PDA

View Full Version : Freecyle - do you use it

Cherie
07-05-2023, 12:11 PM
Currently decluttering to get ahead of an imminent house move, Freecycle is just the best, is there anything people wont take

Do you use it?

AnnieK
09-05-2023, 06:29 AM
I used it last week after a spring clean. Easier than going to the tip and it really is true one persons trash is another person's treasure.

Cherie
09-05-2023, 07:25 AM
I used it last week after a spring clean. Easier than going to the tip and it really is true one persons trash is another person's treasure.

its briliant, even half empty paint pots....gone

LeatherTrumpet
09-05-2023, 07:39 AM
never heard of it

Cherie
09-05-2023, 08:28 AM
never heard of it

its a website you can offer items for free, or post a wanted advert if you are looking for something, or lend or borrow...

LeatherTrumpet
09-05-2023, 08:33 AM
its a website you can offer items for free, or post a wanted advert if you are looking for something, or lend or borrow...

i had a look. I do take a lot of stuff to the tip but i need the guaranteed space rather than wait till folk came around. Any half decent stuff i just repackage and back to the auction it goes

Cherie
09-05-2023, 09:24 AM
i had a look. I do take a lot of stuff to the tip but i need the guaranteed space rather than wait till folk came around. Any half decent stuff i just repackage and back to the auction it goes

tbf they literally come round next day especially if you post on a Friday, it costs nothing to post and just mark as Taken if it is taking too long to shift

LeatherTrumpet
09-05-2023, 09:35 AM
tbf they literally come round next day especially if you post on a Friday, it costs nothing to post and just mark as Taken if it is taking too long to shift

im taking an antique box to the auction this week as someone bought it and they contacted me and said can I pick it up from you this week at the auction, i said sure

I do not know who they are :fist:

Cherie
09-05-2023, 09:43 AM
im taking an antique box to the auction this week as someone bought it and they contacted me and said can I pick it up from you this week at the auction, i said sure

I do not know who they are :fist:

They probably know you :hee:

AnnieK
09-05-2023, 09:49 AM
I put something on last week and had 10 emails about it in the first hour. I posted it at 10am and it was collected at 6 when I got home from work (they would have come earlier).

I can't remember ever putting anything on and it not going. I've had a few bits off there - got Matthew a scientific calculator for school and it is a really good one.

LeatherTrumpet
09-05-2023, 09:51 AM
I put something on last week and had 10 emails about it in the first hour. I posted it at 10am and it was collected at 6 when I got home from work (they would have come earlier).

I doubt that a vibrator of that size had ever been posted before?

thesheriff443
09-05-2023, 09:55 AM

You cheeky bastard

thesheriff443
09-05-2023, 09:59 AM
I’ve Collected a trailer hitch off there before
But some people take the piss in offering and asking

Some sh1t should go to the tip and some of the things people ask for like lap tops with the latest software, I’m like fcuk off you grubby fcuk

AnnieK
09-05-2023, 01:30 PM

That's what he said when he collected it :laugh:

arista
09-05-2023, 01:41 PM

Free

What is the Catch.................

LeatherTrumpet
09-05-2023, 01:49 PM
free

what is the catch.................

there is a small but discernable chance you could meet cherie or anniek

:omgno:

James
09-05-2023, 02:21 PM
I've never used Freecycle but I've looked at Olio which does the same, but also has free food that is about to expire. I've never got anything though.

I've used Too Good To Go which lets you buy cheap food from shops eg. £10 worth for £3. However you don't know what you are getting.

bitontheslide
09-05-2023, 02:39 PM
i've used the council item collection which allows up to 4 items and costs £27 which is a bit of a pain

Kazanne
09-05-2023, 03:02 PM
We have thing in our town called Random acts of kindness,which I gather is the same as free cycle as we advertise stuff we dont want for free and people come and collect it,

James
10-05-2023, 08:45 PM
There's free stuff on Facebook Marketplace, too.

A lot of free furniture.

Cherie
11-05-2023, 05:49 AM
there is a small but discernable chance you could meet cherie or anniek

:omgno:

:laugh:

No catch Arista.... its a bit like donating to a charity shop...no catch there either..

Cherie
14-05-2023, 10:01 AM
So this weekend I got rid of more paint pots, and an old telly and some duvet covers....Mr C is away at the other house and he is wondering if there will be anything left to come back to :laugh:

Its amazing how many people will take paint pots with a bit of paint in :think:

LeatherTrumpet
26-05-2023, 03:50 PM
JUst posted my first thing on it :amazed:

bitontheslide
26-05-2023, 04:02 PM
i don't think a set of broken golf clubs will be very popular

LeatherTrumpet
26-05-2023, 04:05 PM
i don't think a set of broken golf clubs will be very popular

if they were good clubs then its easy to replace a shaft so they would be desirable