not trust the Government?

It's the medical scientists
that, advise us.

Even in USA
Biden finally now making sure all his white house staff
are vaccinated in the White House

Captain.Remy
30-07-2021, 09:11 AM
I think I read that Facebook and Google won't let non-vaccinated employees in their offices anymore. I went through it quickly so not 100% sure how accurate and to what extent it is true.

michael21
30-07-2021, 09:15 AM
Yes

arista
30-07-2021, 09:15 AM
I think I read that Facebook and Google won't let non-vaccinated employees in their offices anymore. I went through it quickly so not 100% sure how accurate and to what extent it is true.

Yes and a UK Plumber Business
is saying No Jab
No Job.

arista
30-07-2021, 09:19 AM
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/31D3/production/_119655721_mail-nc.png

LeatherTrumpet
30-07-2021, 09:19 AM
If your reason is non-medical then yes

You want to work for my taxi firm?

Wait you have not been vaccinated because you "think" the vaccine was rushed through and not tested enough?

Please shut the door on your way out...

arista
30-07-2021, 09:40 AM
If your reason is non-medical then yes

You want to work for my taxi firm?

Wait you have not been vaccinated because you "think" the vaccine was rushed through and not tested enough?

Please shut the door on your way out...

Yes of Course
Legit Medical Reasons, of course, not part of this.

Cherie
30-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Some West End theatres and Clubs are already asking for passports or proof of recovering from covid, sensible in my view

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Some West End theatres and Clubs are already asking for passports or proof of recovering from covid, sensible in my view

You can't eat or drink indoors in Pubs or Restaurants here atm without having that proof. There's some backlash against that, I've seen people compare it apartheid or Nazi Germany segregating the Jews (which personally I think is shameful and trivialising of both those things.) I think the figure here was 25% of Pubs and Restaurants have decided against reopening indoor service until they don't have to ask people for that proof of vaccination/Covid recovery

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 01:01 PM
I highly doubt this would hold up in court and I suspect companies would be wide open to a dismissal claim if they fully fired someone for refusing.

They could, on the other hand, refuse to allow people to come back to a communal workplace and insist on them working from home if they won't get vaccinated (if they have a job where that's possible).

I'm double-vaxxed but it would be a bit harsh for them to fire me if I had refused, given that I haven't seen any of my coworkers face-to-face in over 12 months :joker:.

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 01:06 PM
You can't eat or drink indoors in Pubs or Restaurants here atm without having that proof. There's some backlash against that, I've seen people compare it apartheid or Nazi Germany segregating the Jews (which personally I think is shameful and trivialising of both those things.) I think the figure here was 25% of Pubs and Restaurants have decided against reopening indoor service until they don't have to ask people for that proof of vaccination/Covid recovery

As far as I know you can't even GET proof of vaccination in Scotland. Well, you could get your GP to write up a letter or something, but you don't get it as standard and that could be easily faked :shrug:.

TBH it feels like the whole thing could be faked. How do they work in England? Do most places actually scan the QR? If it's just a thing that appears on your phone surely you could just screenshot someone else's and swap in your details and show them that :think:. Eagle-eyed places might notice. Most wouldn't.

Nicky91
30-07-2021, 01:07 PM
luckily then that i have no work :fan:

also i don't care, my reason is a legit and good reason, i cannot speak for others whom unlike me are socializing crowd ;)

those who socialize can spread the virus, so the more people vaxxed the better in slowing down the spread, i still believe in herd immunity

and i am not dumb, i will forever just wear my face mask whenever i have to leave my home (but that is not often) and as for holidays well i never leave the country either so, and in own country, i will also wear my face mask then, few disposable gloves as well

bitontheslide
30-07-2021, 01:09 PM
we are getting into some interesting human rights territory. Someone could catch flu from a fellow office worker and end up dying from it, where do you draw the line. If the majority are vaccinated, and they keep moving forward with boosters etc, there is no real reason why anyone should be adversely affected in a typical work place setting, i think the danger for companies is more linked with insurance and not being sued if someone dies. It could well become an insurance standard that workers need to be vaccinated and that will have knock ons to health insurance, mortgages etc etc etc

Tom4784
30-07-2021, 01:17 PM
Deleted Post

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 01:17 PM
As far as I know you can't even GET proof of vaccination in Scotland. Well, you could get your GP to write up a letter or something, but you don't get it as standard and that could be easily faked :shrug:.

