jobs they can't go around telling blatant lies and misrepresenting the royals, otherwise they will be frozen out from their palace sources.
I have read many reports of how Harry was well liked by the press and photographers, larking around with them and accompanying them to the pub.

Perhaps after the phone hacking that turned sour, it was certainly said by Arthur Edwards, the Sun photographer, (its on utube) who had a particularly good relationship with Harry, that it was after he met Meghan that he became surly and rude as if they were all collectively to blame for any negative reports about her.
I think it was the Millie Dowler case that closed down one of the newspapers, not 100% sure....

Ammi
23-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Yeah I know..its awful really. I feel bad for everyone in this thing tbh as I am sure there is no huge rift behind closed doors or anything like the press is continually making out, and even if there was..like..can you imagine if every spat in your family was spread across the papers and exagerrated ontop of that. I know its kind of part of being famous, but this is on another level. I genuinely would not be surprised if there was a headline about how many craps meghan and harry take per day.

And I will never understand why its so awful to ask for some privacy, yet publicize things you are happy to share. Thats bonkers to me really. Ontop of this, part of the reason the papers are so interested in them, is because there are thousands ready to leap on meghans every move and dissect it and twist it and get quite angry from what I have seen on social media anyway, those raging clicks, are exactly WHY there is so much news about them, so really, if people are annoyed at the amount of publicity, just..well avoid it. If interest dies down, the press wont be so bothered about them.

It feels odd for me to be defending the royals though, I have to say. As I have never thought much of the monarchy and that, I think its all old fashioned pointless nonsense and usually I will just stay away from news about them as I dont really care. But the...reaction to anything meghan (and harry, but mainly meghan) does is just so bizarre. And yes, that poor child reading all this crap about his parents..it wont be good and could even set off another destructive cycle really.

....as parents we know how much negative stuff said about parents and families etc, upsets a child...and we certainly know the far reaching behaviour/emotional damage on children in schools...and this is on such a grand scale that we could never imagine and will never experience...and obviously, Archie will come to know about the death of his late grandmother as well and how that media played their part and how that then was carried down by his dad...and so he’ll read about how the media have been with his mum especially and on and on...and serving no purpose other than to be damaging to a family ...

smudgie
23-02-2021, 11:37 AM
I dont know why he didnt go to Africa and represent the Commonwealth...but then probably it wasnt the lifestyle that Meghan wanted.
He has left the country...because he doesnt like England or being Royal...well surrender your HRH and stop making the British citizens pay for your security when you can afford to pay for it yourself.
He doesnt like Press intrusion but he and his wife court it all the time....and then there are rumours Meghan wants to get involved in politics...sounds like he is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...
So much hypocrisy...

Prince Charles offered to pay for their security but they declined and said they would pay for it themselves.:shrug:

jet
23-02-2021, 11:40 AM
I wonder how Archie will feel too when he is old enough to understand, about being taken away from his Royal heritage and the large family of grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts etc far away in the UK.
It's not as if he will have the connections of both sides of Meghan's family either. Just her mother. A lot of family is being denied to him. :sad: Will he (and eventually the new baby too) resent that?

Ammi
23-02-2021, 11:52 AM
...that’s all the more reason why it doesn’t need adding to as well, IMO...the personal family things that are worked out within a family with distances etc..whether be emotional ones are actual travelling distances and any extended family etc ..are only for his parents to be resolved ....and dissection of every aspect in every which way and tearing apart the characters of his parents and their decisions which are being made in his own interest and for his protection whether thought right or wrong...is only adding and feeding into so going against any concern for him...

joeysteele
23-02-2021, 12:20 PM
...that’s all the more reason why it doesn’t need adding to as well, IMO...the personal family things that are worked out within a family with distances etc..whether be emotional ones are actual travelling distances and any extended family etc ..are only for his parents to be resolved ....and dissection of every aspect in every which way and tearing apart the characters of his parents and their decisions which are being made in his own interest and for his protection whether thought right or wrong...is only adding and feeding into so going against any concern for him...

Exactly right.
Even moreso the last 7 lines of your post.

I think myself however, the children of Prince Harry and Meghan will think rationally about the why's and all else.
Understanding their parents decision at this time.

Who is also to say in time, their children would not be involved as ln the Royal family and even POSSIBLY come to have some Royal roles as adults.

I'm sure Prince Harry and Meghan would want their children to form and make their own decisions once at an age to do so.
As Prince Harry himself has.

After all the Queen from the Palace clearly stated, they remain much loved members of the Royal family.

It will even possibly be Prince William on the throne by the time Prince Harry's children hit adulthood.

Glenn.
23-02-2021, 12:22 PM
I wonder how Archie will feel too when he is old enough to understand, about being taken away from his Royal heritage and the large family of grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts etc far away in the UK.
It's not as if he will have the connections of both sides of Meghan's family either. Just her mother. A lot of family is being denied to him. :sad: Will he (and eventually the new baby too) resent that?

