3rd/4th place match GB vs Sweden

final between Italy and Norway

Nicky91
08-02-2022, 07:41 AM
mixed teams

bronze medal to Sweden, after they beat GB with 9-3

MTVN
08-02-2022, 08:08 AM
Pretty disappointing after they were well on top in the semis then blew it. Didn't see today's game but sounds like they never turned up

Denver
08-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Why you never let the Scottish do anything

Nicky91
10-02-2022, 09:10 AM
men's

wednesdays results

Canada - Denmark 10-5

Sweden - China 6-4

Norway - Switzerland 7-4

USA - ROC-Russia 6-5 (after extra round)

todays results so far

Canada - Norway 6-5

ROC-Russia - China 7-4

Sweden - USA 7-4

GB - Italy 7-5

-------------------------------------
women's

todays results so far

USA - ROC-Russia 9-3

Sweden - Japan 8-5

Denmark - China 7-6

Switzerland - GB 6-5

MTVN
17-02-2022, 07:37 AM
Tense stuff in the curling now. GB needed to win and have two results go their way to get through to the semis

We just best Russia and one result has gone our way, now just need Sweden to hold on for the win to qualify :worry: they're leading by two in the final end

James
17-02-2022, 03:22 PM
I've watched this a bit.

British men are in the final now.

parmnion
17-02-2022, 03:31 PM
I've watched this a bit.

British men are in the final now.

Scottish men are in the final now.:smug:

MTVN
17-02-2022, 03:38 PM
The men played really well, great to see the American captain losing his rag with his teammates while our lads were calm as anything all game

Good to see the curling teams stepping up given how poorly all our other athletes have performed

glib
17-02-2022, 04:09 PM
Good to see the curling teams stepping up given how poorly all our other athletes have performed

Never watched the winter games before have you? We’ve always performed poorly at the Winter Olympics. We don’t have consistent snow, and sloping mountains like China, Russia, Canada, the US, Norway, Sweden… not to mention ice rinks and bobsleigh-skeleton tracks have been closed for the majority of the past few years because of the pandemic.

parmnion
17-02-2022, 04:16 PM
Never watched the winter games before have you? We’ve always performed poorly at the Winter Olympics. We don’t have consistent snow, and sloping mountains like China, Russia, Canada, the US, Norway, Sweden… not to mention ice rinks and bobsleigh-skeleton tracks have been closed for the majority of the past few years because of the pandemic.

I would imagine everyone is aware how poor we are in the winter Olympics, I'm laughing at you blaming ice rinks being closed for our poor performance, especially when our curling team are doing so well.:joker:

MTVN
17-02-2022, 04:34 PM

This is the revelation of the century :o

MTVN
17-02-2022, 04:35 PM
I watched a lot of the last 3 games actually which is why I know we won a few medals at the last two games whereas this year all of our various medal hopes have fallen short

glib
17-02-2022, 04:38 PM
I would imagine everyone is aware how poor we are in the winter Olympics, I'm laughing at you blaming ice rinks being closed for our poor performance, especially when our curling team are doing so well.:joker:

Since when does curling practice take place at your local ice rink?

MTVN
17-02-2022, 04:41 PM
Why Team GB are on course for their worst Olympics in 30 years

The last time Great Britain finished a Winter Olympics medalless was at the 1992 Games in Albertville, also the last time both a summer and winter Games had been held in the same year.

Thirty years on, and as Beijing celebrates becoming the first city to host both a summer and winter Olympics, British athletes are sliding towards their own slice of history, albeit of the unfortunate kind.

With four days of competition left, the wait goes on for a medal. It could well happen yet, with the strongest chance coming in the men's curling. But even if the drought does end, questions will inevitably be asked as to how such disappointing performances in Beijing came to pass, especially backed by millions in UK Sport funding.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/winter-olympics/2022/02/16/team-gb-course-worst-olympics-30-years/#:~:text=Britain%20has%20only%20won%20a,history%20 of%20the%20Winter%20Olympics.

parmnion
17-02-2022, 04:46 PM
Since when does curling practice take place at your local ice rink?