TBH it feels like the whole thing could be faked. How do they work in England? Do most places actually scan the QR? If it's just a thing that appears on your phone surely you could just screenshot someone else's and swap in your details and show them that :think:. Eagle-eyed places might notice. Most wouldn't.

I'm not in England :fist:

In Ireland you get digital certificate with a QR code, I have an app on my phone called a Green pass with ours on

eta you also need ID (although I don't actually know if they check them all I haven't been inside a restaurant or Pub since they reopened)

bitontheslide
30-07-2021, 01:19 PM
I'm not in England :fist:

In Ireland you get digital certificate with a QR code, I have an app on my phone called a Green pass with ours on

thats an EU thaaang though isn't it

Do you not have an NHS app for Scotland TS? Did wee Nicky not pay that bill?

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 01:21 PM
thats an EU thaaang though isn't it

It is but it's what we're using here in Ireland for dining/drinking indoors

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Nah there's a Covid track & trace app but no functionality for things like vaccine passports.

bitontheslide
30-07-2021, 01:26 PM
Nah there's a Covid track & trace app but no functionality for things like vaccine passports.

this is not the covid app, it's a seperate NHS app

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 01:32 PM
this is not the covid app, it's a seperate NHS app

We don't want your poxy NHS cockney apples 'n' pears guvna pip pip pork pie and a pint of real ale Farage app up here in Sturgeonland, OK??

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 01:32 PM
We don't want your poxy NHS cockney apples 'n' pears guvna pip pip pork pie and a pint of real ale Farage app up here in Sturgeonland, OK??

:laugh2:

Cherie
30-07-2021, 01:36 PM
We can also order paper versions, :hee: you must have one how are the Scots managing to travel without proof of vac :suspect:

Ammi
30-07-2021, 01:37 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/JPyaTMTePZZZ4hhPpR/giphy.gif

bitontheslide
30-07-2021, 01:42 PM
We can also order paper versions, :hee: you must have one how are the Scots managing to travel without proof of vac :suspect:

when they get vaccinated in scotland, they get an SNP ROOLS wrist band welded on and that treated as proof

Cherie
30-07-2021, 01:43 PM
https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status

There you go TS :laugh:

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 01:53 PM
https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status

There you go TS :laugh:

This is blatantly for lazyboneses who were late to the party, my vaccination appointment letters certainly don't have "a username" on them... which apparently you need to register for this :hmph:. I've been 2x vaxxed for months.

Cherie
30-07-2021, 02:02 PM
when they get vaccinated in scotland, they get an SNP ROOLS wrist band welded on and that treated as proof

:laugh: or a Nicola tatt on their bum

AnnieK
30-07-2021, 02:02 PM
This is blatantly for lazyboneses who were late to the party, my vaccination appointment letters certainly don't have "a username" on them... which apparently you need to register for this :hmph:. I've been 2x vaxxed for months.

You can request a new username. I think you are being a lazybones and not reading it properly :laugh:

Cherie
30-07-2021, 02:03 PM

I think it is a bit much to compare it to Nazi Germany :laugh: they can still eat outside with the patio heater on

tbh I am happier eating outside still

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 02:05 PM
I think it is a bit much to compare it to Nazi Germany :laugh: they can still eat outside with the patio heater on

tbh I am happier eating outside still

Of course it is, it's insulting. People have a choice, they can get vaccinated or they can eat outside. We're still in a Pandemic that shut the world down almost for over a year now, people need to stop whining and let Bar and Restaurant owners try and resurrect their businesses

Tom4784
30-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Deleted Post

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 02:07 PM
People are ridiculous to compare current measures to the horrors of Nazi Germany, it's disgraceful, really, to the point of anti-semitism to reduce the suffering of millions to make out it's akin to having to wear a mask or not being able to go to a restaurant.

And they can still eat at the restaurant, they can sit outside, we've had beautiful weather and most places that have space, have covers and heaters for the evening

Tom4784
30-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Deleted Post

arista
30-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Labour are half backing this.
Meaning they want instant tests as well.

