PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather be off Monday or Friday?

Redway
25-02-2021, 03:21 PM
Assuming you were granted the option of working four days a week, which of those two days would you rather was your day off?

Niamh.
25-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Monday. Hate Mondays and I don't mind Fridays because I finish half an hour early plus it's the last day of the week

Cherie
25-02-2021, 03:24 PM
Friday all the way, working Mondays earns you 4/5 extra days via off bank holidays which is why I have Fridays off :laugh:

Niamh.
25-02-2021, 03:27 PM
Friday all the way, working Mondays earns you 4/5 extra days off bank holidays which is why I have Fridays off :laugh:

If you don't work Mondays you get an extra day off when a bank holiday happens (or get paid an extra day)

Redway
25-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Monday. Hate Mondays and I don't mind Fridays because I finish half an hour early plus it's the last day of the week

Agreed.

Smithy
25-02-2021, 03:29 PM
Friday, sometime after being at work all day on a Friday you feel to drained fo do anything (in a pre/post covid world), if you have the day off you have something to look forward too

Cherie
25-02-2021, 03:41 PM
If you don't work Mondays you get an extra day off when a bank holiday happens (or get paid an extra day)

I get the day off so 4/5 weeks a year I work 3 days instead of 4

I work 21 hours over 4 mornings

Niamh.
25-02-2021, 03:46 PM
I get the day off so 4/5 weeks a year I work 3 days instead of 4

I work 21 hours over 4 mornings

Definitely here if you never work Mondays you are still entitled to an extra day off (or an extra days pay) for every bank holiday so you would get the Tuesday off instead kind of a thing? So working Mondays wouldn't mean you get extra days off

Ammi
25-02-2021, 03:52 PM
...Monday for sure and as with Niamh...Monday’s used to be my day off at one time and I would always get an extra day for the first May bank holiday...that was the only one in term time, all of the rest were in school holiday...plus I always liked my day off to be in front of me on a Monday to look forward to and not behind me and over on the previous Friday...

UserSince2005
25-02-2021, 03:54 PM
I'd rather work considering how much I get paid.

rusticgal
25-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Fridays....because when the Bank Holiday weekend comes around you get a nice long weekend :cheer2:

Cherie
25-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Definitely here if you never work Mondays you are still entitled to an extra day off (or an extra days pay) for every bank holiday so you would get the Tuesday off instead kind of a thing? So working Mondays wouldn't mean you get extra days off

Aw right don’t think it works like that when it’s part time if you aren’t in work normally It’s classed as your day off anyway if you get what I mean, I don’t mind Mondays but then I don’t leave home to work so that helps

Cherie
25-02-2021, 04:02 PM
...Monday for sure and as with Niamh...Monday’s used to be my day off at one time and I would always get an extra day for the first May bank holiday...that was the only one in term time, all of the rest were in school holiday...plus I always liked my day off to be in front of me on a Monday to look forward to and not behind me and over on the previous Friday...

I look at it the other way, my day off is ahead of me when I start the week

Ammi
25-02-2021, 04:15 PM
I look at it the other way, my day off is ahead of me when I start the week

...:laugh:...yeah, I guess it’s how we look at things../...how our thought processes work etc...

parmnion
25-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Both, or its just not worth it.:nono:

Ammi
25-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Aw right don’t think it works like that when it’s part time if you aren’t in work normally It’s classed as your day off anyway if you get what I mean, I don’t mind Mondays but then I don’t leave home to work so that helps

...it should work like that even for part time...(...although it’s also pro rata with how many equivalent days someone worked...)...I’ve always had an extra day off for that one May Day, which is the only Bank Holiday in term time...

...so for instance we know that a person working Monday to Friday on a Bank holiday week would work one day less ...and someone with another day off but not a Monday would also be getting that extra day off, so working 3 days..but someone who has Monday as their day off would still be working their full hours of 4 days and no day less ...so that would be prejudicing against them and taking away an entitlement that had been given to all other staff...for any part time it would be pro rata, as I say ...but it would have to be given as the same and equal to others so no discrimination is there because a specific day had been agreed with the employer...

