PDA

View Full Version : How angry can you get?

Redway
17-04-2023, 01:35 PM
I feel like more people than not are fundamentally nice (or at least not mean for the sake of being mean), to describe it in the broadest and most simplified way possible, but at the end of the day everyone has their limits, buttons and triggers, which when crossed or activated can greatly irritate a person. How far up the anger-coaster can you go when you’re pushed beyond a certain level?

Vanessa
17-04-2023, 01:36 PM
I have a temper, but these days I'm quite good at controlling it.
I'm more likely to cry when I'm upset :laugh:

Redway
17-04-2023, 01:45 PM
I’m not a pessimist but when I’m in a bad mood I tend more towards that than anything else. Life’s given me lots to be bitter about over the years and it can be quite obvious when I’m pissed/embittered but it’s more a case of being and looking miserable than screaming my head off and throwing plates (as some people do). It’s a contained anger. Whatever truly overt anger I ever have comes out over the keyboard and mostly on directed to the person I’m actually pissed/frustrated with. Not so much in person.

Redway
17-04-2023, 01:50 PM
I did have a bit of a short temper at various points when I was a kid, ’though. I’ll say that. But even then I was meek as a lamb around adults (except one or two hot moments in Sunday school). I only ever flipped with people my own age or a little younger. A lot of people thought I was the perfect child and sure I might’ve been good overall but they only say perfect because they didn’t see the angry side of me. I’m the one who has the full perspective to say things for what they were so I don’t remember my childhood as being more idealistically pure-hearted on my side than it actually was. Only the elders of the time who only caught me in meek passing. As a 9-to-11-year-old I definitely had a temper.

bitontheslide
17-04-2023, 02:10 PM
i have red hair

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:12 PM
i have red hair

Remind me to never eat the last of your custard creams.

Soldier Boy
17-04-2023, 02:12 PM
I'd say I have plenty of anger but it's contained and focussed in my old age. I could kick off as a kid/teen/into my early 20's.

These days I'd never get physical and very rarely even raise my voice. I'm a gentleman, not some sort of savage :hee:.

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:16 PM
I'd say I have plenty of anger but it's contained and focussed in my old age. I could kick off as a kid/teen/into my early 20's.

These days I'd never get physical and very rarely even raise my voice. I'm a gentleman, not some sort of savage :hee:.

My speaking voice is quite low (it’s a combination of having a deep bass-y kind of voice and naturally just being a bit more quiet than the average person, which doesn’t help) so literally raising my voice isn’t my natural way of showing anger in any case. The last time I did that was when I was 16 and even that was very-much a one-off. Did it quite a bit more as a 9-year-old though.

Edit: now that I remember, I tell a lie about the last time I raised my voice angrily being when I was 16. But it’s been very few-and-far between since then, that’s for sure.

Oliver_W
17-04-2023, 02:17 PM
I'm quite emotionally monotone, I rarely exceed in any emotion :laugh:

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:18 PM
I'm quite emotionally monotone, I rarely exceed in any emotion :laugh:

People like that often have the most emotional passion and/or sensitivity internally which just isn’t obvious to other people. Except maybe those who know them extremely well.

UserSince2005
17-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Once the cleaning staff in the hotel thought I was murdering my partner during an argument.

Kate!
17-04-2023, 02:19 PM
I'm a bit of a Nikki Grahame, I roar lol. Then it's forgotten.

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:22 PM
I'm a bit of a Nikki Grahame, I roar lol. Then it's forgotten.

I love how some people can turn into a right lion(ness) when they’re angry with someone and then go back to being best friends once it’s had out with and all’s been said, done and forgotten. Lol.

LeatherTrumpet
17-04-2023, 02:29 PM
I am mild-mannered but have the football to attend and i can rant and rave and jump around and release a lot of energy there

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:31 PM
I am mild-mannered but have the football to attend and i can rant and rave and jump around and release a lot of energy there

There’s little point even going to the stadium if you’re not going to rant and rave and unleash pent-up tension.

Redway
17-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Besides me not being a big football-buff anyway I probably wouldn’t go regardless. There are some places you can’t just go to sit quietly.

Kate!
17-04-2023, 02:40 PM
I often vent to music. Some great hate songs are Stick You by Daphne and Celeste, I hate everything about you by Ugly Kid Joe and Baby I don't care by Transvision Vamp.

Soldier Boy
17-04-2023, 03:06 PM
Some great hate songs are Stick You by Daphne and Celeste, I hate everything about you by Ugly Kid Joe and Baby I don't care by Transvision Vamp.

Oh Kate :joker:

I do like my angry music. Not... err... not the above :joker:

smudgie
17-04-2023, 03:17 PM
Anger is a wasted energy.
Good for the young but we mellow as we age.

Redway
17-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Anger is a wasted energy.
Good for the young but we mellow as we age.

