Of course there is anger
[Grenfell survivors and relatives of the
bereaved have accused the government
of trying to demolish the tower block
without consulting them.]

But as Structural Engineers have found
out the danger
It must be taken down.

https://news.sky.com/story/grenfell-survivors-accuse-government-of-trying-to-demolish-the-tower-block-without-consulting-them-12399621

Oliver_W
05-09-2021, 06:30 PM
So people think an unsafe structure which was a death trap even before the fire should be left standing? Nah mate.

Toy Soldier
05-09-2021, 07:39 PM
If it's unsafe it needs to come down HOWEVER I don't think it would be appropriate to build anything other than a memorial on the site - and doing so should be prioritised as soon as it's down (not leaving it as a pile of rubble for years).

LeatherTrumpet
05-09-2021, 07:47 PM
demolish it would be the way forward

arista
06-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Live on LBC

Locals are angry
seem to demand they need to know first?

But this is Structural Engineers
they are saying it can fall down

Thats bloody URGENT.

arista
06-09-2021, 10:32 AM
If it's unsafe it needs to come down HOWEVER I don't think it would be appropriate to build anything other than a memorial on the site - and doing so should be prioritised as soon as it's down (not leaving it as a pile of rubble for years).

Yes they have agreed not to build there

Livia
06-09-2021, 10:44 AM

Agree that it needs to come down but not that nothing else should be built there. Thousands were buried under rubble in the Blitz and all of those sites have been built over including a school that was packed with kids being evacuated and that took a direct hit. Took them 60 years to raise a memorial to the civilians who died in the air raids in east London and that memorial is repeatedly scrawled with Islamic writing, so not much respect for the dead there. Not only that, but when museums and archaeologist's discover old burial sites they dig the bodies up and put them on display. We either have to treat all of the dead with the same kind of reverence, or none of them... in my humble opinion.

Cherie
06-09-2021, 10:55 AM
There is no way it wont be built on...prime spot.. the best way to honour the dead would have been to rebuild as affordable homes and social housing, and put in all the safety features with bells on that were sadly lacking in the original building imo