PDA

View Full Version : The Editing Style

_Seth
24-05-2023, 08:24 AM
The thing that made me straight up give up on C5 BB was the TOWIE-style, obnoxious music montage-style editing. I know this started with CBB7/BB11 but C5 amped it up to cringe levels.

I really, really want the presentation and editing to go back to a minimalistic, formal, almost documentary-style. Big Brother is reality TV, so we should be able to absorb the real atmosphere present instead of having it be changed with random placement of music. I disliked it when C4 started adding music on eviction exits, also. I also really hope they don't start messing with the chronology of when housemates are speaking in the diary room - that should be shown in order rather than intercut between situations they're in.

What's old is new, and so I think BB would stand out more if it adopted a "colder" editing style to make it feel more real and grounded rather than fake and plastic.

What do you think?

Sawyer
24-05-2023, 09:18 AM
I completely agree. From the way they've described it, it will be going back to its more nuanced days.

Strictly Jake
24-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Yeah I hated the over the top music montages. Does anyone remember when they tried to make the narration funny. Like with iain Stirling on love island. Disaster. We want it as basic as possible tbh

_Seth
24-05-2023, 11:42 AM
Don't even get me started on Marcus Bentley. The OTT parody he became of himself is unreal... Honestly it needs to go back to formal narration.

madman411
24-05-2023, 05:26 PM
If there's any hint of BB3-BB7 I'll think it's off to a great start. I'll be disappointed if it turns into BBUSA or how Australia re-invented their format.

UKTVForever
24-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Wouldn’t it be great we have another iconic Eye

BBDodge
25-05-2023, 12:25 AM
The Daily Telegraph putting the boot in already:

High profile departures, tired formats and bad publicity – how ITV lost its way
For years, it knew its audience and won awards – but today the channel's glory days feel long behind it

Here’s a teaser. Which show is ITV boss Kevin Lygo describing? It is “arguably the best thing there’s even been on television”. It is “more interesting, intelligent and upmarket” than anything that has followed in its wake. Have you guessed? That’s right: it’s Big Brother, the reality show which brought us some of the lowest moments in the annals of reality TV, but is now being revived as ITV’s great hope for 2023.

Mystic Mock
25-05-2023, 12:28 AM
Hopefully BBUK can guide BBUSA & BBCAN towards making a good BB again.:fc:

Nicky91
25-05-2023, 12:54 PM
Yeah I hated the over the top music montages. Does anyone remember when they tried to make the narration funny. Like with iain Stirling on love island. Disaster. We want it as basic as possible tbh

drama makes a great series, the more of that the better

but yes lesser scripted

our hosts do a fine enough job in terms of narration work in highlights episodes