If only that was always the case.

Redway
17-04-2023, 03:31 PM
Once the cleaning staff in the hotel thought I was murdering my partner during an argument.

Bloody hell.

Kate!
17-04-2023, 03:33 PM
Oh Kate :joker:

I do like my angry music. Not... err... not the above :joker:

:joker: :wavey: what type of songs?

AnnieK
17-04-2023, 04:29 PM
i have red hair

Me too.

I had the stereotypical ginger temper when I was younger and could go from 0-100 temper points in the click of a finger but have learned to control it over the years. But I am still fairly hot headed if I am riled.

AnnieK
17-04-2023, 04:31 PM
Once I've blow up though I cool down quickly and don't hold grudges :laugh:

bitontheslide
17-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Me too.

I had the stereotypical ginger temper when I was younger and could go from 0-100 temper points in the click of a finger but have learned to control it over the years. But I am still fairly hot headed if I am riled.

it takes me a while to get riled, but when i do .... boom .... but i also calm down very quickly :laugh:

Redway
17-04-2023, 06:05 PM
I’m just trying to imagine Bradley Branning (another ginger) blowing up without falling over and accidentally cutting himself with glass. I don’t think I can.

Redway
17-04-2023, 06:07 PM
it takes me a while to get riled, but when i do .... boom .... but i also calm down very quickly :laugh:

That’s where I’m different. I don’t get outwardly hot or riled easily but on the contrary I am definitely, definitely the sort of person to hold a grudge and I don’t forgive easily (if ever). Just one disrespectful comment or needless breach of trust or confidence is all it takes. In my book it’s hard to come back from that. I’d actually rather hate someone forever. But that’s bitterness, not volatility or heat-of-the-moment anger. Stock apologies and misunderstandings are just a natural part of life but as far as I’m concerned that’s something completely different (nobody’s perfect anyway). What’s more-or-less unforgivable is people crossing boundaries for nothing other than disrespect’s sake, deliberate gaslighting and onwards. Not just the general apologetics hubbub of life (and God knows I’ve had to apologise my fair share of times). I’m nice enough to understand and meet people where they’re at and uncompromising enough to never let it go if it’s that deep. I’m reasonable about it but a lot of people aren’t even trying to be reasonable, because they obviously don’t value you at all. You meet such people in the gutter and leave them there.

Alf
17-04-2023, 06:08 PM
Try me and find out.

LeatherTrumpet
17-04-2023, 06:11 PM
my last infraction was over a year ago

https://media.tenor.com/4epce03SJ8QAAAAM/angel-fallen-angel.gif

Oliver_W
17-04-2023, 06:31 PM
general apologetics
General Apologetics!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYzE0MWUzZmUwZWViNDA5NGZkYjcxNjh iNTZmODBmZDM3NjExNjM5YSZjdD1n/2t9sDPrlvFpdK/giphy.gif

rusticgal
17-04-2023, 06:41 PM
It’s rare…but if I’m really wound up I can do a mini Nikki graham…:laugh:

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 06:58 PM
Try me and find out.

You’ve recently lost one tooth try to hold on to a few more Alf

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:00 PM
You’ve recently lost one tooth try to hold on to a few more AlfAnd that slut tooth fairy didn't even leave me a penny.

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:01 PM
I’m very scary when I lose my temper
One day I lost it with someone and a woman came out of an office and asked was I ok and would I like a cup of tea

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:02 PM
And that slut tooth fairy didn't even leave me a penny.

No woman is going anywhere near your bed mate

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:04 PM
One day I lost it with someone and a woman came out of an office and asked was I ok and would I like a cup of tea0gSsrwZDA3Q

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:04 PM
No woman is going anywhere near your bed mateI know, they're all making a mint on Onlyfans.

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:05 PM
I know, they're all making a mint on Onlyfans.

Good luck to them

Oliver_W
17-04-2023, 07:06 PM
And that slut tooth fairy didn't even leave me a penny.

She gets milk teeth, not those that drop out from old age :hehe:

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:07 PM
She gets milk teeth, not those that drop out from old age :hehe:

Alf had to help his one out

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Alf had to help his one outI'm very skilled in dentistry.

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:12 PM
I'm very skilled in dentistry.

You got lucky Alf my sister in law had an infection but the dentist still pulled he tooth and her cheek and neck filled with blood luckily it disbursed or she was looking at an operation.

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:16 PM
You got lucky Alf my sister in law had an infection but the dentist still pulled he tooth and her cheek and neck filled with blood luckily it disbursed or she was looking at an operation.I do have a gap now where a tooth used to be that used to enjoy crunching down on food. I had a Greg's sausage roll today and it was quite painful on the area my tooth used to be. I hope that doesn't continue for the rest of my days.

thesheriff443
17-04-2023, 07:28 PM
I do have a gap now where a tooth used to be that used to enjoy crunching down on food. I had a Greg's sausage roll today and it was quite painful on the area my tooth used to be. I hope that doesn't continue for the rest of my days.