Again MORE assumptions. You have zero idea about how they keep in touch. You’re just imagining that Harry and Meghan are keeping Archie away from everyone out of spite.

jet
23-02-2021, 12:22 PM
Prince Charles offered to pay for their security but they declined and said they would pay for it themselves.:shrug:

I read that Charles is paying for it - 4 million a year. It was said that although the couple have money of their own, they couldn't possibly pay the mortgage and the upkeep and the staff of their large mansion, plus security bills.
That they haven't actually gotten all the money for the deals thy have made as they haven't really produced anything yet and they will be paid as they go, not upfront. :shrug:

jet
23-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Again MORE assumptions. You have zero idea about how they keep in touch. You’re just imagining that Harry and Meghan are keeping Archie away from everyone out of spite.

Don't be silly. :laugh:

Glenn.
23-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Don't be silly. :laugh:

Right back at ya!

jet
23-02-2021, 12:35 PM
Right back at ya!

:tongue:

Ammi
23-02-2021, 12:57 PM
..actually, just as point of interest and going back to the ‘pool’ and them respecting the request from William and Kate to not print pictures of their children unless given specific permission and how they’ve stuck to that etc...I did think...( ...as with schools etc...)...that permission to even photograph a child, let alone have the photograph printed publicly anywhere would not be legal anyway...but I looked up how it was for celebrities/royalty etc...

... because of some privacy invasions with some celebrities, JK Rowling was one with her son...but there seem to be quite a few successful celebrity lawsuits which led to a landmark ruling to protect children of the well known....

‘This precedent means that celebrity parents now have extra power to control how the images of their children appear in the UK media: all children are protected in situations where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy. What constitutes being “reasonable” is debatable – so there may still be litigation about this in the future.’

..and this part references Royal children particularly...

‘Even so, it is not only the children of celebrities who benefit from this ruling. Picture editors would be foolhardy to ignore it. So it doesn’t matter whether the photographs are of royal children such as Prince George and Princess Charlotte or simply of Jack and Jill throwing snowballs or splashing in the sea. Where the children have a reasonable expectation of privacy and there is no parental consent then pictures which include the children’s faces cannot be published unless their faces are pixellated. This will also put a stop to the media “scraping” children’s photographs from social media sites following disasters or other high-profile events.’...

...it’s interesting because I hadn’t known how printing photos of children worked for them...

https://theconversation.com/freedom-of-uk-media-to-publish-pictures-of-children-curtailed-after-landmark-ruling-51062

rusticgal
23-02-2021, 01:13 PM

I am pretty sure we are still paying their £7.6m annual security bill. When they were in Canada the Canadians paid for some of it...
The only money they returned to the Taxpayers pot was £2.5m for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.

Oliver_W
23-02-2021, 01:36 PM
I am pretty sure we are still paying their £7.6m annual security bill. When they were in Canada the Canadians paid for some of it...
The only money they returned to the Taxpayers pot was £2.5m for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.
We really should be congratulating their independence! Maybe they could talk about that, along with their longing for a life away from the spotlight, during the Oprah interview.

AnnieK
23-02-2021, 01:43 PM

There were reports at the time that Charles would assist from his funds but the security would not be paid by the tax payer any more.

jet
23-02-2021, 01:45 PM
Yes, the paps used to take pictures of Diana bringing her boys to school, and she was hounded going to the gym or private appointments... we rarely see pictures of any Royals out and about on their private time any more. It had to stop, and it did.
H&M won't have that with the rabid LA paps, if on the assumption that pics of them will be worth a lot of money.

jet
23-02-2021, 01:49 PM

Of course, people demand proof, and there is none that I know of that they actually did pay back the money for Frogmore.

AnnieK
23-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Of course, people demand proof, and there is none that I know of that they actually did pay back the money for Frogmore.

There were plenty of articles at the time in the papers, broadsheets included and no-one refuted the claim. I'm sure some Royal source would have leaked it had not been paid if that was the case. Not sure what evidence there could be, they are hardly going to post the receipt

jet
23-02-2021, 02:43 PM
There were plenty of articles at the time in the papers, broadsheets included and no-one refuted the claim. I'm sure some Royal source would have leaked it had not been paid if that was the case. Not sure what evidence there could be, they are hardly going to post the receipt

I'm not saying they didn't pay it back, they probably did, but when I mention something that was in the papers, broadsheets included, people mock and want proof.
I buy The Times and the Spectator, which you have to pay a subscription for online, whereas the Daily Mail etc are free online....so that is where I can copy and paste from. The reports and articles are practically the same. The delivery may vary, but the main facts of the reports are there.
I'm not paying subscriptions just because my detractors shout "It's the Daily Fail, all lies, lies lies!" I had a subscription for the Times for a while, and whenever I used it instead, that was all lies lies lies!, no evidence! as well. :hee:

jet
23-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Also, going back to the time of Diana and Fergie, people pooh - poohed what the papers were saying in report after report, in the fullness of time the majority of what they reported proved to be very accurate.

When many papers are reporting the same thing, like the Frogmore cottage repayment, it can't just be written off automatically as lies, whether its something you want to believe or it isn't.