PDA

View Full Version : 15 year old Russian figure skater fails drug test

MTVN
11-02-2022, 07:22 AM
Teenage Russian figure skater, Kamila Valieva, failed a drugs test in December, the International Testing Agency has confirmed.

The 15-year-old helped win team figure skating gold for the Russian Olympic Committee on Monday but the medals were not awarded because of a "legal issue".

The Russian Anti Doping Agency (Rusada) lifted her suspension, enabling her to continue at the Beijing Games.

The International Olympic Committee has now appealed against that decision.

As has the International Skating Union, calling on the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) to reinstate Valieva's provisional suspension.

The ITA said Valieva, who was the first female skater to land a quadruple jump in competition, had a sample collected on Christmas Day at the Russian Figure Skating Championships in St Petersburg.

It was sent to the World Anti Doping Agency (Wada)-accredited laboratory in Stockholm, Sweden.

The result was only reported on 8 February, the day after she won team gold but before the medal ceremony had taken place.

Valieva tested positive for trimetazidine, which is used in the prevention of angina attacks, but is on the Wada banned list because it is classed as a cardiac metabolic modulator and has been proven to improve physical efficiency.

She was provisionally suspended but challenged the decision and Rusada agreed to lift it on 9 February.

Cas will now hear the case before her scheduled appearance in the individual event, which starts on Tuesday, 15 February.

Valieva, who is favourite for the women's singles, has been seen training at the Capital Indoor Stadium in Beijing.

Full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/60329120

Pretty depressing story, partly for showing that Russia is still at it and for a 15 year old girl to be doping she's obviously under some very malign influences, feel pretty sorry for her

arista
11-02-2022, 09:11 AM
Yes Good you posted this

Nicky seems ignores these,
things.

They are going to look into this before
the next event on tuesday.

Nicky91
11-02-2022, 09:13 AM
Yes Good you posted this

Nicky seems ignores these,
things.

They are going to look into this before
the next event on tuesday.

i don't care about these things

i focus on the sports, but a shame these clickbait news tabloids exist still :idc:

arista
11-02-2022, 09:18 AM
i don't care about these things

i focus on the sports, but a shame these clickbait news tabloids exist still :idc:

MTVN gave a BBC link

Nicky this is the Sports
Headline News

Stinking Russian Corruption
is every time.

Nicky91
11-02-2022, 09:23 AM
MTVN gave a BBC link

Nicky this is the Sports
Headline News

Stinking Russian Corruption
is every time.

what do i care about the BBC morons

arista
11-02-2022, 09:24 AM
what do i care about the BBC morons

Its not a Crap Newspaper

arista
11-02-2022, 10:10 AM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/11/08/54056877-10501149-image-a-4_1644567107072.jpg

bitontheslide
11-02-2022, 11:37 AM
russia clearly just dont care, they have no intention of giving up doping and i don't understand why their athletes are still allowed to compete under a different banner. Itr makes no sense. If the authorities want to stop it, they need to ban the athletes

arista
11-02-2022, 11:48 AM
Confirmed she had a Banned Substance

No medal handed out.

LeatherTrumpet
11-02-2022, 12:07 PM
i think we should scrap all Olympics as the chinese and russians have been cheating for decades and will continue to

arista
11-02-2022, 12:12 PM
i think we should scrap all Olympics as the chinese and russians have been cheating for decades and will continue to

Good Points

Nicky91
11-02-2022, 12:24 PM

you would want to ruin everything for us youths

glib
11-02-2022, 12:29 PM
you would want to ruin everything for us youths

No youths watch the Olympics I’m afraid to say

glib
11-02-2022, 12:29 PM
Swear Russia got banned from all sporting events a few years back? Or did they create a new state to go under.

Nicky91
11-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Swear Russia got banned from all sporting events a few years back? Or did they create a new state to go under.

ROC (Russian olympic comittee)

UserSince2005
11-02-2022, 04:51 PM
what a junkie, get a grip girl.