You will get used to it

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:31 PM
You will get used to itI think I already am. I'm eating lasagne as we speak and it's not so bad.

Redway
17-04-2023, 07:37 PM
https://youtu.be/BF9xEO_6pgk

I fully feel like Nikki some days. Especially on Mondays. Words cannot describe the HATE I have for Mondays and nothing can ever prepare me emotionally prepare me for their raggedy-ness (everything seems to go wrong). If it was a person punching it in the face would be the least thing I could do to it. I don’t rate Sunday evenings either but they’re nothing like the hell that is the beginning of another long, draining week.

Alf
17-04-2023, 07:40 PM
I've been up since 3 o clock this morning. I've done a days work, I've come home and cooked a lasagne which is over a hours work. I've had a few beers and I know that I need my bed right now and as soon as I get into it that I'm a kip no matter how hard I try to stay awake.

I feel like a lightweight going to bed at this time. I'm well known as a party animal. My reputation is in tatters.

Redway
17-04-2023, 07:41 PM
It’s always interesting to see how other people feel and approach/control situations. Nobody’s perfect. Nobody.

Redway
17-04-2023, 09:12 PM
I've been up since 3 o clock this morning. I've done a days work, I've come home and cooked a lasagne which is over a hours work. I've had a few beers and I know that I need my bed right now and as soon as I get into it that I'm a kip no matter how hard I try to stay awake.

I feel like a lightweight going to bed at this time. I'm well known as a party animal. My reputation is in tatters.

I’m a heavyweight myself (and I’ve had a few beers today) and I’m hitting the sack already (which is early for me, especially considering I haven’t even watched the soaps yet). Mondays be Mondaying and they wear you out.

Mystic Mock
18-04-2023, 01:10 AM
I can get very angry if someone does something to piss me off.

I'm more mouthy though than getting physically violent, I don't like violence in real life, obviously I love it in fiction though.

But basically I can get very verbal with people if they do something that I don't like.

Mystic Mock
18-04-2023, 01:14 AM
There’s little point even going to the stadium if you’re not going to rant and rave and unleash pent-up tension.

That's true.

I've booed plenty of Referees at St. Andrews over the years.:laugh:

Redway
18-04-2023, 03:32 AM
That's true.

My equivalent to referee-booing is cursing people I hate in my sleep.

Mystic Mock
18-04-2023, 04:10 AM
My equivalent to referee-booing is cursing people I hate in my sleep.

That's understandable tbf.

Redway
18-04-2023, 04:25 AM
That's understandable tbf.

I’m being slightly tongue-in-cheek but yh. You know how we get down in our minds when it comes to people who really ain’t for us or have done us dirty in the past. You don’t hold onto those memories just so you can now run and gossip about them to everyone under the sun (although it’s understandable when you have direct experiences with them that make you dislike them rather than just going off rumours about people you don’t know in the first place) but all these experiences shape who you are and how your interpersonally boundaries are set more generally.

Redway
18-04-2023, 04:27 AM
That's true.

If I was a Leeds fan I’d have told you to boo the referee on that team very well but luckily the Reds came out on top last night.

Mystic Mock
18-04-2023, 06:45 AM
If I was a Leeds fan I’d have told you to boo the referee on that team very well but luckily the Reds came out on top last night.

:laugh:

Tbh Blues and Leeds fans don't see eye to eye sometimes anyway, so Liverpool thumping them is no skin off of my nose.:dance:

And we might get to play them next season going off of their current form, which I know that Leeds fans love it when we "play like Brazil" as the Leeds fans call it.:laugh:

Redway
18-04-2023, 01:05 PM
:laugh:

Tbh Blues and Leeds fans don't see eye to eye sometimes anyway, so Liverpool thumping them is no skin off of my nose.:dance:

And we might get to play them next season going off of their current form, which I know that Leeds fans love it when we "play like Brazil" as the Leeds fans call it.:laugh:

Lol, never mind Blues and Leeds. There’s enough beef between the Reds and the blues. Personally, I’d ironically actually rather walk (relatively) alone in life but certainly not for the sake of Everton.

Redway
25-04-2023, 03:22 PM
General Apologetics!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYzE0MWUzZmUwZWViNDA5NGZkYjcxNjh iNTZmODBmZDM3NjExNjM5YSZjdD1n/2t9sDPrlvFpdK/giphy.gif

Which are wasted on people who just choose to be difficult. People like that will have you apologising even when you're not actually the one in the wrong.

Redway
09-05-2023, 08:26 PM
One day I lost it with someone and a woman came out of an office and asked was I ok and would I like a cup of tea

Tea can only solve so much.