Cherie
30-07-2021, 02:15 PM
And they can still eat at the restaurant, they can sit outside, we've had beautiful weather and most places that have space, have covers and heaters for the evening

it's whining for the sake of whining tbh

like the papers today saying the app had been changed by stealth when it was announced venues over 20K would [probably need to to have vac passports, if the app wasn't changed then it would be...oh they are not ready...can't win really

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 03:10 PM
You can request a new username. I think you are being a lazybones and not reading it properly :laugh:

But Annie it wants the exact date of my first vaccine and I can't remember. Can you look back in the thread and find it? I don't want to because I don't find it fun.

Cherie
30-07-2021, 03:12 PM
But Annie it wants the exact date of my first vaccine and I can't remember. Can you look back in the thread and find it? I don't want to because I don't find it fun.

how were you invited for your jab, my dates are on my phone, what is this the 1950s :laugh:

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 03:14 PM
how were you invited for your jab, my dates are on my phone, what is this the 1950s :laugh:

I got some sort of early special boy access through my GP because of my youngest and it came in the post! I got my 2nd one by text but that's no use... they want the date of the first one... I can only narrow it down to "It was Spring time".

Niamh.
30-07-2021, 03:20 PM
here you go lazy bones

I finished at 12 today (to go get it) and I have the rest of the week off. Kids are back at school and my wife will be at work so I can just slob about the couch all day if I'm feeling crap.

I still have no symptoms, even the little dot is gone now, HOWEVER I put shampoo in the mug cupboard (apparently) and I dont know why and have no memory of doing it? My wife was looking for it, it had been left in the kitchen and I was in there tidying like "nope I've not seen it anywhere" but I'd put it tucked away in the corner of a cupboard??

Its my brain clot starting isnt it :worry:.

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11019373#post11019373

Cherie
30-07-2021, 03:21 PM
here you go lazy bones

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11019373#post11019373

:clap2:

AnnieK
30-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Niamh :clap1:
TS - lazybones :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
30-07-2021, 04:00 PM

They do TS its on the back at the top as i just went and got mine

its your first name.first few letters of your surname and 3 digits

like billy.num098

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 04:20 PM
They do TS its on the back at the top as i just went and got mine

its your first name.first few letters of your surname and 3 digits

like billy.num098

Yes well I was saying that entirely from memory as I threw them AWAY dinn'I.

It's OK though I have my log in now, Niamh found it, as she is actually the moderator of EVERY website :omgno:. Fanx Niamh!

LeatherTrumpet
30-07-2021, 04:28 PM
Yes well I was saying that entirely from memory as I threw them AWAY dinn'I.

It's OK though I have my log in now, Niamh found it, as she is actually the moderator of EVERY website :omgno:. Fanx Niamh!

when i got my second the chap whoi did it said keep the letters as you will need them for a vaccine passport!

:shocked:

Toy Soldier
30-07-2021, 04:31 PM
when i got my second the chap whoi did it said keep the letters as you will need them for a vaccine passport!

:shocked:

Well he lied because you could just have asked Niamh. I guess he didn't know you have a direct line to the boss though.

ThomasC
30-07-2021, 04:38 PM
I don't even know where my card is.

It's a grey matter due to the european convention on human rights.

arista
30-07-2021, 05:25 PM
I don't even know where my card is.

It's a grey matter due to the european convention on human rights.

Get a Print Out posted to you, then

Marsh.
30-07-2021, 08:32 PM
I feel we're going to see a lot of this kind of scaremongering for a few months as some kind of big push to get as many of the doubters to get the jab as possible, but they won't follow through with it. It's just a tactic to give some people the nudge to get the vaccine.

Gstar
31-07-2021, 01:32 AM
Crazy

arista
31-07-2021, 01:43 AM
Crazy

It is not
it's all for the Good Health of our nation.

arista
31-07-2021, 01:44 AM
I feel we're going to see a lot of this kind of scaremongering for a few months as some kind of big push to get as many of the doubters to get the jab as possible, but they won't follow through with it. It's just a tactic to give some people the nudge to get the vaccine.

Yes it has worked in France
All the Sloppy Students
got their Jabs