Cherie
25-02-2021, 04:30 PM
...it should work like that even for part time...(...although it’s also pro rata with how many equivalent days someone worked...)...I’ve always had an extra day off for that one May Day, which is the only Bank Holiday in term time...

...so for instance we know that a person working Monday to Friday on a Bank holiday week would work one day less ...and someone with another day off but not a Monday would also be getting that extra day off, so working 3 days..but someone who has Monday as their day off would still be working their full hours of 4 days and no day less ...so that would be prejudicing against them and taking away an entitlement that had been given to all other staff...for any part time it would be pro rata, as I say ...but it would have to be given as the same and equal to others so no discrimination is there because a specific day had been agreed with the employer...

I don’t know like for Good Friday I don’t get an extra day off :shrug: as its my day off anyway

But then we get extra closure days at Christmas and Easter so maybe that is why

bitontheslide
25-02-2021, 07:14 PM
i haven't had a day off since new year, but i can choose when i want to work and when i don't. I find work to be a very therapeutic counterpoint to lock down blues, so it works well for me.

Cherie
25-02-2021, 09:27 PM
i haven't had a day off since new year, but i can choose when i want to work and when i don't. I find work to be a very therapeutic counterpoint to lock down blues, so it works well for me.

Is that you LT

joeysteele
25-02-2021, 09:41 PM
A lot of the time, outside of this awful covid period, I can pick and choose the workload I take on.
However, in my work Monday is often the most manic of days and longest.

Whereas Friday is more dealing with the next weeks plans and tidy up of the week.
So I'm less keen on Mondays of any work day..
Which is why I chose Monday.

Toy Soldier
27-02-2021, 09:03 PM
Back end of the week off is always better than the start. If I miss a Monday then I'm on the back foot all week, playing catch-up and having to pester others to know what's going on. Whereas I can miss the back end of the week with basically no issues. Everyone starts to bugger off at about 2.30 on a Friday anyway. Like people keep their Teams on and respond to questions/emails but you can tell they're not actually doing anything otherwise [emoji23]. It's a company wide unofficial half day.

Toy Soldier
27-02-2021, 09:04 PM
If you're off on the Monday, then Tuesday just becomes the new Monday with all of the exact same issues :shrug:

DouglasS
27-02-2021, 09:20 PM
If I had any Choice it’d probably be Wednesday, but out of the two Friday

Redway
27-02-2021, 09:29 PM
If you're off on the Monday, then Tuesday just becomes the new Monday with all of the exact same issues :shrug:

But you have one more day to recharge to balance up. Plus the fact that it’s easier to get settled back into a work routine when it’s less hectic (as it would often be on a Monday). I think that’s the difference.

Babayaro.
27-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Would rather be off Monday

It’s especially good when you are also off saturday & sunday

long weekends >>>

Toy Soldier
27-02-2021, 11:53 PM
But you have one more day to recharge to balance up. Plus the fact that it’s easier to get settled back into a work routine when it’s less hectic (as it would often be on a Monday). I think that’s the difference.True, I suppose, I was thinking that everyone would be off on the Monday so Tuesday would be just the same.

I still would never take Monday in my current job, 9.30 - 11.30 (often ends up being 12) on a Monday is spend on company-wide video conference planning out the week/discussing any important points from the previous week, so if I miss a Monday it just means spending all of Tuesday trying to catch up on news/plans for the week.

Toy Soldier
27-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Also to be fair, I've only been in my current job 2 years and it's my first 9-5. I spent the 9 years previously working every Saturday unless I was on annual leave, and the latter 5 of those working full Saturdays (14 hours, 8am - 10pm). Having weekends off still feels like a luxury in itself. My usual days off back then were Tuesday-Wednesday, plus alternating Sundays (full day) or Friday (closing shift 6pm-10pm).

It was sh**.

Jonathan1990
17-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Friday for me as it gives you another weekend day.

LeatherTrumpet
17-03-2021, 07:56 PM
we should be working saturday to get the economy going

6 days minimum