PDA

View Full Version : Woman starts Go fund me to pay off Harry and Meghans mortgage

Cherie
13-03-2021, 03:42 PM
A woman set up a GoFundMe page asking strangers to donate cash to pay off the £6.8 million mortgage on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's California mansion.

Anastasia Hanson, 56, insisted her online crowdfunding campaign, titled ‘Harry and Meghan $5 Donation to Buy Home (£3.61)’, was not a joke, claiming she wanted to help the Sussexes, who are worth millions, through a "very rough time".

She was hoping to raise a staggering $10 million (£7.1 million) from strangers, but her fundraising page was removed after collecting only about £80.

Anastasia launched the campaign after Harry told Oprah Winfrey he had been "cut off financially" by his family after Megxit and he and Meghan were helped by his inheritance from his mum Princess Diana.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/woman-sets-up-gofundme-help-23707399

:joker:

how embarrassing for Meghan and Harry, their poor mouth speech backfiring massively :hee:

LeatherTrumpet
13-03-2021, 03:49 PM
so I wont get my £10 back?

:oh:

hijaxers
13-03-2021, 03:54 PM
A woman set up a GoFundMe page asking strangers to donate cash to pay off the £6.8 million mortgage on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's California mansion.

Anastasia Hanson, 56, insisted her online crowdfunding campaign, titled ‘Harry and Meghan $5 Donation to Buy Home (£3.61)’, was not a joke, claiming she wanted to help the Sussexes, who are worth millions, through a "very rough time".

She was hoping to raise a staggering $10 million (£7.1 million) from strangers, but her fundraising page was removed after collecting only about £80.

Anastasia launched the campaign after Harry told Oprah Winfrey he had been "cut off financially" by his family after Megxit and he and Meghan were helped by his inheritance from his mum Princess Diana.

how embarrassing for them...

Well thats was very kind of her to help sort these very poor folks pay off their morgage :laugh: is this woman for real ? and what clowns donated.

Cherie
13-03-2021, 03:55 PM
so I wont get my £10 back?

:oh:

I put in the other £70 so count yourself lucky

Cherie
13-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Well thats was very kind of her to help sort these very poor folks pay off their morgage :laugh: is this woman for real ? and what clowns donated.

that's no way to speak about LT and me :oh:

she probably put it in herself to start off the scam lbr, it was in the mirror so I expect so

Jordan.
13-03-2021, 04:02 PM
she probably put in in herself to start off the scam lbr, it was in the mirror so I expect so

Agree, these hater critics are wild.

Glenn.
13-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Who was it embarrassing for? The op doesn’t state. I’m assuming the people who donated and not Harry and Meghan who I assume didn’t know about it nor need it?

AnnieK
13-03-2021, 04:16 PM
I don't get how this is embarrassing for Harry and Meghan. Maybe if they had launched a go fund me that was taken down then fair enough but to be embarrassed because a woman started something in their name is a bit weird :shrug:

rusticgal
13-03-2021, 04:21 PM

how embarrassing for Meghan and Harry, their poor mouth speech backfiring massively :hee:

Glenn.
13-03-2021, 04:24 PM
I don't get how this is embarrassing for Harry and Meghan. Maybe if they had launched a go fund me that was taken down then fair enough but to be embarrassed because a woman started something in their name is a bit weird :shrug:

The point I was precisely making.

There really is no depth to how low people will stoop just to have a dig.

Jordan.
13-03-2021, 04:25 PM

The OP originally said how embarrassing for "her" assuming the woman that started the page? Because why would it just be embarrassing for Meghan?? The narrative was swiftly changed after Cherie admitted it was likely a scam, oops.

Glenn.
13-03-2021, 04:28 PM
It was ‘how embarrassing for them’ wasn’t it? Then it was changed to how embarrassing for Harry and Meghan. Still not sure how it’s embarrassing for Harry and Meghan unless Cherie is assuming it had anything to do with them, which would be embarrassing for her surely?

