PDA

View Full Version : James outed!

Romantic Old Bird
15-03-2002, 02:26 PM
No, not another Will situation, he has been givent the order of the boot!

I've only just spotted this, although apparently it's old news. James Redmond seems to have been considered surplus to requirements on SM:TV (Go to http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=11703367&method=full )

Now, with Cat Deeley going, that will only leave Tess and Brian. Do they need a threesome, and, if so who might it be?

Please, not Narinder! I like the girl, but no!She would hog the screen and devour all the male guests!

It is supposed to be a children's programme, and I think our Helen would be fan-bloody-tastic!

Emails all round?

monie
15-03-2002, 03:22 PM
I am afraid I have to disagree, as much as I love Helen, she would not be the right person for SMTV, although she is very good at ad lib somethings go right over her head. Brian would be trying to up stage her, and then there would be conflict, and possibly swearing which would not go down well on a kids programme. I watched Helen on the Saturday morning show when she was promoting her video, she tried so hard bless her , but for some reason there was not her natural flow. Narnider would be a NO NO. Now James has gone , perhaps Cat will stay as Brian and her have a good rapour going.:dance::dance:

Kaz
15-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Yes, I saw that too, ROB. I don't think poor James was ever very comfortable on SM:TV so it's probably for the best.

As to who to replace him, I agree that Narinder would be a disastrous choice ...... but what about Bubble? :spin2:

Mairi
15-03-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry, ROB, I agree with the others. I think Helen is better off with Lorraine at the moment, especially as they now seem to have come to their senses and are using her natural talents more (and about time too - I was beginning to despair!).

Kaz, I do like the idea of having Bubble, actually. He's good with kids and he and Brian were very funny together in the house. I think it could work very well.

Who should replace Cat though, if she does go? Does anyone know why she's leaving, by the way?:conf:

LEE
15-03-2002, 08:50 PM
I think Bubble would be excellent too. :thumbs:

Maggie
15-03-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm a, No for Bubble , I did'nt find him that funny :joker:

chilledbootz
16-03-2002, 06:19 AM
Me too discolady, I think he thought he was a lot funnier than he is!!. I think Dermot O Leary would be fantastic. I've heard rumours it will be Dane Bowers, which is good as well I think :elephant::dance:

Romantic Old Bird
16-03-2002, 08:53 AM
Mmmm, I know you are right about Helen in the present format, because it's not REALLY a children's programme per se.

It goes along similar lines to Tiswas in the seventies. Nowhere near as funny though, IMHO, as the phantom flan flinger, the dying fly, a very young and very funny Lenny Henry, all very silly groundbreaking slapstick, fantastic.

OH and I glued to the screen and howling with laughter, whilst our very little ones were tugging at our sleeves for attention.

SM:TV is like that, aimed at the slighter older, aspiring to be grown up child, and there are loads of innuendo's thrown in for the discerning. Ant and Dec were perfect for that, because they had the cheeky cherubic look which allowed them to get away with murder.

Helen is not as 'quickfire' but would be lovely with little children on a 'proper' children's prog. Remember the bit on Lorraine where she worked with those girls for their Cinderella dance. She was completely on their wavelength, and they loved her for it. She would be great doing a 'challenge' or 'fix it' type programme with them.

Back to SM:TV. Bubble? Sorry, no, I don't see it myself. I think he is a nice enough fellow, but I agree with discolady, not nearly as funny as he thinks he is. He didn't make me laugh once in the house, but he did annoy me. When he mooned the housemates I found myself going 'yuck, what a pasty little bum' not hahaha at all.

Did I not read that they were considering Hayley for the Cat Deeley job? If the end up with Hayley, Tess and Brian, it's not going to be terribly 'butch' is it? No more relying on the old sexual chemistry thing in 'Chums'!

Mairi
16-03-2002, 10:16 AM
quote from ROB:
He didn't make me laugh once in the house.

Not even when he and Brian were waltzing and Brian said "hold me Bubble"? I was on the floor!!!!!

:laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
16-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Sorry Miriam, no, not particularly. If i did find it funny, it was more Brian's contribution than Bubble's!

It's good to know we don't agree on absolutely everything, Miriam my friend, and I still think you're triple cool! :thumbs: Don't hate me will you?:bawling:

disco
16-03-2002, 03:18 PM
The chances of Narinder, Bubble OR Helen joining Brian on SM:TV are non-existant for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, they wouldn't be up to it. Although Helen and Bubble do well on Lorraine and Chelsea TV respectively, neither have the professionalism required to host such a high-profile programme such as SM:TV. They host their slots because of their high profile and passion for the subjects in hand, not so much for their excellence in media. They wouldn't connect with the audience at SM:TV quite so well.

It has to be remembered that Brian has been trained specifically for this sort of presenting role for the past six months. He started as a guest presenter, then progressed to permanent slots such as Casually. It is only with time, training and experience that he has more recently progressed to taking a more central presenting role.

Secondly, PFD wouldn't allow it. They have been distancing Brian from Big Brother ever since they took him on their books. To install a fellow ex-housemate as co-presenter would take Brian's career back six months. Brian is being seen less and less as 'Brian from Big Brother' and more as 'Brian from SM:TV'. To be professionally linked with Bubble, Helen or Narinder would be career suicide.

WILDCHILD2K1
17-03-2002, 12:33 PM
You have made some good points there Disco:thumbs:
I agree that Brian is now being seen more now as 'Brian from SM:TV' and not the guy that won Big Brother. Im glad at this because he is being recognised as someone who is actually achieving something and not just a 'wannabe' how some people put it.
Also, Bubble is on Chelsea TV bcause he takes an interest in football and Helen is on Lorraine cause she is obsessed with beauty and hair. I guess I never really thought about it like that.
As horrible as this might sound, I dont think I want Narinder or Bubble to join SMTV, (not that they ever would) because I just dont think it is their place to do it. I know Brian does but I cant really explain why I think he is right for it, it is like he was born to present and he is really good at it.:hello::colour::hello: