PDA

View Full Version : On 29th March, when the ‘Stay at Home’ rule is eased...

Ammi
20-03-2021, 10:35 AM
...so that you can meet a few people outdoors, do you have plans in place for the day to see friends/family etc...?...

joeysteele
20-03-2021, 10:41 AM
I've none.
My Mum still has to have the 2nd vaccination.

I'm taking no chances with her, I mean I'm likely not that much at risk.
However, this has affected my Mum's confidence and trust in officialdom, so is still concerned.

When she's ready to go anywhere, I'll take her but it won't be to anywhere where there's a number of others.

Still safety first more for me then.

arista
20-03-2021, 10:57 AM
29th March
will be eased?

Cherie
20-03-2021, 11:29 AM
Changes on 29 March
Social contact
The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

Business and activities
Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts, and open-air swimming pools, will also be allowed to reopen, and people will be able to take part in formally organised outdoor sports.

Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme. The government has launched a new taskforce to review global travel which will report on 12 April.

Cherie
20-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Don’t think we will be bothering meeting anyone until pub/restaurant gardens open

My son will stay with us over Easter though

GoldHeart
20-03-2021, 06:36 PM
I didn't know that,but still doesn't change things for me .

Alf
20-03-2021, 06:41 PM
What's the difference between the 28th and the 29th?

Why is it OK on one day but not OK the day before.

What happens in that time between those days to make it suddenly OK?

I find it all bizarre.

DouglasS
20-03-2021, 06:59 PM
I will definitely not be staying at home

Vanessa
20-03-2021, 07:06 PM
I want to go to the seaside, as soon as it's allowed.
I needed to sit on the beach and look at the sea. :love:

LaLaLand
20-03-2021, 07:06 PM
I might go to the beach honestly. Miss it.

GoldHeart
20-03-2021, 07:24 PM
But things won't have changed much ,all this means is people are allowed to meet outside which was what they were doing anyway:idc: . Even if you go out more ,the restrictions are still there .

Marsh.
20-03-2021, 08:07 PM
What's the difference between the 28th and the 29th?

Why is it OK on one day but not OK the day before.

What happens in that time between those days to make it suddenly OK?

I find it all bizarre.

Well, you need a specific day when the rules are lifted. For obvious reasons.

"Ignore the rules in about a week or two" means nothing.

Alf
20-03-2021, 08:16 PM
Well, you need a specific day when the rules are lifted. For obvious reasons.

"Ignore the rules in about a week or two" means nothing.Then why not make the specific day the 28th? What's different about the 28th and the 29th? Why not lift the rules tomorrow?

It doesn't make sense.

LaLaLand
20-03-2021, 08:22 PM
Then why not make the specific day the 28th? What's different about the 28th and the 29th? Why not lift the rules tomorrow?

It doesn't make sense.

Because they’re making sure the infection rates and hospital admissions keep falling over time. Not to mention more and more will be vaccinated every day. It’s all being monitored very closely.

We’ve been given dates here in Wales but Drakeford has said outright these are NOT set in stone and will only happen if what I said above happens.

smudgie
20-03-2021, 09:35 PM
Shielding doesn’t finish until the 1st of April.
Once we can mix we will still be very careful and guests by invitation only.:laugh:

Marsh.
20-03-2021, 09:35 PM
Then why not make the specific day the 28th? What's different about the 28th and the 29th? Why not lift the rules tomorrow?

Because tomorrow is the 21st.

Nicky91
21-03-2021, 08:01 AM
more stupidity :facepalm:, people need to stay at home most of the time

if you have to go outdoors, wear a face covering

Zizu
22-03-2021, 07:03 PM
Nothings gonna change for me until the Summer .. I’m staying as safe as possible given I’m working in a 1400 person High School ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alf
22-03-2021, 07:11 PM
more stupidity :facepalm:, people need to stay at home most of the time

if you have to go outdoors, wear a face covering2EmWyw0KLJk