Cherie
13-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Because she took from their interview that they are on their uppers!

GoldHeart

Isn't that illegal using their names though, it's obviously a scam though.

Cherie

:laugh:

Cherie
13-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Isn't that illegal using their names though, it's obviously a scam though.

The private couple opened themselves up to that...

Kazanne
13-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Hmmm, this is dodgy at best ,I hope people don't fall for it ,its probably going to line HER pockets, there really are some numpties out there.

AnnieK
13-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Because she took from their interview that they are on their uppers!

They can't be embarrassed for every lunatic though Cherie. That's like blaming any celeb who has a crazed stalker who convinces themselves that they would actually fall in love and marry if they would only notice them?

It's reaching to think they should or would be embarrassed by the actions of some woman who they don't know or have never met. If it were a personal friend or them themselves its different

Cherie
13-03-2021, 04:39 PM
They can't be embarrassed for every lunatic though Cherie. That's like blaming any celeb who has a crazed stalker who convinces themselves that they would actually fall in love and marry if they would only notice them?

It's reaching to think they should or would be embarrassed by the actions of some woman who they don't know or have never met. If it were a personal friend or them themselves its different

She did it off the back of their interview, for all we know she was genuine and thought they needed help :shrug:

LukeB
13-03-2021, 04:40 PM

:clap1:

GoldHeart
13-03-2021, 04:44 PM
The private couple opened themselves up to that...

This scammer is using Meghan and Harry's name for clout , and anyone who gives her money needs their head examined :facepalm: .

AnnieK
13-03-2021, 04:47 PM
She did it off the back of their interview, for all we know she was genuine and thought they needed help :shrug:

Not having that sorry. It was a scam and not a very good one :laugh:

She watched them in their multi million pound mansion, with meghan wearing a £4k dress and seriously thought they were on their uppers??

Wouldn't surprise me if the mirror set it up to report on another non-story about them.

Cherie
13-03-2021, 04:50 PM

She watched them in their multi million pound mansion, with meghan wearing a £4k dress and seriously thought they were on their uppers??

Wouldn't surprise me if the mirror set it up to report on another non-story about them.

There is a screen shot of Go fund me page?

so you don't think Harry saying he was cut off didn't influence her to do this for good or bad reasons?

Cherie
13-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Hmmm, this is dodgy at best ,I hope people don't fall for it ,its probably going to line HER pockets, there really are some numpties out there.

It has been taken down now Kaz

joeysteele
13-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Obviously a scam.
It must be.

Rather reaching to try to deflect any blame on this towards Prince Harry and Meghan..
Really.

rusticgal
13-03-2021, 04:56 PM

No we only saw them in their Chicken coop...the garden belonged to a neighbour. Perhaps she thought they lived in the chicken coop in their neighbours garden...and the neighbour lent her the dress...

Cherie
13-03-2021, 05:02 PM
No we only saw them in their Chicken coop...the garden belonged to a neighbour. Perhaps she thought they lived in the chicken coop in their neighbours garden...and the neighbour lent her the dress...

I didn't watch, so I don't know where it was filmed

the world is full of fruit loops its not beyond reason she thought they needed cash, why did Harry need to mention being cut off in his 30s from his Dads cash :laugh:

AnnieK
13-03-2021, 05:15 PM
There is a screen shot of Go fund me page?

so you don't think Harry saying he was cut off didn't influence her to do this for good or bad reasons?

Who knows how peoples minds work but to say they should be embarrassed is ridiculous imo. They cannot be held accountable for others questionable actions.

If someone read the papers today and set up a scam go fund me for Nikki or Sarah Harding that they knew nothing about, should they be embarrassed about it? That's the part that I don't understand

GoldHeart
13-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Obviously a scam.
It must be.

Rather reaching to try to deflect any blame on this towards Prince Harry and Meghan..
Really.

And yet I bet people will still blame Meghan and Harry :bored:

Cherie
13-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Who knows how peoples minds work but to say they should be embarrassed is ridiculous imo. They cannot be held accountable for others questionable actions.