Nicky91
14-02-2022, 07:41 AM
fake news

another bit of western lies towards Russia :idc:

arista
14-02-2022, 08:22 AM
Because of her age
they have let her off, for now
she can continue.

But no word if she gets her medal back

All Media

arista
14-02-2022, 08:24 AM
fake news

another bit of western lies towards Russia :idc:

No Nicky it was a Legit test result

Be Fair.

Nicky91
14-02-2022, 08:31 AM
No Nicky it was a Legit test result

Be Fair.

test results can be false positives though

but no, the west once again quickly covered this, prejudices against russia once more :rolleyes:

arista
14-02-2022, 10:49 AM

MTVN
17-02-2022, 03:06 PM
She was favourite going into the final skate but fell several times on her last routine and ended up 4th :skull:

Feel very sorry for her, not surprising she couldn't cope in the end

Niamh.
17-02-2022, 03:15 PM
test results can be false positives though

but no, the west once again quickly covered this, prejudices against russia once more :rolleyes:

Oh give it a rest Nicky fgs

Niamh.
17-02-2022, 03:16 PM
She was favourite going into the final skate but fell several times on her last routine and ended up 4th :skull:

Feel very sorry for her, not surprising she couldn't cope in the end

They should have pulled her from the competition. I do feel sorry for her, she's a kid and she's not responsible for the drugs however rules are rules and it's unfair on the other competitors

bitontheslide
17-02-2022, 05:51 PM
i feel sorry for her, she has been manipulated by the russian sporting federation. However, if she was old enough to enter the competition, she is old enough to abide by the rules. She should have been disqualified. I think that would have been an easier lesson to learn than having the spotlight on her

parmnion
17-02-2022, 06:01 PM
Shes probably never had a childhood, so her age dont matter in regards to the drugs.

arista
18-02-2022, 06:01 AM
Kamila Valieva: Olympics boss attacks Russian
skater's team for failing to comfort her after she fell on the ice

https://news.sky.com/story/kamila-valieva-olympics-boss-attacks-russian-skaters-team-for-failing-to-comfort-her-after-she-fell-on-the-ice-12544866

She fell on the Ice
and her team ignored her.

MTVN
18-02-2022, 07:46 AM
This is really disturbing from the BBC article, the level of abuse in this sport must be unreal

Tutberidze has overseen something of a production line in successful young Russian skaters in recent years at the Sambo-70 club in Moscow - including new Olympic champion Anna Shcherbakova and silver medallist Alexandra Trusova, who are both 17.

Before them, there was 2018 champion Alina Zagitova, who was 15 when she won gold and 2018 silver medallist Evgenia Medvedeva, who was 18. Meanwhile, Yulia Lipnitskaya, was 15 when she won team gold at Sochi 2014.

They have either all retired while still teenagers or gone on a break from the sport with no return imminent.

And from the way Trusova was speaking on Thursday after her silver medal, she may soon be another name to add to the list of early retirements.

"I hate this sport, I hate this sport, I hate all of it. I won't go to the medal ceremony... I don't want to go," she was overheard saying angrily before later composing herself at a news conference and adding: "Of course these were only emotions and I'll think it over and later on I'll take a decision what I'm going to do in the future."

glib
18-02-2022, 09:16 AM
This is really disturbing from the BBC article, the level of abuse in this sport must be unreal

What’s new? Figure skaters in Russia have always been abused, it is not ‘the sport’ in general, thank you.

They’re poached from a young age, trained even when they’re on the verge of collapse. That’s just the mentality in Russia. The coach doesn’t care if they don’t feel well

They are given grants by Putin to allow them to quit jobs/education and focus full time on the sport. They really could not care less about the toll on the skater’s health, only that they beat the US.

Meanwhile everybody else in the Top 10 has to have a full time job just to pay the costly coaches. Except Torvill & Dean, reluctantly given a grant in 1980 to quit their jobs by Nottingham City Council. Coincidence this was where their results began improving ?