Unless they have started using the putting green at the next door golf course, I would imagine evertime anyone wanted to.:shrug:

Nicky91
18-02-2022, 08:34 AM

our skeleton tracks here were also closed, but our athlete Kimberley Bos went to other countries instead to train

we also do not have mountains to train for snowboarding, skiing but still have two 6th place results at snowboarding, Melissa Peperkamp and Niek van der Velden

that UK performs poorly at winter olympics is mainly on UK's olympic comittee to blame for, for lack of ambitions

lack of a solid broadcaster either, Woke BBC not even highlighting the decent efforts for Cornelius Kersten and Ellia Smeding their olympic debuts and representing GB after so many years at the speed skating event

Nicky91
18-02-2022, 08:41 AM
even countries like Jamaica, Brazil participate at winter olympics, not in it to win something but just taking part and having a wonderful time, once in a lifetime experience

and they go out to countries like Canada to train

Saudi Arabia also they made their debut at skiing, they basically got indoor skiing facilities in own country but for outdoors they head to either Canada or Switzerland

Australia also getting quite some medals now is also surprising a warm country, but still some areas apparently there have some snow in some higher parts of their mountains, and also indoor training facilities + heading out earlier than everyone else to the olympics location to train longer than some other countries whom are more experienced at winter sport events

we dutch, well our speed skaters train the entire year, winters on the ice, spring and summer on the road with wheels just to practice certain movements with your legs, arms and also on the fitness bicycles

belgians come into our country to train, like Bart Swings, Mathias Vosté

but yeah if TeamGB doesn't want to try out anything, don't moan if its your worst winter olympics to date :bored: :facepalm:

also should've been more focus on few more replacements for Elise Christie at shorttrack speed skating, another mistake made by GB's comittee :facepalm:

Nicky91
18-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Curling is not a sport, which is why we dutch do not take part in this event :fan:

Zizu
18-02-2022, 11:35 AM
The men played really well, great to see the American captain losing his rag with his teammates while our lads were calm as anything all game

That American guy was completely obnoxious ... he’s a public speaker and big does he like the sound of his own voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTVN
18-02-2022, 11:37 AM
GB give up 4 in the very first end of the semi final :skull:

But bounce back with a big 3 in the second end :clap1:

Zizu
18-02-2022, 11:38 AM
I maybe in the minority here but I think that the Olympics curling event is a complete farce !!

Why don’t they just have a true test of skill and let ONE guy just throw the thing down and dispense with those guys brushing the ice !?!

Imagine Messi taking a free kick and some guy on the goal line tips it into the top corner ..

Don’t get me on that loudmouth American guy who spends all his time SHOUTING out all his thoughts and ideas at the top of his voice !!

Aghhh !!!

parmnion
18-02-2022, 11:39 AM
This is very soothing.

parmnion
18-02-2022, 01:36 PM
Get in

MTVN
18-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Eve Muirhead :lovedup:

parmnion
18-02-2022, 01:44 PM
Eve Muirhead :lovedup:

What an end that was.Japan in the final if we keep it tight.

parmnion
18-02-2022, 01:46 PM
Drop it on the 2 reds.

parmnion
18-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Arghhhhhh

parmnion
18-02-2022, 02:06 PM
Great viewing, I'm glad I took the day off work now.

MTVN
18-02-2022, 02:08 PM
Get in!!

MTVN
19-02-2022, 08:56 AM
GB men lose a close final to Sweden

A great tournament for them though and we finally get a medal :clap1:

Denver
19-02-2022, 09:01 AM
That final shot was woeful, should have sat on the red and asked Edin to risk it all to remove it, we were outplayed in everyway today but Edin is a legend of the game and deserved his Olympic gold

Alf
19-02-2022, 09:10 AM
Tune in to Channel 4 at 12pm today for live Super league rugby.

Hull FC vs St Helens.

Channel 4 now have coverage of Super league games and show one on a Saturday lunchtime.

Once the Rugby league game grips you there's no going back, you will become hooked.

MTVN
20-02-2022, 02:23 AM
Gold medal incoming!!!