If someone read the papers today and set up a scam go fund me for Nikki or Sarah Harding that they knew nothing about, should they be embarrassed about it? That's the part that I don't understand

Well yes they should if they were previously interviewed talking about being cut off financially, but weren’t actually in need of cash, this woman took it they were skint I guess

As a matter of interest where do you think her idea came from Annie?

AnnieK
13-03-2021, 05:39 PM
Well yes they should if they were previously interviewed talking about being cut off financially, but weren’t actually in need of cash, this woman took it they were skint I guess

I have no doubt that she watched the interview and came up with the idea to scam people. I don't really care beyond that as to the whys and the wherefores as to why a couple who did an interview should be embarrassed because an unknown individual decided to set up a go fund me bearing their name.

I don't understand your mindset on this Cherie I'm sorry.

He mentioned being cut off due to the fact that they moved in Tyler Perrys mansions as he provided the security they needed after the Palace cut them off. It was probably to address the tabloids here to that said Charles was still funding them too. Who knows.

Jordan.
13-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Cherie has already said herself she expects it was a scam so I'm not sure why she is now intent on arguing against her own stance.

Cherie
13-03-2021, 05:42 PM
I have no doubt that she watched the interview and came up with the idea to scam people. I don't really care beyond that as to the whys and the wherefores as to why a couple who did an interview should be embarrassed because an unknown individual decided to set up a go fund me bearing their name.

I don't understand your mindset on this Cherie I'm sorry.

He mentioned being cut off due to the fact that they moved in Tyler Perrys mansions as he provided the security they needed after the Palace cut them off. It was probably to address the tabloids here to that said Charles was still funding them too. Who knows.

No need to be sorry, it’s no biggie we don’t agree, its not even that serious a thread, hence General Chat

joeysteele
13-03-2021, 06:46 PM
And yet I bet people will still blame Meghan and Harry :bored:

In a veiled way Prince Harry and Meghan are getting part of the blame for simply saying they were cut off as to funds.

So perhaps it would have been better had they lied and said, oh we got loads from Dad, when we left.

Then they'd be getting wrong for lying!!

rusticgal
13-03-2021, 06:49 PM
I didn't watch, so I don't know where it was filmed

the world is full of fruit loops its not beyond reason she thought they needed cash, why did Harry need to mention being cut off in his 30s from his Dads cash :laugh:

He should be embarrassed....it was filmed in their neighbours garden...but they had footage of them in their chicken coop...:laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
13-03-2021, 06:53 PM
In a veiled way Prince Harry and Meghan are getting part of the blame for simply saying they were cut off as to funds.

So perhaps it would have been better had they lied and said, oh we got loads from Dad, when we left.

they lied continuously through the sham interview and have been roundly exposed from all sides

why change a habit?

GoldHeart
13-03-2021, 06:58 PM

Like I said no matter what they say they can't win

LeatherTrumpet
13-03-2021, 06:59 PM

what are they trying to win?

Cherie
13-03-2021, 07:18 PM

Nothing veiled about it

GoldHeart
13-03-2021, 07:26 PM

what are they trying to win?

A cuddly toy
See I can be sarcastic too :hee:

joeysteele
13-03-2021, 07:27 PM

Exactly Goldheart.

LeatherTrumpet
13-03-2021, 07:38 PM
A cuddly toy
See I can be sarcastic too :hee:

i wasnt being sarcastic

i did not know what you meant:conf:

rusticgal
13-03-2021, 08:51 PM

jet
02-02-2022, 10:57 PM

It turns out they did get loads from Dad when they left. They WERE lying. As per. :hee:

parmnion
02-02-2022, 11:04 PM
They want our money now..harry has spanked it all on gambling sites and prostitutes

Mystic Mock
03-02-2022, 12:22 AM
Can't this money go to something really important like Birmingham City or Coventry Blaze instead?:hehe: