PDA

View Full Version : have you ever contacted your MP?

Kate!
11-03-2021, 12:10 PM
have you?

Did they help?

Ammi
11-03-2021, 12:13 PM
...yes and yes...:laugh:...

Cherie
11-03-2021, 12:14 PM
That is what they are there for Kate, your query might be in next weeks PM Questions :amazed:

Kazanne
11-03-2021, 12:15 PM
Yes and Yes.

joeysteele
Many times, wherever I've lived.
Often to support a stance they've taken, or really express my dismay at them.
Both to Conservative and Labour ones.

Equally so to MPs not being my own MP too.

Kate!
That is what they are there for Kate, your query might be in next weeks PM Questions :amazed:

I've contacted my MP twice. Once was helpful the other not so much.

arista
11-03-2021, 12:16 PM
have you?

Did they help?

Yes Conservative
was pleased they assisted.
By letter first
Typed out.

Ammi
11-03-2021, 12:16 PM
...which one is it atm... is it the helpful one...?..

Kate!
11-03-2021, 12:21 PM
...which one is it atm... is it the helpful one...?..

The helpful one Ammi. It was on behalf of my friend Paula and they were great.

Ammi
11-03-2021, 12:25 PM
The helpful one Ammi. It was on behalf of my friend Paula and they were great.

...:love:...it’s a lovely thing to have such an approachable MP...there have always been school related things to involve our local MP(s)...which is why I got to know mine so well, she’s terrific...I hope that things get sorted out for your friend, Kate...:hug:..

Kate!
11-03-2021, 12:28 PM
I'd quite like to write to Andy Burnham and express my appreciation of him. I may just do it later :amazed:

LeatherTrumpet
11-03-2021, 12:29 PM
yes SNP and each time action that needed to be taken was.

LeatherTrumpet
11-03-2021, 12:30 PM
last time as I recall was to report TS and his wheelie bin

Kate!
11-03-2021, 12:30 PM
last time as I recall was to report TS and his wheelie bin

:joker:

Josy
11-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Yes I used an online form not knowing that it actually contacted all mps in a certain area and within a few hours we had 4 different people at the door, 1 phone call and 2 email replies all clambering over each other to help with the issue :hee:

Mitchell
11-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Quite a bit recently

smudgie
11-03-2021, 07:14 PM
Never.
However my dad got in touch with the British Home Secretary when we lived in Africa, and he was very helpful indeed.

parmnion
11-03-2021, 07:14 PM
No, but ive posted letters filled with poop at night to her.

Vicky.
12-03-2021, 04:00 AM
Yes I used an online form not knowing that it actually contacted all mps in a certain area and within a few hours we had 4 different people at the door, 1 phone call and 2 email replies all clambering over each other to help with the issue :hee:

Haha, fancy sending that site?

The one I use you have to do each one seperate, and it gets a bit old, would be useful to do all in an area at once..I only contact one for here currently (though the potential of more than one at a time might change this..) though theres a few..as he seems the most active and..well now have previous with him and hes great!

---------

So OP, yes a few times, and yes. Once with my 'tribunal' taking bloody forever..had taken 2 years at that stage, reply from him saying he has 'asked them politely' and suddenly a date was available! Once about the council being total stubborn dickheads and also refusing to replace the back door when it was jammed shut BUT while also saying we absolutely could not, under any circumstances, fix it ourselves, or even pay a professional to do so?! I have a weird letter still somewhere, explaining why having one door blocked is NOT a fire hazard so does not require it sorted immediately, while the policy around that is on the next page and clearly says that as apparently I would be breaching my tenancy agreement to block either door by my actions, as it is a fire hazard :mad: In a way, they were making me break my tenancy agreement by making the blockage go on for 2 months.

Once about stupid rules at my stedaughters school, which resulted in 'official' policy changing, and only the blazer needing to be logo-ed/from named supplier, which saved literally 150 quid per uniform needed, years 7-12..they had been asking for a tenner for a pair of socks with a little logo on man, madness. My MP tagteamed with another MP on that one, as school is in different area to house. I get replies very quickly from the school ever since that funnily enough, and usually overly helpful too where before, there was an attitude! I want to challenge them also on their 'rule' about all girls have to have hair tied up if its long (as its stupid in general, but also as its a stupid loophole. As the girls actually get detention if they refuse to tie their hair up, but 2 lads in stepdaughters year have long hair and they dont need to put theirs up, one is longer than any of the girls apparently!) Stupid on 2 counts. She says not to do it though as have complained, and changed, too much there it seems for her liking. Have a feeling, they would react with the ridiculous answer of just taking 'girls' out of the rules, meaning the guys would be penalised and noone wins, instead of the..take the hair tie out totally logical answer..I can see no real reason for that rule?!

I did once ask him if he was going to a meeting that was on in parliament on X date, and recieved a massive lecture back 2 weeks after X date, lecturing me about something else. I got many pages worth of scoldings and copy and paste nonsense, none of which had anything to do with what I asked in the first place, did not reference any of the points I made at all, and was not really anything to do with the topic of said meeting either. Which was a bit..baffling :laugh: Whatever happened there though, good experience overall though. Reccomended, especially for social security/HMRC issues.

joeysteele
12-03-2021, 08:14 AM
I'd quite like to write to Andy Burnham and express my appreciation of him. I may just do it later :amazed:

If he's given you reason to be happy with his responses to any issue Kate.

Amdy is a politician who really appreciates learning that he's done his job well.

That's a nice gesture from you in those thoughts.

Politicians get a rough ride a lot of the time.
Across the Parties, there are the bulk who really want to, and try to do their best.
Andy Burnham, I've always admired, I've only ever come across him tirelessly trying to do what's right and his best.